• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 11/21/14

Started by bulldog42, November 21, 2014, 07:42:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

here are the games for tonight 11/21/14
*denotes conference

1A1W
Kingston @ St. Paul *
Oark @ Mulberry (boys) *
Acorn @ Scranton

1A1E
Omaha @ Alpena *
Mt Judea @ Bruno-Pyatt *
Deer @ Lead Hill *
Jasper @ Western Grove *

1A2S
Shirley @ Bradford *
Concord @ West Side Greers Ferry *
Timbo @ Southside Bee Branch *

1A2N
Viola @ Hillcrest *
ICC @ Mammoth Spring *

1A3E

Palestine-Wheatley @ Armorel (Boys)
Piggott @ Maynard (Boys)

1A5N
Nemo Vista @ Abundant Life *
Quitman @ Guy-Perkins
Mount Vernon Enola @ Wonderview *
Sacred Heart @ NLR Lisa Academy (Boys) *

1A7W
Acorn @ Scranton
Oden @ Caddo Hills *

1A7E
Genoa Central @ Bradley
Emerson @ Fouke
Nevada @ Harmony Grove
Taylor @ Sparkman *

PuddlePirate12

The Emerson @ Fouke game has been canceled because Fouke is still playing football

Silky Johnson

Bay is at 4A Brookland tonight according to a schedule I saw.

Shady

Brookland by 6 unless they shoot 70 percent then I'll say 18.
Wonderview by 10
Piggott by 8
Viola and ICC by double digits

Neabballfan

11-8 bay end 1   No layne for bay tonight

Neabballfan

Neabballfan

Baller4life23

Scranton girls beat Acorn 37-30.

Scranton boys up 53-31 with 3:36 left in the 3rd quarter.

Neabballfan

Malde

Bradford Sr girls beat Shirley 48-15 and Bradford SR boys beat Shirley 55-45.

Baller4life23

Scranton boys with the 82-52 over acorn.

Silky Johnson

With Taylor Layne out tonight Jonathan Crain stepped up down low. Best game he's had this year. 53-35 was the final and Watson had 20+ for sure.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 21, 2014, 09:05:04 pm
With Taylor Layne out tonight Jonathan Crain stepped up down low. Best game he's had this year. 53-35 was the final and Watson had 20+ for sure.

Crain had a monster night tonight, Brookland didn't block out at all and he made a living down low. Something tells me a lot of blocking out drills ahead next practice for our boys!!

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 21, 2014, 09:05:04 pm

I heard Watson had to shoot about 40 times to get those points. And he was about 1-12 from three. I wasn't there.. This is just what someone who was there told me

Hogfan167

Brookland is down a little this year but still a nice win for Bay.

JP

Quote from: Baller4life23 on November 21, 2014, 08:26:00 pm
Scranton girls beat Acorn 37-30.

Scranton boys up 53-31 with 3:36 left in the 3rd quarter.

Good Girls game. I really like the unique way the Scranton Cheerleaders raised around $275 for Childrens Hospital in 1 minute.  Great idea for a great cause.  I don't think most people realize how great Arkansas Childrens Hospital is until they have to use it.
Congratulations to the Lady Rockets on the win.

Clutch03

Wonderview 66--Mt.Vernon 45  boys final

Moonshiner

From what I've been able to gather.....
Jasper over Western Grove in boys and girls
Deer boys over Lead Hill
Omaha boys win at Alpena

Mr. Basketball

At Mammoth
Izard County (Girls) 53 Mammoth Spring 18
Izard County (Boys) 71 Mammoth Spring 37

Catfish

Westside girls beat Concord by 5 I believe. And Concord boys beat Westside 58-55 on a half court buzzer beater.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 22, 2014, 02:36:14 am #20 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:25:04 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 21, 2014, 09:46:37 pm

Not to take away from Watson's game because he is a heck of a player, but all the Refs last night must have got the Zero contact policy on Watson because they enforced it very well. Brookland couldn't look at him hard without it being called a foul. The guys in stripes should should have had black suites because The President wasn't wasn't any better protected last night than Watson was.

Brookland plays a physical defense but That's the most fouling I have ever  seen a team do , using their chest with hands out to the side

MomaLion

Clarendon Sr boys defeated Hughes 49-73. Clarendon Sr girls lost by 2.

Silky Johnson

Watson didn't shoot it 40 times but with a starting guard and shooter out he was expected to take more shots. As for being protected it's really just the crew and how they call. That's the first time I've seen those refs this year but who knows they could be inconsistent the next game. Last night was one of the first games Watson got to play for the entire first half and the previous week at BIC they were looking to draw charges when he drove the lane and the one that fouled him out was a pretty bad call but I guess that's how it goes. Brookland should make regionals in 4A, state is possible and I see them only getting better with Coach Gross there.

FreeMoney

Quote from: MomaLion on November 22, 2014, 05:54:16 am
Clarendon must be loaded

Silky Johnson

Clarendon has everybody back I believe.

Silky Johnson

Stats in the Jonesboro sun had Colton Watson 30 points and Jonathan Crain with 15 Friday at Brookland.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 23, 2014, 01:51:23 pm
Stats in the Jonesboro sun had Colton Watson 30 points and Jonathan Crain with 15 Friday at Brookland.

They both had a great game , Bay is my pick to win state

MomaLion

Quote from: FreeMoney on November 22, 2014, 12:20:15 pm
Clarendon must be loaded
We return all starters from last season's State runner up team. This was their first game so it was kind of ugly for a while lol but they pulled it together and put on a bit of a show.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: MomaLion on November 23, 2014, 11:13:52 pm
Clarendon must be loaded
We return all starters from last season's State runner up team. This was their first game so it was kind of ugly for a while lol but they pulled it together and put on a bit of a show.

How did Hughes look momalion?

BoxNOne

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 22, 2014, 02:36:14 am
Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 21, 2014, 09:46:37 pm

Not to take away from Watson's game because he is a heck of a player, but all the Refs last night must have got the Zero contact policy on Watson because they enforced it very well. Brookland couldn't look at him hard without it being called a foul. The guys in stripes should should have had black suites because The President wasn't wasn't any better protected last night than Watson was.

Watson way too good of a player for the refs to help out. He doesn't need any help. Olfan, did Pritchett play for Bay. I haven't seen his name in the paper much lately for Bay.
Brookland plays a physical defense but That's the most fouling I have ever  seen a team do , using their chest with hands out to the side

NEA Razorback olfan

November 24, 2014, 01:53:43 pm #30 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:01:52 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Box, Pritchett played and looked good , prolly around 6 points, Bay didn't shoot a lot from outside , Crain's points mainly from put backs off Bay missed shots, Watson may have had 2 3's , mostly  lay ups or free throws. Bay played a packed in 2-3 Zone , Brookland was just missing wide open 3's all night.  Which sometimes are they hardest to hit. Bay's Transition game was impressive.

MomaLion

Quote from: fann07 on November 24, 2014, 06:52:42 am
Quote from: MomaLion on November 23, 2014, 11:13:52 pm
Clarendon must be loaded
Hughes is always good but I think they aren't as strong this year as in years past.  They are very fast and athletic...run n gun all game...not alot of discipline.

How did Hughes look momalion?

MomaLion

Also Hughes wasn't hitting alot of free throws and foul alot. We played mostly our youngest, smallest kids the last quarter.

BoxNOne

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 24, 2014, 01:53:43 pm
Box, Pritchett played and looked good , prolly around 6 points, Bay didn't shoot a lot from outside , Crain's points mainly from put backs off Bay missed shots, Watson may have had 2 3's , mostly  lay ups or free throws. Bay played a packed in 2-3 Zone , Brookland was just missing wide open 3's all night.  Which sometimes are they hardest to hit. Bay's Transition game was impressive.

Thanks for the report Olfan. I figure Brookland will improve as season goes along and Bay is a tough early season matchup.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas