• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3a - 3 REGION @ MANILA

Started by playthegame12, April 30, 2017, 08:47:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

playthegame12

What's the bracket looking like and your thoughts on teams?

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Clinton
Hoxie

Corning
Melbourne

Walnut Ridge
Mountain View

Rivercrest
Valley Springs

playthegame12

Hope to see Clinton, Rivercrest, Corning, & Walnut Ridge advance

Maximus Decimus Meridius

May 02, 2017, 10:09:10 am #3 Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 10:11:07 am by Maximus Decimus Meridius
Quote from: playthegame12 on May 01, 2017, 06:01:48 pm
Hope to see Clinton, Rivercrest, Corning, & Walnut Ridge advance

Good picks
Clinton and Walnut Ridge should advance
Rivercrest may have their hands full if they play like they did against Corning. Corning has beaten Melbourne twice already this year but an old coach always told me "it's hard to beat a team 3 times" but we shall see!

This region got the short end of the deal going up against region 2 which looks like

Bald Knob
Mayflower

Harmony Grove
Harding Academy

Rose Bud
Barton

Tuckerman
Glen Rose

Unless I've made a mistake which is very possible this late in the year!

beaverpride

I agree maximus, should be interesting for all 12 fans in attendence

playthegame12

Clinton 12 Hoxie 1
That coach sure is a mouthful he appealed everything that game.
Clintons been on FIRE lately

Riverside 10     Valley Springs 0
Didn't see much of this game but I heard they had solid hits
Walnut Ridge 7      Mt. View 1
I saw walnut ridge struggling a bit, but they came around
Melbourne     6       Corning 2
Melbourne is a good hitting team.  They just had their bats going at the right time

Maximus Decimus Meridius

Quote from: playthegame12 on May 07, 2017, 10:29:24 am
Clinton 12 Hoxie 1
That coach sure is a mouthful he appealed everything that game.
Clintons been on FIRE lately

Riverside 10     Valley Springs 0
Didn't see much of this game but I heard they had solid hits
Walnut Ridge 7      Mt. View 1
I saw walnut ridge struggling a bit, but they came around
Melbourne     6       Corning 2
Melbourne is a good hitting team.  They just had their bats going at the right time

Coach Brown from Hoxie had a right to on most of those. The runner from Clinton didn't tag up on the amazing line drive catch to LF..she took a couple of steps back but she was still 2ft from the bag, a couple of plays later on the line drive to RF the girl was thrown out at 1st..the illegal pitch should've been called way earlier..I mean we're in the 2nd inning and it's amazing that it gets pointed out with runners on 2-3(which I know that's how the game goes) but take away 1-2 those and may change some things up, not like Hoxie didn't put the ball in play against the Clinton pitcher.

In the late game Rivercrest dub Valley Springs 10-0

The Green Arrow

I would not be surprised if this region gets swept by region 2 which is who that meet with in state tournament. Bald Knob and Rose Buds are both elite teams and HG and Glen Rose are not push overs as a 3 and 4 seed. Nothing against the teams in this region but 2 is loaded.

playthegame12

I agree that some of those calls were kinda sketchy.  But clinton got the win and we can't change it now.  Yes, region 2 is fully stacked.  It will be a tough battle but anything is possible.  I agree that the girl looked to me like she was out on that throw from right field, and honestly I didn't see the illegal pitch till it was called.  I was more focused on the calls being made, but what's done is done. Clinton has done well.  Should be an exciting game against Glen Rose, heading that it's not a walk in the park with them.

Rivercrest did good also, they beat walnut ridge after 2 tough losses to them earlier in the season.  The pitchers change up was deadly as I saw, but clinton some how came around it.

Walnut ridge had a good game against Melbourne, I didn't get to see much of this game but it just seemed to be a hitting game. 

Hope for an exciting state tournament!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas