• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro Girls Head Coach open

Started by ricepig, April 28, 2009, 10:47:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Now that David Daniel has been named AD at JHS, there is an opening for the girls coach. Early rumors have Jason Smith of Nettleton coming over to take it.

shaniqua

I know a couple of Nettleton parents who are still grumbling about how badly Smith got outcoached in their state tournament loss to Vilonia. 

ricepig

We would be happy with a conference championship.

Adjudicator

Quote from: shaniqua on April 28, 2009, 06:53:43 pm
I know a couple of Nettleton parents who are still grumbling about how badly Smith got outcoached in their state tournament loss to Vilonia. 
If true, he's not the only 5A coach to get "out-coached" against Vilonia in the state tour.  Jason would be a good addition to JHS, should he be interested. 

JHS hit a home run by promoting David Daniel to the AD position.  He will be very good in that role.  Being a good coach himself, he will make sure JHS hires the very best boys and girls coaches they can get. 

neafbfan

ricepig

April 28, 2009, 08:17:40 pm #5 Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:19:14 pm by ricepig
Want to bet? You think Jenkins gets the job?

mrbball4040

Well if he got so outcoached, then why not inquire about riley at vilonia? Isnt he from that area? Seems a good fit.

Ty

Does this job have as much potential as the boys job at JHS? Just wondering.

Quite Frankly

You think your boy Taylor is interested Ty?

;D

neafbfan

ricepig

Can't believe he would be interested in the girls job, oh well.

shaniqua

Quote from: mrbball4040 on April 28, 2009, 10:12:15 pm
Well if he got so outcoached, then why not inquire about riley at vilonia? Isnt he from that area? Seems a good fit.

yes, he is from Tuckerman - not sure Vilonia to Jonesboro would be an 'upgrade'.  Jonesboro's gym is a dump, and something seems to be wrong with the girls program. Riley's Vilonia girls played Daniel's Jonesboro team in the Searcy Bank tournament last year and mercy ruled them.  Is there something wrong with the Jonesboro area junior high programs? Maybe someone close to the program can share what has been wrong the past few years?

ricepig

Quote from: shaniqua on April 29, 2009, 05:50:27 pm

yes, he is from Tuckerman - not sure Vilonia to Jonesboro would be an 'upgrade'.  Jonesboro's gym is a dump, and something seems to be wrong with the girls program. Riley's Vilonia girls played Daniel's Jonesboro team in the Searcy Bank tournament last year and mercy ruled them.  Is there something wrong with the Jonesboro area junior high programs? Maybe someone close to the program can share what has been wrong the past few years?

Without sounding too harsh, the Jr. Highs have been down on talent and could use an upgrade in coaching. It seems to me that some new blood could only help with getting kids to play and renewing the program.

LionCatfan

Quote from: shaniqua on April 29, 2009, 05:50:27 pm

Riley's Vilonia girls played Daniel's Jonesboro team in the Searcy Bank tournament last year and mercy ruled them. 

I am getting old but I don't think the 2009 State Champion Lady Eagles played in Searcy Bank Classic. They played Searcy in an exhibition game but not in the classic ....I think Searcy girls beat Conway in finals of classic....but like I said I am getting OLD.
ricepig...I think you hit the nail on the head ...whoever gets the JBR job will have to unite the JR High programs to solidify the high school. Not sure but I think that is partly the reason Searcy has been the beneficiary of previous JBR coach moving out.
No doubt about it she is an excellent coach...JBR's loss is Searcy's gain.

LCfan   

shaniqua

I said Vilonia beat Jonesboro girls "last year" in the Searcy Bank tournament. I meant the 07-08 season - it was something like 40-something to 12 going in the 4th quarter! Vilonia beat Pine Bluff in the Searcy Bank championship game, I should have said last season.  This season, they played in the Joe T. Robinson tournament instead. 

LionCatfan

Quote from: shaniqua on April 30, 2009, 05:07:32 pm
I said Vilonia beat Jonesboro girls "last year" in the Searcy Bank tournament. I meant the 07-08 season - it was something like 40-something to 12 going in the 4th quarter! Vilonia beat Pine Bluff in the Searcy Bank championship game, I should have said last season.  This season, they played in the Joe T. Robinson tournament instead. 

niqua,   told you I was getting old....did not catch the "last year" in original post. Can't see Vilonia's coach going anywhere soon as the Lady Eagle Express should be on the right track for a long time.

The Big Picture

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2009, 08:17:40 pm
Want to bet? You think Jenkins gets the job?

Jenkins would be an awful hire.  JHS can do much better than that, no matter what shape the program is in.

ricepig

May 01, 2009, 02:38:22 pm #17 Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 05:44:05 pm by ricepig
i agree 100%.

ricepig

Not hearing anything new on this, it may stay in-house. I guess they could annouce both a boys and girls coach tomorrow night.

Adjudicator

Heard that a former ASU asst women's coach has applied and looks to be a good candidate.  Anyone on the inside know about this?  I think her last name is Davis and she's originally from Flippin.

ricepig

May 12, 2009, 08:49:40 pm #20 Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:54:29 pm by ricepig
Jodi Davis, former ASU assistant, named new Girls Head Coach tonight.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas