• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Pickum week 4

Started by Gray lizard, September 19, 2016, 08:20:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

September 19, 2016, 08:20:49 am Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 01:06:01 pm by Gray lizard
Results going in to conference.

Fred Bird                               28
X14113                                 28
3 Dollar                                27
Airitout21                             23
Nastynice                             21
Lumberjackfan1978              21
Sapper6                              21
rskyb33                               21
The Coach                           20
Devils                                 20
Horsefeathers                     19
Elvis26                               18
Danvillegrad77                    17
PiratePride03                      17
Purple and Gold                  11
The Green Moose                10
Young-gun                           5

This weeks games.  Bonus game of the week Booneville @ Pottsville.  Double points and bonus if with in 3 of the spread. Must be exact to double bonus on spread.

Booneville       @ Pottsville
Dardanelle      @ Dover
Ozark            VS Waldron
Subiaco          @ West Fork

Good luck.

WPWells

Pottsville by 14
Dardanelle by 14
Ozark by 14
West Fork by 7

PiratePride03

How is Booneville vs. Pottsville the game of the week?

PiratePride03

Booneville by 7
Dover by 7
Ozark by 7
West Fork by 7

Gray lizard

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 08:35:40 am
Just thought it would be a hard game to pick the point spread.  No real reason other than that. Has nothing to do with which game I feel will be the best to watch.

elvis26

:) Boonville by 7
     darnelle  y  10
          Ozark by 14
         westfork by 7

nastynice

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 08:35:40 am
Should it have been Subi@ Westfork?

PiratePride03

I was just wondering.   Undefeated Dover vs. One loss in 3 regular seasons Dardanelle sounds like a better game, no matter who you root for.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 11:50:56 am
I was just wondering.   Undefeated Dover vs. One loss in 3 regular seasons Dardanelle sounds like a better game, no matter who you root for.

Probably easy to pick in the 4-4A.  You really should look at the opponents when your undefeated in non conf.  I am not convinced on Dardy yet.  They had a freak couple of years for them. 

PiratePride03

I understand about strength of non conference opponents, but I've actually been to the games and seen the mistakes, and the bad calls.   Atkins is way better than they have been over the last few years,  and they'll probably get 2nd in their conference.  Two Rivers played our second and third string defense the whole game,  and was still mercy ruled.  All starters sat in the second half.  And I've already explained the Lavaca game.   I guarantee Atkins and probably Lavaca could both beat Clarkesville.  Atkins will beat Paris.  All I'm saying,  is Dardanelle better not come to Dover thinking their gonna dominate like they have the last couple of years,  because they're not the same,  and neither are the Pirates.

Gray lizard

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 11:50:56 am

I went ahead and changed the wording.  This is just something I wanted to do to get a little more chatter about the 4-4A.  I plan on having a bonus game each week just to add to the contest.  The Academy gift cards are to try to get others out side the 4-4A involved. I have a son coming up at Pottsville now in the 7th grade so I have concern about the lack of support on this site. 

PiratePride03

It's all good bro,  I was just curious.   Hooten's games of the week are wrong all the time too,  as is CBS saying Tennessee vs Florida is the game of the week.   That's BS.  Both of them are ranked below the HOGS, which makes the game of the week in college football Hogs vs Aggies.  No offense was meant buddy, and none was taken by me with the original wording,  I was just wondering.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 01:31:45 pm
It's all good bro,  I was just curious.   Hooten's games of the week are wrong all the time too,  as is CBS saying Tennessee vs Florida is the game of the week.   That's BS.  Both of them are ranked below the HOGS, which makes the game of the week in college football Hogs vs Aggies. 

Tennessee is ranked above Arkansas in both polls and ranked above Texas A&M in the USA Today coaches poll.

PiratePride03

You're right,  my bad,  I was thinking of LSU. 

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 12:41:21 pm
All I'm saying,  is Dardanelle better not come to Dover thinking their gonna dominate like they have the last couple of years,  because they're not the same,  and neither are the Pirates.

So the Pirates are a better team this year than the back-to-back 8-2 teams of the last 2 seasons??

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on September 19, 2016, 02:14:52 pm
So the Pirates are a better team this year than the back-to-back 8-2 teams of the last 2 seasons??
Pirate Pride is fired up all over the forum today lol, it's good for the forum. Has been too quiet around here.

PiratePride03

Yes they are better because our offense will be way more balanced.  For the past two seasons,  we've ran the ball 95% of the time,  this season should be around 70%, and 30% passing plays is just enough to keep a defense honest.   When you run the ball on every down,  defense stacks the box,  then you're eventually forced to punt.  If you mix it up some,  defense has to respect it. 

PiratePride03

And yeah,  I'm a little fired up.  My best friend is from Dardanelle,  so we've been going at it since the schedules first came out lol.   

But I promise you this,  win or lose,  the Dover Pirates are gonna do it with class and heart. 

Lacerta agilis

Pretty bold prediction calling a 9-1 or better season after week 3. We shall see. BTW, Dardanelle has won by an average of 40+ points the last 4 meetings. This year's Lizards haven't slipped 40 points.

PiratePride03

Lol oh I know their average margin of victory,  my buddy hasn't let me forgot for the last 2 years!  And I'm not saying we'll go undefeated,  but I do believe we'll  beat Dardanelle.   The game that really has me worried is Ozark in Ozark.   We have Dardanelle,  Booneville,  and Waldron at home.   Ozark is a wildcard.   We whooped the tar out of them last year,  but I don't like that we have to go to them.

Sigmund Sauer

September 19, 2016, 03:08:29 pm #20 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:13:24 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 03:04:14 pm
Lol oh I know their average margin of victory,  my buddy hasn't let me forgot for the last 2 years!  And I'm not saying we'll go undefeated,  but I do believe we'll  beat Dardanelle.   The game that really has me worried is Ozark in Ozark.   We have Dardanelle,  Booneville,  and Waldron at home.   Ozark is a wildcard.   We whooped the tar out of them last year,  but I don't like that we have to go to them.

If one man down for a quarter nearly cost you a win against a very unimpressive team that you were supposed to dominate, then I'd worry about Dardanelle if I were you.

Lacerta agilis

AND Booneville & Pottsville.

Sigmund Sauer

PiratePride03

Lol you'll see how big of a difference he makes when we play whoever your team is.  Look for number 10, he'll be the one out running everyone and catching anything that gets near him.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: PiratePride03 on September 19, 2016, 03:15:17 pm
Lol you'll see how big of a difference he makes when we play whoever your team is.  Look for number 10, he'll be the one out running everyone and catching anything that gets near him.
He's a Sr. did he not play last year?

PiratePride03

September 19, 2016, 03:27:23 pm #25 Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:31:29 pm by PiratePride03
Yes he did,  but his role was smaller because of Luke Price.   Like I said,  we didn't throw the ball very much last year,  but when we did, it was a long ball to Sharp. He's also the one that got a few ints last year.  He has 3 or 4 already this year, with 2 going back for 6 I believe, maybe just 1 was a pick 6, but I'm thinking he has two.  He was rarely used in the run game last year,  but he's getting more carries this year. 

PiratePride03

He got hurt early in the conference season at Robinson too.  They made a late hit and two of the senators drove his body into their track.  He was out the rest of that game,  and the next game too I believe.   He didn't play at Shiloh in the playoffs either, I'm not sure why.  The kid is impressive.  He's a great pitcher too.

OLDSCHOOL82

If there's one threat receiving.... Easy, safety doubles him.  Not buying that he's that big a threat out of now where.  Dover should of been able to hop on one leg, like the entire offense, and still had a running clock against lavaca.  They are a middle of the pack 2A team.  I still think the 4-4A is going to be competitive for the top 4 spots in conference.  The next couple of weeks will help sort them out.

PiratePride03

He's not the only deep threat,  he's just the fastest with the best hands.   We got a couple other receivers that can catch too. 

I'll tell yall what,  if I'm proven wrong,  I'll admit it,  but I don't think that's gonna be the case.

PiratePride03

Don't know if any of yall have noticed,  but I've been 100% correct with my 4-4a winner picks,  so I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to the game I love. I've gotten the spread wrong on some,  but I've picked the right winner every time.  So we'll see what happens Friday night.

nastynice

Booneville 7
Dardy 17
Ozark 17
West Fork 17

Lumberjackfan1978

Pottsville by 6
Dardanelle by 20
Ozark by 7
West Fork by13

The Coach

Booneville by 7
Dardanelle by 17
Ozark by 14
West Fork by 7

D-TOWN LIZARD

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on September 19, 2016, 03:08:29 pm
If one man down for a quarter nearly cost you a win against a very unimpressive team that you were supposed to dominate, then I'd worry about Dardanelle if I were you.
GO LIZARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Devils

Booneville +4
Dardanelle +15
Ozark +18
West Fork +1

3 Dollar

Booneville (2) @ Pottsville
Dardanelle (34) @ Dover
Waldron @ Ozark (20)
Subiaco @ West Fork (21)

marine

Dover has the potential to be better this year without a doubt. #10 is differently a play maker. But #7 maybe the best all around football player that I have seen come through Dover. If we stick to what we do best 70 percent run 30 percent pass and stay under center on short yardage situations we will make a game out of it. Dardanelle is not the team they have been the last few years. However they are still a very good football team. Go Pirates!

PiratePride03

#7 is a monster on D.  I thought he killed that kid last week.   That hit was heard in Booger Holler!

AirItOut21

Booneville (7)
Dardanelle (14)
Ozark (7)
West Fork (7)

x14113

Considering how lazy I felt the last two weeks, it's a wonder I'm still in this.

Let's see if spacing things out can help matters...

Waldron @ Ozark (14)
This is a big game for both teams to open conference play, with early playoff implications at stake. False starts, dropped passes, and short-fallen throws made it easy for Charleston to hold the Hillbillies to a paltry touchdown last week. The Bulldogs were making it a game for most of the night before fading away late against Mena. Ozark could very well be the toughest team Waldron has faced so far, yet this is also the kind of game the hosts couldn't step up for the last two years. Even so, the Hillbillies' mix of experience and talent should give them an edge.

Dardanelle (21) @ Dover
I do hope the Pirate faithful understand why others in their conference aren't putting much value in their conference-best 3-0 start; the Pirates simply aren't dominating the OOC slate like they did the two years previous. It doesn't help that the teams they played aren't exactly buzzworthy. The Lizards, meanwhile, have rebounded convincingly the last two weeks, and they've been desperate to make a statement on their championship prospects.

Booneville (7) @ Pottsville
It isn't every season that a pair of 1-2 teams are playing for championship positioning. Both teams lost to Vilonia, as well as to a 4A-1 power, but their wins may tell a bigger tale: Gravette does seem to be in much better shape than Fountain Lake ATM. The key for the Apaches will lie in their upperclassmen, because if they have to rely heavily on their sophomores, they will simply struggle against the Bearcats' own youth.

Subiaco @ West Fork (1)
Someone has to win here. A good question to ask: Could the winner make a case for the playoffs?

Danvillegrad77

OZARK +12
DARD  +21
POTTS  +7
SUBI  +2

Sapper6

Booneville by 6
Dardanelle by 10
Ozark by 14
West Fork by 7

rskyb33

Pottsville by 8