• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks Vs Star City Bulldogs@Warren. Let's get it started!

Started by AirWarren, September 23, 2016, 09:38:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Star city gets to get twinkle eyed at the new field and stadium renovations when they come to town. Warren looks like a mediocre 2A school with injuries and lack of focus. Star city is struggling bad. Let's hope Warren can get it together and stay healthy.

Sports Guru

Warren by 31

Lion QB

Warren scores 40 plus will be to much for twinkle town to keep up with even with the Jacks injured.

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

I Hope Warren will focus on what they need to do this week to beat the Bulldogs.Hopefully we will soon be healthy it can't be to soon

KASH dba The Lumberjack

LJ06

This game lost a good bit of its luster for both sides after last week.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: LJ06 on September 25, 2016, 03:25:08 pm
Yep. Turnovers were a big reason for our loss to Monticello. We turned it over 4 times. What exactly is going on with Warren's injury situation?

mr.b@sc

cuckoobird

minerjack

Quote from: LJ06 on September 25, 2016, 03:25:08 pm
I agree.  With the way Lassiter throws were being so low and Daniels not having his usual bursts, I'd bet Bo is going to be hard on the boys this week.  Hopefully Crossett's #2 running the ball was only a small hiccup. 

Dogpound2010

Yeap At one point star city had 7 sophomores starting on defense but they had no help from the offense when they fumbled a couple of times

Dogpound2010

Really excited about seein the Lumberjacks new turf field I can already feel my eyes twinkle  ;)

AirWarren

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 25, 2016, 08:56:26 pm
Really excited about seein the Lumberjacks new turf field I can already feel my eyes twinkle  ;)

It's really nice. I was like wow when I saw it.

minerjack

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 25, 2016, 08:56:26 pm
It looks beautiful. That's for sure. I think it'll help home attendance, too. Our numbers on Friday nights aren't what they used to be.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: minerjack on September 25, 2016, 07:46:29 pm
I agree.  With the way Lassiter throws were being so low and Daniels not having his usual bursts, I'd bet Bo is going to be hard on the boys this week.  Hopefully Crossett's #2 running the ball was only a small hiccup.
If Persons keeps running hard and keeps fumbling to a minimum, Daniels can find his burst on the sideline. Love how hard Persons runs the ball.

AirWarren

Friday night weather forecast looks like amazing fall weather.

Lumberjackfan1978

bigchief72455

You guys had me scared for a minute. I kept checking that Crossett score.

Jack1990

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 26, 2016, 08:14:24 am
You guys had me scared for a minute. I kept checking that Crossett score.
had me scared to I kept waiting for us to wake up

LJ06

If it makes you guys feel any better it was 15-9 Warren going into the 4th quarter against Crossett in 2014, the year we won state lol.

AirWarren

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2016, 09:16:41 am
If it makes you guys feel any better it was 15-9 Warren going into the 4th quarter against Crossett in 2014, the year we won state lol.

What an uplifting person you are haha

DaytonaDuck

Quote from: minerjack on September 25, 2016, 07:46:29 pm
.  What game were you watching man?  I was watching online and re-watched on demand to see if I missed what you were seeing. Lassiter's shots were by far on the mark and drop after drop by receivers. Y'all wouldn't have been in the game with out him and Daniels. From somebody that just looking on, y'all are some downer fans. You got the win and do you want to show everything in your first conference game. Wow again.

Old Dawg 7

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 25, 2016, 08:50:17 pm
Yeap At one point star city had 7 sophomores starting on defense but they had no help from the offense when they fumbled a couple of times
I hear what you are saying, but let me say this we will continue to turn the ball over when our backs are getting hit when the ball is being handed to them.  I have watched it for 4 games now.  Again Friday night we did not have one single holding penalty on the line.  As fast as they are running through our line that tells me we aren't even trying to block.

AirWarren

Quote from: Old Dawg 7 on September 26, 2016, 10:15:04 am
I hear what you are saying, but let me say this we will continue to turn the ball over when our backs are getting hit when the ball is being handed to them.  I have watched it for 4 games now.  Again Friday night we did not have one single holding penalty on the line.  As fast as they are running through our line that tells me we aren't even trying to block.

Our offensive line struggled Friday night as well.

Daniels running for over 200 is impressive.

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 26, 2016, 10:54:38 am
Our offensive line struggles Friday night as well.

Lassiter didn't play bad. He had a few throws that were off the mark, but heck when your running for your life it's hard to make throws.

Romeo

DaytonaDuck

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2016, 10:58:06 am
Lassiter didn't play bad. He had a few throws that were off the mark, but heck when your running for your life it's hard to make throws.
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 25, 2016, 10:40:05 pm
If Persons keeps running hard and keeps fumbling to a minimum, Daniels can find his burst on the sideline. Love how hard Persons runs the ball.
From what I saw (watching from online), The times that Lassiter had to throw it away was because he had no one open, no protection and he was on the run. Daniels and Lassiter ran for some very important yardage, as did Persons.  But what would have been the score without those 3. Don't put down the very ones who put points on the board. Improvement is needed but hopefully that will come when the injured return.

LJ06

Quote from: DaytonaDuck on September 26, 2016, 01:31:39 pm
  From what I saw (watching from online), The times that Lassiter had to throw it away was because he had no one open, no protection and he was on the run. Daniels and Lassiter ran for some very important yardage, as did Persons.  But what would have been the score without those 3. Don't put down the very ones who put points on the board. Improvement is needed but hopefully that will come when the injured return.

Receivers dropped way too many passes Friday night. Has to be a focal point this week.  Offensive line struggled, but they did have some key injuries there too.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: DaytonaDuck on September 26, 2016, 01:31:39 pm
Who is putting kids down? We are just stating the obvious. Lasiter had a few bad throws and when you couple that to the drops, our passing game needs work. As far as running the ball, if #1 back is having a slow start, is it not smart football to let #2 back come in for a spark? I don't believe Persons is an every down back, but his teammates and the crowd loves to see him have success. As far as passing, Crossett had the best DB's Warren has seen this year. Long, fast, athletic and had a nose for the football. Crossett will make an impact in our conference this year. I don't think anyone that has replayed this game believes in time for drastic changes, just some tweaks.

1998billieblue

IF SC can keep Warren under 50pts it will be a miracle.  Monticello had 5 TO's, and 3 of the 5 were deep in SC territory. 

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 26, 2016, 02:58:17 pm
Who is putting kids down? We are just stating the obvious. Lasiter had a few bad throws and when you couple that to the drops, our passing game needs work. As far as running the ball, if #1 back is having a slow start, is it not smart football to let #2 back come in for a spark? I don't believe Persons is an every down back, but his teammates and the crowd loves to see him have success. As far as passing, Crossett had the best DB's Warren has seen this year. Long, fast, athletic and had a nose for the football. Crossett will make an impact in our conference this year. I don't think anyone that has replayed this game believes in time for drastic changes, just some tweaks.
I think it's fantastic that we have a back that can come in and give the starter some breaks. There is nothing wrong with thunder and lightening tandems at running back.

It's obvious that the poster takes the critique and opinion the wrong way. You better be careful, those kinds of critiques will get you labeled a "yahoo" in Warren.

Persons reminds me of that PA running back. Smaller in frame, fast, and like a bowling bowl when he gets hit. Better wrap him up or he will wiggle out of it and make you pay. Aka thunder and lightening.

DaytonaDuck

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 26, 2016, 02:58:17 pm
Agree. I think the crowd of whatever team loves to see any one of their players have success. And the kids don't go out to play except to have success if at all possible. Im not from Warren but just love the game and love to see kids compete. I'm watching games from several schools. Just think you need to check yourself when you start saying sideline a kid when he ran for 200+ yards. Granted the Persons kid is fun to watch and I think both will get many touches to do that. Just my viewpoint, nothing more. Love the game and have enjoyed watching the Warren Lumberjacks play for years. Put out the money to catch many teams play on the NFSH network this year. Only hope the best for all the young men playing.

DaytonaDuck

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 25, 2016, 10:40:05 pm

AirWarren

razorsharp94

SC is bad.  I mean really bad.   Warren by as many as they would like to beat them by.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Well DD, all I was referring to was Lj06's statement about Daniels burst. I wasn't trying to bench the young man, I was just reassuring some of our lifelong fans that Persons looked good taking up some slack in the running game. I personally tell Daniels on a weekly basis that he's soft and he continues to run his rear off on Friday nights and then tells me how wrong I am. Then the cycle repeats the following week, each time with smiles on our face.

LJ06

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 26, 2016, 06:32:45 pm
Well DD, all I was referring to was Lj06's statement about Daniels burst. I wasn't trying to bench the young man, I was just reassuring some of our lifelong fans that Persons looked good taking up some slack in the running game. I personally tell Daniels on a weekly basis that he's soft and he continues to run his rear off on Friday nights and then tells me how wrong I am. Then the cycle repeats the following week, each time with smiles on our face.

That was minerjack. Daniels wasn't himself due to a bug. He will be fine.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: LJ06 on September 26, 2016, 07:31:11 pm
That was minerjack. Daniels wasn't himself due to a bug. He will be fine.
Yes, sorry. Thought you had mentioned the running game and Miner had talked about the passing game. Had gotten you two flipped. But none of us wants to bench Daniels

LJ06

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 26, 2016, 07:39:36 pm
Yes, sorry. Thought you had mentioned the running game and Miner had talked about the passing game. Had gotten you two flipped. But none of us wants to bench Daniels

Daniels had over 200 yards playing sick. Anybody who wants our star RB benched can go crawl in a hole lol.

cuckoobird

LJ06

bulldoghistorian

Warren only a 21 point favorite. I'm surprised it's not more than that to be honest.

Superjack45

Sometime you play down but Warren has some work to do and they will get it together here real soon just be patient. We got some guys hurt and they are plugging and playing so you will have problems in some places but I say again they will be fine.

LJ06

Quote from: Superjack45 on September 27, 2016, 08:59:11 am
Sometime you play down but Warren has some work to do and they will get it together here real soon just be patient. We got some guys hurt and they are plugging and playing so you will have problems in some places but I say again they will be fine.

Good post SJ

AirWarren

Over the last several years, Warren has been very dominant on the ground for the most part. In 2014, our run game was tremendous. When you have a back run for 200+ then bring in your backup and he gives you big yards, hard to beat.

Our offensive line reminds me of Arkansas. Both big. Both has potential. But no communication out there between them and not a lot of confidence yet in what they are supposed to be doing. It's week 5 now, we should start seeing continual improvement. It's obvious we saw some improvement since Dennis ran for 260 haha

minerjack

Quote from: AirWarren on September 27, 2016, 09:12:07 am
Over the last several years, Warren has been very dominant on the ground for the most part. In 2014, our run game was tremendous. When you have a back run for 200+ then bring in your backup and he gives you big yards, hard to beat.
I remember so many games where Bo just wanted to throw it so bad, but he knew we had to run the ball to win.  You could tell his game plan was to come out slinging it, but then we would always revert back to running the ball in crucial situations.

Lumberjackfan1978

I think we will continue to see improvement as our injuries get better. The jacks have a lot of talent on that team and once they start clicking watch out

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas