• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC and Hazen at the Rock!

Started by dragonpastor, December 05, 2014, 10:22:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 10:52:31 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 10:46:32 am
.... Wait a minute i dont like Hazen and my conference support ends now, we got a team to the final for the 2nd year in a row. I hope j.c. beats the wings off Hazen. Like 61-0. Therefore, my kids and i will be in attendance sitting on the j.c. side wearing EAGLE green.

Come on down.   Maybe wear some purple and gold socks.  ;D

Bleu, with hazen being a purple team too, i do not own ANYTHING purple. Lol

bleudog

December 06, 2014, 11:00:57 am #51 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:21:40 am by bleudog
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 10:57:26 am
.... Wait a minute i dont like Hazen and my conference support ends now, we got a team to the final for the 2nd year in a row. I hope j.c. beats the wings off Hazen. Like 61-0. Therefore, my kids and i will be in attendance sitting on the j.c. side wearing EAGLE green.

Gotcha, but Hazen should be the road team Saturday.

green-eagle

JC will accept LSU gear with a dash if Tulane ( green) thrown in!

bleudog

December 06, 2014, 11:23:24 am #53 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:25:41 am by bleudog
Quote from: green-eagle on December 06, 2014, 11:02:28 am

You will not believe how much LSWho stuff will be in WMS Saturday. ::)

Of course if it's cold, JC breaks out the secondary color scheme of camo and camo.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 11:23:24 am
Quote from: green-eagle on December 06, 2014, 11:02:28 am

You will not believe how much LSWho stuff will be in WMS Saturday. ::)

Of course if it's cold, JC breaks out the secondary color scheme of camo and camo.

Well if it's cold, i think camo is just about every teams secondary color, and i have plenty of that color.

JrHighParent

Who is this Junction City team I have been hearing about ? Oh yea I forgot, that is the team The Hazen Hornets are going to be playing in the Championship game this Saturday. Any team can be beaten any given day so with that being said , "Junction City, you will know the Swarm of Hornets have arrived !!!!!!

green-eagle

Quote from: JrHighParent on December 06, 2014, 11:38:50 am
Who is this Junction City team I have been hearing about ? Oh yea I forgot, that is the team The Hazen Hornets are going to be playing in the Championship game this Saturday. Any team can be beaten any given day so with that being said , "Junction City, you will know the Swarm of Hornets have arrived !!!!!!

Is this a JC fan trolling?

amehr36

To be fair, I always give respect when a team earns it.  Carlisle last eyear comes to mind. I always respect Bearden... it's just that there are so few times for me to speak good of other teams these days. I'm also pretty good at eating crow. Just haven't had to do that in awhile either.

Dragon I

I don't know GE, we'll have to check it's post history!  I think that one might be legit, just extremely optimistic.

cav2012

Well we will need a A+ game to keep it within 30 and a bad jc to keep it questionable. So optimism is our best friend haha. Hopefully the weather is nice

cuz

Quote from: green-eagle on December 06, 2014, 11:41:10 am
Quote from: JrHighParent on December 06, 2014, 11:38:50 am

Is this a JC fan trolling?
Definitely a Hazen fan, by the past posts..........

JrHighParent

Not only a Hornet fan but also a parent of one of the players

green-eagle

Quote from: JrHighParent on December 06, 2014, 12:16:46 pm
Not only a Hornet fan but also a parent of one of the players

Great! I know that you are excited and love to hear your opinion, but there are time we get the trolls from Smackover ;)  trying to drum up things

Coach Mac D

It seems like people have completely sold their soul to the devil to be able to so confidently predict the future. I place my faith in the lord. Trust him and fight for him. Let them trip over their own ego. Don't let them distract you from your goals. Do what you do and what you did to get there. Have faith!
"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. "    "If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.  There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true. " John 5:30-32 NIV

cuz

Quote from: Coach Mac D on December 06, 2014, 01:21:16 pm
It seems like people have completely sold their soul to the devil to be able to so confidently predict the future. I place my faith in the lord. Trust him and fight for him. Let them trip over their own ego. Don't let them distract you from your goals. Do what you do and what you did to get there. Have faith!
"By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. "    "If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true.  There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true. " John 5:30-32 NIV
Nice post coach....+1

HorseFeathers

Just a little insight, from the guy who's been around the longest of the 2A board regulars.....Well amehr comes and goes. But amehr does indeed give credit when and where it's due. I've seen it happen for Hector way back when. DragonI actually complimented Hector in an inbox conversation I had with him a few weeks ago. Cuz brings up how good Hector's QB is in him opinion everytime there was a conversation about them. I don't think there is a classier and more factual based poster on here than BleuDog. Tha Truth...I pray and hope that his on board personality isn't how he is in real life, cause he'd be a miserable person to have that negative of an outlook on everyone else :D I said all this to show they actually do have good sides to them...Well except for maybe tha truth :D

Anyway, I agree with the J.C folks that 2A is down this year. After watching Hazen/Des Arc(I know Pick it was a rivalry game, I'm sure you'll point that out yet again) I came away thinking that if Hazen is #2 this year then 2A isn't that good, just my opinion(Also had that opinion of 3A outside of their top 3 or 4 teams). After watching Junction City on their livestream, I got the impression of it.s.....#1. Junction City....Huge Gap....#2 Hazen(Yes I do think they are #2 in 2A based on results this year, and they looked to be a disciplined team with a little bit of under utilized speed based on a #1 game sample).....Smaller Gap....Rest of the field. This game could get ugly fast if Hazen doesn't show up, and it wouldn't suprise me if it looks like last years finals. Only way Hornets can beat Junction City, is keep the ball out of their offense's hands. 0, absolutely no Mistakes on either side of the ball. And score every possession of the game. And forcing Junction CIty to commit uncharacterisc(Is that a word?) turnovers and errors. Oh yeah finding a passing game this week might help as well... We all know that no matter how good you are, Junction City is going to get theirs(at least they will this year), look at the Smackover game this year. They were the best defense that Junction City has seen this year(don't think any other team has scored 20 on them this year), and Dancy still had a stellar night and scored multiple times.

So....Junction City 49 Hazen 6

Dragon I

Beast post.  Even broke down the JC posters.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 06, 2014, 01:29:16 pm
Just a little insight, from the guy who's been around the longest of the 2A board regulars.....Well amehr comes and goes. But amehr does indeed give credit when and where it's due. I've seen it happen for Hector way back when. DragonI actually complimented Hector in an inbox conversation I had with him a few weeks ago. Cuz brings up how good Hector's QB is in him opinion everytime there was a conversation about them. I don't think there is a classier and more factual based poster on here than BleuDog. Tha Truth...I pray and hope that his on board personality isn't how he is in real life, cause he'd be a miserable person to have that negative of an outlook on everyone else :D I said all this to show they actually do have good sides to them...Well except for maybe tha truth :D

Anyway, I agree with the J.C folks that 2A is down this year. After watching Hazen/Des Arc(I know Pick it was a rivalry game, I'm sure you'll point that out yet again) I came away thinking that if Hazen is #2 this year then 2A isn't that good, just my opinion(Also had that opinion of 3A outside of their top 3 or 4 teams). After watching Junction City on their livestream, I got the impression of it.s.....#1. Junction City....Huge Gap....#2 Hazen(Yes I do think they are #2 in 2A based on results this year, and they looked to be a disciplined team with a little bit of under utilized speed based on a #1 game sample).....Smaller Gap....Rest of the field. This game could get ugly fast if Hazen doesn't show up, and it wouldn't suprise me if it looks like last years finals. Only way Hornets can beat Junction City, is keep the ball out of their offense's hands. 0, absolutely no Mistakes on either side of the ball. And score every possession of the game. And forcing Junction CIty to commit uncharacterisc(Is that a word?) turnovers and errors. Oh yeah finding a passing game this week might help as well... We all know that no matter how good you are, Junction City is going to get theirs(at least they will this year), look at the Smackover game this year. They were the best defense that Junction City has seen this year(don't think any other team has scored 20 on them this year), and Dancy still had a stellar night and scored multiple times.

Actually HF, after des arc held j.c. to just 28 first half points and forced their punter to knock the dust off his helmet and use it. I think it was des arcs defense that made hazen look like they did that night. Now im realistic and i dont think hazen has a chance to win. But i think the 2A is where it normally is, just j.c. is way above any normal years 2A team.

playmaker04

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 01:43:37 pm

Actually HF, after des arc held j.c. to just 28 first half points and forced their punter to knock the dust off his helmet and use it. I think it was des arcs defense that made hazen look like they did that night. Now im realistic and i dont think hazen has a chance to win. But i think the 2A is where it normally is, just j.c. is way above any normal years 2A team.
I agree pick

Dragon I

It's OK to be wrong.  Someone has to be.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 01:34:01 pm

What is a "beast" post?

bleudog

Dragon I

HF's post.  Obviously you read it.

10-8

cuz

Very insightful HF. I to think the 2a is down some this year. When all the teams in your conference are on the same playing level it's hard to judge the level of their play. Far as Hazen is concerned until they get a coach that will implement modern ball play they'll be the same old tired team they've always been. I watched the last Quarter of the McCrory game last night. They looked like a team out of the 50's. The 6 will never compete till they implement a balanced offense. They just don't have the horses to do otherwise. JC by as much as they want......

Coach Mac D

The fact is hazen is the only team with a chance to beat JC this week. They are only team left because they work extremely hard and believe in each other and have faith in the coaches and program. It is obvious JC has a great player development program, great coaches, great players and a great fan base. With all that being said so does hazen. I expect an emotionally charged football game on both sides of the field. I have no doubt hazen has the ability to win just like I have no doubt JC has the ability to win. I just hope hazen pulls it out and I have faith they will climb this mountain.

Dragon I

Cuz, I know you're well liked and respected on here, but you just shot that to crap in some folks eyes!  LOL! 

Coach Mac D

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 02:03:55 pm
Cuz, I know you're well liked and respected on here, but you just shot that to crap in some folks eyes!  LOL!

Couldn't agree more. Lol this is exactly what Hazen needs to happen. This makes me so happy. Base your opinion on one quarter of football please. Lol

cuz

December 06, 2014, 02:10:23 pm #77 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:39:23 pm by cuz
Yeah DI your right, but as you stated a time or two, the Truth hurts, but it will also set you free..lol
If JC wouldn't of changed our style of play we'd be in the same boat. That's how Bearden has competed so well with us in the past. Well it certainly won't be the first time I've been slapped......... ;)

Dragon I

Coach MD, we've all watched a lot more than one quarter of film on Hazen.  The underdog card isn't going to work this week.  It's been used every week for three seasons now.

green-eagle

Quote from: cuz The 6 will never compete till they implement a balanced offense. They just don't have the horses to do otherwise. JC by as much as they want......
/quote]

The 6 have had teams that was well balance ( DA in 2008) but the time has hit a lot of 2A teams and there pressure to win and when you dont have the personnel to run a balance offense... Well you dont have the personnel, but you can put together a running team...

I am just hoping that the down turn in short in 2A ball...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cuz on December 06, 2014, 02:00:46 pm

Very insightful HF. I to think the 2a is down some this year. When all the teams in your conference are on the same playing level it's hard to judge the level of their play. Far as Hazen is concerned until they get a coach that will implement modern ball play they'll be the same old tired team they've always been. I watched the last Quarter of the McCrory game last night. They looked like a team out of the 50's. The 6 will never compete till they implement a balanced offense. They just don't have the horses to do otherwise. JC by as much as they want......

Hazen isn't near the quality of team that Carlisle was last year. And Carlisle went to Junction City with a run run run run run run offense. Yes they almost beat the Dragons, but almost only counts in Horse Shoes and Hand Grenades. Myself watching that game on the livestream was screaming Throw the Dang Ball, and you can win this game!

Dragon I

Hopefully GE.  Big games are so much more fun when they are like the 2008 title game.

cuz

Quote from: Coach Mac D on December 06, 2014, 02:08:07 pm

Couldn't agree more. Lol this is exactly what Hazen needs to happen. This makes me so happy. Base your opinion on one quarter of football please. Lol
As DI stated it was based on a lot more of ball playing than just that one quarter.........
Deuteronomy 25:13-16
"You shall not have in your bag differing weights, a large and a small. "You shall not have in your house differing measures, a large and a small. "You shall have a full and just weight; you shall have a full and just measure, that your days may be prolonged in the land which the LORD your God gives you.
Balance my friend, balance..

Think before passing judgment......
Galatians 4:16
So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

When you watch j.c. every week and thats who you compare other teams too, i can see where one would consider 2A to be down.

Its not like the 6 had 3 one loss teams, the pecking order was established just like most years. To say the 6 will not compete is misleading, the only team des arc has had problems with from the almighty 8 is j.c., as far as the playoffs go, our one dimensional offense has held its own against Bearden, strong, and Woodlawn. You see what happened to that offense bearden tried to run last year. Everybody know that late November and early December it will most likely be wet and muddy.

WPWells

HF needs to break down the Charleston posters next

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 02:24:42 pm

When you watch j.c. every week and thats who you compare other teams too, i can see where one would consider 2A to be down.

Its not like the 6 had 3 one loss teams, the pecking order was established just like most years. To say the 6 will not compete is misleading, the only team des arc has had problems with from the almighty 8 is j.c., as far as the playoffs go, our one dimensional offense has held its own against Bearden, strong, and Woodlawn. You see what happened to that offense bearden tried to run last year. Everybody know that late November and early December it will most likely be wet and muddy.

J.C played at El Dorado's Stadium, Dollarway played at an alternate site, GLen Rose played at BHG's Turf field....Des Arc with their stumbling rumbling 3 yards and a splash of mud offense didn't...Wonder why 8)

Dragon I

Do you know how long the Dragon faithful screamed for a passing game of any kind?  Another quick fact.  JC has not lost a game that they have played exclusively in the spread.  Give the kids a chance.  Can the ground and pound win state titles?  Yeah, if you out man the other team across the board.  The one dimensional stuff doesn't work nearly as well when the team lined up across from you is just as good.  All three of those teams that they held their own against are down, and those teams do the same thing.  They are all one dimensional.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on December 06, 2014, 02:28:10 pm

J.C played at El Dorado's Stadium, Dollarway played at an alternate site, GLen Rose played at BHG's Turf field....Des Arc with their stumbling rumbling 3 yards and a splash of mud offense didn't...Wonder why 8)

Because it was home field advantage. Its not like it was only muddy on Beardens side. J.c. moved to utilize their speed, if they dont, its an all 6 final last year.

bleudog

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 01:34:01 pm

Sounds like cuz was broke down before HF posted.  ;D

Quote from: cuz on December 06, 2014, 01:23:36 pm
.....I can relate, two open-heart surgeries, 3 knee surgeries, 1 shoulder surgery. Just proud to get to go see my Grand-son play some ball. Oh I still got my hair a little thinner than it used to be, but still a full head....lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

As for 08, des arc was still pretty one dimensional, yes we scored on a screen pass, but it was to a r.b. It wasnt like we were stretching the field.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 02:29:58 pm
Do you know how long the Dragon faithful screamed for a passing game of any kind?  Another quick fact.  JC has not lost a game that they have played exclusively in the spread.  Give the kids a chance.  Can the ground and pound win state titles?  Yeah, if you out man the other team across the board.  The one dimensional stuff doesn't work nearly as well when the team lined up across from you is just as good.  All three of those teams that they held their own against are down, and those teams do the same thing.  They are all one dimensional.

A One Dimensional offense won 4A last year...

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 02:30:54 pm

Because it was home field advantage. Its not like it was only muddy on Beardens side. J.c. moved to utilize their speed, if they dont, its an all 6 final last year.

It was playing style advantage to...Why can't you just admit that and move on?

If Carlisle had ANYTHING that resembled a competent passing game last year then it's a 2A-6 final just saying...which is what the J.C fans are trying to tell you. If Des Arc had a passing game against Hazen they could have won that game, they tried to pass and found open guys, just couldn't connect(Dropped, overthrown etc)

Dragon I

So was JC, until crunch time.  See what happened.

cuz

December 06, 2014, 02:35:30 pm #92 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:40:37 pm by cuz
Quote from: green-eagle on December 06, 2014, 02:16:06 pm
Quote from: cuz The 6 will never compete till they implement a balanced offense. They just don't have the horses to do otherwise. JC by as much as they want......
/quote]

The 6 have had teams that was well balance ( DA in 2008) but the time has hit a lot of 2A teams and there pressure to win and when you dont have the personnel to run a balance offense... Well you dont have the personnel, but you can put together a running team...

I am just hoping that the down turn in short in 2A ball...
GE in 08 JC wasn't a balanced team, but we had the horses in Turner, Ross and Larry. DA had more speed that year than any team in the 6 ever had. If you remember it came down to a field goal in the last few seconds of the game. A game I might say will always be remembered and go down as one of the best finals ever. JC always said we didn't have no one to catch the ball back then, but the truth of the matter is if it isn't broke don't fix it. Well it broke one year, no super stars in the backfield. so coach C implemented the spread and it's won us 2 championship, and soon to be 3............ ;)

Dragon I

December 06, 2014, 02:36:51 pm #93 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:38:38 pm by Dragon I
Heck HF, JC won 3 in six year with the wishbone.  Since they went to the spread?  Two for two, soon to be three for three!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 02:36:51 pm
Heck HF, JC won 3 in six year with the wishbone.  Since they went to the spread?  Three for three!

I was just pointing it out :D....It got that same team back to the 3A semi finals this year, where a somewhat balanced team with an SEC QB got lucky and beat them...

Wilson

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on December 06, 2014, 02:43:01 pm
HF. . where's my 40 time at?

I didn't want to embarrass Dancy :D   Besides you claim Sparkman as your home team...Undefeated 10 years and counting right?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

December 06, 2014, 02:45:30 pm #97 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 02:48:45 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: HF on December 06, 2014, 02:33:50 pm

If Carlisle had ANYTHING that resembled a competent passing game last year then it's a 2A-6 final just saying...which is what the J.C fans are trying to tell you. If Des Arc had a passing game against Hazen they could have won that game, they tried to pass and found open guys, just couldn't connect(Dropped, overthrown etc)

I do admit it played to our advantage, but thats What happens when you win your conference.

If we had the athletes to pass the ball im sure we would, you just said we couldn't catch a cold in an Alaskan snow storm.

cuz

Quote from: HF on December 06, 2014, 02:38:34 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 02:36:51 pm
Heck HF, JC won 3 in six year with the wishbone.  Since they went to the spread?  Three for three!

I was just pointing it out :D....It got that same team back to the 3A semi finals this year, where a somewhat balanced team with an SEC QB got lucky and beat them...
It's all about the horses boys and not just one either.......

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 02:45:30 pm
Quote from: HF on December 06, 2014, 02:33:50 pm

I do admit it played to out advantage, but thats What happens when you win your conference.

If we had the athletes to pass the ball im sure we would, you just said we couldn't catch a cold in an Alaskan snow storm.

I can agree with that one...They were open on the few plays. But those boys looked like they had cinder blocks for hands :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas