• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A Week 5

Started by SUGARTOWN, September 26, 2016, 09:23:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Hard to believe we're already at the halfway point of the regular season. Every conference game this week looks to be competitive and 3 of the 4 should have big time playoff seeding implications...

Lonoke @ Baptist Prep --- Injuries seem to be hurting Lonoke but I'm still going with Lonoke by 6.

Riverview @ Southside --- Almost too close to call here, I'll say Southside by 1

HWH @ CAC --- I expect HWH to put some points on the board but not quite enough. CAC wins a shootout.

Stuttgart @ Heber --- If the Birds don't clean up their penalties they'll lose this one. Heber by 6 in OT.  :o

LeftBench

All seems pretty fair, to me. I think Baptist could actually win this one with Lonoke struggling. Should be close. I like Southside over Riverview. I heard Riverview had a key injury to one of their best players in the first drive against CAC. Helena @ CAC should be a good one. I like CAC in a shootout as well. Only slight disagreement is that I like Stuttgart over Heber a little more comfortably. I guess it just depends on which Heber team shows up.

MynameisJeff

South side playing a good defense.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LeftBench on September 26, 2016, 10:00:19 am
All seems pretty fair, to me. I think Baptist could actually win this one with Lonoke struggling. Should be close. I like Southside over Riverview. I heard Riverview had a key injury to one of their best players in the first drive against CAC. Helena @ CAC should be a good one. I like CAC in a shootout as well. Only slight disagreement is that I like Stuttgart over Heber a little more comfortably. I guess it just depends on which Heber team shows up.

Same thing could be said for Stuttgart. They look great one series, not so much the next. Their biggest problem so far has been offensive penalties stopping drives. Hopefully they'll be getting a couple of injured players back to 100% this week as well.

And yeah, it wouldn't shock me if Baptist Prep beat Lonoke.

dhen

I think HWH finally get the win over CAC

LeftBench

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 26, 2016, 10:51:31 am
Same thing could be said for Stuttgart. They look great one series, not so much the next. Their biggest problem so far has been offensive penalties stopping drives. Hopefully they'll be getting a couple of injured players back to 100% this week as well.

And yeah, it wouldn't shock me if Baptist Prep beat Lonoke.

I haven't see much of Stuttgart so far, so I'll take your word for it. I was impressed by how they played Warren. They played one of the toughest non-con schedules and I think that will help them as they get into conference play. I have seen some Heber, though, and they haven't looked impressive.

Rabbittrax

I say Lonoke does well this week, kids will be excited bc head coach resigned today

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Rabbittrax on September 27, 2016, 04:35:54 pm
I say Lonoke does well this week, kids will be excited bc head coach resigned today
Oh wow!

panther07

Quote from: LeftBench on September 26, 2016, 10:00:19 am

Oh, I hadn't heard about Riverview stud going out first drive.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rabbittrax on September 27, 2016, 04:35:54 pm

Honestly, I'm surprised he made it this long. I thought he might leave last year.

LeftBench

Quote from: panther07 on September 27, 2016, 05:00:08 pm
Oh, I hadn't heard about Riverview stud going out first drive.

Apparently he hurt his ankle or foot and didn't go back in. Don't know his status going forward.

RoadWarrior

What happen to the stud WR #4 from CAC? I've looked for him the last 2 games and haven't seen him.

BigLion10

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 26, 2016, 09:23:31 am
Hard to believe we're already at the halfway point of the regular season. Every conference game this week looks to be competitive and 3 of the 4 should have big time playoff seeding implications...

Lonoke @ Baptist Prep --- Injuries seem to be hurting Lonoke but I'm still going with Lonoke by 6.

Riverview @ Southside --- Almost too close to call here, I'll say Southside by 1

HWH @ CAC --- I expect HWH to put some points on the board but not quite enough. CAC wins a shootout.

Stuttgart @ Heber --- If the Birds don't clean up their penalties they'll lose this one. Heber by 6 in OT.  :o

Coaching change will fire up Lonoke and let them hop all over Prep.

Southside has the best offense in years, Joshy Football gets a win here.

CAC could struggle but should still win.

Winner of the Heber-Stuttgart game will take a big step toward challenging CAC for the conference title at best, or finishing in the top 3 at worst? No prediction here.

SUGARTOWN

Looks like we'll finally get some more fall like football weather for Friday. It's about time too, I'm no fan of sweating my ____ off every Friday night.

SUGARTOWN

Stuttgart at Heber Springs audio stream: www.country973.com

Pre-game at 6:30, kickoff at 7:00

westhelena1

LakeRat

I guess y'all got a look at which Heber team showed up... I think we'll stick with the conference play Panthers and leave the non-conference Panthers as a distant bad memory.

I hope all the Ricebird fans and kids made it home safe!

HeberFan

Quote from: LakeRat on October 01, 2016, 08:17:31 am
I guess y'all got a look at which Heber team showed up... I think we'll stick with the conference play Panthers and leave the non-conference Panthers as a distant bad memory.

I hope all the Ricebird fans and kids made it home safe!

Nobody at Heber is overconfident. Everything went right for the Panthers in the first half and the kids played great. Stuttgart sure got outcoached. Heber stuck to what it does best and Stuttgart tried too many silly gimmick plays, especially on special teams. Stuttgart lost four fummbles?  Heber's challenge is to consider themselves still 0-0 and play that way.

LeftBench

I was very surprised and impressed with the Heber score. Big one for them next week @CAC. I'm sure they'll go there ready to play.

Trojanbird

Quote from: HeberFan on October 01, 2016, 01:21:42 pm
Nobody at Heber is overconfident. Everything went right for the Panthers in the first half and the kids played great. Stuttgart sure got outcoached. Heber stuck to what it does best and Stuttgart tried too many silly gimmick plays, especially on special teams. Stuttgart lost four fummbles?  Heber's challenge is to consider themselves still 0-0 and play that way.
So, is Josh Price over his head at Stuttgart being he was so out-coached?

cuckoobird

Idk about being over his head but he needs to get some discipline out there on the field. Too many penalties and turnovers already this year

LakeRat

Quote from: LeftBench on October 01, 2016, 02:11:23 pm
I was very surprised and impressed with the Heber score. Big one for them next week @CAC. I'm sure they'll go there ready to play.

It's early... but next week could determine who takes conference between CAC and Heber. It will determine who stays in the top spot in 2-4A.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 01, 2016, 10:28:17 pm
I am very suprised to see Stuttgart have yet another down year!  Shocking to see this many points given up by them.  How many losses do they now have this decade?

cuckoobird

Not as many as clinton

HeberFan

October 02, 2016, 01:10:59 pm #25 Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:14:31 pm by HeberFan
Quote from: Trojanbird on October 01, 2016, 10:28:17 pm

Certainly not, but the special teams play calls were disasterous. Stuttgart tried the old "huddle up and hide the ball" kickoff return and it never worked, including fumbles lost. Then the Ricecakes tried passing and running to the corners after they had great success between the tackles. Not saying Stuttgart coaches aren't good, but they weren't that night. Heber played clean, stuck to what they do best and made smart coaching decisions. But all that is over. On to Friday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas