• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Results from 08/09 State Tournament

Started by IAFLAR7, August 27, 2009, 09:01:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IAFLAR7

August 27, 2009, 09:01:49 pm Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:11:09 am by salinecountyfan
http://www.arkwrestling.com/Wrestling%206a-7a.pdf

Bentonville has won it three years in a row. What is most important is that they won it this past season which was the first season the sport was sanctioned

Bentonville as well as some local teams such as Central and Catholic look to be good again.

Many of the Central and Catholic wrestlers attend the Pat Smith Wrestling Academy in West Little Rock.

For those not familiar with Pat Smith he was a 4 time national champion (first ever) at Oklahoma State and his brother is the head coach at OSU. This was a huge deal for Little Rock to bring him here.

Just trying to get anyone that is interested in learning about this sport more information.

muleshoe_forever

I think the interest will start to build in the coming season as more schools add the sport. I can't understand why it has taken this long to start up in Arkansas. It has been popular for years in the mid-west and even though we are a southern state, we do border two mid-western states (3 if you include Texas as mid-western as a good chunk of the state is).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas