• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UALR Team Camp

Started by Mike Love, July 26, 2009, 08:50:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Love

Sheridan went 3-0 in its first day today. WE will get our oil checked tomorrow, as we start the day off with NLR and then Bryant. Way to go Ladyjackets.

shaniqua

ya'll looked good when I saw you play Russellville yesterday! Vilonia girls beat NLR earlier today!   :o

pointer32

What teams played good today?  How does Russellville look with their new coach?

pantherpride222

How did the 6A South teams do at this camp?

shaniqua

July 28, 2009, 05:35:35 pm #4 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:53:59 am by shaniqua
I just saw the teams Vilonia girls played - their record was 10-2 (wins over Mtn Home twice, Mt Vernon Tx, NLR, Russellville, Greenbrier, Dardanelle, Benton, Sylvan Hills, and Bryant - losses were to Lonoke & Star City).  Russellville looks good with all those sophomores, plus Wiedower's sophomore daughter - very good young team with lots of potential. They lost to Vilonia in OT, and only lost to NLR by 1 pt, & I know they also lost a couple close ones to Sheridan.  If I had to pick the best team I saw, probably Star City. I suspect they will win state in their classification this year, they are very good.

Mike Love

It was a Star City -NLR final of the tournament. Sheridan made the semis, beating Russelville, Bryant before losing to NLR in sudden death double overtime by 1. After a rough day yesterday with losses to NLR(5), Bryant (5), Lonoke(6) Star City (11) and Benton (60, Benton was unconcious, hit 10 3's, Sheridan rebounded and played some of their best ball of the summer today. The young pups grew up today. They will have a say in 6a south.

Another note, I was very, very impressed with Vilonis all summer. Them and Greenwood will be the class of 5a west. I, after being able to watch, meet and talk with Coach Riley understand why they are so successful. Go Lady Eagles

pointer32

What makes them so successful?

Mike Love

I believe its Coach Riley's system. Everybody buys into his system, does things exactly his way, his offense, defense, just the way he coaches them, and gets the right people in the right spots. His guards are no bigger than leprechauns, but boy do the run his system well, and in doing so seem much bigger than they are.

T-Wacker

Quote from: Mike Love on July 28, 2009, 08:04:58 pm
Another note, I was very, very impressed with Vilonis all summer. Them and Greenwood will be the class of 5a west.

Siloam Springs has to be considered the front runner in not only the 5A West, but the entire 5A classification. However, due to the considerable coaching advantage that both Vilonia and Greenwood have over SS, all 3, along with CAC, will make noise next season.

Mike Love

I have seen CAC at 2 different team camps this summer, and unless they have a move-in or 2, they are a little down and will not be at the level of Vilonia or Greenwood.

Forrest City H

that's funny about Vilonia's "leprechauns"!   ;D  Often they will have 4 girls on the floor no bigger than 5'3". But they sure play big!

I agree about Siloam Springs - there is no way on earth they shouldn't win 5-A state this year.  If the Greenwood or the Vilonia coach had that group and their 6'4" monster, they would not lose a game this year. 

Mike, I was impressed with Sheridan - they seem inconsistent right now, but when they are good, they are very good! I think you have a good season looming.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas