• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Time Teams for Arkansas High Schools

Started by vintagemustang, September 22, 2016, 07:15:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vintagemustang

Hello all, just created an account and am looking forward to spending this high school football season with all of you.

I am starting to work on an all-time team project for all Arkansas high schools and want your help with this. My goal is to create teams of the best players to ever play for each school. So far, I've only looked at All-State teams from about 2006-2015 and a little bit at the high school record book. Does anyone have access to historical high school football stats (by season) or past all-state or all-region teams? Just looking for any resources I can find for this project. With that said, I'd also be thankful if you could name some of the greatest players to ever play for your high school. Any help is greatly appreciated since this is a momentous undertaking and will surely take a great amount of time. Thank you!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: vintagemustang on September 22, 2016, 07:15:43 pm
Hello all, just created an account and am looking forward to spending this high school football season with all of you.

I am starting to work on an all-time team project for all Arkansas high schools and want your help with this. My goal is to create teams of the best players to ever play for each school. So far, I've only looked at All-State teams from about 2006-2015 and a little bit at the high school record book. Does anyone have access to historical high school football stats (by season) or past all-state or all-region teams? Just looking for any resources I can find for this project. With that said, I'd also be thankful if you could name some of the greatest players to ever play for your high school. Any help is greatly appreciated since this is a momentous undertaking and will surely take a great amount of time. Thank you!

Leland Barclay would be a good person to talk to. ...he's on Twitter and used to post on here under the name Barclayalmanac

prHOG13

whippersnapper

Logan Genz, West Fork. Was a 4 year starter MLB for AR Tech and left with the most tackles in a career for Tech.

LeftBench

$aintMaximu$

Top Shelf

There was a thread a few years back.  'your schools Mt Rushmore' or something like that.  Good info there

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Top Shelf on September 23, 2016, 07:38:27 am
There was a thread a few years back.  'your schools Mt Rushmore' or something like that.  Good info there

I will have to look that one up... Sadly our Mt Rushmore was in a 3 year time span...

Top Shelf

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 07:41:28 am
I will have to look that one up... Sadly our Mt Rushmore was in a 3 year time span...
and covered a little more territory than Mt Rushmore.. ;D

$aintMaximu$

AirWarren

Warren lumberjacks

Bret Smith
University of Tennessee
Arena Football

Jarius Wright
University of Arkansas
Minnesota Vikings

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Basil Shabaaz of Pine Bluff.  The greatest athlete of my generation in Arkansas high school athletics. 

OLDSCHOOL82

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Can't forget who Schoonover Stadium was named after- Wear Schoonover, Pocahontas High School, 1920s. Arkansas's first All-American

Danold Dump

bigchief72455

$aintMaximu$

bigchief72455

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 23, 2016, 09:49:02 am
I know. We shouldn't rank professionals.

Anybody know if they play Greenwood this year? I know tickets will be impossible to get and PPV probably expensive...  Hopefully I can catch it on the radio...

STUNNA

Bret Smith would be my #1... not sure anyone in Arkansas football has had as good of a season as he did his senior year.

bigchief72455

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 09:54:17 am
Anybody know if they play Greenwood this year? I know tickets will be impossible to get and PPV probably expensive...  Hopefully I can catch it on the radio...
Only radio coverage is on XM.

sportsguy80

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on September 23, 2016, 08:36:50 am
^ Shabaaz was insane.
Yes he was. He held that 100m record forever until Fred Rose broke it. I think he still owns the 200m and 4x100 relay team records.

beach bum

Quote from: Danold Dump on September 23, 2016, 09:21:48 am
Danold Dump.  Buffalo Island Central

I would be honored to meet you one day sir.... When is your next campaign stop?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2016, 12:54:33 pm
I would be honored to meet you one day sir.... When is your next campaign stop?

I think he has a rally in Hogeye this afternoon....

RyanLR

The 2003 Robinson team had Gary Anderson Jr, son of the Hogs great Gary Anderson, who ran a 4.3 40 and ended up running track at Rice. At corner nobody threw to his side of the field the entire season. Was a punt and kick return master for the ages. Blew by Darren McFadden against Oak Grove like he was standing still after an INT. Michael Tinsley at WR, who won the 2008 Olympic Silver Medal in the 200M hurdles. Nate Garner, 6-7, 318 who went to Arkansas, blocked for McFadden, Hillis and Jones, then played 9 years for the Miami Dolphins. Jeff Lontok, 6-5, 350 Samoan dude that could lift a small car playing D tackle. Played for Ouachita Baptist until a lingering injury ended his run.  Ran the option and our quarterback Clifton Mattheus got a cheerleading scholarship from Oklahoma. How that team lost in the semifinals I'll never understand.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: RyanLR on September 23, 2016, 02:18:43 pm
The 2003 Robinson team had Gary Anderson Jr, son of the Hogs great Gary Anderson, who ran a 4.3 40 and ended up running track at Rice. At corner nobody threw to his side of the field the entire season. Was a punt and kick return master for the ages. Blew by Darren McFadden against Oak Grove like he was standing still after an INT. Michael Tinsley at WR, who won the 2008 Olympic Silver Medal in the 200M hurdles. Nate Garner, 6-7, 318 who went to Arkansas, blocked for McFadden, Hillis and Jones, then played 9 years for the Miami Dolphins. Jeff Lontok, 6-5, 350 Samoan dude that could lift a small car playing D tackle. Played for Ouachita Baptist until a lingering injury ended his run.  Ran the option and our quarterback Clifton Mattheus got a cheerleading scholarship from Oklahoma. How that team lost in the semifinals I'll never understand.

One can only assume that D-Mac was running the other way if anyone "blew by him" on a football field.  D-Mac has to be in the mix although he really hit his full potential while at the U of A.  In high school he was just so superior to 99.9% of the guys he faced.

panther07

Quote from: LeftBench on September 23, 2016, 01:12:20 am
John Edwards. End of discussion.

Don't really think that's the end of the discussion.

AirWarren

Quote from: RyanLR on September 23, 2016, 02:18:43 pm

How was the offensive line?

RyanLR

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 02:59:30 pm
How was the offensive line?
We were stacked. Just mashers. As a team we averaged 8 yards a carry for the season. That teams only weakness was throwing the football. At the time 7 on 7's in the summer wasn't a thing. We probably threw 20 passes all year, probably 17 of them were TD's.

sportsguy80

Quote from: RyanLR on September 23, 2016, 03:50:14 pm
We were stacked. Just mashers. As a team we averaged 8 yards a carry for the season. That teams only weakness was throwing the football. At the time 7 on 7's in the summer wasn't a thing. We probably threw 20 passes all year, probably 17 of them were TD's.
Who did you lose to?

beach bum

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 01:29:11 pm
I think he has a rally in Hogeye this afternoon....

After Hogeye, I heard he ventured to Strickler then to Brentwood because those votes are very vital as they are swing communities with 0.000000017 electoral college votes on the line.

AirWarren

I have a president 2016 sign in my yard.

Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd 2016

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: beach bum on September 23, 2016, 04:06:08 pm
After Hogeye, I heard he ventured to Strickler then to Brentwood because those votes are very vital as they are swing communities with 0.000000017 electoral college votes on the line.

I would hope he stops in Winslow as well... Another critical location...

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 04:08:20 pm
I have a president 2016 sign in my yard.

Daffy Duck/Elmer Fudd 2016

All kidding aside, I would vote for that card..

LeftBench

panther07

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 04:09:19 pm
All kidding aside, I would vote for that card..

Between the lesbian and the part time WWF Wrestler.......daf and elm have my vote.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on September 23, 2016, 04:15:53 pm
Between the lesbian and the part time WWF Wrestler.......daf and elm have my vote.

Deez nutz was actually winning a primary in SC until they found out it was a prank from a kid and he didn't meet the age requirement.  If only he was older and registered in more states... I honestly think he would win...

RyanLR

Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 23, 2016, 03:58:43 pm
Who did you lose to?
The Brett Helms Stuttgart team that went undefeated and won State. I think another one of their lineman went to LSU with Helms. We just had an off night. We felt like we gave that game away.

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 23, 2016, 04:18:43 pm
Deez nutz was actually winning a primary in SC until they found out it was a prank from a kid and he didn't meet the age requirement.  If only he was older and registered in more states... I honestly think he would win...

Deez nutz and Kayne west seems like a solid ticket in today's political landscape.

sportsguy80

Quote from: RyanLR on September 23, 2016, 04:43:19 pm
The Brett Helms Stuttgart team that went undefeated and won State. I think another one of their lineman went to LSU with Helms. We just had an off night. We felt like we gave that game away.
Ok I think the Bolding brothers were coaching there then. They had some good teams.

ISU7

September 24, 2016, 08:30:40 am #42 Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 08:41:53 am by ISU7
RiverCrest
Cortez Kennedy NW Mississippi Jr College/Miami Hurricanes/ 1st rd pick by the Seattle Seahawks. NFL Hall of Fame.

Tyrone Henry rb/ Arkansas. Was named high school parade All American.

2010-11 Demoine Brown QB (basketball/ Harding University/Williams Baptist)  First player in the state of Arkansas to be named State Title games  MVP in football and basketball in the same school year.

2015. Cecil Langston rb./Henderson St. Broke state"s single season yards rushing record held by Strong/LaTech/ Baltimore Ravens rb Kenneth Dixon..Langston also  finished 4th in the nation in yds rushing.

The Seniors on the Colts 2010-2011 sports teams won four straight State titles in less than a year.
May 2010 Track
Dec. 2010 Football (15-0)
March 2011 Basketball
May.     2011Track..

What a run for those RiverCrest seniors. 🏈🏀🏃🏃🏆🏆🏆🏆💍💍💍💍

Redblue

What ever happen to Tyrone Henry after he had to quit playing for the UofA?  He was a good one!

MynameisJeff

Wahls

For your project, you're going to need to set a cutoff year for most places. It is going to be hard to get information from years back to make it accurate.

TIGER101

If it's not the Ozark JV then Shabazzzzzzzzzzzzz has to be the top player I ever saw play football in this state.  I'm only 78 years old so there may have been more before my day but he was a special kind of special...  To bad he chose the wrong sport.

ISU7

Quote from: Redblue on September 26, 2016, 01:53:49 pm
What ever happen to Tyrone Henry after he had to quit playing for the UofA?  He was a good one!
Tyrone is married and lives in Blytheville. I think he works a Nucor Yamato Steel mill.

Missco

Richard Brothers would have to be in the top 5 to ever come out of Rivercrest.

Redblue

Thanks. 
Rivercrest has had a bunch of players over the years!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas