• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers 4A board

Started by AirWarren, September 28, 2016, 09:05:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

September 28, 2016, 09:05:23 am Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:16:45 am by AirWarren
As some of you know, our family lost a member yesterday. Jorre McMahan, assistant coach and head Jr high coach at Hampton passed away yesterday. He was married to my youngest sister and was truly a class act man. I am the middle child of two sisters and never had a brother. The lord has blessed me with two brother in laws that I love dearly and one left this earth yesterday. Jorre touched many lives including mine and he is deeply missed. I want to thank all the posters on the 2A board for the thoughts and prayers for Jorre, my sister, and our entire family. Jorre was a proud Bauxite miner, UAM Boll Weevil, loved the jacks and even more so loved the kids he coached at Hampton. Even more so, he was a man of faith and always gave thanks to Jesus for everything he had.

I have spoken to the coach at Hampton several times and I want to extend my prayers and thoughts to them. I'm am absolutely devastated that the staff, the players, and the community had to go through such a thing. But they worked their tails off for my brother in law, including Coach Wesley Ables. I cannot thank the community of Hampton enough for that. Keep coach wes, his kids, his staff, and the community in your prayers.

No one knows when their time is called home. Some are too soon. Some are right on time. Thanks FF family! Tough times ahead but God has the power to uplift. Always tell your loved ones you love them.

$aintMaximu$

You and your entire family are in my prayers and all those he touched!  God has a perfect will!

Big Fan

So very sorry for your families loss AW.  To be so young, a newlywed, and yet taken so soon is impossible for the human brain and heart to process and accept.  We must put it in God's hands.  Prayers of comfort from Monticello. 

prHOG13

Prayers buddy. Sorry for you and your families loss

LJ06

September 28, 2016, 09:42:36 am #4 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 09:45:30 am by LJ06
Quote from: AirWarren on September 28, 2016, 09:05:23 am
As some of you know, our family lost a member yesterday. Jorre McMahan, assistant coach and head Jr high coach at Hampton passed away yesterday. He was married to my youngest sister and was truly a class act man. I am the middle child of two sisters and never had a brother. The lord has blessed me with two brother in laws that I love dearly and one left this earth yesterday. Jorre touched many lives including mine and he is deeply missed. I want to thank all the posters on the 2A board for the thoughts and prayers for Jorre, my sister, and our entire family. Jorre was a proud Bauxite miner, UAM Boll Weevil, loved the jacks and even more so loved the kids he coached at Hampton. Even more so, he was a man of faith and always gave thanks to Jesus for everything he had.

I have spoken to the coach at Hampton several times and I want to extend my prayers and thoughts to them. I'm am absolutely devastated that the staff, the players, and the community had to go through such a thing. But they worked their tails off for my brother in law, including Coach Wesley Ables. I cannot thank the community of Hampton enough for that. Keep coach wes, his kids, his staff, and the community in your prayers.

No one knows when their time is called home. Some are too soon. Some are right on time. Thanks FF family! Tough times ahead but God has the power to uplift. Always tell your loved ones you love them.

The world lost a great coach and an even better man.  Anybody who had the pleasure of meeting Jorre would say the same.  He was taken way too soon in our eyes, but it was his time in God's view.  He now knows the Lord in a way we all hope to one day.  Many prayers from Warren AW.  Thinking about your sister, yourself, the rest of your family and Jorre's.  We all love you man.

3 Dollar

This was truly a sad thing!  My thoughts and prayers are with the family, the coaching staff, players, school, and the entire Hampton community!  In our eyes some go too soon.  But, in God's eyes it is never too soon.  He has a plan, and this was part of it.  Cast your troubles & burdens upon him and all will be well!

PiratePride03

Prayers from Dover.   This has already been a very difficult year for our collective football family (every team in Arkansas) and it's only the 5th week.  Too many players and coaches have left this world in just the last few months.  We need to lift everyone in our great state up in prayer,  and ask Jesus to keep his mighty hand on our lives in these trying days.   AW I pray that you, your family, and everyone that this man influenced are able to have comfort and peace in this time of mourning.  God Bless.

livingwithcause

Prayers go out to the families and also the players.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I know how it feels to lose a coach. We lost ours almost 3 years ago (where has time gone?) and our community got through it. God is great and ya'll can get through it by him.

Romeo

Jack1990

September 28, 2016, 01:00:25 pm #10 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:12:07 pm by Jack1990
So sorry for you AW...I can only imagine how hard this is for Alexis.  Know that you and your family are in our prayers.

bulldoghistorian

September 28, 2016, 01:11:17 pm #11 Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:16:43 pm by bulldoghistorian

Continued prayers for you, your sister, your family, as well as the Hampton football team and community!!

bigchief72455

AW our prayers are with you and your family.

Lion QB

SCRAPYARD

Sorry AW. May God comfort you and yours in this difficult time.

SR30

I know Hampton is 2A but football is football and life is life. With the passing of their young Coach McMahan yesterday we should all stop and think just how precious life is. We often take forgranted our short time we are given on earth. This young man was only 26 years old when he collapsed on the field doing what he loved. From what I have read on the 2A board this Coach was a warrior for God and had a passion for helping kids. Take time out of your busy schedule today and tell someone you love them. If you are religious take a moment and thank God for allowing you to wake up to a beautiful fall morning and for all you have. Thank him for the passion he has given us all for the game of football. But most importantly thank him for sending his son to die for us so that we may live to glorify him. We all sit and bicker and have opinions but at the end of the day we all share the love of the game. Just remember there is more to life than football, cherish each and every moment you have. God bless FF, the kids we love to watch and the coaches that mentor them. Prayers to Hampton, Bauxite, Uam as well as all the family members of Coach McMahan's family

elvis26

prayers from trumann aw!!!!!!!! god bless

1-Adam-12

Prayers coming from Booneville.

sportsguy80

Prayers for your family Air.

Lumberjackfan1978

September 28, 2016, 08:21:53 pm #19 Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 10:57:27 pm by Lumberjackfan1978
My continued prayers are coming for you and your family I pray that God will give your family strength and peace in these hard times AW Love you brother

HeberFan

Prayers for you and so glad he will be remembered for what he did for others.

Oldbadger

Prayers for you and your family, AirWarren.  So sad to see a promising young man and wife with so much to offer to be taken from this world so soon.  God Bless you and  your family!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SR30 on September 28, 2016, 04:40:07 pm
I know Hampton is 2A but football is football and life is life. With the passing of their young Coach McMahan yesterday we should all stop and think just how precious life is. We often take forgranted our short time we are given on earth. This young man was only 26 years old when he collapsed on the field doing what he loved. From what I have read on the 2A board this Coach was a warrior for God and had a passion for helping kids. Take time out of your busy schedule today and tell someone you love them. If you are religious take a moment and thank God for allowing you to wake up to a beautiful fall morning and for all you have. Thank him for the passion he has given us all for the game of football. But most importantly thank him for sending his son to die for us so that we may live to glorify him. We all sit and bicker and have opinions but at the end of the day we all share the love of the game. Just remember there is more to life than football, cherish each and every moment you have. God bless FF, the kids we love to watch and the coaches that mentor them. Prayers to Hampton, Bauxite, Uam as well as all the family members of Coach McMahan's family
Amen!

george7244

Prayers for you and your family

KASH dba The Lumberjack

We live in such a small world. These kind of tragedies touch us all in some ways. My daughter did Jorre and Alexis bridesmaids hair just a few short months ago. My family is praying for you and yours, AW.

D-TOWN LIZARD

Ventman

AirWarren

Thanks for the prayers guys. Alexis is holding up. Jorre made her strong.

FF is kind of a family. Wives and girlfriends get annoyed ha, we bicker, we moan, and sometimes we all lose loved ones. Power of prayer goes a long way.  Thanks for the prayers.

Romeo

Man, football seems so irrelevant right now. Thinking about that young man from Springdale and now this young man. I don't know AW personally, although there's a good chance we might have met indirectly, but I cried last night thinking about what they're going through. I always believed that once your a Lumberjack, your always a Lumberjack. So when something happens to a classmate, or alumni, or anyone it feels like you lost part of your family. I saw a post on the 3A board of what Mrs. McMahan wrote on Facebook and then I went on her page. That's a strong lady.

mr.b@sc

Prayers for you and your family.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 29, 2016, 01:07:24 pm
Man, football seems so irrelevant right now. Thinking about that young man from Springdale and now this young man. I don't know AW personally, although there's a good chance we might have met indirectly, but I cried last night thinking about what they're going through. I always believed that once your a Lumberjack, your always a Lumberjack. So when something happens to a classmate, or alumni, or anyone it feels like you lost part of your family. I saw a post on the 3A board of what Mrs. McMahan wrote on Facebook and then I went on her page. That's a strong lady.

Very strong. Man, I appreciate the words. And prayers.

STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on September 29, 2016, 01:07:24 pm

She is an amazing young lady.. growing up in Warren probably the nicest and sweetest person I went to school with.. I can only imagine how great a guy he was if she chose him!!! God bless both of their families!!!

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on September 29, 2016, 01:55:54 pm
She is an amazing young lady.. growing up in Warren probably the nicest and sweetest person I went to school with.. I can only imagine how great a guy he was if she chose him!!! God bless both of their families!!!

Just told her what you said. "Ole big W" is what she said haha

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on September 29, 2016, 02:34:14 pm
Just told her what you said. "Ole big W" is what she said haha

lol

dc24

Continued prayers. I can't imagine what she's going through.

AirWarren

Quote from: dc24 on September 29, 2016, 04:24:34 pm
Continued prayers. I can't imagine what she's going through.

Appreciate it DC. We are a tight community, you know that. Need everyone the most, then everyone comes together. She says appreciates the prayers.

nchan

I just spoke w/ Jorre's father in law, he is a contractor w/ our company, and he said that yes the family is hurting but they are very excited. He said at his service there were five people who became saved. He said Jorre started prayers before games and practices and also bible studies....so he planted some very good seeds in the short time he was there. It was really neat to hear from him. I hope the town of Hampton is proud of him.

Oldbadger

More than any other teacher in a district, a coach has a profound positive effect on, not only players, but other students as well.  It is great knowing the positive impact this young coach had on the players there at Hampton, and, I assure you, they will never forget him.  I still remember my high school coach, long years ago, and remember the life lessons he taught us.  God bless his family and especially his wife who knew him only a short time.  I'm sure that short time was loaded with great times and memories.  God, give her strength.

Lumberjackfan1978

You said it well oldbadger. Lord be with his wife and family give them strength and peace in these trying days

bleudog

Most gracious Heavenly Father, please provide comfort and strength to those left among us who mourn the earthly loss of those now with you. Amen.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas