• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-5A North

Started by Optimus Prime 2.0, June 21, 2014, 11:19:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimus Prime 2.0

Anyone know anything about the class 1A 5 North conference next year? I hear that both Nemo Vista and Wonderview will be loaded once again. What about the other teams in the conference? MVE, Sacred, Guy-Perkins?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Optimus Prime 2.0 on June 21, 2014, 11:19:30 pm
Anyone know anything about the class 1A 5 North conference next year? I hear that both Nemo Vista and Wonderview will be loaded once again. What about the other teams in the conference? MVE, Sacred, Guy-Perkins?

Girls...Nemo/Wonderview will co-host the 2nd annual Girls Conway County Invitational for the state title next season...or should :D
look for MVE to probably collapse next year...Heather Prowse graduating will be a huge blow to that program...
The rest of the conference...Yawn..

ballmember

i hope Nemo and Wonderview girls playing for title, however,  need to look at roster next fall at ICC. could be awesome. 

J.D.

Quote from: ballmember on June 22, 2014, 06:56:16 pm
i hope Nemo and Wonderview girls playing for title, however,  need to look at roster next fall at ICC. could be awesome. 

Kingston/Mulberry/Kirby will still bring back a bulk of their teams as well.  Just depends on how much everybody improves over the summer. 

As far as the conference outside of Nemo and Wonderview... Eh.  I think MVE could be better than what people give them credit for but they are not a threat to either of those teams. I could see MVE an Sacred fighting for 3rd/4th but that's about it.  Teams from the conference on the other side of the Region will be better. Concord/West Side will be better than they were last year.

FreeMoney

Breaking news/ rumor. Lady RedHawks getting a QUALITY move in.  Local girl too.

J.D.

Quote from: FreeMoney on June 24, 2014, 09:27:10 pm
Breaking news/ rumor. Lady RedHawks getting a QUALITY move in.  Local girl too.

Yikes

HorseFeathers

kinda scary for the rest of 1a

FreeMoney

If this happens you can mail the trophy to Center Ridge Arkansas next year. Book it!

J.D.

Quote from: FreeMoney on June 25, 2014, 09:58:20 pm
If this happens you can mail the trophy to Center Ridge Arkansas next year. Book it!

All though this is very possible, Wonderview will still be a factor.

FreeMoney

Quote from: J.D. on June 26, 2014, 06:54:58 pm

You are as knowledgeable as anyone on Class A basketball JD but if this happens it's all over. IMO this girl was better than anybody Nemo had LAST year. WV didn't seem to have any answers before then they sure won't now. Unless Simon allows a few other good players to start playing instead of standing around watching one player shoot floaters. Dig is intentional lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FreeMoney on June 26, 2014, 10:38:34 pm

You are as knowledgeable as anyone on Class A basketball JD but if this happens it's all over. IMO this girl was better than anybody Nemo had LAST year. WV didn't seem to have any answers before then they sure won't now. Unless Simon allows a few other good players to start playing instead of standing around watching one player shoot floaters. Dig is intentional lol

Kinda what I was thinking...Where is this girl moving in from?

J.D.

Quote from: FreeMoney on June 26, 2014, 10:38:34 pm

I'll take your word for it man.
Just gives me another reason to go catch an early game at Nemo this year.

ballmember

What about the rumored move ins to ICC?  Isnt 2 girls from Melbourne moving there?  Not 1-5A basketball but might have a major influence on who wins the state?? 

FreeMoney

HF I won't say just yet but here's a clue. They say-- Isn't karma a funny thing? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FreeMoney on June 27, 2014, 09:35:49 pm
HF I won't say just yet but here's a clue. They say-- Isn't karma a funny thing? 

Girls and Move ins....For some reason in that area I'm thinking Guy lol

Basketballfan13

I was told by someone this weekend the move in was from Southside not sure if its true though.

gamechanger11

From what I hear its one from Guy that had some problems with team and didn't finish year this past season.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on June 29, 2014, 12:03:07 pm
I was told by someone this weekend the move in was from Southside not sure if its true though.

Not like that's a big stretch. Only about 20 miles between the two schools across Highway 92...I think one of the other girls moved in from South side during Jr High?

J.D.

Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 29, 2014, 01:18:16 pm
From what I hear its one from Guy that had some problems with team and didn't finish year this past season.

This. 

J.D.

Quote from: J.D. on July 12, 2014, 02:04:23 pm
Quote from: gamechanger11 on June 29, 2014, 01:18:16 pm

This.

One thing though, she didn't play at all last year did she?

gamechanger11

Yes she got hurt. Then came back a few games and was playing when the issues arose within the team at SH. Then quit the next day.

gamechanger11

Have hears that Concords best player in Sr G moving to Tex. Which will hurt a lot. Anyone else heard this?

AllForOne2020

What about Guy perkins and Sacred Heart girls? Also Abundant Life has been added to that conference anything in their group?

ab24

How will MVE be this year?

BasketballNeverStops

Sr. Girls
1. Nemo Vista-Not much of a question. Started two freshmen, two sophomores, and one junior last season and took home the state title. Could run the table in 1A and nearly everyone's favorite to repeat. 
2. Wonderview-Put up or shut up for Zimmerman in her senior campaign.
3. Sacred Heart-Heard they won't be bad this year.
4. Guy-Perkins-Believe their best player from last season transferred to Nemo.
5. MVE-Losing Heather Prowse and talented senior class to graduation is big loss, so it will be a rebuilding year.
6. Abundant Life-New conference mate
7. Lisa Academy
Note: Looking forward to December 16 when Nemo hosts Wonderview. Both Sr. High games should be good. 

Sr. Boys
1. Wonderview-Returning some talent from last season's state runner-up team.
2. Nemo Vista
3. Guy-Perkins
4. MVE
5. Sacred Heart
6. Abundant Life
7. Lisa Academy

Batman44

B-N-S, I went and watched Guy-Perkins practice the other day. Of course I'm no expert, and know nothing about the other teams, except Wonderview. BUT, and this is certainly not a slam on G-P, but I believe they will have to make great strides to attain 3rd in their conference. Certainly not like the teams in past years.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Batman44 on September 23, 2014, 12:38:51 pm
B-N-S, I went and watched Guy-Perkins practice the other day. Of course I'm no expert, and know nothing about the other teams, except Wonderview. BUT, and this is certainly not a slam on G-P, but I believe they will have to make great strides to attain 3rd in their conference. Certainly not like the teams in past years.
Ah I see. I'm the same way, not knowing much about the other teams just Wonderview. I just based it off of what little I can remember.

gamechanger11

Sr Boys

WV just because they played for the bling and return some good players
Nemo
Mt Ver.  But I could see any of these winning this conference
After those it gets weaker but if I go with one to go to reg it would be Guy

Sr. Girl
Nemo. Loaded better than last year
WV Best player couple of good shooters but nemo is better every where else
SH. Good young players but not enough to get by the two above
Guy/Mt Ver.
Abundant Life
Lisa

ab24

How will mt Vernon be compared to last year?  What about guy?

redhawkmomma

October 22, 2014, 10:14:27 am #29 Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 10:29:33 am by redhawkmomma
Nemo Vista girls won over ICC 39-25 last night (10/21). The Nemo Sr. Boys won also, not sure of final score, but won by like 15.

TimeManagement

Sr Girls
1. Nemo Vista- best TEAM in 1a because they play together
2.Wonderview -best player in 1a but dont play good team ball
3. MVE-them or Sacred Heart will be here by season end
4. Sacred Heart
5. Guy Perkins- they have the Smith girl and that it

Sr Boys
1. Wonderview- going to be great games between them and Nemo and the winner of those game will be top of conference
2. Nemo- very good team and got some transfers that will help a lil off the bench
3. Sacred Heart- always plays good as a team
4. MVE- not what they was last year but not a bad team
5. Guy perkins- lost the Campell Kid or they would be 4th

redhawkmomma

Nemo Sr. Girls over Shirley last night 71-22

NWA Hawg

What about boys game?

Silky Johnson

Quote from: fann07 on October 31, 2014, 11:25:54 am
What about boys game?

I read that Shirley boys won by 1.

bulldog42

NWA Hawg

Where at bulldog? If you seen it why didn't you just post the score instead directing me somewhere else?

HorseFeathers

72-71 was the score...

ballmember

Shirley-Nemo boys game was a wild one.  Kids from both sides did a good job of keeping their composure-probably shows that both sides well coached.  Officiating was absolutely erratic.  One official of that crew always stands out.   I certainly have nothing personal against any of them.  Some of us just aint cut out to be an official.     

benchMVP15

The boys side of this conference should be a good one. Wonderview is probably the only team that stands out from the rest, but on any given night MVE, Nemo, SH, or Guy could upset Wonderview. Should be some interesting conference games to watch

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas