• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11/16/14- Top 5 Boys and Girls

Started by PuddlePirate12, November 16, 2014, 11:35:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PuddlePirate12

Just wondering what everyone thinks after a few weeks of playing ???

Boys
1. Emerson- I'm a little biased but they're still very good.. And undefeated which means a lot in my book
2. Bay- maxpreps has them as 6-1.. one loss but very deep and talented. If they play defense they're #1 and likely unbeatable
3. Wonderview- maxpreps has them 8-1.. Didn't lose much from last years team and it shows
4. Jasper- MP has them 7-1.. I believe they have a lot of size but other than that I really don't know
5. Alpena- MP has them 6-0 but I believe they have lost one.. Beat Scranton though.. Maybe not #5 but good nonetheless

Norfork boys are also good, and Kirby is 6-1 and only lost at Emerson by 3.. Watch out for them!! County Line is 4-0 after starting 0-2. They're always a contender as well

Girls (Haven't kept up much)
1. Nemo Vista- I believe undefeated. #1 until someone can beat them
2. Kingston- Big win the other night against Valley Springs. Other than that.. Beats me
3. Wonderview- lost 65-60 vs Kingston in OT.
4. Kirby- destroyed Emerson girls unfortunately. Very good defense
5. ICC- I guess. Don't know enough about anyone else. I know ICC has lost some games.. I just don't know anything about anyone else

bulldog42

Flippin beat Alpena at Norfork.   Alpena plays ICC tomorrow at Flippin we will know more then

Mamba13

Boys:
1. Emerson
2. Wonderview
3. Bay
4. Jasper
5. Norfork

Girls:
1. Kingston
2. Wonderview
3. Nemo Vista
4. Kirby
5. ICC

Mr. Basketball

November 16, 2014, 04:54:06 pm #3 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 04:56:55 pm by Mr. Basketball
Quote from: bulldog42 on November 16, 2014, 02:44:53 pm
Flippin beat Alpena at Norfork.   Alpena plays ICC tomorrow at Flippin we will know more then

Flippin has lost at ICC by 7 and Norfork has lost at ICC by 3 in OT. Flippin has split with Norfork I believe both at Norfork (Flippin won first one by 5 and Norfork won second one by 10. (I think one was a benefit game.)  We will know more tomorrow though.

epotts

Norfork beat Jasper @Jasper about two weeks ago and Norfork beat Flippin by 10 @Norfork but lost by 5 in the benefit game to Flippin @Flippin

epotts

My picks are for Boys:
1. Bay
2. Norfork
3.ICC
4.Wonderview
5. Jasper

Mr. Basketball

Boys:
1. Bay
2. Emerson
3. Jasper
4. ICC
5. Norfork

Girls:
1. Nemo Vista
2. Kingston
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5. Western Grove

WhatsUrRingSize

Boys top 5
1. Bay
2. Emerson
3. ICC
4. Wonderview
5 a Norfork
5 b County Line

Baller_34

Norfork girls are definitely better than ICC. They beat them by 9 at ICC.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Baller_34 on November 16, 2014, 08:23:29 pm

I was going to ask about this...The girls look to be a 4 horse race this year....Nemo, Wonderview(if Zimmerman doesn't get hurt), Kirby and Kingston....I've seen 3 and Nemo looks to be the best so far...

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on November 16, 2014, 08:34:34 pm

I was going to ask about this...The girls look to be a 4 horse race this year....Nemo, Wonderview(if Zimmerman doesn't get hurt), Kirby and Kingston....I've seen 3 and Nemo looks to be the best so far...

If Kirby is the one you haven't seen don't be surprised if they aren't as good as the other 3. I haven't seen Nemo, Kingston, or Wonderview this year. I just know Kirby is probably by far the best team in that region. They may be no where near the other 3. I just can't see anyone beating a team that won state and did not lose anyone. Because didn't nemo start like 2 freshman and 3 sophomores last year?

And what about Hughes boys? I haven't heard anything about them. I think they are the only other undefeated boys team in 1a. Who have they beat?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on November 16, 2014, 08:41:45 pm
Quote from: HF on November 16, 2014, 08:34:34 pm

If Kirby is the one you haven't seen don't be surprised if they aren't as good as the other 3. I haven't seen Nemo, Kingston, or Wonderview this year. I just know Kirby is probably by far the best team in that region. They may be no where near the other 3. I just can't see anyone beating a team that won state and did not lose anyone. Because didn't nemo start like 2 freshman and 3 sophomores last year?

And what about Hughes boys? I haven't heard anything about them. I think they are the only other undefeated boys team in 1a. Who have they beat?

That sounds about right for Nemo...Scary thing for the rest of 1A? Their two best players are sophmores this year...

PuddlePirate12

When I heard the age of their starters at state last year I said even if they don't win this year they will be back. Then they won the whole thing. They could win 4 in a row with those sophomores if they have a good group of girls coming up behind them as well

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on November 16, 2014, 08:58:59 pm
When I heard the age of their starters at state last year I said even if they don't win this year they will be back. Then they won the whole thing. They could win 4 in a row with those sophomores if they have a good group of girls coming up behind them as well

Don't know what they have coming up behind them...But the 3(I know for sure 2 of them are) sophmores are good enough to get one their senior year by themselves lol...I watched them destroy a decent south side team a couple weeks ago..

PuddlePirate12

1a girls is pretty good this year I think. Several good teams but until someone beats Nemo they have to be the favorite by far

smackdat014

Boys:
1. Bay
2. Emerson
3. Wonderview
4. Kirby
5.  Jasper

epotts

Norfork beat Jasper on Jaspers own floor. One team I am suprised no one is mentioning is Scranton

J.D.

J.D.

Where, oh where, are Mulberry's girls?

Oh that's right.  I tend to forget this is Fearless Friday, where people base their poll off of what they read.

hillbillyball

Quote from: J.D. on November 17, 2014, 12:42:16 am

Oh that's right.  I tend to forget this is Fearless Friday, where people base their poll off of what they read.
Mulberry is top 5, now we have blown their cover  ;D I'm sure they just soon stay out of the picture til end of year.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: J.D. on November 17, 2014, 12:42:16 am

How are you suppose to know anything about a team nobody has said anything about. I don't even know who they have played

Baller4life23

Girls
1.Nemo
2.Kingston
3.Scranton
4.wonderview
5.mulberry

Boys
1.Bay
2.wonderview
3.Emerson
4.County Line
5.??

arstatechamp13

Boys
1. Bay
2. Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Jasper
5. County Line (just because I don't know)
Girls
Nemo
Wonderview
Kingston
Mulberry
ICC?

Bigbird2012

Boys
1) Emerson - this spot could possibly be Bay but I honestly don't like their cocky attitudes so I am gonna put Emerson for the time being
2) Bay
3) Norfork
4) Jasper
5) Kirby

Hogfan167

Don't think the Bay posters will be cocky anymore. They couldn't take the heat they were getting.

Bigbird2012

what's going on with Sparkman girls this year? Haven't had a chance to watch them but havnt heard of them winning any games. ???

RamAlum10

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on November 17, 2014, 01:04:17 pm
Boys
1) Emerson - this spot could possibly be Bay but I honestly don't like their cocky attitudes so I am gonna put Emerson for the time being
2) Bay
3) Norfork
4) Jasper
5) Kirby

Is the Sophomore Emerson guard worth coming to watch tomorrow night?

Bigbird2012

He is pretty good just needs to realize that he is a point guard and not a shooting guard but he is young and will learn that he is needed as a play maker. The Junior "revels" is defiantly one of the top 5 players in the state and from what I understand he has a few schools looking at him. McNeil who I also think is only a Sophmore is a really good shooter and has started to play defense the last 2 games so this will defiantly help and then there is Jackson a Senior who can jump out of the gym and he is a good player as well and really showed out the other night against Bradley. If this team can stick together and no get hurt they should have a run at the state title and if they can keep their coach they should be pretty decent next year also.

Quote from: RamAlum10 on November 17, 2014, 03:00:34 pm
Boys
2) Bay
3) Norfork
4) Jasper
5) Kirby

D6Bound

Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 17, 2014, 02:12:17 pm
Don't think the Bay posters will be cocky anymore. They couldn't take the heat they were getting.
The Nation's arrogance can't be contained forever. It will return

Shady

November 17, 2014, 04:38:58 pm #29 Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:42:53 pm by Shady
Quote from: D6Bound on November 17, 2014, 04:17:32 pm
Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 17, 2014, 02:12:17 pm
The Nation's arrogance can't be contained forever. It will return
Just glad to see Bic didn't shoot 85 percent on them because I'm not sure the Tribe's ego could've handled another Loss.

1. Emerson
2. Bay
3. Norfork
4. Wonderview
5. Jasper

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on November 17, 2014, 03:56:42 pm
He is pretty good just needs to realize that he is a point guard and not a shooting guard but he is young and will learn that he is needed as a play maker. The Junior "revels" is defiantly one of the top 5 players in the state and from what I understand he has a few schools looking at him. McNeil who I also think is only a Sophmore is a really good shooter and has started to play defense the last 2 games so this will defiantly help and then there is Jackson a Senior who can jump out of the gym and he is a good player as well and really showed out the other night against Bradley. If this team can stick together and no get hurt they should have a run at the state title and if they can keep their coach they should be pretty decent next year also.

Boys
2) Bay
3) Norfork
4) Jasper
5) Kirby

The Junior Tavion Revels can almost score at will. If he needs to score 30 for Emerson to win then he does but he would rather set his teammates up and make a good pass than score every trip down the floor. He can post up, drive, pull up, or shoot the three. If you foul him he will make his free throws. I remember going to watch them play at the dual state tournament last year and one of Emerson's starters and big scorers went out in the first quarter with a sprained ankle. Revels put the team on his back and scored something like 38 points. Emerson still lost but him scoring like that on a team like Junction City shows he is man. He is also a very good guy with a good attitude. He is definitely worth the drive even if he doesn't score 30

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: epotts on November 16, 2014, 11:49:00 pm
Norfork beat Jasper on Jaspers own floor. One team I am suprised no one is mentioning is Scranton

Scranton boys..? I'm pretty sure they lost three games in a row to jasper, Wonderview, and alpena.. And in the alpena game Roby went off for 52.. It seems they don't have a good supporting cast for their two best players to work with. I thought they would be good too. They lost their big man from last year and it must be what is hurting them

J.D.

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on November 17, 2014, 08:17:13 pm

Boys
2) Bay
3) Norfork
4) Jasper
5) Kirby

The Junior Tavion Revels can almost score at will. If he needs to score 30 for Emerson to win then he does but he would rather set his teammates up and make a good pass than score every trip down the floor. He can post up, drive, pull up, or shoot the three. If you foul him he will make his free throws. I remember going to watch them play at the dual state tournament last year and one of Emerson's starters and big scorers went out in the first quarter with a sprained ankle. Revels put the team on his back and scored something like 38 points. Emerson still lost but him scoring like that on a team like Junction City shows he is man. He is also a very good guy with a good attitude. He is definitely worth the drive even if he doesn't score 30

This kid can go.  I watched him last year in the state tournament.  He did everything he could against Concord and even helped give Emerson a lead going into halftime. 

AVGBBFAN

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on November 17, 2014, 12:57:45 pm
Boys
1. Bay
2. Wonderview
3. Emerson
4. Jasper
5. County Line (just because I don't know)
Girls
Nemo
Wonderview
Kingston

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I think you are spot on.
Mulberry
ICC?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: J.D. on November 17, 2014, 11:39:17 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on November 17, 2014, 08:17:13 pm

Boys
2) Bay
3) Norfork
4) Jasper
5) Kirby

This kid can go.  I watched him last year in the state tournament.  He did everything he could against Concord and even helped give Emerson a lead going into halftime.

The funny thing is he moved to Emerson in like the 4th or 5th grade.. Or somewhere in there.. And before he started 7th grade he never played basketball a day in his life. It just comes natural to him. Not that he hasn't worked hard because he has but so have other people and he's head and shoulders above them

Jacket_10

November 18, 2014, 03:00:23 pm #35 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:02:13 pm by Jacket_10
Girls top 5
Nemo Vista-state champs last year & still undefeated
Kingston-big win over valley springs & Wonderview
Mulberry-only loss to Nemo
Scranton-defeated Wonderview
Wonderview-will be in the top 4 of state when it's tourney time
Honorable mention
Kirby
ICC

Just my opinion

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Jacket_10 on November 18, 2014, 03:00:23 pm
Girls top 5
Honorable mention
Kirby
ICC
Is scranton really that good? Still a good win, but wasn't Zimmerman out for that game and scranton barely won.

Just my opinion

ballmember

Heard wonderview girls beat Valley Springs girls at Valley?  I heard that somewhere but get no confirmation or any particulars about the game?  thanks. 

HorseFeathers

Girls top 5
Honorable mention
Kirby
ICC

Just my opinion

Finally our resident Mulberry poster makes an appearance...

Mufasa012

How many did mulberry loose to nemo by?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mufasa012 on November 18, 2014, 05:36:35 pm

Less than 10 I believe....pretty sure Mulberry led the whole game as well before letting it get away(Jacket_10 posted score updates for that game on here)

Jacket_10

Quote from: HF on November 18, 2014, 05:37:31 pm
Quote from: Mufasa012 on November 18, 2014, 05:36:35 pm

Less than 10 I believe....pretty sure Mulberry led the whole game as well before letting it get away(Jacket_10 posted score updates for that game on here)
we lost by 3. Did lead the whole game till 30 sec to go. Tough loss. We in Lamar right now getting hammered. Our point guard out with ankle injury. She be back soon though.

Jacket_10

Quote from: HF on November 18, 2014, 05:31:22 pm
Girls top 5
Honorable mention
Kirby
ICC

Just my opinion

Finally our resident Mulberry poster makes an appearance...
Yes sorry been out of pocket a few. We beet Waldron the other night and western Yell.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas