• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monticello @ Star City

Started by Dogpound2010, September 17, 2016, 10:11:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogpound2010

bulldoghistorian

Billie Blue

Very big game both teams
Monticello 21
Star City 20

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Billie Blue on September 17, 2016, 11:09:23 pm
Very big game both teams
Monticello 21
Star City 20
Could go either way!

cuckoobird

bulldoghistorian

September 18, 2016, 10:38:45 am #5 Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:43:12 am by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2016, 08:34:16 am
Monticello by 21+
I would be highly surprised if it's a blowout for either team. I think it will be a really close game, just like the game in 2012 was!

bulldoghistorian

Hootens has Monticello favored by a point. I think this is the first time that they have picked the Billies over us. Going to be a good one Friday night! Go Dogs!!!

Nomad1324

1998billieblue

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 18, 2016, 08:34:16 am
Monticello by 21+
Monticello hasn't scored more than 21 points in 3 games.  Billies 21-14..

green-eagle

what happen to the "the blue steel" last week against 4dice?     this game will test both teams......the billies by 12!

Dogpound2010

Star city both starting running backs will be back this week

Lion QB

Should be a great game I think it will go down to the horn in the 4th quarter. Whoever makes the least mistakes could come out the winner in this one.     

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on September 21, 2016, 11:21:08 am
Star city both starting running backs will be back this week
Were they locked in the church basement?

cuckoobird

Been hiding out with counterpunch?

Jimbo Morphis

Dogpound2010

Maybe we can talk him up out of hiding

1998billieblue

Monticello also gets the starting RB and LB who missed last weeks game back.  Lots of turmoil in the locker room between players and coaches right now.  Nothing that a good beat down of SC wont fix.. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1998billieblue on September 22, 2016, 09:56:22 am
Monticello also gets the starting RB and LB who missed last weeks game back.  Lots of turmoil in the locker room between players and coaches right now.  Nothing that a good beat down of SC wont fix.. 
Tell us more.

AirWarren

September 22, 2016, 10:47:14 am #18 Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:50:04 am by AirWarren
Quote from: 1998billieblue on September 22, 2016, 09:56:22 am

Does this stem from:

The kids/coaches that support the mayor vs. the kids/coaches that want the mayor booted?

Was Monticello live guy in the locker room:

The kids/coaches wanted him to stay vs. the kids/coaches wanted him to leave?

cuckoobird

1998billieblue

Quote from: AirWarren on September 22, 2016, 10:47:14 am
Does this stem from:

The kids/coaches that support the mayor vs. the kids/coaches that want the mayor booted?

Was Monticello live guy in the locker room:

The kids/coaches wanted him to stay vs. the kids/coaches wanted him to leave?

Where was this?  I wont spread any gossip/rumor to protect the coach who was suspended last week, that was handled by the school board.  But last week was bad.  1 player was suspended because he got ISS for cheating(starting safety and regular on offense).  Another player suspended  because coach said he didn't practice hard enough that week(starting RB).  Another player sat out due to a hip pointer(starting LB). 

Best player on the team is #11 Tyon Rhodes.  He is a freak athlete.  Can kick the ball in the endzone EVERYTIME on kickoff, yet he is not the kicker.  He never played or touched the ball on offense.  Not sure if he was being reprimanded or not. 

AirWarren

I'm only kidding Billie. It was a joke. Just picking at the goat crew.

1998billieblue

Quote from: AirWarren on September 22, 2016, 11:40:15 am
I'm only kidding Billie. It was a joke. Just picking at the goat crew.

Haha ok cool I was scared I missed something on MLIVE. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1998billieblue on September 22, 2016, 11:35:18 am
Where was this?  I wont spread any gossip/rumor to protect the coach who was suspended last week, that was handled by the school board.  But last week was bad.  1 player was suspended because he got ISS for cheating(starting safety and regular on offense).  Another player suspended  because coach said he didn't practice hard enough that week(starting RB).  Another player sat out due to a hip pointer(starting LB). 

Best player on the team is #11 Tyon Rhodes.  He is a freak athlete.  Can kick the ball in the endzone EVERYTIME on kickoff, yet he is not the kicker.  He never played or touched the ball on offense.  Not sure if he was being reprimanded or not. 
$500,000 field and $30,000 coach = basketball school.

1998billieblue

Quote from: Oldman on September 22, 2016, 12:58:55 pm
$500,000 field and $30,000 coach = basketball school.

He makes a lot more than $30,000.00.  That's the frustrating part.  As far as being a "basketball" school.  Recent history would agree with that since we have been pretty dominate in BBall.  We were pretty good in football at the 5A level under McMurry and Pascall. 

1998billieblue

I do wanna say this.  I love Coach D.  He was my position coach when I played for Monticello.  I really hope he gets the ship turned around.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 1998billieblue on September 22, 2016, 01:15:49 pm
He makes a lot more than $30,000.00.  That's the frustrating part.  As far as being a "basketball" school.  Recent history would agree with that since we have been pretty dominate in BBall.  We were pretty good in football at the 5A level under McMurry and Pascall. 
Meant value not salary. Monticello could have hired a proven coach but has to many smart people running things.

cuckoobird

Where is bigfan to say y'all are talking nonsense

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 22, 2016, 03:23:10 pm
Where is bigfan to say y'all are talking nonsense
Shaking his head yes as he reads my post.

Dogpound2010

Lumberjackfan1978

This game is a toss up. Should be a good game.

bulldoghistorian

Dogpound2010

Good luck to the dogs tonight...

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Dogpound2010

No way neither teams have scored that much this year

Dogpound2010

LJ06

bulldoghistorian

First loss to Monticello since 2012.
That was the last time we lost the conference opener.
We drop to 1-3 over all for the first time since 2006!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas