• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Biology Teacher/Coach

Started by HillbillyHog88, November 10, 2014, 07:39:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HillbillyHog88

Hello all,

Was hoping to get some information on becoming a coach. I am currently enrolled at a university to obtain my degree in biology but I am wanting to become a teacher and a football coach. I have a calling to have a positive impact on young people's lives and give back what I was given as a football player. So my question is how does one get a teaching license and coaching endorsement with a bachelors degree in biology? Have any of you done this?

All responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. - I also posted this topic in the Coaching Jobs forum. Was unsure where I would get the greatest response. I can delete whichever one is in the wrong place.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: HillbillyHog88 on November 10, 2014, 07:39:50 pm
Hello all,

Was hoping to get some information on becoming a coach. I am currently enrolled at a university to obtain my degree in biology but I am wanting to become a teacher and a football coach. I have a calling to have a positive impact on young people's lives and give back what I was given as a football player. So my question is how does one get a teaching license and coaching endorsement with a bachelors degree in biology? Have any of you done this?

All responses would be greatly appreciated.

Your faculty advisor should be able to give direction..
Thank you.

P.S. - I also posted this topic in the Coaching Jobs forum. Was unsure where I would get the greatest response. I can delete whichever one is in the wrong place.

lionfan59

Coach Nalley, from England has, he is now the Principle there, but was the Biology Teacher and Basketball Coach/ Athletic Director

sevenof400

Maynard is absolutely right in his reply as every college has advisors for this purpose.  The education department at your university should be able to link you up with an advisor who can answer your questions.  Even if you are not currently an education major (assuming you may be pursuing a biology degree), someone in the education department should be able to assist you because those with degrees in the natural sciences are in demand right now (math as well).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas