• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Borderlands

Started by Horrendous, October 25, 2009, 12:18:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Horrendous

Hey I need a couple of people to play this with on xbox live so whoever has this game and wants to play let me know your gamertag and we can start tearing people up lol.

Horrendous

and oh yeah my gamertag is Notorious3330

bulldogs1159

I've got this game on my game Q but it may be a month or so before I get to it.

Rabbitalum09

Pretty awesome game. But sorry I have to on the PS3

Doc Holiday

Quote from: Rabbitalum09 on October 28, 2009, 01:56:54 pm

Get a 360.  :D

Rabbitalum09

Quote from: Doc Holiday on October 28, 2009, 02:51:20 pm
Quote from: Rabbitalum09 on October 28, 2009, 01:56:54 pm

Get a 360.  :D

I have a 360 too I just dont play it as much because the online gaming for the playstation is free with suddenlink but the 360 still have to pay money  :(

Doc Holiday

Yea, thats one of the downsides to the 360....that and the red ring problems. But I have a 360 for one main reason, their game selection. They have some really great games...plus, I'm a big Halo fan.

Rabbitalum09

Quote from: Doc Holiday on October 28, 2009, 02:55:30 pm
Yea, thats one of the downsides to the 360....that and the red ring problems. But I have a 360 for one main reason, their game selection. They have some really great games...plus, I'm a big Halo fan.

See I think Halo is the one game that 360 is worth having. But I am a huge RPG fan and love the FInal Fantasy series but right now its straight up Call of Duty online gaming right now. Its extremely fun. The 360 takes the online leveling to a more tougher way to level up though compared to the PS3 which i think is actually better

Doc Holiday

I enjoy Rpgs too. I really got into the Star Wars: Kotor games back when they came out on original xbox. I've played Fable 2 quite a bit, and Fallout is one of my favorites!

It's good to hear from another Halo fan.   8) 

Rabbitalum09

Quote from: Doc Holiday on October 28, 2009, 03:01:48 pm
I enjoy Rpgs too. I really got into the Star Wars: Kotor games back when they came out on original xbox. I've played Fable 2 quite a bit, and Fallout is one of my favorites!

It's good to hear from another Halo fan.   8) 

Heck yeah dude I usually play it online when i am at my friends but I have been meaning to pick up the Fable games and checking them out

Doc Holiday

Yea, I've only played Fable2. On I rank of 1-10 I would have to say a 6.5. IMO. Its a game thats good, But once you play it once.......ehhhh, it isnt as fun the second time. Which is not a good thing considering its an rpg.

Rabbitalum09

Quote from: Doc Holiday on October 28, 2009, 03:09:09 pm
Yea, I've only played Fable2. On I rank of 1-10 I would have to say a 6.5. IMO. Its a game thats good, But once you play it once.......ehhhh, it isnt as fun the second time. Which is not a good thing considering its an rpg.

Yeah I agree thats not a good thing. Thats why the final fantasy games are so great to me. They keep me hooked with such great storie lines and special effects that they just dont get old and I dont stop playing them until they are beaten

Doc Holiday

I've never really looked into the Final Fantasy games because it has never caught my eye. I mostly like the more realistic games. Halo and Mass Effect is about as Sci Fi as I get. 

Chief_Osceola™

^ You've missed out on some of the greatest JRPG's in the history of console gaming.  And along that same line, I thought Lost Odyssey was a great JRPG.

I'd like to pick up Borderlands, but there are too many other games about to release that are 'must gets' - MW2, Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock 2, etc.

Rabbitalum09

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 29, 2009, 03:33:15 pm
^ You've missed out on some of the greatest JRPG's in the history of console gaming.  And along that same line, I thought Lost Odyssey was a great JRPG.

I'd like to pick up Borderlands, but there are too many other games about to release that are 'must gets' - MW2, Left 4 Dead 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Bioshock 2, etc.

Definitely MW2 and Bioshock 2. I watched a whole show about the new bioshock and it looks incredible

Doc Holiday

I've never looked into bioshock either....I'm a bad person.  :(

bulldogs1159

My brother rented this game and I played it for about an hour and a half. It seemed like a watered down fallout type game. I think it would be more fun if I didn't have to kill a MILLION little skag dog things EVERYWHERE I went. It got old quick. I got as far as killing that gang dude to get the travel thing up and going.

koopa

Quote from: Doc Holiday on October 30, 2009, 08:34:19 am
I've never looked into bioshock either....I'm a bad person.  :(
I think it's the best Xbox 360 game ever made. You should check it out fo sho.

Doc Holiday

I might, but seemed a little weird to me.

Chief_Osceola™

^ I bought it without having any prior knowledge as to what to expect outside the thought it was a survivor horror-type game.  It absolutely blew me away.

Doc Holiday

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 09, 2009, 03:09:02 pm
^ I bought it without having any prior knowledge as to what to expect outside the thought it was a survivor horror-type game.  It absolutely blew me away.

Ok Chief, I respect your opinion, I think I might go get it. Or borrow it from a friend.

Chief_Osceola™

At the very least, borrow it first.  If there's any downside, it's that it may not have the  same replay value for everyone.  I've been through 3 playthroughs though.  First playthrough was medium difficulty, getting my feet wet if you will.  Next playthrough was for the brass balls achievement (hard difficulty, no continues).  Third playthrough was wrench-only.  Now I'm patiently waiting for the sequel.

Doc Holiday

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 09, 2009, 09:24:08 pm
At the very least, borrow it first.  If there's any downside, it's that it may not have the  same replay value for everyone.  I've been through 3 playthroughs though.  First playthrough was medium difficulty, getting my feet wet if you will.  Next playthrough was for the brass balls achievement (hard difficulty, no continues).  Third playthrough was wrench-only.  Now I'm patiently waiting for the sequel.

Replay value is very important to me. Thats why I love Mass effect. I could play it over and over and over.....

Chief_Osceola™

If a sequel weren't coming out early next year, I'd probably be on my 4th or 5th playthrough.  But like I said, that may not be the case for everyone. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas