• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patriot Arena

Started by referee1, July 13, 2009, 04:17:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

referee1

Marion's new jr high and basketball arena are nearing completion. The floor is in and seats are on the way. It is a nice facility. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.LOL

True Believer

I am SO excited for the first tour.   It really  looks nice from the outside. 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on July 14, 2009, 06:27:36 pm
I am SO excited for the first tour.   It really  looks nice from the outside. 

I'll just be glad when they pave the parking lot, just about choked to death at a baseball game there. J/K, we are jealous of anyone with new classrooms and facilities, in Jonesboro we can't pass a millage increase to get extra toilet paper.

True Believer

Are you talking about the baseball/softball complex parking lot?   I don't know if the city will EVER pave that.  And I agree.  We have that wonderful facility and then a gravel parking lot.   

I'm pretty sure they will pave the new Jr. High and Arena's parking lot. 

LionCatfan

Quote from: referee1 on July 13, 2009, 04:17:02 pm
Marion's new jr high and basketball arena are nearing completion. The floor is in and seats are on the way. It is a nice facility. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.LOL

Will it be utilized for the 2009-2010 season? If so, I am sure they will bid (and get) the 6A state tournament. Not a bad thing though as the WM facility is a great place to have a tournament & I am sure Marion won't be outdone.   

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on July 15, 2009, 12:15:04 am
Are you talking about the baseball/softball complex parking lot?   I don't know if the city will EVER pave that.  And I agree.  We have that wonderful facility and then a gravel parking lot.   

I'm pretty sure they will pave the new Jr. High and Arena's parking lot. 

It was actually the road that runs behind the outfield and the new buildings. I'm sure they had been hauling dirt in and with all the rain this spring the road had been covered with dirt. You sure knew when it was around 5, the traffic left out of the construction site and the prevailing wind blew the dust across the field. It wasn't that bad, but I had to get a cut in some how, you know this is a message board.

True Believer

July 15, 2009, 06:44:45 pm #6 Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 06:53:47 pm by True Believer
I understand.   Especially since Marion beat your team in machine pitch that year....j/k.

I don't hold it against Jboro because they beat us all the time...haha.

ricepig

July 15, 2009, 06:56:51 pm #7 Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:22:09 pm by ricepig
Quote from: True Believer on July 15, 2009, 06:44:45 pm
I understand.   Especially since Marion beat your team in machine pitch that year....j/k.

I don't hold it against Jboro because they beat us all the time...haha.

Well now that was on the fields by the railroad tracks, this was a different field and 8-9 yrs later, but who's counting. haha

True Believer

Oh Lordy.  K & R is by the tracks.  Spent many an hour there. 

I hate the gravel  by the way. 

herws

Glad Marion is getting this arena, if anybody needed a new gym it was Marion.

hoopswatcher

we sure did and I have pics of inside the new gym if someone can pm me and teach me how to post them I will.  I have a hard enough time trying to post let alone put a picture up

True Believer

I don't know how to post pics from a camera but I think fastdrop does.

BBALLFAN

Very nice... will make watching games much more comfortable

hoopswatcher

It is really nice. The concrete is stained and scored though out the entire building. And the lobby is really nice as well. Rumor has it a seat count was taken and it was the same exact capacity as WM new arena so 1 more seat was added so ours is bigger. LOL

ricepig

Quote from: hoopswatcher on August 22, 2009, 03:13:53 pm
It is really nice. The concrete is stained and scored though out the entire building. And the lobby is really nice as well. Rumor has it a seat count was taken and it was the same exact capacity as WM new arena so 1 more seat was added so ours is bigger. LOL

So there will be more as*** in Marion, than WM for BB games?

BBALLFAN

Doesnt look bigger to me but who knows. Just depends on who is winning more on who will have more tails there

Marionpats07™

Very nice, I love that huge Patriot logo at the top.

hoopswatcher

Quote from: BBALLFAN on August 22, 2009, 08:16:51 pm
Doesnt look bigger to me but who knows. Just depends on who is winning more on who will have more tails there

LOL-I made that last part up. An exact count has not been made yet but said to be around 2300 and I belive WM is about 2400. I have taken complete tours of both buildings and I think the amenities and the lobby at Marion make it more attractive building overall. But I am a little biased.LOL

True Believer

Our kids and parents really turn out for our basketball games.   I will now attend some because I could not stand to be all quished up in our old gym.

Way to go Patriots!!!    Looks great!

WMWRECKINGCREW

Quote from: hoopswatcher on August 23, 2009, 11:18:46 am
Quote from: BBALLFAN on August 22, 2009, 08:16:51 pm

LOL-I made that last part up. An exact count has not been made yet but said to be around 2300 and I belive WM is about 2400. I have taken complete tours of both buildings and I think the amenities and the lobby at Marion make it more attractive building overall. But I am a little biased.LOL
Yes you are!LOL  But it is a nice building.

True Believer

Thanks WMWC.   You have a nice arena yourself.   Something for both towns to be proud of for the coming basketball season.

redwolf143

Quote from: True Believer on August 23, 2009, 07:19:58 pm
Thanks WMWC.   You have a nice arena yourself.   Something for both towns to be proud of for the coming basketball season.

What I'd like to see is the two towns getting together and staging a national level invitiational Tourny.  Give both teams some visibility and experience and put WM/Mrn on the map in a positive way.  We now have the venues, all we need to do is get some big name schools to commit.

True Believer

Good idea RW.   Bray and Clay would probably like the exposure.   It would be good for both districts. 

hoopswatcher

Will never happen. The WM administration will NEVER agree to partnering with Marion on anything. Marion has approached WM on two other occasions and the AD at WM(a former Marion football coach) was all for the partnership but the upper admin said now way. The latest was hosting the state baseball tourney. Two fields are needed and Marion wanted to host on the new renovated baseball field and use the WM field as the second field. WM said no.

True Believer

Well then.   There you go.   How silly.

redwolf143

Quote from: True Believer on August 24, 2009, 03:41:10 pm
Well then.   There you go.   How silly.
Kessinger won't be here forever.  Things do change, look at yourselves for example, Dan is no longer ther when two years ago people were saying he would stay in the position untill death.

True Believer

This is true.  Hopefully instead of always pulling against each other the two communities will be able to work together.    I don't think it will be any time soon though.  Too many silly egos around. 

redwolf143

Quote from: True Believer on August 24, 2009, 04:28:28 pm
This is true.  Hopefully instead of always pulling against each other the two communities will be able to work together.    I don't think it will be any time soon though.  Too many silly egos around. 
agreed,  WM can't even seem to get along with themselves right now in the community.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas