• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trumann @ Pocahontas

Started by bigchief72455, September 18, 2016, 09:17:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bigchief72455

Two teams. Same record. What are your thoughts on this matchup.

Paperman

Don't know who will win, but I am very impressed by the Redskins Sorg! If the Wildcats can throw , they might give the Pokey defense some trouble! Not a lot of speed, but they tackle well and did create 4 turnovers against Osceola!

Pokey03

Pocahontas D had looked really good the last couple of weeks, and that could spell trouble for the rest of the conference. Offense still has a few things to work on. Trumann has a tough task at hand, containing Sorg will be a chore, and the skins defensive front will make the Wildcats earn every yard. Trumann is a good team,and they can compete, Pocahontas needs to play their style of football that we have become comfortable to knowing and ELIMINATE those pesky turnovers.

bigchief72455

Something else Trumann should keep in mind is that they will be seeing the same defense and offense as they saw from Paragould. The difference being is the Skins have been doing it longer and are far better at it. The Redskin defense will have to shut down the run and watch for the pass. If the Cats have a fumble problem the Redskins will exploit it.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Barkley has been, by far, the best player so far this year on the Redskins. He had something like 350 all-purpose yards vs. Osceola, and I expect to see the same this week. Coach Waymire has done a great job bring Trumann back, but they haven't won vs. Pokey since 09, and I see the streak continuing.

Redskin2015

birddawg1986

Pokey03

C'mon Trumann....it's very quite in here.

elvis26

;) I think pokey will beat my wildcats by 2 touchdowns!!!!!!! your redskins are truly the king of the hill

Pokey03

Quote from: elvis26 on September 20, 2016, 05:53:58 pm
;) I think pokey will beat my wildcats by 2 touchdowns!!!!!!! your redskins are truly the king of the hill
Should we expect to see a large Trumann crowd Friday night?

RazorCat

September 20, 2016, 07:23:36 pm #10 Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:52:44 pm by RazorCat
I believe you will see a good crowd.

RazorCat

bigchief72455

I think that this will be a great game. But Pocahontas D is going to be too strong for Trumann to overcome.

Paperman

Sorg had 208 yard and 2 scores on 37 attempts! One fumble which he fell on while being tackled! 3 KO returns for 132 yards and a TD! Kid runs and plays hard! Nice player! Solid!

Nomad1324

If Trumann can grind out first downs on offense, they can keep this game close. If Pocahontas gets them off the field, I could see the Redskins running away with this one.

bigchief72455

September 21, 2016, 10:28:54 am #15 Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 10:51:41 am by bigchief72455
According to Max Preps, Sorg is #2 in the state in rushing with 500 yards. Avg. 166.7 per game.
Also 3 defensive players in the top 15 in sacks.

Pokey03

Quote from: Nomad1324 on September 21, 2016, 10:18:49 am
If Trumann can grind out first downs on offense, they can keep this game close. If Pocahontas gets them off the field, I could see the Redskins running away with this one.
Trumann will have to mix it up with the pass in order to prolong their time of possession. Running the ball will result into very few first downs, and that will just create more problems by leaving the game in the hands of the Skins offense, who have the ability to score at will.

Lumberjackfan1978

Trumann is much improved this year but I think pokey will be to much for them to handle

bigchief72455

Every sports writer but one in the Jonesboro Sun has Pocahontas picked to win. If they don't, that one guy is going to have some bragging to do. lol

Big Country

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Big Country on September 23, 2016, 10:49:09 am
where is the game ?????
Pocahonats. Big crowd expected because of first conference game and tonight is the annual tailgate party

bigchief72455

This will be a game for sure. Trumann is wanting to make a statement and win. That said. Wins are not easy to come by for the visitors at Pocahontas. In the last 2 weeks they have seen their defense come to life and their offense still in the search for the right formula. Even so, if Trumann's D fails to shut down the Pocahontas ground attack,they will not be able to stay in the game. This is going to be a battle of wills. Last week,Trumann faced a Paragould defense that mirrors the D at Pocahontas. The difference being is that Pocahontas runs it far better. Trumann has to impose the will of their offense upon the Skins to be able to stay in the game. If they 3 and out every series it will end fast.

Pokey03

Pokey03

Pocahontas D got after Trumann early and often, it will be hard for the Wildcats to win games with the slippery hands they had tonight. Skins fell on three fumbles at least, but their were many more that the Wildcats were lucky to get back on.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas