• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 11/7

Started by bulldog42, November 07, 2014, 08:05:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

November 07, 2014, 08:05:07 am Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:16:29 pm by bulldog42
Here are the games for tonight 11/7 per AHSAA, I have grouped by conference, * denotes conference games. Let me know if I left anything off or if there are corrections.

1A1W
County Line @ Oark (Boys)*
Jasper @ Kingston (homecoming)
St Paul @ Omaha

1A1E
Bruno @ Flippin (Bruno's Senior teams will play Flippin's JV)
Jasper @ Kingston
Bergman @ Lead hill
St. Paul @ Omaha
Concord @ St. Joe

1A2S
Bradford @ White County Central
Concord @ St. Joe
Cotter @ Rural Special
Guy Perkins @ Shirley
SSBB @ Nemo-Vista
Lisa Academy @ Timbo

1A2N
ICC @ Norfork *
Maynard @ Mammoth Spring

1A3E
Armorel @ Riverside
Maynard @ Mammoth Spring

1A5N
Abundant Life @ Conway St. Joseph
Guy Perkins @ Shirley
SSBB @ Nemo Vista
Lisa Academy @ Timbo
Academics Plus @ Sacred Heart
Wonderview @ Valley Springs (This is Valley's Homecoming)

1A7W
Sparkman @ Oden
Umpire @ Nevada

1A7E
Dermott @ Bradley
Umpire @ Nevada
Sparkman @ Oden
Taylor @ Blevins

Catfish

Concord goes to St. Joe.

bulldog42

Hurricane

Sr boys halftime:
Valley Springs 38
Wonderview    34

Hurricane

Sr boys final
Valley Springs 64
Wonderview    53

HorseFeathers

nemo girls won big...nemo boys were up 8 with a minute when i left..

Silky Johnson

Sounds like Valley Springs and Wonderview had a good game.

Silky Johnson

November 07, 2014, 09:22:19 pm #7 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:31:38 pm by Silky Johnson
What hurt Wonderview? 
One thing that hurt bay was Valley Springs getting hot toward the end and hitting about 12 3's for the game. Bay finished with 4. Valleys tallest guy came in and hit one in the last 20 seconds and #20 for Valley Springs hit 4 big shots that were 3's and finished with 5. Then their PG dropped 29.

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Hurricane on November 07, 2014, 08:25:14 pm
Sr boys final
Valley Springs 64
Wonderview    53
Looks like that Bay OT win over Valley was a little better than a lot of yall thought. Wonderview #1 I don't think so

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on November 07, 2014, 09:23:20 pm
Sr boys final
Valley Springs 64
Wonderview    53
Looks like that Bay OT win over Valley was a little better than a lot of yall thought. Wonderview #1 I don't think so

Bay got Valley Springs on a neutral court to start the season.....Wonderview got Valley Springs in their home gym on their homecoming night..

bobcats

Sr boys final
Valley Springs 64
Wonderview    53

Very average 1A team.  Weak guard play.  I have seen a number of 1A teams better than Wonderview.

Silky Johnson

November 07, 2014, 09:56:20 pm #11 Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:58:09 pm by Silky Johnson
How did Wonderview do against the press?

Also did Armorel beat Shirley at the bad boy mower classic? I never got any confirmation.

Mamba13

Boys final

Lead Hill 51
Bergman 49

Got to travel home to watch an old rivalry great game fans were into it Lead Hill is much improved from last season fundamentally and played well together!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bobcats on November 07, 2014, 09:43:36 pm
Sr boys final
Valley Springs 64
Wonderview    53

Very average 1A team.  Weak guard play.  I have seen a number of 1A teams better than Wonderview.

4 starters back from last years state runner up...What 1A teams have you seen this year better than Wonderview?

ballmember

I am not from Wonderview, and they aint average 1A team.    I think overall A ball is down some,but Wonderview may be as good as anyone else. dont know.   They definitely are a top 10 1a team.   Valley Springs boys may not fare as well away from their home court.   However, 3A may be down also, just dont know too early in year.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on November 07, 2014, 10:13:17 pm
I am not from Wonderview, and they aint average 1A team.    I think overall A ball is down some,but Wonderview may be as good as anyone else. dont know.   They definitely are a top 10 1a team.   Valley Springs boys may not fare as well away from their home court.   However, 3A may be down also, just dont know too early in year.   

The night I watched them beat County Line I came away feeling like if you take Bay out of 1A. THen Wonderview would be the "Favorite" this year....

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: HF on November 07, 2014, 10:16:45 pm

The night I watched them beat County Line I came away feeling like if you take Bay out of 1A. THen Wonderview would be the "Favorite" this year....
This time of the year you just never no bc Bay hasn't played a 4 qtr game yet.

bscinar

November 08, 2014, 12:17:29 am #17 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 12:19:18 am by bscinar
Quote from: WhatsUrRingSize on November 07, 2014, 10:35:57 pm
Quote from: HF on November 07, 2014, 10:16:45 pm

This time of the year you just never no bc Bay hasn't played a 4 qtr game yet.
We will know a week from today.  Bay plays at Marmaduke and at BIC next week.  Two big tests  coming up and the boys better be ready to play.

smalltowngirl

How did the Wonderview vs Valley girls game come out?  Did Zimmerman play?

arstatechamp13

Wonderview has got to be at the top of the list. I haven't seen a good team yet in 1A.  Wonderview has experience. They're going to go far. You put Concord's state championship team in the mix of this season and I guarantee they would blow out almost every 1A team. There's a big group of teams this year playing on the exact same level. Most of these games are won by just a few points. I think just about everybody can beat everybody.

Clutch03

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 07, 2014, 09:22:19 pm
What hurt Wonderview? 
One thing that hurt bay was Valley Springs getting hot toward the end and hitting about 12 3's for the game. Bay finished with 4. Valleys tallest guy came in and hit one in the last 20 seconds and #20 for Valley Springs hit 4 big shots that were 3's and finished with 5. Then their PG dropped 29.

Wonderview missed quite a few layups and when they got the ball down low outside the lane either they took an extra dribble and turned it over or passed it back out instead of just shooting the easy uncontested shot but everything factors in. From what I seen this costed them the game..but the game was close throughout till the end game ..quick fouls to stop clock free throws mainly why the 11pt win..nobody likes to lose but if Wonderview had one to lose this would be the one...these boys will be determined to improve

Clutch03

Quote from: smalltowngirl on November 08, 2014, 09:01:42 am
How did the Wonderview vs Valley girls game come out?  Did Zimmerman play?

Yes, she played and they won..

bball101

How did Armorel do at Riverside last night? Anyone have the score?

NEA Razorback olfan

Riverside won
Per Jonesboro Sun
Can't remember the final

emthawg

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 08, 2014, 07:30:45 pm
Riverside won
Per Jonesboro Sun
Can't remember the final

Riverside 69 Armorel 45

Ballhearts

Shirley beat guy 87 to 94 and 3 of top players fouled out but their guard number 12 ran the show

Moonshiner

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on November 10, 2014, 11:40:40 am
Shirley beat guy 87 to 94 and 3 of top players fouled out but their guard number 12 ran the show

Wow high scoring game.

Ballhearts

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 10, 2014, 12:28:55 pm
Quote from: Ballhearts12 on November 10, 2014, 11:40:40 am

Wow high scoring game.

Yeah it was good game Shirley's big fouled out as well as two of their top guards but they had some players step up number 12 left a mark on just about every play see him as a threat in future only a junior and they had a big come in for there best big and he played great game but shirley held it together . For guy they shot the ball a lot 21 did a lot of work seemed like 12 from Shirley and 21 from guy were going head to head also guy had a number 55 kid come in and hit few big shots to help them

SoftballMom

Anyone know what the Norfork - ICC score was; trying to catch up with being out.

Mr. Basketball

Quote from: SoftballMom on November 12, 2014, 09:02:08 am
Anyone know what the Norfork - ICC score was; trying to catch up with being out.

ICC boys 64 Norfork 61 OT

SoftballMom

Any word on the girls score?

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on November 12, 2014, 09:32:29 am
Quote from: SoftballMom on November 12, 2014, 09:02:08 am

ICC boys 64 Norfork 61 OT

Moonshiner

Don't know the score but I heard last night that Norfork won by 10.   Which is a shocker.

Basketballfan13

Quote from: Moonshiner on November 12, 2014, 10:22:34 am
Don't know the score but I heard last night that Norfork won by 10.   Which is a shocker.
Norfork girls beat icc by 10?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 12, 2014, 12:14:55 pm

Gonna go do some "leg" work and confirm this one...but if so there goes there top 5 claims right out the window....

J.D.

Quote from: HF on November 12, 2014, 07:57:58 pm
Quote from: Basketballfan13 on November 12, 2014, 12:14:55 pm

Gonna go do some "leg" work and confirm this one...but if so there goes there top 5 claims right out the window....

That ship sailed a while back. 

Mr. Basketball

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 07, 2014, 09:56:20 pm
How did Wonderview do against the press?

Also did Armorel beat Shirley at the bad boy mower classic? I never got any confirmation.

Yes. Armorel beat Shirley by about 14 I think at Bad Boy Mowers Classic

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas