• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6a-south, girls predictions-2009

Started by Mike Love, August 13, 2009, 06:49:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Love

I know its early, but after all summer watching teams, here goes:
1. Watson Chapel
2. Sheridan
3. Texarkana
4. El Dorado
5. Benton
6. Pine Bluff
7. Lake Hamilton
8. JA Fair

LionCatfan

Mike that is bold, daring, & EARLY!!!!
You must not go watch the oblong ball much?

LCfan

Mike Love

If Sheridan had an oblonged ball coach who could field a winner, and win more than 3 or 4 a year, I might get excited about it. Till then, I will stick to the 2 roundballs, 1 orange and 1 optic yellow. lol

suprstr30

August 13, 2009, 04:02:28 pm #3 Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 04:04:05 pm by suprstr30
i think i may agree with #1 but not sure about Sheridan and certianly not sure about Texarkana being 3rd.  They have one good player and thats about it.  El Dorado may step up big with a new coach and plenty of athletes.  Been hearing lots of good things so far.  Did Lake Ham lose so much that they'd go from state champs to 7th in conf??? ... i doubt it

Mike Love

Lake Hamilton lost the twin towers, the 2 best post together on 1 team in high school ever. They carried them. Then they lost 2 more starters, and the 1st off the bench also graduated. El Dorado Texarkana, take your pick. Sheridan will be much improved. If Benton can find an inside game, they could make noise.

LionCatfan

Quote from: Mike Love on August 13, 2009, 01:17:22 pm
If Sheridan had an oblonged ball coach who could field a winner, and win more than 3 or 4 a year, I might get excited about it. Till then, I will stick to the 2 roundballs, 1 orange and 1 optic yellow. lol
I feel your pain....back in the day (early 70's) Sheridan used to be a powerhouse in AA & could hold their own with anybody in their class. Is it your football field that when you kick a field goal or extra point it will land beyond the fence in a cemetery? 

LCfan

Mike Love

ha ha, that was the old stadium, where I played, as my kids like to say, in the stone age. We have a nice new stadium now, just waiting on a winner.

pantherpride222

1. Watson Chapel  -  Naisha James is the best guard in the league.
2. El Dorado  -  Plenty of talent and new coach will have them fired up.
3. Texarkana  - Very dangerous and talented, but a little wild and crazy.
4. Benton  -  Loads of experience led by Ashley Martindale.
5. Sheridan  -  Fiesty team that will be 6-1 at home in conference.
6. Lake Hamilton  -  Lost a lot of good players, but have a good coach.
7. Pine Bluff  -  Lost some good seniors, and JV not very good last year.
8. JA Fair  -  Still on the outside looking in for 09-10.

alpha wolf

Quote from: Mike Love on August 13, 2009, 09:22:35 pm<br />Lake Hamilton lost the twin towers, the 2 best post together on 1 team in high school ever. They carried them. Then they lost 2 more starters, and the 1st off the bench also graduated. El Dorado Texarkana, take your pick. Sheridan will be much improved. If Benton can find an inside game, they could make noise.<br />
Although I do agree about the Twin Towers,LH lost the entire starting five:  Jessica,Suzanne,Kelsey,Tori and Brooke to graduation, I still believe with the experience of Jasmine Collier at point Seniors Crystal Schaffer and Deeanna Motta and couple of Soph's coming in that they can still compete with any team in the conference don't count the Lady Wolves out just yet ...                THE ALPHA WOLF HAS SPOKEN

LionCatfan

Mike...looks like pantherpride222 & new poster alpha wolf has some different takes on the 6A South. Have you guys got that 6' 3" sophomore enrolled at SHS yet?

LCfan 

Mike Love

alpha wolf needs to stay out of grandma's pills, and pantherpride triple duece just got back from a summer trip to never, never land.Benton beat us at UALR team camp, a game in which they hit 11 threes, nobody could miss, but when it come down to the nut cuttin', it was the LadyJackets who took NLR to Double-sudden-death overtime, losing by 1, after our senior transfer-in from Poyen missed 2 lay-ups, and a freethrow  to win the game. She has since went back to Poyen, things are a lot easier in 1a than 6a. The LadyJackets will be hard to beat. How many teams are practicing, with their full squad, starting at 6:30 am, every morning. I just witnessed 1 of the most arduous, energetic, intense practices of my life, and I've been around Sheridan girls basketball for 20 years. I will say this, opposing teams had better be able to handle the rock, because we will take ir from you. Go LadyJackets!!! ;D

oldpantherfan

Hey Mike, you have probably seen more of the Benton girls than I have this summer, who are they looking at to replace Chilton in the middle? We have a lot of experience coming back, but not much size.

Mike Love

That will be their achilles' heel. They have Baily Smith, and kara Reynolds. Kara is more of a 3, but she will have to play around the basket, Baily is a banger, but not very fundamental, nor defensively. If the 3's don't fall, look for them to struggle. Martindale, Joanna and Julie  give them pretty solid guards, but you can't win in 6a without inside play.

oldpantherfan

You are right, Bailey will take up space, she will have to be physical. Kara fits well at the 3, possibly 4, but not big enough to man the middle. Hopefully they can play pressure and wear teams out.

pantherpride222

Mike, thats not very nice! LOL!  Just because me and wolf get on here and give our opinion about our teams, you say we are "on grandma's pills" and "from never never land".  Why is that?  Is your opinion on the 6a South girls the only one that is allowed and sane?  Your team has a lot of talent and a very good coach, but didn't Benton beat Sheridan several times this summer?  How could you put the Ladyjackets in front of the Lady Panthers? 

Mike Love

Tradition, talent, coaching.... plus the fact that the 2 new soph post never played in a "varsity" game against ya'll this summer. If ya'll hit the three, you will be tough, if not, your in trouble. i like the way we ended at UALR, the young post doing their jobs, and the guards, well, doing what they do. LH will not be a factor, in my opinion, too much to replace, with unproven players.

Mike Love

Well, mouth for th south, it shows how much you know in the brainiac. Our coach, introduced at last years state tournament as the "legend", calls his returning group of guards, 1 senior and 4 juniors, maybe the "best" group of guards he has ever had. 2 of them are returning starters, and both of them garnered post season honors last year. The 3rd guard spot will be a dogfight between the senior and 2 juniors. True, we will rely heavily on the 2 sophomore post, they have the ability, just not tested yet at the 6a level, and a 3rd soph will be used in a swing role, as well as another junior. I hope everybody thinks the Ladyjackets will be down, it will give us the advantage. Losing the player back to Poyen, after she played 60 games this summer will hurt,(What was up with that?) or has hurt, in that she took valuable floor time from the aformentioned 2 sophs, but it is what it is, and we will be a better team for it, it has made the team grow close and come together. The road to the 6a south championship will travel through Oliver Williams gym in Sheridan.

Mike Love

September 02, 2009, 09:59:57 pm #17 Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:07:03 pm by Mike Love
Hmmm...don't know what happened to the braniac's 2 post, they were on here, now they are not. Oh well, my last post was for him, or her, whatever the case may be. The grass is always greener. Well now, you can do a google/fearlessfriday search at the top of the page, enter in brainiac, and lo, there is the post. I am not seeing things, and guess who they fall under---the brainman.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas