• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is your post to gripe about the outcome of the 4A Championship Game.

Started by JACK D BACK 27, December 10, 2006, 12:26:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

should they repeat the game?

Yes
No

LJ06

Man I forgot we taped on the field also...we need to get that tape from SEABEC and watch the final play to see if it shows anything we haven't already seen or has a better view

fbhound

December 10, 2006, 04:09:52 pm #101 Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:13:01 pm by fbhound
    Truth is Nashville stats clearly show they outdid Warren on offense.
And if Nashville kicker ( a normally good one) had hit either of those SHORT field goals, there would not have been a 2nd OT. One FG was LESS than extra point distance! Another was about the same as an XP...  The film is NOT clear if the knee is down before the ball breaks the plane. In fact, it likely shows the elbow down before the ball crosses, which also counts as a downed play - no good 2 point conversion either way. There is a big difference when you stretch out and have the ball in your hand across the goal when the ball is 3-4 feet above ground and when the ball is just an inch or two above ground when it crosses (as in this case)... That points to SOME part of the body already on the ground since the player is NOT horizontal, he is angling upwards slightly which means the body was down first....
     A player just can't be horizontal with all parts of his body 1-2 inches above ground and have the ball the same 2 inches above the goal line. The ONLY situation when that would occur is if the player leaped in the air high, then as he was coming down from 2-3 feet high he reached DOWN with the ball across the goal just an inch above ground and his body was HIGHER than the ball.. That was NOT the case here. The body was BELOW the ball, look at the play again..

archaic

Quote from: seark66 on December 10, 2006, 02:15:10 pm
Quote from: Super Scrapper on December 10, 2006, 01:58:08 pmThe picture did not show that.  It only showed the ball crossing the goal line, it did not show that his knee was down before that and the ref made the "CORRECT" call.  Proof by pictures in other thread....Groan on....SS

Go Scrappers
   ;)

That other picture on the board shows his knee down, or I assume that is what it was supposed to show...the quality is terrible, but the ball had broken the plane. Which means the two point conversion was good.

If the view only showed the ball crossing the goaline, how do you know it was the correct call?

tradition

Well, the simple fact is that you cannot tell, in a picture whether one happened before the other.  Again, the jumbotron DID NOT SHOW HIS WHOLE BODY, THEREFORE CANNOT BE USED TO PROVE A 'BLOWN' CALL.

archaic

Then, we don't know what the correct call was(although it was very clear in the replay).

Mulerider

Which replay was it "very clear" in?  In the still picture, he is at least 1.5 yards away from the goalline.  All others are questionable.  I would have to say the guys in stripes that were the closest had the best view.

fan7

Quote from: the 1 percent on December 10, 2006, 02:47:24 pm
http://showtime.arkansasonline.com/ADG/

When a player gets tackled do the refs spot the ball for the next play where his knee hit the ground or where the ball actually is? 

Mulerider

Good post, this play was so close it would have been controversial either way.  IMO the best team won and when watching live, I also thought the runner was down.

Thanks for the view from a referee's point of view. I have also read that the guys made no call, I am glad to see they were in good position and used proper mechanics.

archaic

Quote from: Mulerider on December 10, 2006, 04:29:55 pm
Which replay was it "very clear" in?  In the still picture, he is at least 1.5 yards away from the goalline.  All others are questionable.  I would have to say the guys in stripes that were the closest had the best view.

The camera in the back of the endzone that was shown at the game is the view I'm talking about. The entire Nashville Side gasped at the site of that. It was almost funny to hear nothing coming from over there.

shortstuff9219

WARREN IS 2006 STATE CHAMPIONS ... EVERYONE KNOWS IT INCLUDING NASHVILLE !!!!!

tradition

Quote from: shortstuff9219 on December 10, 2006, 04:38:22 pm

As I have said a couple of times......PROVE IT CONCLUSIVELY!!!

archaic

Quote from: tradition on December 10, 2006, 04:38:50 pm

Prove it in favor of Nashville Conclusively............let's see what you come up with.

tradition

Quote from: archaic on December 10, 2006, 04:40:05 pm

Prove it in favor of Nashville Conclusively............let's see what you come up with.

me and the ref agree, so you've gotta prove it.

archaic

Quote from: tradition on December 10, 2006, 04:40:41 pm

Why should I..........................? Anyway.......that is a sorry excuse.

tradition

Quote from: archaic on December 10, 2006, 04:44:24 pm
Quote from: tradition on December 10, 2006, 04:40:41 pm

Why should I..........................? Anyway.......that is a sorry excuse.

That's not a sorry excuse.  That's the way it works any where.  The ruling official is right until proven wrong. 

outlaw39

BOO FRICKIN HOO!!   :'( :'( If Y'all (Warren) were as good as you were "bragging" about for the past 2 weeks, It wouldn't have came down to OT anyways. I have watched about 5-6 different angles, and none showed anything to reverse the call. It was an awesome game that is tarnished not by a "tainted call", but by a bunch of whining people that won't shut up because they were "robbed".

shortstuff9219

WE DON'T HAVE TO PROVE IT YALL KNOW THAT WARREN IS STATE CHAMPS SO ACCEPT THAT FACT THAT ITS TRUE... YALL PROVED IT TO YALLSELVES THAT WE WON WHEN THEY SHOWED THE REPLAY AND YALL STOPPED CHEERING... PROLLY CAUSE YALL KNEW YALL HAD LOST !!! JUST CAUSE A REF MAKES A BAD CALL DONT MEAN THAT YALL ARE STATE CHAMPS.. YALL HAVE THE RING TROPHY BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING IF ITS NOT THE TRUTH !!!

tradition

Quote from: shortstuff9219 on December 10, 2006, 04:49:17 pm

WE DON'T HAVE TO PROVE IT YALL KNOW THAT WARREN IS STATE CHAMPS SO ACCEPT THAT FACT THAT ITS TRUE... YALL PROVED IT TO YALLSELVES THAT WE WON WHEN THEY SHOWED THE REPLAY AND YALL STOPPED CHEERING... PROLLY CAUSE YALL KNEW YALL HAD LOST !!! JUST CAUSE A REF MAKES A BAD CALL DONT MEAN THAT YALL ARE STATE CHAMPS.. YALL HAVE THE RING TROPHY BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING IF ITS NOT THE TRUTH !!!

You obviously don't understand what it means to score.  The replay didn't show the whole picture.  They should really have an age limit here...or at least one for IQ

archaic

Quote from: tradition on December 10, 2006, 04:50:47 pm

You obviously don't understand what it means to score.  The replay didn't show the whole picture.  They should really have an age limit here...or at least one for IQ

No.......you don't want that.

tradition

Quote from: archaic on December 10, 2006, 04:51:53 pm

Half of the members of this board would lose their id's.  Not you, particularly, but def. shortstuff.

shortstuff9219

I KNOW EXACTLY WAT IT MEANS TO SCORE. YALL DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACCEPT THAT YALL LOST !!! WARREN 14-0 , NASHIVILLE 13-1.... THATS THE TRUTH !!!!!

dotson

Quote from: fan7 on December 10, 2006, 04:33:05 pm
Quote from: the 1 percent on December 10, 2006, 02:47:24 pm
http://showtime.arkansasonline.com/ADG/

When a player gets tackled do the refs spot the ball for the next play where his knee hit the ground or where the ball actually is? 

Where the ball was when the knee touched. The spot is not where the knee touched, unless that is also where the ball was. Unlikely.

archaic

Quote from: tradition on December 10, 2006, 04:53:00 pm
Quote from: archaic on December 10, 2006, 04:51:53 pm

Half of the members of this board would lose their id's.  Not you, particularly, but def. shortstuff.

Don't yall just love high school football?

seark66

Quote from: outlaw39 on December 10, 2006, 04:47:43 pm
BOO FRICKIN HOO!!   :'( :'( If Y'all (Warren) were as good as you were "bragging" about for the past 2 weeks, It wouldn't have came down to OT anyways. I have watched about 5-6 different angles, and none showed anything to reverse the call. It was an awesome game that is tarnished not by a "tainted call", but by a bunch of whining people that won't shut up because they were "robbed".

Yes...pretty obvious you are from Howard County.

outlaw39

Bit of advise to Warren: GET READY FOR NEXT YEAR, RELOAD, AND TRY TO TAKE THE TITLE BACK!! No offense, y'all have a great program, but shut up. I didn't really care who won or not. I am from HO CO, but am not a sCrapper fan. The official made the call, Nashville won, try to take it from them next year.

seark66

Quote from: outlaw39 on December 10, 2006, 05:23:36 pm
Bit of advise to Warren: GET READY FOR NEXT YEAR, RELOAD, AND TRY TO TAKE THE TITLE BACK!! No offense, y'all have a great program, but shut up. I didn't really care who won or not. I am from HO CO, but am not a sCrapper fan. The official made the call, Nashville won, try to take it from them next year.

It shouldn't have to be taken from them. They shouldn't have it in the first place.

Nashville_05

Quote from: shortstuff9219 on December 10, 2006, 04:53:29 pm

I KNOW EXACTLY WAT IT MEANS TO SCORE. YALL DON'T KNOW HOW TO ACCEPT THAT YALL LOST !!! WARREN 14-0 , NASHIVILLE 13-1.... THATS THE TRUTH !!!!!

delusional?

Sarcasmrules

Quote from: scrapdawgof06 on December 10, 2006, 01:20:18 am
To all the whiners saying they got cheated... I was there... only reason we (Nashville) fell silent on that 2 pt. conversion was to see the replay as to where it was good or not, because going by the way it looked... it was too close to call... with my mom standing right beside me... we looked up at the jumbotron right as the Warren player supposedly crossed the plain, it was a 1/2 yard short with the players knee touching the turf before he crossed the plain.. on another note... the ball popped out and Nashville recovered it...

but to the loyal fans of both Nashville and Warren, my god it was loud at WMS... and im freaking hoarse... Congrats to my Scrappers but also, congrats on Warren for giving us our first real test of the season...   may we meet again

Scrapdawg

Go Scrappers!

Bullcrap and very wrong. Silent from guilt. Bullcrap.

outlaw39

Well, they have it. Either reload and get ready to take it from them next year, or sit here on FF.com crying about it. Act like fans that have an AWESOME and well respected program and say get ready for next year instead of sounding like a bunch of 3 year olds.

Sarcasmrules

Quote from: outlaw39 on December 10, 2006, 05:37:21 pm
Well, they have it. Either reload and get ready to take it from them next year, or sit here on FF.com crying about it. Act like fans that have an AWESOME and well respected program and say get ready for next year instead of sounding like a bunch of 3 year olds.
I'm over it but our kids probably aren't and that is who I'm hacked for. They will come back next year no doubt. The moral of this team to a hit winning a game and not getting the win. That is the only way to look at it. There is no controversy he was in by a foot and a half. We lost but won. We will be back and angry.

outlaw39

Quote from: BroomeHog33 on December 10, 2006, 05:42:10 pm
Quote from: outlaw39 on December 10, 2006, 05:37:21 pm
I'm over it but our kids probably aren't and that is who I'm hacked for. They will come back next year no doubt. The moral of this team to a hit winning a game and not getting the win. That is the only way to look at it. There is no controversy he was in by a foot and a half. We lost but won. We will be back and angry.
All I'm saying is if y'all are over it, start talkin' about next year's title. I'm sure the kids are upset about it. I played in some close games that could've/should've went the other way. We didn't whine about it, we got ready for the next game/year. Hat's off to Warren and Nashville. They are the only two teams that can say: "We made it to the championship Game" and "We are the only ones that kept up with Warren/Nashville". Good luck next year.

Scrapperfan725

Ok..this is some crap...how can you say .we. cheated when BOTH of us went into double overtime..ok yeah warren can be hacked off and nashville would be too if we were in warren's situation.  We didnt cheat, we didnt know the refs..the refs didnt know us. They didnt make their minds up before the play was made..I mean i didnt see all the refs get in a group and all decide to call the last play in Nashville's favor...did you? Yeah thats what i thought. Warren get over it.

Always Friday

Watching Warren players storm the field because they thought they won: Priceless

Go Scraps  ;)

seark66

Quote from: Scrapper Pride on December 10, 2006, 08:29:55 pm
Watching Warren players storm the field because they thought they won: Priceless

Go Scraps  ;)

They did win. Nashville will forever hold a 'championship' few believe they deserve.

seark66

Quote from: Scrapperfan725 on December 10, 2006, 07:45:13 pm
Ok..this is some crap...how can you say .we. cheated when BOTH of us went into double overtime..ok yeah warren can be hacked off and nashville would be too if we were in warren's situation.  We didnt cheat, we didnt know the refs..the refs didnt know us. They didnt make their minds up before the play was made..I mean i didnt see all the refs get in a group and all decide to call the last play in Nashville's favor...did you? Yeah thats what i thought. Warren get over it.

I don't recall people saying Nashville cheated. Ya'll won off a bad call. That isn't the players fault.

The Truth

I concur.  I listened to all the Whining Warren fans before i watched the replay and I would've sworn that it was conclusive that he crossed the goaline.  But when i watched it in real time my first reaction was that he was down... and if not downt then very close to being so.  He most definetly wasn't "Clearly" in or anything.  It was very close and there's no way any Warren fan can honestly look at these replays and so otherwise without their hometown bias factoring in!!! I think he was down from my first impression... but thats just one man's opinion.

johnharrison

Very nice post ghog. 

Most rational of the bunch,  thanks.

BringbckSingletary

Quote from: The Truth on December 10, 2006, 08:39:02 pm
I concur.  I listened to all the Whining Warren fans before i watched the replay and I would've sworn that it was conclusive that he crossed the goaline.  But when i watched it in real time my first reaction was that he was down... and if not downt then very close to being so.  He most definetly wasn't "Clearly" in or anything.  It was very close and there's no way any Warren fan can honestly look at these replays and so otherwise without their hometown bias factoring in!!! I think he was down from my first impression... but thats just one man's opinion.

That view is terrible, I assure you, there is a view that clearly states it.  There wouldn't be this much commotion if it was otherwise.

JD_Will

I've watched the game film from the pressbox and the high schools film that was shot from ground level, from the back of the endzone, on the play side. and TO ME the game film looks very close. The film from GROUND LEVEL, FROM THE BACK CORNER OF THE ENDZONE, ON THE PLAY SIDE, it is very evedent that Wrights legs were still in the air when the ball crossed the plane of the endzone. This film link is very choppy and my player won't let me slow it down or pause it at the right time to tell if he was down or if he scored. 

As far as the "Fumble" the ground caused the ball to come loose in the endzone, which ,by the rules, is not a fumble.

I just want Nashville to know that your state title is tainted.

The fouls were not lop-sided. The refs were just trying to make their presence felt and wanted to show the team how big and bad they were by calling a lot of things that they should have let go in a state title game, FOR BOTH TEAMS! AND, the linemen down field was called on our center who was a half a yard over the line and the ball was on it's way out of the passers hand. So, yes, it was a foul but you shouldn't call that stuff in a state title game. Like on a long run by Nashville in the third,  the tackle backside got called for holding when it had nothing to do with the result of the play. That kind of crap is freaking stupid!

TeachStats

Quote from: Scrapper Pride on December 10, 2006, 08:29:55 pm

They stormed the field after the refs had left the field....what got them going?

Implant Guy

Well I guess that does it for me...one more opinion and no photography to back it up.

Mulerider

If there is something conclusive out there, I haven't seen it.  I have viewed many things.  The play was so close that you can't even tell for sure on video or still photos.  That being said, the refs had to call what they saw in a fraction of a second.  

They were in good position and were decisive, regardless of what you may read on this board.  All you can ask of any official is to be in proper position and get the best look possible, this is what happened.

Ringleader

why dont we go cry some more. get over it. nashville won fair and square the kids didnt make the call. why dont yall just take it like grown ups and let the kids from nashville get the chance to celebrate their victory. they cant help what the refs. called out on the feild.

to the nashville fans and team great sportsmanship. good job and dont listen to any one from warren cause their nothing but imature 3 year olds or at least their acting like it. next go celebrate yalls win. great job and hope you do it again.

to warren fans and team horrible sportsmanship. why dont yall try to grow up and act like your an adult. just say good job and get over it. and if yall ever make it to state again i hope yall show better sportsmanship and if you cant do that i hope you never go again.

JD_Will

Quote from: Implant Guy on December 10, 2006, 09:54:09 pm
Well I guess that does it for me...one more opinion and no photography to back it up.

Not my film and I'm not in a position to take high school property.

Quote from: Ringleaderwhy dont we go cry some more. get over it. nashville won fair and square the kids didnt make the call. why dont yall just take it like grown ups and let the kids from nashville get the chance to celebrate their victory. they cant help what the refs. called out on the feild.

You are right about the fact that the kids can't help what was called on the field. Neither can the warren kids. They cant help it that they got screwed. Nashville played a great game and their players have nothing to do with the refs call. They are not to blame for them getting the state title, on a bad call. They had NO part in that. Congrats, but we were the winners and came through in the clutch. I am very proud of Warren and Nashville. I really don't like the fact that our rivalry is so tainted with controversy.  Great jobs both teams.

arreferee

Quote from: Romeo on December 10, 2006, 11:22:35 am
The ground cannot cause a fumble.

This is a common misconception...the ground can cause a fumble.

The_Preacher

By the looking at the senoirs each of these two teams had  Warren will return more  expericenced players, Nashville will have a big turnover  21 seniors

Scrapperfan725

Quote from: seark66 on December 10, 2006, 08:33:06 pm
Quote from: Scrapperfan725 on December 10, 2006, 07:45:13 pm

I don't recall people saying Nashville cheated. Ya'll won off a bad call. That isn't the players fault.

Read again on some previous pages...but you're right it's not the players fault..but it def wasnt a bad call. Look at the pics that have been posted on here..thats proof.  I mean I'll give it to Warren and to Nashville for working their buts off that game..it could have been anyones game.

originalhawg

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 10, 2006, 02:56:36 am
Who's to say it won't be reversed.  Enough people talk, someone will listen. 

The refs blew that call, and now, we're going to send it to their boss's and see if that problem can't be corrected.  If Warren had lost fair and square, I would concede to Nashville--but Warren won the football game on a converted 2-point try, the final should be 22-21, and Warren should be the 2006 4A state champions.

I can promise you one thing--this is not a matter that's just going to be brushed under the rug.  The ripple effects of what happened tonight will be around Arkansas high school football for a l-o-n-g time.

--Kyle

No one is going to change anything.  The only people whining about this are the people who want to believe the call is incorrect.  I have friends on both sides of this and really didn't care who won.  The only thing your loud outbursts will do is educate us on your level on maturity.....or lack thereof.  Good luck with your efforts though!

sam

Kyle, I like you being somewhat controversial for once, but this will be forgotten very soon. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas