• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Player in the State?

Started by mdawg12, May 24, 2009, 09:55:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Quixote

Valleysports

Quote from: Valleysports on October 12, 2008, 07:09:11 am
Played in a tournament with Molly Arnold, from Jonesboro Westside, yesterday.  Momof15, we didn't know who she was at the beginning of the tournament, but the entire gym was focused on her after a few hits.  That's including our team, who was playing at the same time on 2nd court.  ;D

No need for me to look any further for the hardest hitter. 

That was from a discussion last year - when this girl was a Junior.  I've seen a lot of VB since then, including watching the Top 25 Camp at Siloam Springs - if this Arnold girl lived in NWA, she'd be heavily publicized. Has Molly Arnold signed yet?  I was questioning someone, between games, and she was heading to Michigan State or somewhere immediately after that tournament.

paintdafence

Don't know where she signed, but Arnold definitely the best player in 4A, as well as NE Arkansas.  However, the girls from Valley View seem to be the one hurdle that her and her teammates can't seem to get past come tournament time.  Be interesting to see how this plays out this season.

Ty

Not quite.

That honor belongs to Hannah Allison.

paintdafence

Quote from: Ty on August 14, 2009, 08:32:51 pm
Not quite.

Didn't know Ms. Allison lived in Northeast Arkansas and played for a 4A school. 

Ty

Quote from: paintdafence on August 14, 2009, 08:54:30 pm
Not quite.

Didn't know Ms. Allison lived in Northeast Arkansas and played for a 4A school. 
Can you read the thread title?

Valleysports

Ty, how did Molly Arnold play when you watched her?

Ty

Quote from: Valleysports on August 15, 2009, 09:58:44 am
Ty, how did Molly Arnold play when you watched her?
Not as well as Allison. I've seen both play more than once.

Hannah is so versatile. She's one of the the top hitters in the state, but Texas actually signed her to set for them.

ricepig

Not quite.

That would be in your opinion, even if it is wrong.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on August 17, 2009, 08:57:35 am
Not quite.

I agree with ricepig - Ty! There isn't an Honor, called "The best Player in the State" and your opinion is just that!

Arnold is the one that blew my eye's out.  Not that Hannah isn't the most unbelievable player but (and it could be influenced by NWA Arrogance) I'm going to go with the less touted player.  OK, it's got a lot to do with NWA Arrogance  ;D  Just the thread title, posted by a Siloam Poster, is NWA mentality!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 17, 2009, 12:34:44 pm
Not quite.

I agree with ricepig - Ty! There isn't an Honor, called "The best Player in the State" and your opinion is just that!

Arnold is the one that blew my eye's out.  Not that Hannah isn't the most unbelievable player but (and it could be influenced by NWA Arrogance) I'm going to go with the less touted player.  OK, it's got a lot to do with NWA Arrogance  ;D  Just the thread title, posted by a Siloam Poster, is NWA mentality!

I will admit to a little NEA prejudice, and I have never seen the Allison girl play, but if she is better than Mollie, then she is the best in the state.

Ty

Not quite.

Actually, there is an honor. It's called Gatorade Player of the Year. Allison won it as a sophomore, when Arnold was a senior.

If you don't like my opinion, I think the opinion of Texas Head Coach Jerrit Elliot should suffice. He offered Allison in her sophomore season and Allison committed. Texas is the consensus number 2 team in the nation heading into this season and lost in the semi's of last year's NCAA tournament.

Arnold signed with Harding; they're ranked second as well in the pre-season polls.... in the Gulf-South Conference.

We're talking about a whole different level of play here.

ricepig

Quote from: Ty on August 18, 2009, 06:21:07 pm
Not quite.

Actually, there is an honor. It's called Gatorade Player of the Year. Allison won it as a sophomore, when Arnold was a senior.

If you don't like my opinion, I think the opinion of Texas Head Coach Jerrit Elliot should suffice. He offered Allison in her sophomore season and Allison committed. Texas is the consensus number 2 team in the nation heading into this season and lost in the semi's of last year's NCAA tournament.

Arnold signed with Harding; they're ranked second as well in the pre-season polls.... in the Gulf-South Conference.

I don't care much for Texas, so I don't know of their coach or program. Since Mollie is only going to be a Sr. this year I don't understand your GPOY talk, and do you think that Harding was her only choice?

Ty

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2009, 09:49:05 pm
Not quite.

I don't care much for Texas, so I don't know of their coach or program. Since Mollie is only going to be a Sr. this year I don't understand your GPOY talk, and do you think that Harding was her only choice?
It's really not that hard to understand or to see that Allison is the best player in the state.

She was named the GPOY of the year as a sophomore. She's committed to one of the top volleyball programs in the nation and turned down offers from the rest of the top programs. She plays for the USA National Youth Team on the weekends. Hannah's regarded as the top setter in the class of 2010 in the entire nation by the volleyball community.

It's like trying to compare Michael Dyer to any other running back in the state.... there isn't a comparsion.

ricepig

And you coach volleyball, where?

Ty

Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2009, 11:16:45 pm
I've trained volleyball players that play college ball, but never

I don't need to coach football to know that Michael Dyer is the best player in the state; multiple college coaches and recruiting services will tell anyone that he's actually one of the best players in the country for his grade.

I don't need to coach basketball (although I do) to know that Ky Madden is the best player in the state; multiple college coaches and recruiting services will tell anyone that he's actually one of the best players in the country for his grade.

I don't need to coach volleyball to know that Hannah Allison is the best player in the state; multiple college coaches, team USA volleyball, and recruiting services will tell anyone that she's actually one of the best players in the country for her grade.

You may not like Texas, but you can't ignore the fact that they played in the semi-finals of the NCAA Tournament last year and are ranked second in the pre-season polls this year.

You can't ignore the fact that the same people that select the USA Woman's volleyball team, that finished with a silver at the 2008 Olympics, acknowledged that Allison was one of the top 12 players in the nation this past summer.

ricepig

Well, I guess that I'll have to put her at 1-A then.

BBRB

Quote from: Ty on August 18, 2009, 11:28:59 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 18, 2009, 11:16:45 pm
I've trained volleyball players that play college ball, but never

I don't need to coach football to know that Michael Dyer is the best player in the state; multiple college coaches and recruiting services will tell anyone that he's actually one of the best players in the country for his grade.

I don't need to coach basketball (although I do) to know that Ky Madden is the best player in the state; multiple college coaches and recruiting services will tell anyone that he's actually one of the best players in the country for his grade.

I don't need to coach volleyball to know that Hannah Allison is the best player in the state; multiple college coaches, team USA volleyball, and recruiting services will tell anyone that she's actually one of the best players in the country for her grade.

You may not like Texas, but you can't ignore the fact that they played in the semi-finals of the NCAA Tournament last year and are ranked second in the pre-season polls this year.

You can't ignore the fact that the same people that select the USA Woman's volleyball team, that finished with a silver at the 2008 Olympics, acknowledged that Allison was one of the top 12 players in the nation this past summer.
So what's your point.... :) :)

Valleysports

OH YA - well Arnold is the best player on the whole North American Continent.  My wife and Barbra Jean, told me so!  ;D  Good to know that you've been watching Arnold, who has never been a Senior btw!

Ty - why is this so important to you?  If other's, outside of NWA, think that their girl is a great Volleyball Player also, why do you have to make sure that they know your girl has no equal.  What is it with you people?   

Ty

Quote from: Valleysports on August 20, 2009, 08:11:57 am
OH YA - well Arnold is the best player on the whole North American Continent.  My wife and Barbra Jean, told me so!  ;D  Good to know that you've been watching Arnold, who has never been a Senior btw!

Ty - why is this so important to you?  If other's, outside of NWA, think that their girl is a great Volleyball Player also, why do you have to make sure that they know your girl has no equal.  What is it with you people?   
Not that it's so important, but I was up late and bored.

Valleysports

Well OK!  Watched Russellville Football tonight - we have good coaches!  :-\

Ty

Quote from: Valleysports on August 20, 2009, 09:20:01 pm
Well OK!  Watched Russellville Football tonight - we have good coaches!  :-\
Plus, it's so blatantly obivious.

Valleysports

Quoteit's so blatantly obivious.

Yeh I guess it is, when a 1194 student school is able to compete with the big 7A's (in football), I guess it's pretty obvious the coaches are good!

hs_vball

Not quite.

I'm not certain about your details on Miss Allison, so I'll defer to your opinion regarding her ability.

But regarding Miss Arnold, you seem to be a bit misinformed.  She is about to begin her Senior season, so nobody has won a thing yet.  And since we play in her conference (4A Northeast), I'd be quite pleased to learn that she's playing for Harding this season, but I'm afraid we'll see her firing lasers at us from across the net all season.

Ty

Quote from: hs_vball on August 23, 2009, 04:32:00 pm
Not quite.

I'm not certain about your details on Miss Allison, so I'll defer to your opinion regarding her ability.

But regarding Miss Arnold, you seem to be a bit misinformed.  She is about to begin her Senior season, so nobody has won a thing yet.  And since we play in her conference (4A Northeast), I'd be quite pleased to learn that she's playing for Harding this season, but I'm afraid we'll see her firing lasers at us from across the net all season.
Actually, Allison has won Gatorade Player of the Year. As a sophomore. Just like her sister won it.

John M.

August 23, 2009, 08:47:41 pm #26 Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 08:56:08 pm by John M.
Arnold is a Senior this year. No way Allison won Gatorade Player of the Year when Arnold was a senior. Not yet anyway.

Sneekers

jill barret from greenwod
charmaine whitmore fort smith northside offered by university of arkansas can dunk a volleyball on the basketball goal, left handed hits straight down

Valleysports

That great!  ;D  Is Jill's number #1?

Ty

Quote from: John M. on August 23, 2009, 08:47:41 pm
Arnold is a Senior this year. No way Allison won Gatorade Player of the Year when Arnold was a senior. Not yet anyway.
Willing to bet she won't?

Allison will have three nice little POY awards by the time she graduates and has a chance to win National Player of the Year.

Lizzy Briones would be in the discussion if she wasn't overshadowed by playing on the same team as one of the best players in the nation. Briones had 16 kills last night in SS's win over Bentonville and blocked three straight balls in the 4th set to put the match away.

leftymom

Quote from: Ty on August 28, 2009, 05:12:54 pm

Allison will have three nice little POY awards by the time she graduates and has a chance to win National Player of the Year.

Lizzy Briones would be in the discussion if she wasn't overshadowed by playing on the same team as one of the best players in the nation. Briones had 16 kills last night in SS's win over Bentonville and blocked three straight balls in the 4th set to put the match away.

leftymom

Quote from: leftymom on August 30, 2009, 03:43:14 pm
Quote from: Ty on August 28, 2009, 05:12:54 pm

I think all of this talk is senseless.  I love volleyball and have followed it since my two neices were small and won 3 MVP State awards in VB.  We are located in a weak part of the state as far as VB but I have seen Arnold and she is the real deal.  Many think she is the best to come out of NE AR and that is saying something.  Be happy the 2 young ladies that have worked so hard have been on the national radar and that the state of Arkansas is really looking up in Volleyball!  They both are obviously top notch and fun to watch!!  Would love to have the opp. to watch the Allison girl as well this year.

vbrox

You'll get your chance to see Allison if you are in NE Arkansas... the state championships are all at Jonesboro, ASU's convocation center on Halloween, Oct 31.  http://www.Spam Spam go away/Article/2009/9/9/Siloam-Springs-Hannah-Allison-puts-Arkansas-volleyball-on-national-radar

vbrox

http://www.Spam Spam go away/Article/2009/9/9/Siloam-Springs-Hannah-Allison-puts-Arkansas-volleyball-on-national-radar

try again on the link...

vbrox

http://www.Spam Spam go away/Article/2009/9/9/Siloam-Springs-Hannah-Allison-puts-Arkansas-volleyball-on-national-radar

i don't know why I can't get it to post the link..... help someone.   it's on coachesaid. com

speedster

I personally got to experience watching Allison play this weekend... WOW!!!  She could set a marble on the ball point of a pin twenty feet away.  And we will be redoing our floors after her, lizzy, and #5 got through with it.  She definitely has my vote.  Texas here she comes!

Maroonski

Siloam Volleyball is amazing, if you attended the Tri-State Challenge you know exactly what I'm talking about.  It is truly a work of art watching Hannah set Lizzy from 15 feet away, and Lizzy pounding the ball.  Greenwood, you gals got to see what your up against and from your facial expressions during the Siloam games your already beat.  It's OK, Siloam is the best team in the State of Arkansas.

yellovfan

2005 Catherine Fowler - Conway
2006 Sarah Allison - Siloam Springs
2007 Cayla Fielder - Westside
2008 Hannah Allison - Siloam Springs

vbrox

Still wondering who the best player in the state is?  Tear your tickets at the ASU Convocation Center as the 4A championship, with Arnold, I'm guessing plays at 5pm, and Hannah Allison will lead the Lady Panthers in the 5A championship at 7pm.  Should be a great night of volleyball

What position does Arnold play?

Ty

Quote from: vbrox on October 29, 2009, 10:08:04 pm
Still wondering who the best player in the state is?  Tear your tickets at the ASU Convocation Center as the 4A championship, with Arnold, I'm guessing plays at 5pm, and Hannah Allison will lead the Lady Panthers in the 5A championship at 7pm.  Should be a great night of volleyball

What position does Arnold play?
Setter/Outside Hitter.

She'll set in college.

speedster

Seen Arnold for the first time last week... She is a monster.  My vote still goes with Allison though.

howardto

Molly Arnold is awesome but have you seen Marianna's Molly a soph no# 3 she hits harder then her but Arnold
has more refined skills because she is a Sr. and has been in jo ball since grade school and Marianna is to far for #3 to travel to jo so she has only played 4 years. but next year I don't see any player in 4A that will compare and I watched all the 2nd and 3rd day games in the state tourn.

allen66

Mansfield's Cheyenne Derr has to be in the picture.

mdawg12

I'll just post this - I started post - this should end discussion:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2009/dec/09/allison-receives-honor/?nwa-sports

Allison Receives Honor

SILOAM SPRINGS SENIOR NAMED ALL-AMERICAN

Siloam Springs' Hannah Allison was one of 24 players selected to play in the Under Armour High School All-America volleyball match at 1 p.m. Dec. 20 in the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Fla.

Allison, rated among the top 10 recruits in the nation by one recruiting service, was named a first-team All-American by American Volleyball Coaches Association. She will play on the Red team.

bobcat81

Quote from: mdawg12 on December 10, 2009, 12:47:18 am
I'll just post this - I started post - this should end discussion:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2009/dec/09/allison-receives-honor/?nwa-sports

Allison Receives Honor

SILOAM SPRINGS SENIOR NAMED ALL-AMERICAN

Siloam Springs' Hannah Allison was one of 24 players selected to play in the Under Armour High School All-America volleyball match at 1 p.m. Dec. 20 in the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Fla.

Allison, rated among the top 10 recruits in the nation by one recruiting service, was named a first-team All-American by American Volleyball Coaches Association. She will play on the Red team.
Having had a daughter compete against her in the 5A West, it was interesting to watch Ms. Allison (on ESPN) contribute to Texas winning an NCAA National Championship.  She was the primary setter and played the whole game, it appeared, and had several blocks including the match winner.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas