• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hodgepodge

Started by westisgood, June 16, 2009, 09:25:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

westisgood

June 16, 2009, 09:25:21 am Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:51:56 pm by QF©

[/quote]

32-20

Smithian

June 16, 2009, 09:50:37 am #1 Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:52:49 am by Smithian
Quote from: westisgood on June 16, 2009, 09:25:21 am
Quote from: Smithian on June 16, 2009, 09:04:17 am

32-20
First, I didn't insult him and in my previous post I was complimenting him.

Second, you know he doesn't love you and you know where his heart is, so until you can prove me wrong, go away. Accept it, your God doesn't love you for being you, he loves you for what you gave him to come there.

Ty

Quote from: Smithian on June 16, 2009, 12:23:01 am
BHS simply didn't have the players for him to win with. Both times they played Southside we pounded them with size.

Their basketball program's only reason for existance is so students can show up and cuss at both boys and girls on the other team. If Bentonville was in any inner city conference or even the 6A or 7A Central, their student body and parents more than a few times would have had some severe arse whippings.

Maybe that job will become more attractive when the people around it don't act like trash human beings, including that boot wearing woman Mrs. West and its student body. After they made multiple Southside sophomore girls cry when Southside BBall visited their crappy gymnasium, I realized how horrible that school is and the people that make it up. For a school that bangs its chest right and left about being awesome, I find it hilarious their one successful sport is coached by someone from Southside... Amazing what a blue collar attitude can do. Bentonville needs to look at itself in the mirror and ask what they expect of themselves and people's willingness to be there when the whole school and everything related to it has the smell of pure smug. The fact Barry Lunney can succeed in that environment that gives many of those teenagers a false sense of superiority is a true win on his part in my view especially knowing how he built his program here.
Plain and simple, success came to the Bentonville football program way to fast.

Population surge + Hiring one of the top coaches in the state, if not top + Wal-Mart = One of the top football teams in the state.

What hasn't been impressive is the way the district and especially the students have handled the situation. Much could be said of the same of Har-Ber High School.

Neither school has the tradition of Southside, Springdale, and LR Central it has shown both on and off the field at times.

Baitshop

As you have heard many times......."Money doesn't buy you class".......

Smithian

Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 10:00:42 amWhat hasn't been impressive is the way the district and especially the students have handled the situation. Much could be said of the same of Har-Ber High School.
I think every single Southside fan will defend the Har-Ber football program and athletics overall after the 8-7 semifinal game. Regardless who won that game, Har-Ber football grew up that night.

Baitshop

Quote from: Smithian on June 16, 2009, 09:04:17 am
Quote from: baitshop on June 16, 2009, 02:20:21 am
I have known Barry Lunney for almost 35 years and I am more than shocked that he could go from working with a consumate professional AD like Jim Rowland to working for someone that is probably more qualified to be working in the panty and bra section at Kmart than being an AD.....??..??

I have moved for money before......it was good for a while, as a matter of fact, 14 years......but Bentonville for Barry is what Dallas was for me.......a place to make money.....nothing more.

Mark my words, Tigers......when FSISD AD Jim Rowland retires.......Barry Lunney comes back home.....and for Barry and his lovely wife......that is Ft. Smith......money won't be the difference this time.....this is where he wants to retire......he told me that himself.....

Oh, and look for Robbie Jones to follow him back also......

Ty

Quote from: Smithian on June 16, 2009, 10:20:42 am
Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 10:00:42 amWhat hasn't been impressive is the way the district and especially the students have handled the situation. Much could be said of the same of Har-Ber High School.
I think every single Southside fan will defend the Har-Ber football program and athletics overall after the 8-7 semifinal game. Regardless who won that game, Har-Ber football grew up that night.
Absolutely correct.

Smithian

The first thing I notice on that list is the fact there is swimming and diving championships... And tennis... Two things I didn't know even were sponsored by the AAA. I will give BHS credit for unseating Southside as the elite team in the state last couple years in volleyball. I still stand by my point still overall. Your men's have not been competitive overall.

Ty

Quote from: Smithian on June 16, 2009, 04:24:55 pm
The first thing I notice on that list is the fact there is swimming and diving championships... And tennis... Two things I didn't know even were sponsored by the AAA. I will give BHS credit for unseating Southside as the elite team in the state last couple years in volleyball. I still stand by my point still overall. Your men's have not been competitive overall.
I'd take SS over Bentonville any day of the week in Volleyball.

Billyo62

You mean Baseball and Basketball?

Be thankful we are not good in those, or you guys would really have an uphill battle on these boards!  ;D

We did fire our Basketball coach! ( Which was not the problem )

Billyo62

Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 04:27:53 pm

We did win the last 2 state titles, but next year will be rough, we will be good but not at the same level.

Ty

Quote from: Billyo62 on June 16, 2009, 04:33:46 pm

We did win the last 2 state titles, but next year will be rough, we will be good but not at the same level.
SS has won the last 5 in a row and more than likely will increase it to 7 in Brione's and Allison's senior season. They have a drought coming in the years after that, though.

Billyo62

June 16, 2009, 05:12:59 pm #12 Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:15:55 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 04:50:01 pm

SS has won the last 5 in a row and more than likely will increase it to 7 in Brione's and Allison's senior season. They have a drought coming in the years after that, though.

Not in Volleyball, I thought that was what we are talking about!

Ty

Quote from: Billyo62 on June 16, 2009, 05:12:59 pm

Siloam Springs?

Billyo62

Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 05:16:18 pm

Siloam Springs?
I was thinking Southside.

Ty

Quote from: Billyo62 on June 16, 2009, 05:19:18 pm

Siloam Springs?
That's what I figured.

Billyo62

Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 05:27:22 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on June 16, 2009, 05:19:18 pm

Siloam Springs?
That's what I figured.

OK on to the 2A boards where they love us!  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas