• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

week 5 Dardanelle @ Pottsville

Started by apache_alum_90, September 25, 2016, 02:44:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

apache_alum_90

Who wins, why you feel that way and what advantage does each team have. Lets get it started.

Gray lizard

Should be a good game.  Going to need a little time to think on this one.  I have seen both teams play twice.

Gray lizard

Pottsville Win!

This will be a game of who limits penalties and turnovers.  I would not have picked Pottsville three weeks ago.  Their offence and defense line play has improved.  Dardanelle will get in the back field.  I do not think Dardanelle has the speed to hurt Pottsville this year.  That is a weakness for Pottsville.  Pottsville can pass well enough to move the chains when needed.  Pottsville must contain the QB.  I expect to see a game in the 20's.

On a side note: I did not care for Pottsville closing off a section of their home stands for Dardanelle fans two years ago. Pottsville has decent visitor stands.  I understand Dardanelle has a large band, but they are kids and can stand.

PiratePride03

September 26, 2016, 10:03:26 am #3 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 10:10:47 am by PiratePride03
They put Dardanelle's band right next to ours last week.   It's ok.   All you have to do is get a good lead, and their band stays quiet lol.   For real though,  their band is huge,  and really good,  but they should find a spot on the visitor's side.  That's my opinion anyway

PiratePride03

And I will say this,  Pottsville better not take Dardanelle's losses for weakness,  they are very good.   Dardanelle has a great offense,  and they can score in bunches, in very little time.   They scored 22 points in less than 7 minutes on a very stiff Dover defense.  And you're wrong about their speed buddy, they have plenty of speed.  Dakota Rowling, #5, is much stronger and faster than he looks.  If he gets a good hole,  that kid is gone.   His 60 yd TD run right up the middle is proof of that.  Dardy has tons of size and strength too.  Their linemen are massive,  more width than height as opposed to last year,  but they are strong and they throw great blocks.  Dover's D-line was just way too fast for the big boys.  If the Apaches have a good passing game,  they should be able to keep it close, and Pottsville should plan on letting their fastest RB take it to the edge where he should get some good yardage.   Dardanelle's big boys do a great job of plugging up the middle.   And if Pottsville's qb has any size,  they should run a few qb keepers.  Seth Cheak got some decent yardage on keepers,  but he's a big qb, and he's able to keep his legs churning after getting hit.  But as far as hand offs up the middle,  Pottsville should leave those plays out of the game.  It should be a great game,  but I believe Dardy will be thirsty for blood after starting 2-2.  Dardanelle wins by 2 scores.

BlackandSilver

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 26, 2016, 09:59:52 am
Pottsville Win!

This will be a game of who limits penalties and turnovers.  I would not have picked Pottsville three weeks ago.  Their offence and defense line play has improved.  Dardanelle will get in the back field.  I do not think Dardanelle has the speed to hurt Pottsville this year.  That is a weakness for Pottsville.  Pottsville can pass well enough to move the chains when needed.  Pottsville must contain the QB.  I expect to see a game in the 20's.

On a side note: I did not care for Pottsville closing off a section of their home stands for Dardanelle fans two years ago. Pottsville has decent visitor stands.  I understand Dardanelle has a large band, but they are kids and can stand.
Just be prepared for them to attempt to set up shop behind your sideline. Still do not know who allowed this to happen at our game but whoever it was needs help. In no way shape or form should that have been allowed. The game was at Dover. That is suppose to be our advantage. Don't know if it was administration or who but it should not have happened.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: BlackandSilver on September 26, 2016, 11:14:50 am
Just be prepared for them to attempt to set up shop behind your sideline. Still do not know who allowed this to happen at our game but whoever it was needs help. In no way shape or form should that have been allowed. The game was at Dover. That is suppose to be our advantage. Don't know if it was administration or who but it should not have happened.
I'll bet none of the Dover admins. had a problem, and were probably more than willing to accommodate. The Sand Lizards bring a lot of fans and many are there for the band. This equals lots of gate money. Your whining will fall on deaf ears. That's good money for your program. Maybe next time they'll bring some cheese to pass out to you though.

Gray lizard

Let me make it clear I meant no disrespect towards Dardanelle or their great band program.  I just do not think it is a good idea to put the two opposing team fans in the same bleachers.  Just to big of a chance of something going wrong.  As the years go by this game could become a very heated situation. it may already be.

PiratePride03

I really didn't have a problem with their band being right next to ours,  because they were actually quite respectful.   They didn't try to play over our band, which would've been easy to do since they're so freaking big, and they actually tried to play the same song together a couple times.   The two bands had slightly different tempos,  so towards the ends of the songs,  they didn't sound very good together,  but when they were in sync,  it sounded awesome.  And both bands seemed to encourage each other instead of trying to beat them,  and I thought that was great.  I think they forced each other to sound better.   Now what Gray is saying,  is that the fans shouldn't be forced to sit together,  and I totally agree.  The fans should be separate because fans can get heated,  and heightened emotions and rivalry can be a bad combination.

BlackandSilver

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 26, 2016, 11:46:35 am
I'll bet none of the Dover admins. had a problem, and were probably more than willing to accommodate. The Sand Lizards bring a lot of fans and many are there for the band. This equals lots of gate money. Your whining will fall on deaf ears. That's good money for your program. Maybe next time they'll bring some cheese to pass out to you though.
Call it whining or whatever you heart desires but until you have an opponent's band (especially one that is 120 deep) playing directly behind your sideline during the biggest game of the year up to that point AT your field yes there should have been someone do something about it. If you care about your student-athletes and the hard work they have put into this season up to that point and you want the best for them then you do something. Believe it or not 120 high school kids with instruments 10 feet from the sideline can cause problems.

But since you brought it up I'd love some cheddar with my wine!!  8)

GO PIRATES
PIRATE PRIDE

Gray lizard

BlackandSilver

Sigmund Sauer

September 26, 2016, 01:00:06 pm #12 Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 01:04:11 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: BlackandSilver on September 26, 2016, 12:57:22 pm
Ok. Hey Sigmund I'm going to need more cheese  ;D ::)
We'll just have them all play a violin for you.  ;D

PiratePride03

171?!  That's insane!  At least they sound really good.

Gray lizard

I noticed Booneville band plays one of the songs Dardanelle plays.  If I was Booneville I would remove that song from their list for the Dardanelle game.

D-TOWN LIZARD

apache_alum_90

thats where each school should raise money for portable bleachers to remedy that problem. Cause you know you'll have some teams that don't bring any fans and small band and some that bring the whole town and a big band.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 26, 2016, 02:57:06 pm
thats where each school should raise money for portable bleachers to remedy that problem. Cause you know you'll have some teams that don't bring any fans and small band and some that bring the whole town and a big band.

^^ +1

Gray lizard

I heard Pottsville plans to make a change in home field side.  Add new bleachers on visitor side and leave current home field bleachers for the visitor side.  Dardanelle did this several years ago.  This would increase seating and accommodate all current situations.

Lacerta agilis

September 27, 2016, 12:37:07 pm #19 Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 12:42:28 pm by Lacerta agilis
Hopefully we won't turn the ball over 3 times inside our own 20 again this week. If we do, (along with the bonehead penalties) Pottsville will hand us our 2nd conference loss. I think the mistakes will be corrected and the Lizards win this one.

Gray lizard

Speaking of turnovers I have noticed a lot of them at the games I have attended.  Seems like a lot of standing players up and stripping at the ball. Several times I felt like the play should have been blown dead. I have seen a couple where the runner is stopped with a large group of players and then someone comes out running with the ball.

Paperman

That is one heck of a band! Wow they are really good.

lizard1989

This should be a great game!! Get there early for a seat!

Redskin2015

Dardnelle is unable to stop turning the ball over in this game Pottsville by 14

Gray lizard

Quote from: lizard1989 on September 30, 2016, 10:29:26 am
This should be a great game!! Get there early for a seat!
With each team 2-2. I was wondering if there would be a big turn out or not. I kind of expect it to be down this year.

Bandmom

September 30, 2016, 02:37:39 pm #25 Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:31:44 pm by Bandmom
As far as the Dardanelle band sitting/standing  next to the Dover band goes, I was told that one of the Dover School's administrators invited them to sit/stand there. I was also told that both bands had fun. Is it an ideal situation? No, I am sure it's not, but these kids made the best of it.

As far as the Pottsviile/Dardanelle game two years ago, Pottsviile did not section off part of their home side bleachers for Dardanelle fans. Dardanelle had fans lined 3-4 people deep all along the fences and the stands were full way before the game ever started. I happened to be at that game with a friend who was just recovering from surgery and needed to sit down. We were some of the first Dardanelle fans that came over to the Pottsviile side. We sat in the last section which was mostly empty when we got there. As more people got to the game more and more Dardanelle fans started filling up the same section on the Pottsviile side. Pottsviile's visitor stands are pretty small.  Even if the band students would have had to stand, there wouldn't have been enough room for even 1/2 of the Dardanelle fans that were present at that particular game.
I hope that Pottsviile is going to build new bleachers on the visitor side and switch home sides. Dardanelle did that years ago and there is always plenty of room for visiting fans and a separate bleacher section for the visiting band. I would hope that fans from all schools would be hospitable to visiting teams and bands. 

Gray lizard

Quote from: Bandmom on September 30, 2016, 02:37:39 pm
As far as the Dardanelle band sitting/standing  next to the Dover band goes, I was told that one of the Dover School's administrators invited them to sit/stand there. I was also told that both bands had fun. Is it an ideal situation? No, I am sure it's not, but these kids made the best of it.

As far as the Pottsviile/Dardanelle game two years ago, Pottsviile did not section off part of their home side bleachers for Dardanelle fans. Dardanelle had fans lined 3-4 people deep all along the fences and the stands were full way before the game ever started. I happened to be at that game with a friend who was just recovering from surgery and needed to sit down. We were some of the first Dardanelle fans that came over to the Pottsviile side. We sat in the last section which was mostly empty when we got there. As more people got to the game more and more Dardanelle fans started filling up the same section on the Pottsviile side. Pottsviile's visitor stands are pretty small.  Even if the band students would have had to stand, there wouldn't have been enough room for even 1/2 of the Dardanelle fans that were present at that particular game.
I hope that Pottsviile is going to build new bleachers on the visitor side and switch home sides. Dardanelle did that years ago and there is always plenty of room for visiting fans and a separate bleacher section for the visiting band. I would hope that fans from all schools would be hospitable to visiting teams and bands.

Well I was there also. You must have got there after I did. Because I was there when Mr. Dugger asked all fans setting in that section to move because they were reserving that section for Dardanelle fans. 

Bandmom

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 30, 2016, 04:27:24 pm
Well I was there also. You must have got there after I did. Because I was there when Mr. Dugger asked all fans setting in that section to move because they were reserving that section for Dardanelle fans. 

Well that was sweet of Mr. Dugger. Sorry I misspoke, that must have happened before I got there or I was too busy talking. Either way it was nice to have somewhere for my friend to sit. As a band parent the home side is always preferable at least at halftime. 😁

Good luck to both teams tonight.

Apache4Life

Anyone on here go to this game ?What were your thoughts on the game , good and bad. There were many turnovers,penalties that went both sides. Just want to hear some thoughts. Should have's. ?

The Coach

Dardanelle played turnover free and Pottsville didn't. Dardanelle stopped the run and Pottsville didn't. If Dardanelle would've played a clean game like this the week before they'd be 2-0 in conf and 4-1 overall. Maybe that bad game vs Dover helps them get things cleaned up and playing good ball the rest of the season.

beach bum

October 01, 2016, 03:40:09 pm #30 Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:42:01 pm by beach bum
No one is getting out of this league without a conference loss. Its 5 teams for the taking plus Waldron is a 6th team that will play spoiler in at least one of the top five's season. Winning games is the most important thing obviously, but who wins the most by 13 or more will have an upper hand when it comes to tiebreaker points.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas