• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 4 - Nashville vs Arkadelphia

Started by ~WPS~, September 16, 2016, 11:42:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

~WPS~

September 16, 2016, 11:42:12 pm Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 09:20:12 pm by ~WPS~
Nashville Scrappers vs. Arkadelphia Badgers
Scrapper Stadium, Nashville, AR
September 23, 2016 @ 7:00 PM

Video:  http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/schools/nashville-high-school-nashville-ar
Audio:  www.southwestarkansasradio.com

Nashville Scrappers
Head Coach: Mike Volarvich
Record at Nashville: 18-0 (2nd Year)
2016 Record:  3-0
2016 Conf. Record:  0-0
Last Week:  Won 91-63 vs Idabel
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  3-4
PPG Scored:  66
PPG Allowed:  28
2015 Record: 15-0
2015 Conf. Record:  7-0 (1st 7-4A)
2015 Playoffs:  5-0 (State Champion)
Returning Starters:  6 offense / 5 defense

Arkadelphia Badgers
Head Coach:  J. R. Eldridge
Record at Arkadelphia:  45-20 (6th Year)
2016 Record:  3-0
2016 Conf. Record:  0-0
Last Week:  Won 41-3 @ Hot Springs
Offense:  Spread
Defense:  4-3
PPG Scored:  40
PPG Allowed:  20
2015 Record:  8-6
2015 Conf. Record:  4-3 (T-4th 7-4A)
2015 Playoffs:  3-1 (Semifinals)
Returning Starters:  5 offense / 5 defense

Stat Leaders
Passing
Nashville:  Tyler Hanson - 38/45, 704 yards, 8 TD, 0 INT
Arkadelphia:  Cannon Turner -

Rushing
Nashville:  Darius Hopkins - 33-456 yards, 11 TD ... Trent Harris - 27-379 yards, 7 TD
Arkadelphia:  Cannon Turner -

Receiving
Nashville:  Ty Pettway - 15-273 yards, 4 TD
Arkadelphia:  Shemar Dickens -

Tackles
Nashville:  Hunter White - 38 total tackles (5 TFL)
Arkadelphia: 

Sacks
Nashville:  Mace Green - 3 sacks
Arkadelphia: 

Interceptions
Nashville:  Domonick Kight - 2 INT
Arkadelphia:   

Series History
All-Time:  Nashville 23-16-2
Last 10 Games:  Nashville 8-2
Last Meeting:  Sept. 25, 2015 (Nashville won 49-28)
Games Played at Nashville:  Nashville 9-6-2

Notes
The winner of this game has won the conference the last 4 years.
Since 2012 when Arkadelphia rejoined 7-4A, Nashville and Arkadelphia have split the 4 meetings.
Prior to becoming head coaches at their current schools, Volarvich and Eldridge faced each other as OC for Henderson State and DC for Ouachita Baptist.
Nashville has won 18 of last 19 at home, including 10 straight; since 1993, Nashville is 144-18 at home.
Arkadelphia was 7-2 on the road last year.
Nashville and Arkadelphia first played October 23, 1914, Arkadelphia won 36-6.

Lumberjackfan1978

This should be a good game,but it can't have the offense explosion as y'all had in the game tonight

polksalet

~WPS~

It'll be interesting to see if anybody can slow down this offense. Nashville's starters didn't score on only 1 drive tonight which was the first time this year. The starters have scored on 29/30 possessions.

Oldbadger

If they let the Badgers score 63 on them they may come up with their first loss.  Did their cheerleaders play defense for them?

beach bum

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 17, 2016, 12:43:19 am
If they let the Badgers score 63 on them they may come up with their first loss.  Did their cheerleaders play defense for them?

LOL

SCRAPYARD

If a team scores 63 they should win, right?

Top Shelf

I think what you and everyone else is misssing is..  all those studs that played offense only for the first 3 games also play defense at a pretty high level.  I said that to say, there won't be anymore 63's put up on Nashville this season.

sportsguy80

If the badgers give up 91 they will lose...lol.

fredcage

Lost in the explosion is the fact that Idabel turned the ball over on their first two possessions and missed a TD just before halftime by 2 yds.  Nashville was shown to be unable to defend passes 20 yds downfield.  The Idabel pass-catch combination was better than most they will face.  However, the key to beating Nashville has been revealed.  As Idabel discovered last night, relying on outscoring one's opponent can be derailed by your own turnovers.

~WPS~

Nashville does not play kids both ways early in the season. Did the same things last year. When the best players are in the secondary it will be a completely different defense.

Oldbadger

The Badger defense doesn't roll over and play dead like it seems the Idabel defense did.  I really bet that Nashville's best players will play defense as well as offense this week.  If not, the Badgers will hang 63 on them like Idabel did.  Looking for a good game.  Wish I could be there.

scrapman

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 17, 2016, 09:50:01 am
The Badger defense doesn't roll over and play dead like it seems the Idabel defense did.  I really bet that Nashville's best players will play defense as well as offense this week.  If not, the Badgers will hang 63 on them like Idabel did.  Looking for a good game.  Wish I could be there.
May be the post of the year right here. Very amusing.  When is the last time arky hung 63 on anyone let alone Nashville at Nashville. 

AirItOut21

Quote from: scrapman on September 17, 2016, 11:01:55 am
May be the post of the year right here. Very amusing.  When is the last time arky hung 63 on anyone let alone Nashville at Nashville.

Arkadelphia hung 56 points AT Nashville in 2012

cuckoobird

I don't think arkie will need to score 63. If the score 42 they will win

kjjackson

Yeah, that Arkadelphia defense only gave up 28 to Sheridan. How will the Nashville offense ever move the ball?

cuckoobird

Honestly Nashville has played no one yet. Not saying they will lose but their previous non conference games is by no means an indicator of how good they are. Dewitt could score 40 against any of the teams they have played

scrapman

Quote from: AirItOut21 on September 17, 2016, 11:30:10 am
Arkadelphia hung 56 points AT Nashville in 2012
You didn't answer my question

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 17, 2016, 12:35:25 pm
Honestly Nashville has played no one yet. Not saying they will lose but their previous non conference games is by no means an indicator of how good they are. Dewitt could score 40 against any of the teams they have played
Arkadelphia has?

cuckoobird

They have played better competition that's for sure

kjjackson

Arkadelphia has played 'somebody"? Who has Arkadelphia played that won't be fighting for the bottom of their conference?

AirItOut21

Quote from: kjjackson on September 17, 2016, 12:39:17 pm
Arkadelphia has played 'somebody"? Who has Arkadelphia played that won't be fighting for the bottom of their conference?

Stuttgart

Try to do better

kjjackson

cuckoobird

Stuttgart may be the only one but at least they have played somebody. Again I'll say that Nashville may very well win and probably should, just don't count your chickens before they hatch.

kjjackson

What you should say is that Nashville may very well win and I don't like that. Why all the typing?

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 17, 2016, 12:46:39 pm
Stuttgart may be the only one but at least they have played somebody. Again I'll say that Nashville may very well win and probably should, just don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Speaking of counting chickens....the same can be said of Stuttgart being a good team.

AirItOut21

cuckoobird

kjjackson

You too, just say you don't like when them and be done with it.

cuckoobird

Will someone interpret Mr jackson's post please.

scrapman

I know that they are 1-2 and their Coach jumped ship on themy after last season.  Hard to say they are a good team right now. I go off of facts, not speculation of what they once we're or may be in the future.

cuckoobird

You definitely aren't going off of facts.

kjjackson

When they win, or like them, either way or both, maybe? Something like that.

kjjackson

And my post doesn't make sense to you? Who is 1-2 with a coach jumping?

kjjackson

I'd like to go off facts of the future.

scrapman

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 17, 2016, 01:00:13 pm
You definitely aren't going off of facts.
Fact...Stuttgart is 1-2
Fact...last year's HC left and took another job.

scrapman

And I hate talking about Stuttgart on the Nashville thread but I couldn't find a Stuttgart one. They were all over the place last year but no where to be found now. I didn't look on page 2 or three though.

SUGARTOWN

I love it how someone from Stuttgart can't offer a critique of any other game or team without someone bringing up the Ricebirds. I'm glad we're always on your minds.  ;D

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on September 17, 2016, 01:09:32 pm
And I hate talking about Stuttgart on the Nashville thread but I couldn't find a Stuttgart one. They were all over the place last year but no where to be found now. I didn't look on page 2 or three though.

Why did you talk about Stuttgart in a Nashville thread anyway?

scrapman

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 17, 2016, 01:11:32 pm
I love it how someone from Stuttgart can't offer a critique of any other game or team without someone bringing up the Ricebirds. I'm glad we're always on your minds.  ;D
Only our minds because you are in our thread. I saw some nonsense that made no sense and saw it was someone from stuttgart...then it made sense.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on September 17, 2016, 01:16:07 pm
Only our minds because you are in our thread. I saw some nonsense that made no sense and saw it was someone from stuttgart...then it made sense.

Oh, these threads aren't open to anyone? Sorry I posted in YOUR thread. I'll go find some other threads to post in and you can go try find the Scrappers defense...

scrapman

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 17, 2016, 01:18:38 pm
Oh, these threads aren't open to anyone? Sorry I posted in YOUR thread. I'll go find some other threads to post in and you can go try find the Scrappers defense...
Appreciate it. You will see our D in the playoffs....oh wait, maybe you can catch the playoffs on the livestream

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: scrapman on September 17, 2016, 01:33:21 pm
Appreciate it. You will see our D in the playoffs....oh wait, maybe you can catch the playoffs on the livestream

Nah, I don't pay to watch high school games. Good luck.

Oldbadger

Oh arrogance, thy name is Nashville!  The same arrogant team with D1 athletes who traipsed into Lincoln Stadium in the fall of 2013, never having lost a first round playoff game, only to leave the stadium that night, heading home to Nashville with their tails tucked between their legs (do scrappers have tails) having lost their first to a "scrappier" little Lincoln team.  Be sure to play your D1 athletes on defense this week, because, there is always a first time for everything. 

Bigbossman

Until someone can beat Nashville, i dont think it is really right for us to have to travel any. And that goes for our jr. High as well.

mharris31696

This is a game that imo could be close or it could be a blowout. The question is if one team gets down early how will they respond? Arkadelphia got down by 21 twice a few years and  came back to win. Last year Nashville got down in the first quarter and responded big time.  I'll pick the Scrappers over the Badgers 45-24.

cuckoobird

JimBobApplesauce

Everyone Nashville plays will have major problems containing this year's offence.  Hopefully you naysayers will realize that soon.

SCRAPPERS > 28
badgers < 28

cuckoobird

I don't think anyone has been a naysayer, some have just been cautious concerning the level of competition, or lack there of.

Top Shelf

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas