• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Time Teams for Arkansas High Schools

Started by vintagemustang, September 22, 2016, 07:15:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FootBallar21

Quote from: STUNNA on September 23, 2016, 09:54:55 am
Bret Smith would be my #1... not sure anyone in Arkansas football has had as good of a season as he did his senior year.
Bret was the best player I ever played against and he was amazing. 

Lion QB

Bobby Duckworth - Hamburg - Razorbacks - Pro-- WR

STUNNA

Quote from: FootBallar21 on September 28, 2016, 05:24:09 pm
   Bret was the best player I ever played against and he was amazing.

He is the best to come from Warren in my opinion. His senior season was absurd...lol

RyanLR

Can I talk about the Oak Grove team with Darren Mcfadden? Not trying to put down the other players but that team might not have won 4 or 5 games without him. He was the single best football player across the board that I've seen in person. When we studied the film of him he just exploded off the screen. He could play every position. He was kicker, punter, RB, WR, QB, punt return, kick return, seen him line up as a tight end and score. He may have been the best free safety in Arkansas High School history. He made some tackles where you were sure LT had just suited up and was demolishing people. He hit people and it sounded like a cannon was shot. The burst in his first two steps was unrivaled. He would be 5 yards past linebackers before they even reacted.  D-Mac never went down on first contact. He could brush multiple defenders away with powerful stiff arms. He could drag 4, 5, 6 defenders and did so regularly. I've tried looking up his stats but since Oak Grove has been demolished I don't know if any Maumelle posters could help with that. I believe he had a season with 1000 passing yards, 1500 rushing yards, 1000 receiving, and probably another 1000 in return yards. I'm sure that he'll eventually be Arkansas Hall of Fame pretty soon if he isn't already.

STUNNA

Quote from: RyanLR on September 29, 2016, 09:29:44 am
Can I talk about the Oak Grove team with Darren Mcfadden? Not trying to put down the other players but that team might not have won 4 or 5 games without him. He was the single best football player across the board that I've seen in person. When we studied the film of him he just exploded off the screen. He could play every position. He was kicker, punter, RB, WR, QB, punt return, kick return, seen him line up as a tight end and score. He may have been the best free safety in Arkansas High School history. He made some tackles where you were sure LT had just suited up and was demolishing people. He hit people and it sounded like a cannon was shot. The burst in his first two steps was unrivaled. He would be 5 yards past linebackers before they even reacted.  D-Mac never went down on first contact. He could brush multiple defenders away with powerful stiff arms. He could drag 4, 5, 6 defenders and did so regularly. I've tried looking up his stats but since Oak Grove has been demolished I don't know if any Maumelle posters could help with that. I believe he had a season with 1000 passing yards, 1500 rushing yards, 1000 receiving, and probably another 1000 in return yards. I'm sure that he'll eventually be Arkansas Hall of Fame pretty soon if he isn't already.

pretty impressive for sure.

sportsguy80

Quote from: RyanLR on September 29, 2016, 09:29:44 am
You're right. I almost thought he was going to play safety for the hogs.

Wahls

October 09, 2016, 04:48:08 am #56 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:49:42 am by Wahls
Quote from: RyanLR on September 29, 2016, 09:29:44 amThe burst in his first two steps was unrivaled. He would be 5 yards past linebackers before they even reacted.

The only guy I ever saw in pads who had that two and three step burst like McFadden was a guy by the name of Ted Ginn.

I'll never forget Darren McFadden running by 4.35 LaRon Landry like he was standing still and his freshman run against Georgia .

Low mileage, healthy Darren McFadden was a sight to behold.

Eaglemaniac

I'm gonna step back in time a bit. Crossett's Jesse Clark RB, Keith Kidd WR and  Bill Pierce QB all ended up at Fayetteville. OL Rylan Reed made a name for himself at Texas Tech. Those are just a few of the greatshirt that came through Crossett during the Ed Johnson era.

polksalet

RoadWarrior

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on October 09, 2016, 08:09:50 am
I'm gonna step back in time a bit. Crossett's Jesse Clark RB, Keith Kidd WR and  Bill Pierce QB all ended up at Fayetteville. OL Rylan Reed made a name for himself at Texas Tech. Those are just a few of the greatshirt that came through Crossett during the Ed Johnson era.

I remember those guys..... what happened to Brandon Mayweather??? I think that I am spelling it right. Big kid that played WR for Crossett as well as basketball and track; Also the RB Gore?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas