• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Farm Awards

Started by playmaker04, December 01, 2014, 02:23:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

How is everyone's state farm awards nominees faring this season? This is not a thread to predict the winner,just to show what your guys have done.

Cross County:
RB Anfernee Davis 258-2307-31
LB Holden Byassee 137 tackles 84 solo 3 interceptions 1 for TD.

THA TRUTH

My oh my what dancy could do that many carries

playmaker04

Oh and I forgot to say. Don't turn this thread into a J.C. thread. 🙅

THA TRUTH

Oh ok so no jc players can be mentioned for these awards

playmaker04

They absolutely can but don't turn it into a JC thread like every other thread.

THA TRUTH

This is an open topic so if we are gonna talk about the best on the offensive defensive and coaching sides of football then it only makes sense to talk about the only three that truly deserve the awards
Jaqwis dancy
Josh Armstrong
Davis carpenter- oh wait he wins to much he can't win this award

bleudog

December 01, 2014, 03:39:00 pm #6 Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 03:54:01 pm by bleudog

Dragon I

I don't have Josh's numbers, but Dancy is averaging 19.5 on 90 carries.  If he keeps it even close to that, he will shatter the ypc record. 

THA TRUTH

90 carries and almost 2000 yards

Dr. Defense

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2014, 03:09:01 pm
This is an open topic so if we are gonna talk about the best on the offensive defensive and coaching sides of football then it only makes sense to talk about the only three that truly deserve the awards
Jaqwis dancy
Josh Armstrong
Davis carpenter- oh wait he wins to much he can't win this award

How dare you suggest that JC deserves any recognition

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2014, 04:38:53 pm
90 carries and almost 2000 yards
is that all...with that line? heck davis might be at 4000 by now with that line...

THA TRUTH

Shoot dancy would've broke dyers record in one season with Davis carries

mtindian42

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2014, 04:58:28 pm
Shoot dancy would've broke dyers record in one season with Davis carries
put dancey behind cc line...and davis behind yawls....

THA TRUTH

Davis wouldn't start at jc

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2014, 05:03:31 pm
Davis wouldn't start at jc

Good Deflection technique there...Did Davis(I'm assuming he's David Carpenter's Evil Twin Brother) teach you that?

THA TRUTH

Dang it HF u are always on top of things

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 01, 2014, 06:19:19 pm
Dang it HF u are always on top of things

Well I do hear about how good of a guy David Carpenter is...So I had to figure out who taught you guys how to troll the rest of the state :D

THA TRUTH

Brad smith the assistant coach

playmaker04

December 02, 2014, 08:06:00 am #18 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:07:49 am by playmaker04
Once again JC posters have turned a thread into a JC thread. Moderator,you should check all the threads in 2a and I'll bet you 80% have been turned in to JC threads. If high school kept up with yards after contact then you would see how special Davis is. Nobody has ever said Dancy wasn't good,matter of fact he's great. 20 yards a carry is sick. But how many times is he touched with that line? His first contact is what ,a linebacker, corner? He's 6'2 over 200. Davis is 5'11 165. He gets contact sometimes as soon as he gets the ball behind the line of scrimmage. I bet he averages 4 or 5 tackles for loss a game and still rushed for 2300 yards. I agree with most,4.4 is used to much on here. But Davis is 4.4. I watched him chase down Kaigen Rogo from mccrory in the open field. And Rogo is flat out fast. Davis would start for JC and any other team he played for. His cousin is the all state running back at Wynne. They wanted him to come play there but he stuck with his hometown school.

THA TRUTH

Ok 1 why not talk about the only good thing in 2a football.   Jc
     2 people who have seen both dancy and Davis say Davis is no where near dancy and in fact some say he could barely see the field at jc on offense or defense and that's not my words that's from people who though Davis was the stuff and said so before the game but the quickly changed their minds after a run or two by dancy
     3 dancy has carries tacklers for more yards that Davis ever thought possible don't believe watch his hudl highlight called I am 3

cav2012

Fancy is going to la tech.... Hahaha garbage

ARKDAD50

Why don't we compare true 2A teams!!!
Let's be like most 2A schools that have about 30 players on the team and only around 16 will play!!
So how about it JC? Want to pick out your best 16 and play some true Iron Man football??
What will those stats look like then?

THA TRUTH

Ahhh now la tech is garbage great come back

cav2012

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 02, 2014, 10:45:20 am
Ahhh now la tech is garbage great come back
yes garbage. Couldn't sniff the hogs jockstrap. What is la tech? The WAC? Fancy should fit in

THA TRUTH

Quote from: ARKDAD50 on December 02, 2014, 10:44:52 am
Why don't we compare true 2A teams!!!
Let's be like most 2A schools that have about 30 players on the team and only around 16 will play!!
So how about it JC? Want to pick out your best 16 and play some true Iron Man football??
What will those stats look like then?

Hmmm a guy who has almost 2000 yards on 90 carries I wonder what he could do with 150 more

cav2012

He couldn't hold up for 200+ carries. That's why fancy is going to la tech so Dixon can carry him

Dragon I

It's not our fault you can't get your kids to play. 

Dancy has carried the ball more than 30 times a couple of times.  He just doesn't have to most of the time.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Is dancy very good? EMPHATIC YES

Would dancy be very good on most all other teams? Another EMPHATIC YES

does dancy benifit from that very good o-line? Another EMPHATIC YES, if you don't see that or just too much of a jock strap riding homer, please go away.

Dragon I

He got hit twice in the back field Friday and carried guys for 10+ yards each time. 

THA TRUTH

Everyone know u have to have a good like pick geez

THA TRUTH

Quote from: cav2012 on December 02, 2014, 10:51:28 am
He couldn't hold up for 200+ carries. That's why fancy is going to la tech so Dixon can carry him

Ahh the classic I'm just gonna hate on the best player in 2a to try and make posters mad

cav2012

I'm just matching stupidity with yours

bleudog

Quote from: cav2012 on December 02, 2014, 10:47:05 am
.....Couldn't sniff the hogs jockstrap.......

So now we know what cav does at those Fayetteville frat parties. :o

THA TRUTH

December 02, 2014, 11:18:46 am #33 Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 12:41:34 pm by THA TRUTH
Quote from: cav2012 on December 02, 2014, 11:13:45 am
I'm just matching stupidity with yours

Yea u better talk about this cause lord knows if hazen makes it past mccrory u won't have much to say next week that isnt wishful thinking

Outloud

If this player was as great as tall claim, wouldnt a bigger scho want him? Maybe there is a reason that a tier 2 or 3 school is the only one interested. Might be he doesnt have a gradepoint average high enough to go anywhere but la tech!!!!!!!

cav2012

Quote from: bleudog on December 02, 2014, 11:15:09 am
Quote from: cav2012 on December 02, 2014, 10:47:05 am
.....Couldn't sniff the hogs jockstrap.......

So now we know what cav does at those Fayetteville frat parties. :o
haaaahhhaaaha

cav2012

They have no problems belittling kids but get there panties in a wad if it's done to them. I'll gladly claim the village idiot of hazen but judging by here, I have been "arguing" with many more from jc.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 02, 2014, 11:06:06 am
Everyone know u have to have a good like pick geez

Not according to some of you. I have not seen one post saying that his line blocks well for him, all that is said is hes the greatest back ever in 2A, which isn't even true either, i would give that to cedric Houston from Clarendon until someone one ups him.

ARKDAD50

I never once said that he was not a good RB! But does he have to play defense? No!
Most 2A schools, your best running back is still lining up on defense and playing!!
They don't get the chance to be rested with the big ole cornfed guys up front that only have to play one way at JC!!
All I was saying was, will his stats still be the same if he had to go both ways and make tackles or possibly be your leading tackler too? I think not!

Dragon I

I might have called someone out about a player not being as good as they think he is, but never have I went as far as questioning their intelligence.

playmaker04

The problem is Dragon is this post started out as a post for people to talk about their guys that are on the state farm list. Theirs already a thread about the best rb in 2a but once again y'all turn it into a JC thread. Y'all think everybody sucks but JC players. What kind of mentality is that? Nobody on here disputes how good you guys are. Are y'all so hung up on you're dominance that you think you're invincible? ,Ask the 94 Carlisle team who gave up a total of 6 points in 13 games and lost the title game 7-0. They probably would mercy rule JC. One day the streak will end and y'all will be shattin crow feathers for a month. I mean their is other good players in 2a. Y'all act like Fancy is better than Cedric Houston,madre hill,deangelo Williams combined.

Outloud

BrianfromCarlisle

It was the 93 team playmaker.  Lol.  Now back to the argument!!!! 

playmaker04

Sorry brian. Those days were a little hazy for me lol.

THA TRUTH

Is dancy listed on the awards nominee list if he isn't then it's a travesty and if he is then it's perfect ok to bring him up plus the moment I said something about what he could do with Davis carries u took it as hijacking which in truth me talking about dancy which is a nominee would go along withe the topic of this thread

BrianfromCarlisle

I know the feeling. Haha. I came and watched that team a few times.  WOW describes them best

mtindian42

this award should go to a kid that has to play both ways...fact, should call it the iron man award...

Wilson

I love how people say you all or yall implying that ALL Dragon fans feel this way or that way just because one JC fan may or may not say something outlandish. . .kinda like the whole argument that JC would steamroll every team from 2A to 5A. . i have yet to see a JC fan say that. . the 2 times i have seen anything remotely near that was stated by an El Dorado fan and a Bearden fan. . .sure JC fans will push Dancy for the award. . .He's dang good. . his numbers back it up. . doesn't mean that ALL JC fans think he's the best AA running back ever

now to the La Tech thing. . as most that have been around here since 2011 know Kenneth Dixon was a La Tech commit since the spring of his JR year like Dancy. .and no big school (see the University of Arkansas) offered him until after his Sr football campaign ended. .Dixon stuck with his La Tech commitment ove UA because they had offered when the bigger schools wouldn't . . and everyone knows almost every D1 school in America would take him now. . If Dancy goes to Tech and has a similar career there as Dixon it would be the same for him. .

here's an idea. .don't lump ALL JC fans together . .and don't blame them for outlandish ideas that they didn't come up with. . .also don't say something about a kids intelligence if you don't know him and if you don't know the admissions standards of a college . . when i graduated and applied to schools i had a 27 on my ACT with a 3.3 GPA. . I applied to 4 schools. .Arkansas, LSU, Northeast Louisiana (now ULM) and La Tech. . by far the toughest admissions was La Tech. . even with a 27 ACT and a 3.3 i would have been forced to take 2 different 0.99 classes . .no such non credit classes would i have had to take at any of the other 3. . 

if you want to just say you hate or dislike the JC football success . . go right ahead. . that's understandable . . but to go after a kid and infer that he's stupid it just shows you lack of respect and your own personal stupidity . . that kid has busted his butt and worked very hard to get wherehe is. . and if he gets a free education out of it no matter to what school. . all AA fans should be proud of him because on the average very few AA kids as a % get that opportunity . . an opportunity he might not get if it wasn't for football

dragondad

Well stated Wilson. Say what you want about his ability and accomplishments on the field, but Jaqwis is a great young man. He's eaten at my table many times and knows he's always welcome. He has more character, intelligence, and a stronger work ethic than any ten of you yappers glued together.

JC Guy

Wilson I'm glad you posted that. Do you think they are aware that three SEC teams have spent a small fortune in postage sending Dancy letters? Why is it a bad thing for a kid to be able to play D1 ball less than an hour from home? If posters don't think that this junk is being read by the kids then you are mistaken and for that some of you guys should be ashamed. I promise you they don't buy in to how great we think our team is but nobody wants to be dogged on especially when they have not been involved in any of the conversation themselves. And for all the smart guys that are going to comeback with WELL HE STARTED IT just remember two wrongs don't make a ????? Trash talk amongst your selves but leave the kids out of the trash.
GO DRAGONS!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas