• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC and Hazen at the Rock!

Started by dragonpastor, December 05, 2014, 10:22:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

A game probably isn't the best time to practice catching the ball.

green-eagle

Does DA have any baseball players that can play QB?

Wilson

The Sparkman Raiders wilk never lose again!!!!

that being said . . as recruiting coordinator for JC now i have to claim a new allegiance ;)

HorseFeathers

Alright...I'll add my analysis of Wilson. he's the biggest expert on Louisiana Football. He knows which coaches are willing to lend him players, and the way to "persuade" the ones that aren't so willing. If his connections in Asia come through and he gets to cherry pick a whole continent Arkansas Football is in real trouble :D

Wilson

We will have an unbelievable kicker this time next year. . he will also double as out math and science tutor for the football team

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on December 06, 2014, 03:01:23 pm
We will have an unbelievable kicker this time next year. . he will also double as out math and science tutor for the football team

With those Asians, Junction City Quizbowl team will be the most physically and intellectually intimidating team to ever play the game haha

cuz

Quote from: HF on December 06, 2014, 02:57:05 pm
Alright...I'll add my analysis of Wilson. he's the biggest expert on Louisiana Football. He knows which coaches are willing to lend him players, and the way to "persuade" the ones that aren't so willing. If his connections in Asia come through and he gets to cherry pick a whole continent Arkansas Football is in real trouble :D
HF every since we got the plane all you hear about is continental football, but Wilson has been the king in Louisiana and I'm sure he will succeed in the other endeavors...

bleudog

and he's the only one who knows how to change the oil on Dragon Force One.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: green-eagle on December 06, 2014, 02:51:24 pm

Yes, he is already playing qb.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2014, 03:04:09 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on December 06, 2014, 02:51:24 pm

Yes, he is already playing qb.
Doing a good job at it also. He's real good on D also.....

Football55

Hazen will show how humble they are and put the second string in at half.  ;D

Dragon I

That would be a change for the JC reserves.  They've had to play against starters the last four weeks and still have only given up two scores, both in the last moments of the game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 03:04:01 pm

and he's the only one who knows how to change the oil on Dragon Force One.

Job Security :D

Football55

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 03:16:18 pm
That would be a change for the JC reserves.  They've had to play against starters the last four weeks and still have only given up two scores, both in the last moments of the game.

Haha, honestly I just hope it turns into a solid defensive game.

I guess I am going to break out one of my old Hazen shirts and make the trip to Little Rock. Guess I should wear white since we are away. I don't think I can fit into any of them anymore.  :(

Wilson

Those turbines are tricky ;)

Little bit of trivia. . JC's last football coach before Carpenter came to JC from. .    .Hazen. .  don't think he was the HC.   but he was for sure the baseball head coach. . he coached one of the longest state tournament baseball games in Arkansas history in 1980. . think it went 19 innings. . i watched most of it with my father and a couple of other JC fans in Russellville at ATU in 1980 .   . .amazing what an 8 year old at the time can remember ;)

Dragon I

Come on Wilson!  Us youngsters need a name!  LOL!

Wilson

bleudog

December 06, 2014, 04:06:07 pm #117 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:15:26 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on December 06, 2014, 04:02:49 pm
Coach Crumpler

Jessieville's elementary principal I believe.

Wilson

He was the last time i spoke to him.   he might be retired by now. . was several years ago i last saw him. .

he was the HC of that 86 team where Meadows set the single season rushing record . .

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on December 06, 2014, 04:09:51 pm
He was the last time i spoke to him.   he might be retired by now. . was several years ago i last saw him. .

he was the HC of that 86 team where Meadows set the single season rushing record . .

Quote from: Lions84 on May 24, 2006, 12:42:16 pm
1989  4-5-0 (2-4-0) 5th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1988  6-4-0 (2-4-0) 6th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1987  8-2-0 (4-2-0) 2nd out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1986  10-2-0 (5-1-0) 1st out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1985  5-5-0 (2-4-0) 5th out of 7 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1984  6-4-0 (3-2-0) 3rd out of 6 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1983  7-3-0 (2-3-0) 4th out of 6 teams in 7AA under Coach Terry Crumpler

1982  4-5-1 (2-3-0) 4th out of 6 teams in 7AA East under Coach Terry Crumpler

1981  4-6-0 (2-3-0) 4th out of 6 teams in 7AA East under Coach Terry Crumpler

Wilson

If that's the case i revise my statement .   that was in May of 81 then I'm thinking. . cause we watched him coach his baseball team the spring before he took over as JC's football coach the next fall. . he had already accepted the job cause dad said that's our new football coach

The Coach

JC would win the 3A State Championship, they'd win 4A, they'd win 5A, and they woulda played PB much closer last night than Benton did. Go on and kill this thread and get to more productive conversations.
[/quote]

Good grief  ::)

bleudog

December 06, 2014, 04:24:50 pm #122 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 05:40:54 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on December 06, 2014, 04:19:07 pm
If that's the case i revise my statement .   that was in May of 81 then I'm thinking. . cause we watched him coach his baseball team the spring before he took over as JC's football coach the next fall. . he had already accepted the job cause dad said that's our new football coach

I didn't even notice the dates.  It just showed up on a search.  I'm guessing L84 might have one of those fancy AR football history books.  Click L84's name in the quoted post and it will take you to his full list.  There's more than one name you'll recognize. ;)

And Jessieville's current elementary principal looks a lot prettier than any ol' football coach I've ever seen.

nightowl

I am going with Hazen on this one

Wilson

There used to be a site a guy from Greenwood ran that had records for almost every season back to like 1977. . had the head coach name and all that. . site closed down about 5-6 years ago. . that may be where that info came from.   i met the guy at the 05 battle on the border in Shrveport when the Springdale/Evangle game was played when Gus was coaching them with Mustain and Williams playing. . he gave me his card for his site. . can't remember what it was called. . but it was real in depth. . had scores from each game all the teams listed had played

doniarebel64

Crumpler took over in 1980. He was 6-3 that season. Missed playoffs by one game.

Wilson

So i was right when i thought it was in the spring of 80 that we watched him coaching Hazen in Russellville. . my brain isn't as fried as i was starting to think it was. . .thanks doniareb ;)

And i found that card. . the site that had all that info was Arkansasprepsports.com but its no longer is active

bleudog

Gentlemen, is the Tommy Patterson listed in the post by L84 as the coach in '78-'79-'80 the real estate guy in El Dorado?

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=42861.msg979095#msg979095

ARKDAD50

Well Coach Crumpler was the assistant in baseball that year, and it was 21 innings long against Tuckerman if I remember correctly!
That was a long time ago..but I was there.

Well I guess I know now why JC has been so good, they got a coach that was groomed by one of the best that came through Hazen, Brownie Parmley.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 06:10:51 pm
Gentlemen, is the Tommy Patterson listed in the post by L84 as the coach in '78-'79-'80 the real estate guy in El Dorado?

Yep.........

bleudog

Quote from: cuz on December 06, 2014, 06:14:10 pm
Quote from: bleudog on December 06, 2014, 06:10:51 pm

Yep.........

'preciate it.  I didn't know that was part of his background.

Wilson

December 06, 2014, 06:35:16 pm #131 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 06:38:47 pm by Wilson
Yes. . he was a better assistant than headcoach.. I'm guessing he a better reality guy than coach though. ;)

I knew it was a loooooooong game. . as an 8 year old 21 innings is a lifetime. . Coach Crumpler was a good man and a good friend of my family while in JC. . was especially close to my grandfather . . he was the man that had to break the news to my grandad when my father passed in 86. . couldn't of found a better man to do it . .

Dragon I

The trash talk leading up to this game has been a major let down.  I want the Cav back from week 7!

cav2012

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 08:10:55 pm
The trash talk leading up to this game has been a major let down.  I want the Cav back from week 7!
ok, question, will you be back crying after hazen wins? Or after the first play and penn goes 80 yards?

Dragon I

If either happens, I'll be here with bells on claiming your greatness!  You have my word Cav.

THA TRUTH

After what I've seen in this 5a title game jc could atleast make the title game cause wynne isn't very good

cav2012

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 08:47:34 pm
If either happens, I'll be here with bells on claiming your greatness!  You have my word Cav.
;D optimism is key for me haha

mtindian42

December 06, 2014, 09:25:52 pm #137 Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:28:47 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 06, 2014, 08:48:40 pm
After what I've seen in this 5a title game jc could atleast make the title game cause wynne isn't very good
wynne would kill jc...stick to dominating...the worse...cause you ain't ready for the BEST...

The Coach

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 06, 2014, 08:48:40 pm

Umm No

THA TRUTH

Children please for one the qb is awful and can't see down field he would get sacked more against jc and I was at the game for only a half and saw about 8 sacks

The Coach

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 06, 2014, 11:11:32 pm
Children please for one the qb is awful and can't see down field he would get sacked more against jc and I was at the game for only a half and saw about 8 sacks

Yea they played PA. JC hasn't seen a team as good as either of the 5A finalist. Wouldn't even be a game.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: playmaker04 on December 06, 2014, 07:53:22 am
Quote from: Beardad on December 06, 2014, 07:27:38 am
this game will not be "closer than you think". Hazen will not be close. JC by as many as they want. If they want to win 62-0, they will. If you have not seen JC, stop commenting. You will be embarassed. They have a 54 man roster. Every boy in junction city plays football. Coincidentally, every boy in junction city is obsessed with weight lifting. And most the junction city boys are bigger than your boys. JC beat smackover by 2 TDs in the opener. Smackover is in the3A state championship. JC would win the 3A State Championship, they'd win 4A, they'd win 5A, and they woulda played PB much closer last night than Benton did. Go on and kill this thread and get to more productive conversations.
They would not win 3a,4a or 5a so shut your corn hole newbie. Storey would have a field day and P.A or Wynne would skull drag them. Pine Bluff would commit football homicide on them. JC is a great 2a team. They would be a great 3a team. They could probably compete in 4a somewhat. 5A,6A and 7A is a whole different animal. Charleston, Wynne and PA have qbs going to d-1 schools. Dancy is a great back but not highly regarded from big schools. Arkansas and Missouri looked but didn't offer. LA Tech only school that did. Enjoy winning 2A. Don't get overconfident and think you're good enough to play with the big schools.
JC has a big roster, and a lot of athletes. Guess what comes in those bigger divisions. Big rosters and big athletes. Junction is a great 2A team, but them stepping up wouldn't go so sweet.

mtindian42

While the two cities—one in Arkansas and one in Louisiana—have been separately incorporated, they share a school system and a volunteer fire department. By the middle of the twentieth century, both Louisiana parishes had become dry, and most Junction City homes, churches, and businesses were located in Arkansas. Segregated schools operated in Junction City into the 1960s. They taught children from both states, though they were all built on the Arkansas side of the state line. Following desegregation, the Junction City high school football team, which plays at the 2A level, became one of the more successful teams in Arkansas, winning state championships most recently in 2003, 2008, 2009, 2012, and 2013.

JC Guy

Glad to see you done your homework 42. We will never know if Junction could play with them or not and I will give you the fact we should not be able to play with them. However since you like to research things can you tell me this? How many kids on the Wynne roster will go on to play D1/ or D2 ball. I would say Junction has 4 seniors with D1 offers and has a couple more seniors headed to D2. They have a couple of juniors headed to a minimum of D2. The rest of the starters and many of the back ups have the size and strength of any 5A program in the state. So on any given Friday why should this team not be able to compete? Again I didn't say play a 5A schedule I said one game. I also didn't say win I said compete.

big E

Truth I was there to and I was not impressed with Wynne now PA caught everything in the stadium.Trail will not make it long at Cinci.

Dragon I

Not pot stirring here, just asking a legit question.  Why is it in other states, especially LA and TX, you see small schools playing big schools all the time, with the small schools winning quite often.  But in AR, most of the fans act like the small schools wouldn't stand a chance, and we very seldom see the games anyway.  Both of those states produce way more college talent so you would think the small schools wouldn't stand a chance but they do it every year.  This years JC squad is ridiculously loaded for a 2A school, but none of y'all think they could even play Wynne close. What gives?  The quality of high school football in those states is miles ahead of Arkansas, so you would think it would be even closer here.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: big E on December 07, 2014, 07:10:18 am
Truth I was there to and I was not impressed with Wynne now PA caught everything in the stadium.Trail will not make it long at Cinci.

Yea pa played good that why I said atleast make the final

big E

Dragon I think junction would beat wynne if they couldn't block the 190 pound d-end from PA how could they block bell ?

Wilson

As I've said before on here people in Arkansas get caught up in the number of A's by your classification. . they grow up thinkinh that's a measurement of your teams talent and not a measurement of your schools attendance . . .other states are so used to smaller enrollment schools beating larger ones its not that big of a deal. . and they definitely don't think its impossible . . .anyone remember that there used to be an overall basketball state playoff aftereach class had their own state tourney?. . know why it ended? cause the larger schools got tired of getting beat by small schools (see Eudora) . . .now I'm not saying football would be the same way. . but there's a lot of that thinking going on when it comes to scheduling smaller schools by larger schools. . their thinking . . we have nothing to gain playing small schools. . if ee beat them we were supposed to. .if we lose to them the fan base wants to get rid of the staff. . .so. . nothing to gain in the first place

Proud Buckaroo

Is Junction going to have this game on their UStream website?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas