• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarksville Assistant Opening

Started by huskercat, March 21, 2019, 06:28:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

huskercat

Clarksville has a 7-12th grade Social Studies opening with HS Assistant position. Must be certified in 7-12 Social Studies to be considered.  Looking at a few different options, but would like someone on the offensive side or with Offensive Line experience.  Contact me at Khris.buckner@csdar.org for more details.  Apply at csdar.org

purpleswag

Does it come with hazard pay? Ha ha

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: purpleswag on March 21, 2019, 07:27:24 pm
Does it come with hazard pay? Ha ha

Why would one need hazard pay at Clarksville?

purpleswag

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on March 22, 2019, 12:59:24 pm
Why would one need hazard pay at Clarksville?

Was it not Clarksville where the light pole fell?

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: purpleswag on March 22, 2019, 01:09:45 pm
Was it not Clarksville where the light pole fell?

I don't remember that.    they did have a pretty damaging tornado come through a few years ago that killed three people.   But that can happen anywhere in Arkansas.

x14113

It happened two weeks ago. A rotting base caused a wooden pole to fall on a pair of folks during a soccer event in Clarksville.

https://5newsonline.com/2019/03/09/student-and-referee-taken-to-hospital-after-light-pole-falls-on-them/

The remaining lights have since been dismantled.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: x14113 on March 22, 2019, 04:11:16 pm
It happened two weeks ago. A rotting base caused a wooden pole to fall on a pair of folks during a soccer event in Clarksville.

https://5newsonline.com/2019/03/09/student-and-referee-taken-to-hospital-after-light-pole-falls-on-them/

The remaining lights have since been dismantled.
Another reason not to watch soccer.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on March 22, 2019, 07:12:27 pm

Still better than football where there is 12 minutes of actual action in a 3 hour event... More time in the huddle than the actual game. More shots of the crowd or coach than actual play. More commercials than actual play.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on March 23, 2019, 12:28:51 pm
Still better than football where there is 12 minutes of actual action in a 3 hour event... More time in the huddle than the actual game. More shots of the crowd or coach than actual play. More commercials than actual play.

Isn't soccer the outside version of a basketball stall game? 😁

purpleswag

As opposed to watching grown men lay on the ground crying in "pain"?

JessieP

March 23, 2019, 02:51:05 pm #10 Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 09:09:56 pm by JessieP

That's a bit much. Still better? In your opinion maybe but in the opinion of the vast majority of Americans football is still better. And that's a pretty shallow interpretation of football. The physical exertion of hand to hand combat is often more taxing then simple running. Wrestling sometimes last only 3 or 4 minutes and yet both participants are drenched in sweat. Real Sports did a segment on soccer once that dispelled the myth. It showed how actual sprinting was very little. The majority of players during a soccer match rarely hit a heart rate considered maximum heart rate. In a pure cardio sense it was just slightly above football but far behind hockey, swimming and basketball.

If you want to categorize football that way I'd submit that soccer only has a few seconds of actual action, when a goal is scored. Often times there is no action whatsoever.

Late night modification: I have no dislike of soccer, I actually enjoy it. My issue is the same as millions of Americans. It's hard to go all in on a sport we suck at. How can we lead the world in accomplishments but can't field an elite soccer team? How can we invent the internet, land on the moon and still not get out of the first round of the world cup? Every 4 years we get excited and everyone likes soccer and then we get stomped by Tonga. Maybe if USA could rise to the level of "They aren't that bad" soccer would really take off here.

papaeagle

April 04, 2019, 02:54:30 pm #11 Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 08:28:20 pm by papaeagle
Quote from: huskercat on March 21, 2019, 06:28:35 pm
Clarksville has a 7-12th grade Social Studies opening with HS Assistant position. Must be certified in 7-12 Social Studies to be considered.  Looking at a few different options, but would like someone on the offensive side or with Offensive Line experience.  Contact me at Khris.buckner@csdar.org for more details.  Apply at csdar.org
Did they get someone yet? There is an assistant coach that lives in Clarksville who coaches elsewhere that might fit the requirements and be interested. Sure is getting late to get a coach to move in from way across the state and make drastic living changes with a house rental, moving an entire family, etc... Good luck in your search.

sevenof400

Quote from: Oldman on March 22, 2019, 07:12:27 pm

Call Terminix.

We need to spray for troglodytes again apparently....

PA Dad

Quote from: sevenof400 on April 04, 2019, 05:03:32 pm
Call Terminix.

We need to spray for troglodytes again apparently....

Seven, I'm a fan.

1reddieLB

Made a solid hire from what I understand!

Jimbo Morphis

Where is the soccer board?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas