• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small school vs Big school

Started by Dragon I, December 07, 2014, 08:12:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Guy

And my response to that would be if you read the post " conversation Hornet and I had "we are plainly talking about football. Would it make you feel better if I say you win? If so you can win. Not really a big deal to me.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 12, 2014, 03:53:46 pm
And my response to that would be if you read the post " conversation Hornet and I had "we are plainly talking about football. Would it make you feel better if I say you win? If so you can win. Not really a big deal to me.

I really dont care what you and someone else were discussing, i simply stated your third reason was not accurate. You posted track guys and big schools. Then when i said it was what i said you wanted to change what you meant. I really don't care who is fastest, i was only pointing out the track times are not even close between big and small schools.

Safe travels to W.M.S tomorrow.

JC Guy

STUNNA

You guys could play up to 3A and would be able to beat some 4A teams. Your skill guys might be really good but when you move up there are more guys that are skilled.

JC Guy

Spot on STUNNA. As I have read threads on all the boards people think just because you have more A's by your classification you are automatically going to throttle the lower class team and it doesn't always work like that is the point I was trying to make. I know we have a few posters that will tell you quick that we will kill everyone and trust me I am not of that mind set. Like I told Hornet I played in 6A and I remember having our hands full with an elite 3A team one year. They didn't win state that year and we lost in the semi's. On paper they should not have been able to play with us.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JC Guy on December 12, 2014, 04:26:54 pm
Spot on STUNNA. As I have read threads on all the boards people think just because you have more A's by your classification you are automatically going to throttle the lower class team and it doesn't always work like that is the point I was trying to make. I know we have a few posters that will tell you quick that we will kill everyone and trust me I am not of that mind set. Like I told Hornet I played in 6A and I remember having our hands full with an elite 3A team one year. They didn't win state that year and we lost in the semi's. On paper they should not have been able to play with us.

I don't think the gap between 2 and 3A ball is much at all. J.c. and Hazen both beat teams that made good playoff runs, well smack is still playing. Now once you get to 4A i think it would start to be noticeable against the "elite"  4A teams. I figure j.c. could beat the bottom third of every classification, but would probably be out matched with the top teams.

amehr36

I'd agree but I think they'd beat more than the bottom 3rd. Not sure what actual fraction I'd use. Ha.

JC Guy

Pick I agree that 4A up we should totally be out matched against the elite. I would say the grind of playing a 4A schedule should/would takei it's toll on a 2A squad as good as JC. I still stand by I think they are good enough and deep enough to push even the best in 4A this year. I am not saying they win but I don't see them getting blow out.

dart

well tomorrow we will find out if jc can finish 1st with  the little boys but get any higher and they might not win 2 games.

mtindian42

for one you don't know how this team would respond being down more then 2 scores...heck the way mayflower can score points...I'm not even sure they could beat them...lot easier playing the game of football up by 40. then it is down by 14.

amehr36

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 12, 2014, 08:00:48 pm
for one you don't know how this team would respond being down more then 2 scores...heck the way mayflower can score points...I'm not even sure they could beat them...lot easier playing the game of football up by 40. then it is down by 14.

How dumb are you exactly? Let's try to figure out why they are never down 2 scores....

mtindian42

when was the last time this team was down by more then 2 scores? cause if you play up...you going to find yourself there more times then not...

THA TRUTH

December 13, 2014, 12:58:50 am #112 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 01:10:29 am by THA TRUTH
After watching the 3a title game there is no doubt in my mind jc could win 3a without question

HorseFeathers

Quote from: amehr36 on December 12, 2014, 08:05:24 pm

How dumb are you exactly? Let's try to figure out why they are never down 2 scores....

Mayflower doesn't play defense....Dover ran the same play 13 times in a row on them. Mayflower never adjusted to stop it...They just wanted the ball back on offense....

Dover was a middle of the road 4A team o boot...

mtindian42

Quote from: HF on December 13, 2014, 01:01:06 am
Quote from: amehr36 on December 12, 2014, 08:05:24 pm

Mayflower doesn't play defense....Dover ran the same play 13 times in a row on them. Mayflower never adjusted to stop it...They just wanted the ball back on offense....

Dover was a middle of the road 4A team o boot...
lol they lost 45 to 44. that's just there kind of game...

dart

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 13, 2014, 12:58:50 am
After watching the 3a title game there is no doubt in my mind jc could win 3a without question
yea you can assume a lot of things but that doesn't make it right, jc might have beat smackover one time but that doesn't mean they could do it again. You people need to keep your mouth shut because your just mouthing about something that you CAN"T PROVE, LMBO

THA TRUTH

If u saw the game u would understand

Dragon I

dragondad

Quote from: dart on December 13, 2014, 07:22:29 am
yea you can assume a lot of things but that doesn't make it right, jc might have beat smackover one time but that doesn't mean they could do it again. You people need to keep your mouth shut because your just mouthing about something that you CAN"T PROVE, LMBO

LYBO all you want too, half of it we've already proven and the other half Smackover proved last night.

bleudog

December 13, 2014, 09:33:28 am #119 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:46:15 am by bleudog

There is no "might" to it, JC did win when they played and that doesn't mean JC couldn't again either.   ;)

Excuse #1 (for when the teams haven't played each other):  The game isn't played on paper.  X couldn't beat Y on the field.

Excuse #2 (for when the teams have played each other):  That game was played early in the year and would come out differently now.

::)

And c'mon man when did 3A become "big" schools.  I don't know what school you follow dart, but if it's in the 2A-3A, you ought to be on the "small" school side of the debate.

STUNNA

Anything two classes or up should be considered a big school to team.

dart

small schools can not compete with the large schools. Every once in a while a small school will have more than the average 2 to 4 good players but most times they just don't, so when a school has a few extra good players they can win in their class. That doesn't mean that they could play up in class because they would probably not win more than .500 of their games.

LJ06

Would have loved to seen this years Warren and JC's team go at it. Been a heck of a game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on December 13, 2014, 09:33:28 am

There is no "might" to it, JC did win when they played and that doesn't mean JC couldn't again either.   ;)

Excuse #1 (for when the teams haven't played each other):  The game isn't played on paper.  X couldn't beat Y on the field.

Excuse #2 (for when the teams have played each other):  That game was played early in the year and would come out differently now.

::)

And c'mon man when did 3A become "big" schools.  I don't know what school you follow dart, but if it's in the 2A-3A, you ought to be on the "small" school side of the debate.

yeah, and it's easy to sit behind a computer and say my team would win every hypothetical matchup just because I said so too....That's what this really boils down to isn't it? Besides, Junction City knew their toughest game this year would be smackover...It's easy to get up for 1 game that you prepared for all summer, when you know you could all show up at half strength and win the rest of the year....

THA TRUTH

Well I guess that's a different way to look at it

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 13, 2014, 04:45:04 pm
Well I guess that's a different way to look at it

Yes I just indirectly compared you guys to Boise St of the last decade haha....

Seriously THough I think you guys could have played with both teams in the season, even after the 14 "off" weeks that the Dragons have had....not a slight to the 2A but when your starters aren't playing after the half in ANY game is it really much more than a scrimmage to the winning side?

THA TRUTH

U could say no but my honest opinion is jc would have an easier time beating charleston based on how they match up with them compared to smack

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 13, 2014, 04:52:04 pm
U could say no but my honest opinion is jc would have an easier time beating charleston based on how they match up with them compared to smack

No...Ha...I didn't watch much of Junction City this year on the livestream(Actually got to go to games this year instead of sitting at home), But I think Charleston-Junction City would have been a good game this year...

bleudog

December 13, 2014, 06:11:13 pm #128 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 09:10:38 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on December 13, 2014, 04:22:59 pm
yeah, and it's easy to sit behind a computer and say my team would win every hypothetical matchup just because I said so too....That's what this really boils down to isn't it? Besides, Junction City knew their toughest game this year would be smackover...It's easy to get up for 1 game that you prepared for all summer, when you know you could all show up at half strength and win the rest of the year....

Did Smackover not have the same prep time?

And other than week #1, Smackover coasted thru its schedule until December.

JC often open ups with 3A opponents.  They win some, they lose some.  OOC games are designed to prepare for conference and eventually playoffs.  While the future and hypothetical can be debated (thank you Calpreps), history cannot be changed. ;)

Air Force One

That would be a nice non conference game before conference play began, JC and Warren, or Warren and ElDorado, JC might have a chance against the Lumberjacks next year because they graduate a big senior class this year, but just when you think Warren is rebuilding they are reloading. I remember when Warren played Springdale, Warren was in the lead at halftime but Springdale dressed out 85 or 90 players, and the final was 41-14 Springdale, Coach Malzahn respect Warren, he did not kick deep to Warren, and he got out of his spread offense and kept Springdale in a running game to wear down Warren. Man up JC! get out of your confort zone! We would love to see JC or ElDorado in The Rock vs. Warren. Let me he from the Wildcats and Dragons!!!!! P.S. Warren will put on the road jerseys, neutral site, home, or your back yard it don`t matter!

Wilson

I get the feeling if you see JC in a showcase type game again any time soon it will be at "The battle on the border" in Shreveport against a Haynesville/Calvary Baptist/or Many type team. . the Haynesville/JC matchup was a big rumor last year around this time after both schools won their respective state titles (as they both did again this year) until Shreveport Mayor Cedric Glover got involved and almost caused the whole showcase the be scrubbed this year. . I'm not sure of the details but from what i have heard the JC administration was very unhappy about something that went down the last time JC played the hooties classic. . i don't foresee JC playing it again any time soon

Ventman

-Painted Fan-

2010   Earle 40  Little Rock Fair 6
2011   Earle 52  Little Rock Fair 0

Yes, I realize LR Fair is terrible, but they were 6A at the time of these games.

Ventman

There are a lot of 2A teams that play up and have good success. I would love for JC to hook up with PA. That would be a fun one to watch.

dragondad

I'm sure the problem with Hooties is ole Hootie-Who wants to make all the money and give a small penny to the teams. You want to have JC play in your showcase? Ante up!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 14, 2014, 12:05:39 am

Yes, I realize LR Fair is terrible, but they were 6A at the time of these games.

4A Ashdown beat 7A West Memphis last year I believe

STUNNA

Quote from: Ventman on December 14, 2014, 12:18:43 am
There are a lot of 2A teams that play up and have good success. I would love for JC to hook up with PA. That would be a fun one to watch.
No you dont

STUNNA

Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 01:26:38 am

4A Ashdown beat 7A West Memphis last year I believe
West Memphis is not very good last couple of years

noonerricky

I see smaller schools beating bigger schools all the time. Of all the small schools in Arkansas, Junction City has more beef than others. I don't care what anyone says after seeing them last night I believe they would win 3A and highly compete with 4A. Then the weaker class 6A schools would probably lose to someone like junction. If I was a coach I would push to play someone like junction. It was so fun watching them play last night. Even that kid who sped down field and committed an illegal block on a punt return for a TD, he came out of nowhere. As coaches you want to schedule non conference teams that are gonna compete to prepare you for other competitions. I wouldn't mind seeing a warren vs junction matchup. Or any bigger schools.

outlaw2929

Dierks opens their 2015 season with HS lakeside. Will they be able to compete with them. I think they are 5a

dragondad

Quote from: outlaw2929 on December 14, 2014, 10:34:26 am
Dierks opens their 2015 season with HS lakeside. Will they be able to compete with them. I think they are 5a

Compete, yes......Win, not likely.

zebradynasty

Unless you've seen them play (LR Fair) the scoreboard doesn't do them justice as to how bad they are! They should not be used in the discussion of small vs big! JC could probably play well against most 4A competition but would struggle with the upper echelon of 4A. Nashville, Warren, Dollarway, Malvern...would be a tall order but competitive.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 14, 2014, 06:57:00 pm

Unless you've seen them play (LR Fair) the scoreboard doesn't do them justice as to how bad they are! They should not be used in the discussion of small vs big! JC could probably play well against most 4A competition but would struggle with the upper echelon of 4A. Nashville, Warren, Dollarway, Malvern...would be a tall order but competitive.
Very true

Hornet4ever

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2014, 08:15:33 am
No you dont
Wouldnt get that cocky, PA would show J.C. how to play football.

amehr36

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 14, 2014, 09:31:01 pm
Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2014, 08:15:33 am
No you dont
Wouldnt get that cocky, PA would show J.C. how to play football.

I'm glad. I'm not sure these JC boys have quite got that figured out yet....

Outloud

Thank you noonericky!! Officials didnt see the block in the back or all the lineman downfield on a 4th down pass either!! We would have been on short side of scoreboard but at least they could have called a championship game a little better than they did( my opinion!!!) AAA is just about the $$$$$$$ any way!!!!!

dragondad

dragondad#1

Out loud, what about players making tackles and purposely twisting ankles. Did you see that? There was only one of those block that May have been questionable don't pretend that you didn't see that this game was aggressive from BOTH SIDES...Hazen played a great game don't take that away from your team with excuses

Outloud

No excuses, we were outmanned and outplayed. But when blocks in the back make for big yard plays and happen right in frint of officials it was plain to see! And lineman downfield on that 4th down pass? No call!!!!! And you know that was missed call!! Jc heckuva team and they dint need extra help!!!!

Old Scrapper

that's 2A football for you!  Referee poor league!  just gotta live with it!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas