• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norfork Sr. Boys?

Started by Woodrow1, October 22, 2014, 01:53:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodrow1

EPotts, any news on the Panthers?  I know they got a new coach and some move ins.  How is it all coming together? 

Woodrow1

Go to see Norfork's Senior Boys for the first time last night.  Big, Athletic, defend well, and patient on offense.  This team is someone to watch out for in February/March.  Coach Laymon has come in and totally changed styles in a short period of time, and it seems like the players have bought in.  If he had been there last year, they probably would have played in the finals and possibly won it.  I was impressed.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 19, 2014, 10:07:21 am
Go to see Norfork's Senior Boys for the first time last night.  Big, Athletic, defend well, and patient on offense.  This team is someone to watch out for in February/March.  Coach Laymon has come in and totally changed styles in a short period of time, and it seems like the players have bought in.  If he had been there last year, they probably would have played in the finals and possibly won it.  I was impressed.

They must not have been in 1a last year. Nobody was beating Concord

epotts

Yes. they were in 1A last year. They got beat by Caddo Hills in the first round last year.

lorettalynn

Clancie will take far in the playoffs

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on November 19, 2014, 10:07:21 am
Not a fan of Norfork but I agree with this post. They had ALOT more talent last season then they do this season. Just the problem with last years squad is that they didn't play disciplined.

BasketballNeverStops

Norfork was pretty good last year but I don't think they would've beat Concord. They ran the table in 1A and there was no way they were going to hand the title over. Won all 4 state games by an average of 15 points a game.

Moonshiner

Would've been an interesting matchup. Norfork was loaded with talent.  Some will always blame the coach, and might be justified here, but I'm not sure the players realized what they had to do in order to be successful. Whoever crossed half court with the ball in their hands usually shot it.
I haven't seen this years group yet, but I'm betting they are more disciplined.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas