• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern @ Mena

Started by THE D.O.C, September 26, 2016, 11:49:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE D.O.C

Any thoughts on this matchup?

kjjackson

Looks like Malvern has two more weeks to work on making a push in the conference. Get things working in time to play Robinson and Nashville and they could throw a monkey wrench in the race. Struggle and they are looking at a road trip for the play-offs.

beaverfan007

They've turned it around since week 1 there atleast 3rd place maybe 4th place team in the 7-4a I don't seem them beating Nashville but it could happen 49-28 malvern

FootBallar21

Very interesting match up,  this is a game that Mena needs to make the playoffs since the heartbreaking loss last week.   I don't see Malvern cracking the top 3 in 7-4A this year they will most likely be that #4 or #5 seed behind.   Nashville , Robinson , and Arkadelphia.    Thats why I think this is a must win for Mena since they already lost to Ashdown and if you loose this game Mena is almost locked into the 6th seed at best and missing the playoffs.   Since I don't give them much of a chance against Nashville and Robinson and Arkadelphia somewhat as well.   

Mena 24
Malvern 22

FootBallar21

Wow,  Mena wins big I don't think anyone thought they would run away with this one the way they did.   Was a close game until about midway thru the 4th quarter ,  but Mena wins big 45-21 .     Special teams was dominated by the bearcats for most of the game and a big reason why they held a small lead heading into the 4th quarter.   Huge game for Carson Cannon ,  5 or 6 TD's ,  a couple thru the air and 3 or 4 on the ground . 

Marblehog

Very surprising score.  Is Malvern still without their all state RB?  Mena should be pretty good the next few years from what I'm hearing.  Is that true?

FootBallar21

Quote from: Marblehog on October 01, 2016, 07:29:36 am
Very surprising score.  Is Malvern still without their all state RB?  Mena should be pretty good the next few years from what I'm hearing.  Is that true?

That is true,  Mena has a nice group of Jr. High kids that will be coming up over the next couple of years.   But just like with the razorbacks and the SEC West,  Mena can have some really nice teams and still be battling for the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league as the 7-4A seems loaded every year.     

Looking ahead to this year,   The 7-4A seems to have opened up outside of the top 2 teams,  Nashville and Robinson will battle it out for the 1 seed.   But with this upset everything else is wide open.   I still believe even after this result that Malvern is a better team than Ashdown.    I am looking forward to the results from that game this coming week as that will give a better outlook for the conference if Ashdown wins.     

My projections though would be
#1 Nashville
#2 Robinson
#3 Arkadelphia ( I Know they looked really bad this week)
#4 Mena ( Gets the nod with tie breakers as Mena, Ashdown, Malvern all finish 3-4 in conference. )
#5 Malvern
#6 Ashdown ( The most D-1 kids I've ever seen on a 4A team, maybe the  2002 Warren team had as many I'm not sure ,  but they took their kids and Dominate in route to a state championship.   This Ashdown team could be on its way to missing the playoffs!
#7 Fountain Lake
#8 Bauxite ( Ask  Waldron it is not fun to be the worse team in the 7-4A )  Their defense can't seem to stop anyone as they are giving up 54 points a game,  and they haven't played Nashville or Robinson Yet.   Nashville will probably put up 100 on them with the 2nd and 3rd string doing most of the damage.   

scrapman

Pretty accurate.  That 3, 4 , 5, spot should be interesting. I agree 100 about ashdown. It's is just crazy how this summer they were going to be one of the teams to beat with all the hype and now it has gotten very quiet. It looks like mena is playing good ball and who knows about malvern. Have not shown us much this year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas