• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs 2014 Season

Started by MSHS FAn, July 27, 2014, 01:13:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the regular season reacord will be and where will we be in the postseason??

12-0
1 (2.6%)
11-1
0 (0%)
10-2
0 (0%)
9-3
0 (0%)
8-4
2 (5.3%)
7-5
5 (13.2%)
6-6
11 (28.9%)
5-7
4 (10.5%)
4-8
9 (23.7%)
3-9
6 (15.8%)
2-10
3 (7.9%)
1-11
0 (0%)
0-12
0 (0%)
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP?
2 (5.3%)
College Football Playoff?
0 (0%)
College Football Championship Game?
0 (0%)
National Champions
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

zebradynasty

Quote from: 5Greenjellybeans on August 06, 2014, 12:42:20 pm
Would you guys listen to yourselves...you are all in denial.  If u think for one minute that just because a coach is screwing around that he needs to be fired then you really need a reality check.  You do know that stuff like this is happening all over the....well, world.  You think that bobby was the first coach to mess around at the u of a?  And the whole give him another year thing worked out well Houston didn't it? Let's just hope we can get to 3 wins this year...if we do them I'll retract and say I was wrong but I have a feeling I'm not. And as far as your little comment about going across state...it was mostly work related but we chose GW over a lot of schools because my son is good and deserves a chance to play d1 football. Even though that has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation...it had to do with a poll and if anyone says anything other than the hogs go undefeated then that means you're an idiot and deserves to be exiled...

Wow! Well in the real world if you LIE to your employer and because you lied it left your employer in a very serious legal liability most times you get fired. Now I agree if it was just him messing around...that could be forgiven. I know it's hindsight now but his last two recruiting classes alone were justification to get fired. The talent level on the team last year was not enough to compete for the Sunbelt title! Heck that's why it was so easy for BB's recruits to shine! The jury is still out on whether BB can get it done but no matter who you want coaching up there few talented players means few wins in the SEC and it's been that way for a long time! 

Tex29

In baseball terms Brandon Allen is known as a "5 o'clock hitter". All American practice player but when game time rolls around he couldn't start for any sun belt team.

ricepig

Quote from: Tex29 on August 07, 2014, 08:53:08 pm
In baseball terms Brandon Allen is known as a "5 o'clock hitter". All American practice player but when game time rolls around he couldn't start for any sun belt team.

Ok.....

Valleysports

August 07, 2014, 09:45:37 pm #53 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:47:57 pm by Valleysports
Go back to Texas!

cuckoobird

That may have been one of the most honest posts Ive seen on here

AirWarren

Sadly enough, it is pretty much the typical NWA "blue chip".

With that said though, I hope he has a break out season and puts the doubters to rest.

AirWarren

Rice, why did you vote for 12-0??

Valleysports

August 08, 2014, 08:46:16 am #57 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:48:14 am by Valleysports
Arkansas Coaches think he's the best QB on the hill.  This is the part I don't like about Arkansas Fans - y'all eat your young.  The kid plays his first couple non conference games of college ball - gets hurt - takes one game off - but even being hurt, there isn't anyone better, so he plays on.  Injured or not - no one wants to have a great performance more than him.  Where were the Senior, Junior, experienced QB's last year?  Playing QB, for Arkansas, when the team is below average - is a no win situation.     

And Bielema don't give a rats rear where any player comes from.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on August 08, 2014, 08:41:27 am

Sadly enough, it is pretty much the typical NWA "blue chip".

With that said though, I hope he has a break out season and puts the doubters to rest.

As of today pretty accurate statement.

AirWarren

Quote from: Valleysports on August 08, 2014, 08:46:16 am
Arkansas Coaches think he's the best QB on the hill.  This is the part I don't like about Arkansas Fans - y'all eat your young.  The kid plays his first couple non conference games of college ball - gets hurt - takes one game off - but even being hurt, there isn't anyone better, so he plays on.  Injured or not - no one wants to have a great performance more than him.  Where were the Senior, Junior, experienced QB's last year?  Playing QB, for Arkansas, when the team is below average - is a no win situation.     

And Bielema don't give a rats rear where any player comes from.

Hey, I am an allen fan. I think he can do it. However if he doesn't, he will be the typical NWA blue chip athlete bust. That's all I am saying. However the wife can't stand him...says his position is result of nepotism at it's finest. haha.

You forget V, I am one of those realistic fans! No way the hogs win more than they did last year or under smiley boy.

Valleysports

August 08, 2014, 09:30:34 am #60 Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 09:35:30 am by Valleysports
I'm neither a fan nor know much about Allen, but I know college coaches are going to put the players on the field who can best help them win.  Might help if SE Arkansas would send some Linemen, who could keep SEC defenses, from flowing through like water. 

I am a fan of Hogs having at least a .500 season - life is a lot funner, in Arkansas.

AirWarren

Quote from: Valleysports on August 08, 2014, 09:30:34 am
I'm neither a fan nor know much about Allen, but I know college coaches are going to put the players on the field who can best help them win.  Might help if SE Arkansas would send some Linemen, who could keep SEC defenses, from flowing through like water. 

I am a fan of Hogs having at least a .500 season - life is a lot funner, in Arkansas.
They need some lineman.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 08, 2014, 08:43:37 am

I didn't vote, if I was going 12-0, I'd go with 15-0. I've already posted 6-6, 5-7 on the low side, and 7-5 on the high side.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 08, 2014, 09:44:55 am

They need some lineman.

We have o-linemen, it's our deepest position, unfortunately still young. We've got some NWA older guys that haven't panned out as thought, having said that, they had some major offers in high school.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on August 08, 2014, 10:07:10 am
Quote from: AirWarren on August 08, 2014, 09:44:55 am

They need some lineman.

We have o-linemen, it's our deepest position, unfortunately still young. We've got some NWA older guys that haven't panned out as thought, having said that, they had some major offers in high school.

Very true. It appears that Cook may be about to show out though. The other springdale kid and Bentonville kid haven't.

FD4

Guys, I chime in one last time on the 2014 Hogs.  I am absolutely a 100% fan of any young man that was able to find themself hooked up with any D1 college.  But this season is going to be a very tough season for the Hogs, and it starts on the very first game.  I wish em well, but they are going to get mercy ruled.  Auburn will pick them to pieces, and dont think for one minute Gus calls off the dogs either. A bad taste is a bad taste that is hard to rinse out of your mouth.  The good news is, UofA can only get better, right? Haven't said it in a very long time, but Go Hogs, Never flinch, Never quit, Never give up.

cuckoobird

Theres only one thing I disagree with. Ncaa footbalk doesnt have the sissy mercy rule

Valleysports

August 12, 2014, 07:19:52 pm #67 Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:32:08 pm by Valleysports
Ricepig - y'all got 4* players to spare now?  He could probably be the starting LB for A&M - who lost a starting LB to injury this week, in addition to the 3 returning defensive starters kicked off the team.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 12, 2014, 07:19:52 pm
Ricepig - y'all got 4* players to spare now?  He could probably be the starting LB for A&M.

Well, he was working his way to 3rd string, but I hate that he is leaving, we need the depth. One injury and he starts or plays a lot, but kids want to play, so they transfer.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on August 08, 2014, 10:03:45 am

I didn't vote, if I was going 12-0, I'd go with 15-0. I've already posted 6-6, 5-7 on the low side, and 7-5 on the high side.
OH my... RP you are stepping out there aint ya. Just an avg. year for the Hogs.

I tend to agree with you but I am having a hard time picking out the SEC wins. I have never had any love for the Miss. schools and usually the Hogs are better than them so I will pick one of them as a win. Missouri could be one and maybe Georgia. If the LSU game was in the Rock -- I would of picked the Hogs to win that one.

Lowly Big 12 Tech game will answer a lot of questions. 

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on August 12, 2014, 08:20:21 pm
Quote from: ricepig on August 08, 2014, 10:03:45 am

OH my... RP you are stepping out there aint ya. Just an avg. year for the Hogs.

I tend to agree with you but I am having a hard time picking out the SEC wins. I have never had any love for the Miss. schools and usually the Hogs are better than them so I will pick one of them as a win. Missouri could be one and maybe Georgia. If the LSU game was in the Rock -- I would of picked the Hogs to win that one.

Lowly Big 12 Tech game will answer a lot of questions.

Well, it's almost time to see how it plays out. I'm sure I'll figure out a way to win them all come game week, although some will take some creative thinking.

Valleysports

Hard to believe Arkansas vs Auburn and A&M vs S Carolina, before preseason even starts.  Totally defeats the purpose of preseason.  Quality of game will be preseason caliber as well.

Suzuki Libation Nation

You don't think it will be a couple of well-oiled machines executing all phases of the game in championship form? I think Auburn is probably gonna run-rule the Piggies. The "45 after 3" rule. Game will be stopped after third quarter with the War Tiger Eagles or whatever they are up 52-7.

Valleysports

Well I don't know - the Spread / No-Huddle Offense usually struggles in the preseason, takes a while to get it all worked out.  Gus likes the multiple option plays. Bielema's running game is pretty straight forward.  Hogs got some good defensive ends this year?   

Suzuki Libation Nation

Couple. But it don't matter. They'll be trapped and sealed and cut and chewed on by the Tigers O-line. Probably clawed some by those War Eagle muthas. If they don't have to pass we cain't sack 'em. I don't think they are gonna have to pass.

ricepig

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on August 20, 2014, 02:24:49 pm
You don't think it will be a couple of well-oiled machines executing all phases of the game in championship form? I think Auburn is probably gonna run-rule the Piggies. The "45 after 3" rule. Game will be stopped after third quarter with the War Tiger Eagles or whatever they are up 52-7.

You giving 45 points? Because I'll take all you can beg, borrow, or steal.

Suzuki Libation Nation

LOL I wish I could find someone like me willing to place a bet with that kind of spread. Too bad they ain't out there, including me.

ricepig

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on August 20, 2014, 05:13:07 pm
LOL I wish I could find someone like me willing to place a bet with that kind of spread. Too bad they ain't out there, including me.

Just checking, lol

Suzuki Libation Nation

What is the spread in Vegas on the game by the way?

ricepig

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on August 21, 2014, 11:59:29 am

Not sure it's still up with Marshall's availability unsure, was -24 dropped to -21 I believe. Cuckoo gave me 30, so I'm happy.

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on August 21, 2014, 01:07:54 pm
Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on August 21, 2014, 11:59:29 am

Not sure it's still up with Marshall's availability unsure, was -24 dropped to -21 I believe. Cuckoo gave me 30, so I'm happy.
Honestly Suzuki may be ok at 50 but I understand him not betting

Suzuki Libation Nation

lol 30 is pretty courageous, the final last year was 35-17 and Arkansas will be much improved over that team. Marshall didn't even play, Williams and Collins combined for 196 yards on 33 carries. Course that was in Razorback Stadium, so there was alittle home-field support for the Tusks.

ricepig

We generally play well down there, I'm in no way guaranteeing a victory, but I feel confident in the 30pts I getting.

Valleysports

ricepig, are y'all discussing Hog Football somewhere else?  Don't y'all have a Huge Game Saturday?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 25, 2014, 10:34:43 am
ricepig, are y'all discussing Hog Football somewhere else?  Don't y'all have a Huge Game Saturday?

Hogville??  What do you want to talk about? That someone torched Brandon Allen's truck last night, along with 2 others?

AirWarren

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2014, 11:04:49 am

Hogville??  What do you want to talk about? That someone torched Brandon Allen's truck last night, along with 2 others?
I bet Gus did it....

AirWarren

That is ridiculous. It's already hard enough to get kids to go up there and this is how they treat the ones that are there. I hope BA goes 80+ percent on passes, no picks, and 4+ tds to show these "fans". Heck, it will be lucky if he even stays in Arkansas!

Romeo

August 25, 2014, 11:34:45 am #88 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:36:48 am by Romeo
Unbelievable. I'm just speechless. Just to let you know, recruits are already talking notice. From CJ O Grady's twitter: "I don't know if I want to go to Arkansas anymore..."

zebradynasty

I would be shocked if this incident (IF TRUE) had anything to do with football. I mean there is no QB controversy because all of the QB's on the roster are very suspect! My gut tells me this was something personal directed toward BA or his family. Worst thing that could happen to the program would be if some crazy fan did this!

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2014, 11:12:23 am

That is ridiculous. It's already hard enough to get kids to go up there and this is how they treat the ones that are there. I hope BA goes 80+ percent on passes, no picks, and 4+ tds to show these "fans". Heck, it will be lucky if he even stays in Arkansas!

I love how everyone is jumping to conclusions on who is responsible, I think the prudent thing would be to wait and see who is responsible.

mack

Several fires were set all over town.  He was not targeted I'm betting.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on August 25, 2014, 12:24:49 pm

Absolutely no telling right now, I think even his biggest "haters" would at least give him a series against Allbarn before going crazy.

cuckoobird

Jacketman65

Probably little brother because he wants to play too!  Ha Ha

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 25, 2014, 11:34:45 am
Unbelievable. I'm just speechless. Just to let you know, recruits are already talking notice. From CJ O Grady's twitter: "I don't know if I want to go to Arkansas anymore..."

Like I said, Fayetteville is a tough sale anyways....this doesn't help it's case.

I hate it for BA.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on August 25, 2014, 12:37:57 pm
Quote from: mack on August 25, 2014, 12:24:49 pm

Absolutely no telling right now, I think even his biggest "haters" would at least give him a series against Allbarn before going crazy.

Yeah and even the haters acknowledge that right now our options for QB are very limited.

Valleysports

Well no - actually I was thinking more about how fall camp is going and what to expect.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on August 26, 2014, 05:55:56 pm

Well no - actually I was thinking more about how fall camp is going and what to expect.

Don't all fall camps go good?? You know, we're getting better, loved the effort, kids are grinding through two a days, etc..... As far as what to expect, hopefully a healthy QB, and and a better defense.

AirWarren

KJ Hill is poised to announce Friday.

Everyone hold on to their seats and prepare for a possible early season meltdown.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas