• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A week 4

Started by bulldoghistorian, September 17, 2016, 12:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

September 17, 2016, 12:47:02 pm Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:07:56 pm by bulldoghistorian
Week 3 results.
Warren 52 Chapel 32
Hamburg 24 Ashdown 23
Nettleton 35 Star City 13
Fordyce 28 Monticello 14
Dumas 75 Bauxite 34
Stuttgart 51 Dewitt 14
McGehee 7 Crossett 6.
Now the real season begins!
Week 4 games.
Monticello at Star City.
Even this early, I think this game is real big for both teams if they want to make a push to the playoffs in my opinion.
Both teams come in with an over all record of 1-2.
S C has won 3 in a row over the Billies.
Will that number grow to 4, or will Monticello stop that streak?
We'll find out.
Star City 21
Monticello 14.
Hamburg at Dewitt.
Hamburg got a much needed win last night for their first win of the year! Look for the Lions to have their way at Dewitt next week with ease!
Hamburg 49
Dewitt 14.
Dumas vs Dollarway.
Lol I'm not sure if this game is played at Dumas or at UAPB? Either way, I think Dumas will prevail.
Dumas 35
Dollarway 16.
Warren at Crossett.
I am really surprised how much Crossett has struggled so far this year!! Maybe they can turn things around sooner than later! It won't happen this week though! I think Warren can name their score!
Warren 49
Crossett 7.
Feel free to post your thoughts and predictions as well!

Lion QB

I'm surprised as well with the Eagles, maybe they can pick up but they need major changes to have a chance. My Lions has played some pretty stout competition for the first 3 games it's definitely helped us out even with the 2 loses I fell like we will make a good run in 8-4a. It will be a tight race for second place in 8-4a. Warren should walk thru with no problems undefeated.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: Lion QB on September 17, 2016, 08:57:51 pm
I'm surprised as well with the Eagles, maybe they can pick up but they need major changes to have a chance. My Lions has played some pretty stout competition for the first 3 games it's definitely helped us out even with the 2 loses I fell like we will make a good run in 8-4a. It will be a tight race for second place in 8-4a. Warren should walk thru with no problems undefeated.
Don't underestimate your team. Lions should be 2 and 1 B.S holding call in Fairview game. There was no holding.The kid tripped in front of ref. and it cost was the game with 50 seconds on clock.

Lion QB

I'm not underestimating them I biggest Lions fan it is. The Camden game in my opinion should have never came down to that play... Play calling lost that game and not getting the ball to our playmakers. We are doing better now but 88 and 28 should be geting feed the ball way more I think but we did make big adjustments vs Ashdown. Coaching staff doing a good job figuring it out we will be ok going into conference play hope we keep improving.

Sports Guru

Crossett vs Warren 35 
Hamburg 32 @ DeWitt
Dumas 15 @ Dollarway
Star City 1 vs Monticello

bulldoghistorian

Hootens picks.
Warren by 28 at Crossett.
Hamburg by 24 at Dewitt.
Dumas by 10 at Dollarway.
Monticello by 1 at Star City.

green-eagle

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on September 17, 2016, 09:07:53 pm
Don't underestimate your team. Lions should be 2 and 1 B.S holding call in Fairview game. There was no holding.The kid tripped in front of ref. and it cost was the game with 50 seconds on clock.

the Hamburg lions got DRUMMED by a 2A school..........., yes, I know that England is good this year, but a top rated 4A team like Hamburg should never lose to a 2A school...unless the Loins are not ready for prime time.... forgot about second place in the 4A-8, Dumas will sow up that spot so get ready for third........

Lion QB

Quote from: green-eagle on September 21, 2016, 11:14:39 am
the Hamburg lions got DRUMMED by a 2A school..........., yes, I know that England is good this year, but a top rated 4A team like Hamburg should never lose to a 2A school...unless the Loins are not ready for prime time.... forgot about second place in the 4A-8, Dumas will sow up that spot so get ready for third........
We have made some major changes on Defense since the England game. I am the biggest Lion critic there is, but I will say we are not the same defense as we were vs England.. The offense has not adjusted near enough in my opinion but we have made adjustments and are better than we were..... I think we are well on our way to making a competitive run in 8-4a for that second spot.. I don't see anybody touching Warren................You Eagles better make some changes quick thou if you plan on winning a game..           

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: green-eagle on September 21, 2016, 11:14:39 am

I'm by no means a Hamburg fan but to rip them when they have more than held their own the last 2 weeks while Crossett has been embarrassing on the field is ridiculous. You want to see some Eagles wins you better get a peewee schedule and follow them.

green-eagle

Quote from: Lion QB on September 21, 2016, 11:27:32 am
We have made some major changes on Defense since the England game. I am the biggest Lion critic there is, but I will say we are not the same defense as we were vs England.. The offense has not adjusted near enough in my opinion but we have made adjustments and are better than we were..... I think we are well on our way to making a competitive run in 8-4a for that second spot.. I don't see anybody touching Warren................You Eagles better make some changes quick thou if you plan on winning a game..           

I like that Hamburg made some adjustment.....this is what coaches do. but Crossett's coaches has not made that adjustment on offensive....yes, we moved some kids around, and around but until that O-line starts to come together, our defense can only do so much.....

as for Warren........yes, it going to be a long season.

green-eagle

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on September 21, 2016, 01:32:40 pm
I'm by no means a Hamburg fan but to rip them when they have more than held their own the last 2 weeks while Crossett has been embarrassing on the field is ridiculous. You want to see some Eagles wins you better get a peewee schedule and follow them.

I don't have to go far to see some Eagles wins.......just jump over to the 2A board....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas