• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Razorback Football 2018 Thread

Started by bulldoghistorian, September 01, 2018, 03:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

North Texas 2 yard TD run
North Texas 7
Arkansas 0
9:36 1st

bulldoghistorian

North Texas 89 yard punt return TD
North Texas 14
Arkansas 0
6:49 1st

bdubyab60

Valleysports

That whole team kept quiet and casually got into blocking position, while waiting on the punt returner to sneak away and take off.  Well coached.

bulldoghistorian

North Texas 25 yard FG
North Texas 17
Arkansas 0
5:04 1st

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on September 15, 2018, 03:42:08 pm
That whole team kept quiet and casually got into blocking position, while waiting on the punt returner to sneak away and take off.  Well coached.
Yep one team looks prepared anyway

Romeo

That punt return might have been one of the smartest plays I've ever seen in football.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Even more substance has hit the fan even harder

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Kelley 5 yard TD run
North Texas 17
Arkansas 7
14:08  2nd

beach bum

North Texas just got ripped off. That was absolutely not holding on that TD they threw there. The ball had already been released before what the ref called as holding. And it was not even holding what they called. Do they pay these refs to try and help the SEC team or what? Even the commentator who is paid by the SEC Network said it was a terrible call.

beach bum

Then karma takes its glory and Kelley throws a pick the next Arkansas offensive play.

BrianfromCarlisle

How in the world did replay not overturn that interception?   It was all over the ground.  Pathetic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

That wasn't a interception... You could see at least 2 times when the ball was touching the ground

beach bum

Karma in my opinion. That interception should have been overturned but.....24-7 is an appropriate score line considering they screwed NT out of a touchdown 3 plays earlier before the interception. Then NT scores right away after the pick to get the TD back they were jipped out of themselves.

beach bum

These refs are terrible overall though. There may be a reason they are doing this low caliber of a non conference game.

beach bum

Then our defensive back goes all dirty and drills their QB in the knee he has a brace on when he was obviously out of bounds....

Valleysports

Thank goodness they're terrible refs, this game might be 7-48.  Arkansas is getting Man Handled by a FASTER, more disciplined, better football team. 

Romeo

Why the heck is Ty Storey not in the game?

AirWarren

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 15, 2018, 04:59:48 pm
Why the heck is Ty Storey not in the game?

Graham Harrell is the OC at north Texas.

THE gunslinger of Texas by way of Texas Tech.

bdubyab60

It's not that we are bad. It's that we look completely inept at anything football. That's coaching. We literally look like a high school team

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 15, 2018, 05:23:22 pm
It's not that we are bad. It's that we look completely inept at anything football. That's coaching. We literally look like a high school team
And a baaaad high school team

beach bum

For those older than me and with more Razorback football viewing in their lifetime than me ( I'm in my early 30's) ..... Is this the worst Arkansas team you have ever seen? It is apparent that this will probably be a 2 win season. 1-11 is not out of the question either if Tulsa comes in fired up to beat us. 3-9 will even take a miracle because we have to beat an SEC team to do that.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on September 15, 2018, 05:11:09 pm
Graham Harrell is the OC at north Texas.

THE gunslinger of Texas by way of Texas Tech.

Michael Crabtree made that play. Graham Harrell made that play.

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2018, 05:34:34 pm
For those older than me and with more Razorback football viewing in their lifetime than me ( I'm in my early 30's) ..... Is this the worst Arkansas team you have ever seen? It is apparent that this will probably be a 2 win season. 1-11 is not out of the question either if Tulsa comes in fired up to beat us. 3-9 will even take a miracle because we have to beat an SEC team to do that.
In my 40s. This is pretty bad for sure and could bey well be the worst I've seen. Will be lucky to win another game this year

As I type this another sack with only a 3 man rush.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 15, 2018, 05:40:38 pm
Michael Crabtree made that play. Graham Harrell made that play.

Amazing play. Amazing game.

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 15, 2018, 06:18:06 pm
In my 40s. This is pretty bad for sure and could bey well be the worst I've seen. Will be lucky to win another game this year

Buddy of mine who is there saying North Texas fans chanting SEC.

beach bum

Noland should think about his future, and when spring comes never come back from the baseball team.

Valleysports

SEC West teams are strong this year.  Auburn, LSU, Alabama, Miss State, & A&M are going battle and represent well. 

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2018, 06:41:20 pm
Noland should think about his future, and when spring comes never come back from the baseball team.

Yup.

Storey needs to go.

JSJ is too short.

We better hope KJ Jefferson is the answer.

Romeo

I'd just like to know what Ty Storey did and said to Chad Morris.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I just hope that this is a lot of Bielema's work and not Morris. Last thing we need is to turn into Kansas

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 15, 2018, 06:44:47 pm

What makes you say that?

bdubyab60

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on September 15, 2018, 06:49:59 pm
I just hope that this is a lot of Bielema's work and not Morris. Last thing we need is to turn into Kansas
We are Vandy now

bleudog

September 15, 2018, 07:55:43 pm #85 Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 07:59:59 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Romeo on September 15, 2018, 06:44:47 pm

With the four game rule, some coaches have gone to a third or fourth string QB in games that have gotten out of hand.

Of course pulling the trigger when the game is still within reach is another question.

bleudog

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on September 15, 2018, 06:51:39 pm
What makes you say that?

The first game against Eastern Illinois, he led a 28 point second quarter and had five total touchdowns. The second game, he gets taken out of the game even though Arkansas had the lead. I don't understand the strategy of not giving a fourth year quarterback the opportunity to lead your team back, especially since he's proven he can do it. At 31-10 the game is not out of reach. Morris said in his post game conference he wanted to ride Kelley out and didn't want to put Storey in that situation. Well, what sense does that make putting a true freshman quarterback in that situation? I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced that Storey left the team this week.

bdubyab60

Some rumors of him transferring at semester

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 15, 2018, 06:18:06 pm

In my 50s. This is bad one of the worst I've seen

Valleysports

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 16, 2018, 09:37:08 am
Some rumors of him transferring at semester

Kelly & Story and honestly any other player, who think he may have a future in football, needs to leave these fans behind.  What Razorback Fans did to Kelly Saturday will be echo'd across the recruiting world. Why on earth would any 18 yr old football star risk playing for this classless crowd? 

Ctucker

Trojanbird

Quote from: Valleysports on September 16, 2018, 08:35:06 pm
Kelly & Story and honestly any other player, who think he may have a future in football, needs to leave these fans behind.  What Razorback Fans did to Kelly Saturday will be echo'd across the recruiting world. Why on earth would any 18 yr old football star risk playing for this classless crowd?
+1
How many of those 4 stars that Morris has committed will now decommit due to this?  The fans are a huge part of the process.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on September 16, 2018, 08:35:06 pm
I don't think they were booing Kelly himself. But who knows. He should have been pulled first half. He obviously doesn't have a grasp of this offense or whatever it is.

I myself wouldn't have booed but I would have been like what is he doing, which I was doing from the start of the game.

What I'm more upset about is that this team still shows zero fight. And the booing didn't seem to bother them on the sideline as they were cutting up and carrying on while they were getting blown out by North Texas.

I've already said we are the new Vandy of the SEC. The more I think of it Morris isn't the guy to do this job, in over his head to me. It will be 3 years at least for this roster turnover, bad years. Then we will probably be looking for an HC again. But maybe by then the mentality of this group will be gone. Then another 3 to 4 years for that HC to get his players in.

Maybe then things will turn around. Who knows.

We also aren't the first or only fanbase to boo. Bad image yeah but the product in the files sure isn't helpful no either. What hurts worse the crowd booing or the fake punt that is gonna get shown for months in highlight reels. Or the booing of a coach/player that were making horrible decisions. And don't forget while being blown out those same fans cheered like crazy when Connor Noland and JSJ came in the game.

I have no doubt that some recruits will either jump ship or not come. That's not hurting us near as bad as the leftovers from the previous staff not caring if they win or lose, if they do they haven't shown it to me as of yet. Then what seems like a coach who is unable to motivate those players. BP kicked two players off the team after a loss one time, getting rid of two seniors if I remember correctly. And that was for causing problems and not getting with the program.

This is 3 straight years of looking like a high school team and it's going to weigh on fans. Some are gonna break especially when it doesn't seem like most of the players care.

Romeo

Fans will be fans. The players may not like what the fans do, I may not like what they do, but in my opinion if you pay your money to see the game you can boo if you want to. The fact is it was a dumb decision to keep Kelley in the game and the fans were voicing their frustration. Could the booing had adversely affected our recruits? Possibly. But its not like your going to see a hoard of recruits de-commit because fans were booing. If they watched the game, they would probably understand.

AirWarren

If I'm Coach Morris, I'm turning off that stupid hype music they blare during practice and I'm blaring audible "Booooooooooooooooo's" over the loud speaker all week long when they practice. You don't like it, you better play. If you don't want to play, then go take a seat on the bench.

Miami played the ohhh oh ohhhhh Seminole chant one year during workouts during the entire week. Miami came out and handled bidness that weekend.

AirWarren

gameoflife

I have a couple of things that might be food for thought.
How many rebuilds has Coach Morris actually done.  I mean programs that were a total wreck and not much talent to work with?
For those that are hating on fans.  Players should play and keep their comments to themselves instead of criticizing fans for a couple of reasons.
Players haven't shown much to support. And, fans pay a pretty penny to go to a hog game.  Think about it, first tickets for which they pay plenty and in many cases had to contribute to the program to get the right to purchase tickets.  Most travel long distances to go to the game, have fuel cost, cost of meals, often lodging cost.  These can add up to several hundred dollars a game, I have a friend who says it more like $5oo.  I'd say if you have that investment you are looking to get return on your investment.  Wins hopefully, if not at least effort and being competitive. 

HorseFeathers

Seeing fans on social media go after player really brings in the recruits 🤷 Maybe we can burn another plays vehicle or 3 if we don't show improvement

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas