• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Farm Bureau Watch Lists and Finalists (Poll Added)

Started by bleudog, October 31, 2014, 03:39:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who are your picks? (vote for one in each group)

Offense - JaQwis Dancy, JC
55 (78.6%)
Offense - Jamond Young, Bearden
2 (2.9%)
Offense - Aaron Scales, EPC
9 (12.9%)
Defense - Josh Armstrong, JC
29 (41.4%)
Defense - Lucas Tenison, Hazen
24 (34.3%)
Defense - Taylor Mason, JC
13 (18.6%)
Coach - Joe Besancon, Hazen
20 (28.6%)
Coach - Albert Coleman, Earle
4 (5.7%)
Coach - David Carpenter, JC
41 (58.6%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 15, 2014, 11:06:45 am

dragondad

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on December 11, 2014, 07:40:57 am
Quote from: Big Boy on December 10, 2014, 03:37:24 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on December 10, 2014, 03:03:03 pm
Quote from: NEark tigers on December 10, 2014, 02:28:52 pm
Not having Tevin Scott from Earle, the state leader in interceptions, as a finalist is ludacris....just my opinion.

Is he a SR?  if he is then the coach needs to make his stats more public.

Think you have to be a SR to get this award
Not sure about the Sr requirement.  The Gurdon reps on the list are not Srs.
You are correct BB, both from Gurdon are Jrs. , but I think the coaches from the conference nominate the players. Read somewhere that the coaches can't nominate one of their own. So if it is a Sr. award then somebody drop the ball by letting two Jr. be nominated.

Not sure it's dropping the ball if there's not another player in their conference who they think would win against other possible nominees. However, nominate a Junior that's better than available seniors and then if they're nominates again next year as a senior they'd have a better chance at winning it. 

big E

Quote from: Wilson on December 10, 2014, 11:51:11 pm
Big E breaking out some Gunny Highway on us ;)

I've been shooting a hump back since i was 12. . my dad broke me in the right way . . .i will stick with the 3. . if i have a 3.5 i will go broke buying those shells just cause i can shoot'em ;)
I got 2 of those and have killed a boat load of ducks with them but that new one that has that break up camo on it is a fine gun had to pay extra to get the break up but it was worth it. And pick if they ain't cooking I ain't goin I don't wade mud and water anymore to kill a duck anymore knees want let me we got those 2 palaces in the bottoms and that's the only place I duck hunt anymore.

cuz

Quote from: big E on December 11, 2014, 08:27:39 am
Quote from: Wilson on December 10, 2014, 11:51:11 pm
Big E breaking out some Gunny Highway on us ;)

I've been shooting a hump back since i was 12. . my dad broke me in the right way . . .i will stick with the 3. . if i have a 3.5 i will go broke buying those shells just cause i can shoot'em ;)
I got 2 of those and have killed a boat load of ducks with them but that new one that has that break up camo on it is a fine gun had to pay extra to get the break up but it was worth it. And pick if they ain't cooking I ain't goin I don't wade mud and water anymore to kill a duck anymore knees want let me we got those 2 palaces in the bottoms and that's the only place I duck hunt anymore.
I can relate to those bad knees for sure. I had 3 Belgium made Browning, loved them all, but when they quit shooting something was broke. Had to go out of town to get them worked on. So I switched. got two Benili's, a super Ninety, and a super Black Eagle and my favorite a Browning Maxus. I will buy another Maxus, simply love that gun...
It doesn't have the kick like the A-5 and holds up better. Your house wouldn't hold the squirrels I killed with that old A-5 sweet 16, did regret getting rid of that one.......

Mohawk 54

Quote from: dragondad on December 11, 2014, 08:02:37 am
Quote from: Mohawk 54 on December 11, 2014, 07:40:57 am
Quote from: Big Boy on December 10, 2014, 03:37:24 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on December 10, 2014, 03:03:03 pm
Quote from: NEark tigers on December 10, 2014, 02:28:52 pm
Not having Tevin Scott from Earle, the state leader in interceptions, as a finalist is ludacris....just my opinion.

Is he a SR?  if he is then the coach needs to make his stats more public.

Think you have to be a SR to get this award
Not sure about the Sr requirement.  The Gurdon reps on the list are not Srs.
You are correct BB, both from Gurdon are Jrs. , but I think the coaches from the conference nominate the players. Read somewhere that the coaches can't nominate one of their own. So if it is a Sr. award then somebody drop the ball by letting two Jr. be nominated.

Not sure it's dropping the ball if there's not another player in their conference who they think would win against other possible nominees. However, nominate a Junior that's better than available seniors and then if they're nominates again next year as a senior they'd have a better chance at winning it.
I understand what you are saying, but I guess my thinking is , if it is a Sr. award and there are no possible nominees or any worth nominating, than that conference should not have any up for the award.

bleudog

THE GRIDIRON VAULT

"DANCY FINISHES CAREER IN STYLE

Jaqwis Dancy went out on top.  Saturday night in Junction City's  win over Hazen in the state finals, Dancy rushed 21 times for 139 yards and a touchdown. In the process, he collected his third straight state finals MVP award.  He finished the season with 2,076 yards on 124 rush attempts and scored 28 touchdowns. Dancy became the second Junction City running back to rush for over 2,000 yards in a single season. Ronald Meadows (1985-87) rushed for 2,242 yards in 1986.

Dancy's final  career totals read like this:  415 rush attempts, 5,370 yards and  61 rushing touchdowns.  His rushing yardage total is the 10th best in state history. His rush attempt total is second best in school history and his rushing touchdown total is best in school history. This season, Dancy set a state record by averaging 16.77 yards per rush attempt."

Dragon I

Josh and Qwis won.  Not sure about the coaching award.

cav2012

bleudog

December 15, 2014, 09:47:21 pm #57 Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:55:02 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on December 15, 2014, 09:41:09 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on December 15, 2014, 09:34:21 pm
Josh and Qwis won.  Not sure about the coaching award.
coach besancon won

Well FF predicted two out of three.

cuz

Congratulations Mr. Dancy and Mr. Armstrong, great job....

cav2012

Congrats coach b! The difference you have made in the program is undeniable

brown2010

LOGAN  BEST BEAT THAT ALMOST 1OOOYDS  AND HE MISSED 16 QUARTERS HIS SR YR AND ROGO WILL BEAT THAT NEXT YR ALSO. THEY WILL BOTH HAVE OVER 6200

dragondad#1

Dancy played only a half in most games...5 to 10 carries...how many championships they got? I'll wait...

mtindian42

cuz

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 16, 2014, 03:56:28 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on December 09, 2014, 08:30:41 am
they going to give it to dancy,armstrong and joe besancon...
TOLD YA...
The world is full of asinine people especially the ones of chose Joe Besancon over David Carpenter.
This is what the EDN and the people of JC think of Coach Carpenter

WE DON'T NEED AN AWARD TO KNOW WHO THE BEST IS
December 15, 2014 at 11:31pm

When we here at The Times first got word of the winners of the Hootens Farm Bureau Awards, we thought there was a mistake. Jaqwis Dancy was named  Offensive Player of the Year and we agreed wholeheartedly with that. Mr. Dancy finished the year with 2,076 yards,29 touchdowns and so many dazzling runs, that caused us to look thru the dictionary for words to describe them.

Another Dragon was also named Player of the Year. Josh Armstrong, aka the Border Town Flyer, was named Defensive Player of the Year. Armstrong finished with 119 tackles including 12 tackles for losses. He also finished his career as the Dragon's all time leading tackler.

When it came time for coach of the year, we expected to see the ole ball coach from Junction City listed as the winner. Instead we saw Joe Besancon of Hazen listed as coach of the year.

Now we don't have anything against Mr. Besancon. He did a great job with the Hornets, guiding them to a final record of 14 -1 and state runner up. The problem we have is this: This is the second year in a row that Coach Carpenter was nominated and didn't win the award. The coach who won last seasons coach of the year award, Dustin Prescott of Des Arc, lost to Coach Carpenter and the Dragons by a score of 60 - 0 in the state finals. So the previous two winners of the Hootens Farm Bureau Coach of the Year Award lost to the ole ball coach from the Border Town by a combine score of 98 - 6.

It has been mention quite a bit what David Carpenter has done with the Junction City football program since his return in 1996. Let's take a closer look at what he has done in this decade.

The Dragons came into the decade as two time defending state champions and had posted a overall record of 113 -19. They begin the decade with a new team. Ninety percent of the 2009 team had been lost to graduation. It was a total rebuilding job for Coach Carpenter and his staff as they started fall practice in 2010 .
They finished that season with an 8 - 4 record and reached the second round of the state playoffs. The next season saw the Dragons finish with a record of 9 - 2 and a berth in the state semi finals, where they lost to eventual state champion Strong.
In 2012 the Dragons won the state title with a record of 14 - 1. The last two seasons they have gone undefeated with a overall record of 26 - 0 and two more state titles.
When you add it all up, Junction City has an overall record in this decade of 57 - 7, four conference titles and three state titles. The Dragons have won 31  conference games in a row and overall they have won 40 games in a row, which is the fifth best total in state history.
It takes more than talent to win, it takes commitment and a lot of good old fashion hard work. Coach Carpenter and his staff put in a lot of time and it shows. Just go by the field house and take a look at the trophy case.
  We here at The Times congratulate  Coach Carpenter on another job well done.  Allow us to use  and paraphrase a line from our favorite football movie, "Remember The Titans" -  Coach Your a Hall of Famer in our book. TTAU.

dragondad

I take back half of the bad things I've ever said about the EDNT. That's my feelings as well, although that was written much more eloquently than I would have said it.

cav2012

Quote from: cuz on December 16, 2014, 05:14:48 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on December 16, 2014, 03:56:28 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on December 09, 2014, 08:30:41 am
they going to give it to dancy,armstrong and joe besancon...
TOLD YA...
The world is full of asinine people especially the ones of chose Joe Besancon over David Carpenter.
This is what the EDN and the people of JC think of Coach Carpenter

WE DON'T NEED AN AWARD TO KNOW WHO THE BEST IS
December 15, 2014 at 11:31pm

When we here at The Times first got word of the winners of the Hootens Farm Bureau Awards, we thought there was a mistake. Jaqwis Dancy was named  Offensive Player of the Year and we agreed wholeheartedly with that. Mr. Dancy finished the year with 2,076 yards,29 touchdowns and so many dazzling runs, that caused us to look thru the dictionary for words to describe them.

Another Dragon was also named Player of the Year. Josh Armstrong, aka the Border Town Flyer, was named Defensive Player of the Year. Armstrong finished with 119 tackles including 12 tackles for losses. He also finished his career as the Dragon's all time leading tackler.

When it came time for coach of the year, we expected to see the ole ball coach from Junction City listed as the winner. Instead we saw Joe Besancon of Hazen listed as coach of the year.

Now we don't have anything against Mr. Besancon. He did a great job with the Hornets, guiding them to a final record of 14 -1 and state runner up. The problem we have is this: This is the second year in a row that Coach Carpenter was nominated and didn't win the award. The coach who won last seasons coach of the year award, Dustin Prescott of Des Arc, lost to Coach Carpenter and the Dragons by a score of 60 - 0 in the state finals. So the previous two winners of the Hootens Farm Bureau Coach of the Year Award lost to the ole ball coach from the Border Town by a combine score of 98 - 6.

It has been mention quite a bit what David Carpenter has done with the Junction City football program since his return in 1996. Let's take a closer look at what he has done in this decade.

The Dragons came into the decade as two time defending state champions and had posted a overall record of 113 -19. They begin the decade with a new team. Ninety percent of the 2009 team had been lost to graduation. It was a total rebuilding job for Coach Carpenter and his staff as they started fall practice in 2010 .
They finished that season with an 8 - 4 record and reached the second round of the state playoffs. The next season saw the Dragons finish with a record of 9 - 2 and a berth in the state semi finals, where they lost to eventual state champion Strong.
In 2012 the Dragons won the state title with a record of 14 - 1. The last two seasons they have gone undefeated with a overall record of 26 - 0 and two more state titles.
When you add it all up, Junction City has an overall record in this decade of 57 - 7, four conference titles and three state titles. The Dragons have won 31  conference games in a row and overall they have won 40 games in a row, which is the fifth best total in state history.
It takes more than talent to win, it takes commitment and a lot of good old fashion hard work. Coach Carpenter and his staff put in a lot of time and it shows. Just go by the field house and take a look at the trophy case.
  We here at The Times congratulate  Coach Carpenter on another job well done.  Allow us to use  and paraphrase a line from our favorite football movie, "Remember The Titans" -  Coach Your a Hall of Famer in our book. TTAU.

yawwwwnnn, made it to the second paragraph

dragondad

Nahhh, you read it all and agreed with every word. We won't ask, or expect, you to admit it though.   ;D

big E

Just another example of hootens incompetence. In my opinion of course.

dragondad

Hootens stands to gain little by showing any 3 or 2A team some love. They make their money from advertisers and sales of their magazine. Neither of which comes from the small rural areas, unless it's very near the larger cities. Hootens is the print version of Drive Time Sports. If you're not 5A-7A the only way they show respect is if they just absolutely can't ignore you or hide you.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

But in all honesty, a blind squirrel could have coached the j.c. team to the title. Did c.c. help develop these kids, sure, he played a part in it. With the talent j.c. had, they didnt need a coach.

As for last year and c.p. winning from des arc, well, he got a lot out of nothing. I dont figure anyone from that team will play another down of organized football after they graduate.

bleudog

December 17, 2014, 04:02:47 am #70 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:08:44 am by bleudog
EDNT presentation photos:

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 16, 2014, 09:13:13 pm
But in all honesty, a blind squirrel could have coached the j.c. team to the title. Did c.c. help develop these kids, sure, he played a part in it. With the talent j.c. had, they didnt need a coach.

As for last year and c.p. winning from des arc, well, he got a lot out of nothing. I dont figure anyone from that team will play another down of organized football after they graduate.
Yeah winning three state Championships in a row, a blind one-legged man could do it. I guess we should have just got rid of all 4 coachs, lord look at the money we could of saved.......... ;D

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on December 17, 2014, 03:08:01 pm

Yeah winning three state Championships in a row, a blind one-legged man could do it. I guess we should have just got rid of all 4 coachs, lord look at the money we could of saved.......... ;D

Im not sure about the first of the 3 peat, but the last 2 were good enough to do it on their own.

mtindian42

dragondad

Well, maybe Coach C can get it on the Quad next year!

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on December 17, 2014, 04:59:59 pm
Well, maybe Coach C can get it on the Quad next year!
No That would set a record, besides you can't maintain a way above average performance. He'll have to lose 4-5 years then win 11-12 straight, 40 in a row disqualifies you......

HorseFeathers

Somebody should tell NLR that talent wins titles....

dragondad

Quote from: HF on December 17, 2014, 10:04:40 pm

Somebody should tell NLR that talent wins titles....

Foe-Realz!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas