• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If anyone wants to see some quality basketball...

Started by Ty, June 11, 2009, 05:52:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

some of the top teams in the area will be participating in the U of A team camp this upcoming weekend. Games start at 4:00 tomorrow afternoon and go all day saturday.

Ty

If you didn't show up, you missed some quality basketball.

The top 4 teams at camp were Farmington High School, Willard, MO, Springdale High School, and Arkadelphia.

Springdale, Arkadelphia, and Williard all three went at it the second day of camp producing some great games.

Ty

Quote from: QF© on June 16, 2009, 02:46:50 pm
::)
Any chance you saw the games QF?

Williard is one of the top programs historically in MO and have a great group of kids this upcoming season.

Arkadelphia returns everything from a season ago, where they barely lost in the first round of state. Many see them as one of the favorites in 4A this upcoming season.

Farmington is in the same boat as Arkadelphia, returning everything from a season ago. They lost to Osceloa by 4 in the 2nd round of state and are considered a favorite in class 4A this year.

Springdale was without 3 starters on Friday night due to injury (Baird, Dennis, and Kellog) and without 2 starters on Saturday (Baird and Dennis) yet gave Arkadelphia its only loss of the tournament in the last game of the day.

CardsQB12

June 16, 2009, 04:04:57 pm #5 Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:08:14 pm by CardsQB12
Quote from: QF© on June 16, 2009, 03:26:42 pm
Camp.

Exactly. Might as well be pick up ball.

Ty

Basketball is basketball, regardless of where you play it.

I tried to inform people of some of the top contenders in their classifications playing each other in Bud Walton Arena and your attitude got in the way.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 04:11:35 pm
I guess that's why you guys play Subiaco.

CardsQB12

Suuuuuuuuu-biaaaa-co! *Clap clap* *clap clap* *clap*

Ty

Quote from: QF© on June 16, 2009, 04:24:50 pm
I guess that's why you guys play Subiaco.
Considering they are one of the top 4A schools in the state the upcoming season, yes.

hoopsfan

Subiaco beat FT Smith Southside at the U of A at Fort Smith B Ball camp
last week.

Ty

Quote from: hoopsfan on June 16, 2009, 11:34:33 pm
last week.
Subiaco has two move ins, one of them a starting guard off of NLR's team last year.

They're going to be very good.

MrNiceGuy

Quote from: Ty on June 16, 2009, 11:36:28 pm
last week.
Subiaco has two move ins, one of them a starting guard off of NLR's team last year.

Summer basketball camp = NFL preseason football.

Ty

Quote from: MrNiceGuy on June 17, 2009, 11:25:11 pm
last week.

Summer basketball camp = NFL preseason football.
I didn't even mention Subiaco's success at Summer Camps.

The fact that they gained two very good players that join a few players that lead them to the semi's of state last season speaks for itself.

reggiebushfan

Possibly the most uneducated statement of the year.

That's like saying an AAU/MAYB game is the same as a 7A West conf. game.

Is it any wonder why kids can go off for 20 pts. in an AAU/MAYB game, yet they cant crack double digits in a conference game?

Trashy basketball isn't even the same sport as quality basketball.

I tried to inform people of some of the top contenders in their classifications playing each other in Bud Walton Arena and your attitude got in the way.

Quite Frankly

For his next trick, Ty will explain why Springdale will play Shiloh in basketball this season.

Answer:  Automatic "w" to make your record look good.

Ty

Quote from: reggiebushfan on June 23, 2009, 11:19:24 pm

Is it any wonder why kids can go off for 20 pts. in an AAU/MAYB game, yet they cant crack double digits in a conference game?

I guess a basketball camp ran by the premiere basketball program in our state is trashy basketball.

Gebhart and McMahan both had their teams there. They've had quite a bit of success lately. Might want to send them a message and tell them the work they put in with their players is worthless/trashy.

Fayetteville played such basketball powerhouses as LR Christian and Wynne last year in non-conference.

Springdale played Jonesboro and Conway.

Both teams played Hall.

Not to mention the fact that Springdale doesn't have any non-conference games with any schools smaller than 7A for the upcoming season, other than the follow up game with Subiaco that was part of a contract that was signed before Taylor was even hired.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Ty on June 24, 2009, 12:32:58 am

Not to mention the fact that Springdale doesn't have any non-conference games with any schools smaller than 7A for the upcoming season, other than the follow up game with Subiaco that was part of a contract that was signed before Taylor was even hired.

You play Shiloh don't you?

Plus those two coaches you mention only brought their teams to play, not to wn or prove anything.  They know it's just camp and time to let everyone play.

reggiebushfan

Quote from: Ty on June 24, 2009, 12:32:58 am
Quote from: reggiebushfan on June 23, 2009, 11:19:24 pm

I guess a basketball camp ran by the premiere basketball program in our state is trashy basketball.

Gebhart and McMahan both had their teams there. They've had quite a bit of success lately. Might want to send them a message and tell them the work they put in with their players is worthless/trashy.

Fayetteville played such basketball powerhouses as LR Christian and Wynne last year in non-conference.

Springdale played Jonesboro and Conway.

Both teams played Hall.

Read more and post less.

Where did i say anything bad about any camp or anything that these great coaches were doing?

I was simply pointing out that saying 'Basketball is basketball' sounds like a idiot talking. It sounds like an AAU coach/dad who thinks that winning a weekend tourney at the All-Star Sports Arena is a reflection of his great coaching ability.

I know both coaches personally, and they'd agree with me.

reggiebushfan

last week.

Subiaco will be very good, but yet again your facts are screwed up.

AAAspectator

inside report that Shiloh went 5-1 at UAFort Smith; beat Van Buren and played Northside to 10. That equals to nothing.

Shiloh and Sdale will play this year. Sdale will win.

Ty

Quote from: AAAspectator on June 24, 2009, 09:53:05 pm
inside report that Shiloh went 5-1 at UAFort Smith; beat Van Buren and played Northside to 10. That equals to nothing.

Shiloh and Sdale will play this year. Sdale will win.
Shiloh isn't on Springdale's non conference schedule.

LadyStang87

Isn't it "dead week" in Arkansas?  I didn't think that the school teams could play durning dead week.

Ty

Quote from: LadyStang87 on June 25, 2009, 09:11:01 am
Isn't it "dead week" in Arkansas?  I didn't think that the school teams could play durning dead week.
You're correct that it is dead week but this camp took place over a week and half ago.

LadyStang87

I thought that Arkansas Junior High and High Schools were in "dead week" this week and next?

LadyStang87

Sorry!! ;D   I was looking at the top of the page at the posts.  I was thinking that the most current posts were up top!!  So I posted twice.  Thanks! :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas