• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

melbourne bearkatz

Started by 2cansam, March 31, 2009, 08:18:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2cansam

Is Melbourne going to play a full varsity schedule this year? How is the program building so far?

HorseFeathers

I know they have a decent looking field by AA standards...

2cansam

So they have facilities now that should mean that they are close to playing a varsity schedule then

muleshoe_forever

They played a 7 game schedule in junior high this year (according to the school's website) so I would guess a JV schedule in 09, then a full varsity schedule once the conferences realign in 2010. This is just a guess based on how Riverview started their program. A JV schedule to finish the alignment cycle and going to varsity once a new alignment comes into play.

As far as other schools affected, this could cause the 2A-3 and 2A-6 to be split into three conferences or old 2A-6 schools McCrory and Augusta (2A-6 for spring sports) to be moved to the 2A-6

emceedd

Under the proposed plan submitted to the school board at the last meeting, Melbourne would start a JV program in 09-10 that would continue for three years. 2012-13 would be the first year of varsity play with this years seventh graders having four years of experience.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas