• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Fearless Top Ten: Class 4A - Week 4

Started by LJ06, September 19, 2016, 09:32:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

September 19, 2016, 09:32:14 pm Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 05:31:45 pm by LJ06
THE FEARLESS TEN

1.  Nashville Scrappers
     Previous Ranking:  1
     Record:  3-0
     PFG:  66.3
     PAG:  28.3
     Opponents:  @ Hope, DeQueen, Idabel (OK)
     Opponents Combined Record:  1-6

2.  Warren Lumberjacks
     Previous Ranking:  3
     PFG:  42.6
     PAG:  30.6
     Opponents:  Little Rock Christian, @ Stuttgart, Watson Chapel
     Opponents Combined Record:  2-7

3.  Joe T. Robinson Senators
     Previous Ranking:  2
     PFG:  49.6
     PAG:  16.3
     Opponents:  Hot Springs Lakeside, CAC, @ Baptist Prep

4.  Shiloh Christian Saints
     Previous Ranking:  7
     PFG:  42.3
     PAG:  27.6
     Opponents:  @ Elkins, @ Little Rock Christian, Pottsville
     Opponents Combined Record:  3-6

5.  Prairie Grove Tigers
     Previous Ranking:  6
     PFG:  41
     PAG:  9.3
     Opponents:  Farmington, @ Vian (OK), West Fork
     Opponents Combined Record:  1-6

6.  Pea Ridge Blackhawks
     Previous Ranking:  4
     PFG:  35.3
     PAG:  11.6
     Opponents:  Booneville, Green Forest, @ Farmington

7.  Arkadelphia Badgers
     Previous Ranking:  8
     PFG:  40
     PAG:  20.3
     Opponents:  Stuttgart, Sheridan, @ Hot Springs

8.  Central Arkansas Christian Mustangs
     Previous Ranking:  9
     Record:  2-1
     PFG:  38.3
     PAG:  38.3
     Opponents:  Mayflower, @ Joe T. Robinson, Clinton
     Opponents Combined Record:  6-3

9.  Pocahontas Redskins
     Previous Ranking:  10
     PFG:  24.3
     PAG:  20.6
     Opponents:  Nettleton, Paragould, @ Osceola
     Opponents Combined Record:  5-4

10.  Ashdown Panthers
      Previous Ranking:  5
      PFG:  26
      PAG:  18.3
      Opponents:  @ Monticello, @ Hope, Hamburg

Other Receiving Votes:  Malvern (18), Dardanelle (12), Stuttgart (12), Hamburg (10), Gosnell (2)

AirWarren

All except CAC, those combined records are hot garbage.

LJ06

AirWarren

September 20, 2016, 06:41:45 am #3 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 06:43:21 am by AirWarren
Quote from: LJ06 on September 19, 2016, 10:01:08 pm
Yes they are lol

It's safe to say, there is some weak non conference schedules across the board. Pokey even has a decent non conference opponent record.

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on September 20, 2016, 06:41:45 am
It's safe to say, there is some weak non conference schedules across the board. Pokey even has a decent non conference opponent record.
Pocahontas is making steps in the right direction by scheduling tougher non conference opponents as best they can. Our conference schedule is what it is. It will pay off later down the line.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: bigchief72455 on September 20, 2016, 08:45:53 am
Pocahontas is making steps in the right direction by scheduling tougher non conference opponents as best they can. Our conference schedule is what it is. It will pay off later down the line.
A loss to a team like Nettleton is better than a win over Corning or Riverview. It's better prep for what the postseason holds

Gray lizard

I don't like the fact that the #1 team gave up 63 points.  That could very likely come back to expose them later in the year. I think it is a good thing they have a home game this week.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I disagree with the Jacks/Senators flip. Senators are giving up less than 17pts a game. Since the game has evolved to punish defenses and automatically give them a disadvantage, that pretty impressive to me. Joe T. should have stayed at #2.

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 20, 2016, 09:19:57 am
I don't like the fact that the #1 team gave up 63 points.  That could very likely come back to expose them later in the year. I think it is a good thing they have a home game this week.
It don't matter where we play.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 20, 2016, 09:43:57 am
I disagree with the Jacks/Senators flip. Senators are giving up less than 17pts a game. Since the game has evolved to punish defenses and automatically give them a disadvantage, that pretty impressive to me. Joe T. should have stayed at #2.

The game has really turned toward a more offense driven game. I don't necessarily like that either. I can only assume that's because coaches are putting all of their best athletes on offense and limiting their snaps on defense and just trying to outscore everyone.

Maybe I'm just old school but I'd rather see a good 21-20 defensive battle than a 60-56 game.

MasterChef

What happened to conditioning your team so that your star players can go both ways?

Gray lizard

Quote from: SCRAPYARD on September 20, 2016, 10:45:25 am
It don't matter where we play.
If they continue to play defense like last week it will at some point cost them a game.

scrapman

Looks to have been working so far. The object is to win the game and the Scrappers have the longest winning streak in the state.  All of you other guys with your great coaching theories go talk to your head coach and see if you can get a streak rolling.

Gray lizard

Go ahead and enjoy the moment 09/23 or 10/07 one of them is going to get you. Then you can start another streak.

SCRAP_DAWG09

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 20, 2016, 11:46:29 am
Go ahead and enjoy the moment 09/23 or 10/07 one of them is going to get you. Then you can start another streak.
We are definitely up for the challenge. This is  Nashville, son.

Gray lizard

Sorry I have only been able to make it down there for one game in my life.  I think it was a Friday after  Thanksgiving. Was that Nashville, Dad.

SCRAP_DAWG09

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 20, 2016, 01:33:12 pm
Sorry I have only been able to make it down there for one game in my life.  I think it was a Friday after  Thanksgiving. Was that Nashville, Dad.
You just keep holding on to that game  because that'll be the only thing that team will be remembered for. "Atleast we beat Nashville" . Thats just like a fan from Idabel saying that we had to bring our "A" game to beat them. Bring in a championship or two and we'll let sit at the elite table someday.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Gray lizard on September 20, 2016, 01:33:12 pm
still your super bowl..

cuckoobird

Quote from: SCRAP_DAWG09 on September 20, 2016, 01:48:57 pm
You just keep holding on to that game  because that'll be the only thing that team will be remembered for. "Atleast we beat Nashville" . Thats just like a fan from Idabel saying that we had to bring our "A" game to beat them. Bring in a championship or two and we'll let sit at the elite table someday.
are you sure Nashville sits at the elite table? I guess it's bigger than a two seater if they do...

Lacerta agilis

Top Shelf

September 20, 2016, 02:26:28 pm #21 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:56:34 pm by Top Shelf
Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 20, 2016, 02:19:10 pm
Wasn't his super bowl. Gray lizard is an Apache now.
another flash in the pan

TIGER101

Quote from: AirWarren on September 19, 2016, 09:36:40 pm
All except CAC, those combined records are hot garbage.

not very good records for sure.  Was looking for more out of Pea Ridge last week and PG has looked a little sloppy the past 2 games, but both still got the W.  Shiloh has probably played the most consistent so far in the 1-4a

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on September 20, 2016, 02:31:53 pm
not very good records for sure.  Was looking for more out of Pea Ridge last week and PG has looked a little sloppy the past 2 games, but both still got the W.  Shiloh has probably played the most consistent so far in the 1-4a

Now that you have said that they will lose to Berryville at home Friday night... All kidding aside in my poll I still have PG over both Shiloh and PR....

SCRAP_DAWG09

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 20, 2016, 01:58:18 pm
are you sure Nashville sits at the elite table? I guess it's bigger than a two seater if they do...
Now that was an adorable response. Let me get you a booster seat.  You can sit next to me.  ;D

mharris31696

September 20, 2016, 03:43:52 pm #25 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:46:29 pm by mharris31696
In Arkadelphias defense they scheduled Stuttgart when they were winning a state title. Other than that our non conference is garbage. Hot Springs may be good once every 6-7 years and Sheridan is Sheridan. I would rather them drop that game and get a top 3A team for an opponent.

cuckoobird

Quote from: SCRAP_DAWG09 on September 20, 2016, 03:36:12 pm
Now that was an adorable response. Let me get you a booster seat.  You can sit next to me.  ;D
like I said, depending on how big the table is whether or not you're at it. There are a couple of schools with more titles and there is another with the same amount as the scrappers

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 20, 2016, 04:17:03 pm
like I said, depending on how big the table is whether or not you're at it. There are a couple of schools with more titles and there is another with the same amount as the scrappers

Cuckoobird who has the most in the 4A (currently in the 4A but cumulative state titles)?

AirWarren

I would say the most titles in 4a would be.

Stuttgart
Nashville
Dollarway
Shiloh Christian

cuckoobird

Shiloh Christian and Stuttgart are at the top of the list with dollar way and Nashville two behind them and Warren behind those schools

AirWarren

September 20, 2016, 04:39:49 pm #30 Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 04:45:36 pm by AirWarren
The king of Arkansas high school football until proven otherwise regarding state titles:

Little Rock Central with 31 state titles.

Following closely behind. Pine Bluff with 23 state titles.

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 20, 2016, 04:35:39 pm
Shiloh Christian and Stuttgart are at the top of the list with dollar way and Nashville two behind them and Warren behind those schools

Can't we all sit at the table and play nice? Haha

Top Shelf

How many titles does Stuttgart have A.D.?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: AirWarren on September 20, 2016, 04:39:49 pm
The king of Arkansas high school football until proven otherwise regarding state titles:

Little Rock Central with 31 state titles.

Following closely behind. Pine Bluff with 23 state titles.

That's impressive!!!  And didn't PB get one last year?

AirWarren

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 20, 2016, 04:52:26 pm
That's impressive!!!  And didn't PB get one last year?

I believe it's included in their total. Very impressive.

SCRAPYARD

1 after this year

SUGARTOWN

Romeo

Old man football state championships shouldn't count. jk 

SUGARTOWN

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on September 20, 2016, 04:41:03 pm
Can't we all sit at the table and play nice? Haha
The rest of us just wish you guys would quiet down. We can all hear you in the other room.

beach bum

Quote from: MasterChef on September 20, 2016, 11:02:09 am
What happened to conditioning your team so that your star players can go both ways?

+1

~WPS~

In Nashville's case, since Volarvich took over guys play one way in the first 3 games to develop depth. Once conference play starts guys will go both ways as needed. Worked pretty good last year, we will see how it shakes out this year.

scrapman

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 21, 2016, 05:41:28 pm
In Nashville's case, since Volarvich took over guys play one way in the first 3 games to develop depth. Once conference play starts guys will go both ways as needed. Worked pretty good last year, we will see how it shakes out this year.
They really started going both ways in the playoffs. Mostly 1 side of the ball in regular season.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ How many are dressed out this year for Nashville?

~WPS~

SCRAP_DAWG09

Quote from: ~WPS~ on September 22, 2016, 10:45:19 am
63AT&T
I remember the roster being 90-100 during the mid 90's through the mid 2000's. Remember Nashville would have to take 3 busses just for the band in the early 2000's? The good ol' days lol!

sportsguy80

I wonder how this team or last year team would matchup against the McBride teams in the 90s? I remember the full coach and schools buses back in the day.

SCRAP_DAWG09

September 22, 2016, 03:06:21 pm #47 Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 07:33:41 am by SCRAP_DAWG09
Quote from: sportsguy80 on September 22, 2016, 12:24:19 pm
I wonder how this team or last year team would matchup against the McBride teams in the 90s? I remember the full coach and schools buses back in the day.
They wouldn't be able to stop Greg Washington and that '96 team. Way too much size, speed, and talent...AT EVERY POSITION!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas