• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone hearing II? (Bentonville Has Hired)

Started by Quite Frankly, April 14, 2009, 04:18:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithian

All jokes aside, BHS needs to start upping their offer. That is embarrassing.

Billyo62

Quote from: Smithian on June 23, 2009, 10:07:33 am
All jokes aside, BHS needs to start upping their offer. That is embarrassing.

My guess is ...even we don't have enough money!  ;D

Quite Frankly

http://www.nwanews.com/bcdr/Sports/74762/

Not completely stunned by this as his name came up in for during the last 2 head coach searches in NWA for 7A schools. 

Compton surely knocking on plenty of doors and though hard to read through coachspeak, Bowling gave a lengthy interview and said many of the correct things.  I'd ruled him out previously because I figured he not leave GCT so late, but as the first to give an interview to a reporter he certainly.

Of course his son Skyler is less than an hour from Bentonville at Missouri Southern as well.  Factor in getting married and the stars might align here for a good coach to fall into Bentonville's lap.

I will say this, it's crap to see them knocking on doors and going after so many coaches already under contract.  It's the public schools for gosh sakes.  To actively go after coaches under contract from other district is classless in my mind.  Just another case of the rich attempting to flex.

Bowlin and Bentonville would be a violatile mix if it happens.

Adjudicator

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Adjudicator on June 24, 2009, 09:08:52 pm
It won't happen.  He's staying at GCT.
Wouldn't doubt that a single bit.  They are just building up a damaged image by trying to flow through top of line coaches.  Which I mentioned in advance.  ;)  This one surprised me though.  Others are tight lipped that have done the same.

ricepig

Sources say McMahan to be named coach, of course they are unnamed.  ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: Adjudicator on June 24, 2009, 09:08:52 pm
It won't happen.  He's staying at GCT.

I don't know Bowlin from Adam....BUT, he has applied for or visited two 7A West positions in the last 2 years.....now, in my book, that sounds like a guy that would like to move up to a different level......or, someone who is just tired of the "Godzilla Skeeters" that swarm around Paragould.....

I bet you a dime to a dollar that, if offered, he takes the job......

Quite Frankly

June 25, 2009, 08:02:34 pm #107 Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:59:27 pm by QF©
It is official, McMahan has it.

ricepig

Quote from: ricepig on June 24, 2009, 09:39:26 pm
Sources say McMahan to be named coach, of course they are unnamed.  ;D

Told you so.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: QF© on June 09, 2009, 01:27:09 pm
McMahan-  Most of this is a repeat from other posts on this thread.  He's a good coach and won't be at SS much longer.  If offered he just has to decide if this is the right time and place to step up to the top.  Odds  4:1

Get out your tickets we have an official winner:

http://nwanews.com/story_breakingnews.php?id=418

Quite Frankly

An entirely mismanaged affair has come to an end with a hiring of a solid coach and guy.  Maybe now they will open the gym up for those kids!

Welcome to the next step Jason.  Good luck managing all the pitfalls that is the BHS school district and athletic program.

Smithian

Does McMahon have kids? If so, make sure if they're young that they don't sit near the student body at games.

Quite Frankly

A daughter around 9 months.

Expect changes in the conduct you're calling attention too.  ;)

Smithian

Any info would be appreciated. I am not advocating a Fort Smith school district type crackdown, but it needs to be curbed, ESPECIALLy in basketball where every word is heard.

I think Rogers has it right where they let them go ape crazy and break the smaller rules(Some chants, extreme dress, etc), and even have some smaller moments of craziness, but shut it down when it breaks down to general cursing and direct insults. The SMAT is still pretty tight.

Ty

Quote from: Smithian on June 27, 2009, 05:06:23 pm
Any info would be appreciated. I am not advocating a Fort Smith school district type crackdown, but it needs to be curbed, ESPECIALLy in basketball where every word is heard.

I think Rogers has it right where they let them go ape crazy and break the smaller rules(Some chants, extreme dress, etc), and even have some smaller moments of craziness, but shut it down when it breaks down to general cursing and direct insults. The SMAT is still pretty tight.
QF's right. He won't allow the stuff that has gone on in the pass to continue going on.

tigerSB99

Let's see how long it takes WEST to start micro managing this one, with all her prime experience of the coaching roll.. :P

Quite Frankly

Baitshop

I
Quote from: QF© on July 09, 2009, 01:19:13 pm
Appears as if they'll need plenty of chairs on the BHS bench.

http://nwanews.com/bcdr/Sports/75188/

I guess that West thought that the quality of coaches was not the only issue.....obviously, she felt like the quantity of coaches was lacking also.....

More likely, this additional expenditure by the BISD, is necessary because of no one wanting to take the job under West's previous expectations......

Smithian

Wait, three assistants? Haha. Southside has one... The great Pedro Sadler!

Baitshop

Quote from: Smithian on July 10, 2009, 04:03:27 pm
Wait, three assistants? Haha. Southside has one... The great Pedro Sadler!

Pedro= MR. EXCITEMENT!!

Quite Frankly

Pedro's not known for his churchlike word choices.  ;D

Smithian

Ty

Quote from: Smithian on July 10, 2009, 10:48:14 pm
Pedro is the best coach in the family.
Yeah. His brother can't coach a lick.

T-Wacker

I don't even think he played basketball in high school. Heck of a baseball player, but basketball?

Smithian

Don't really know... I just know he is the most amazing, awesome, "gangster" assistant BBall coach in the state of Arkansas.

Baitshop

Quote from: Ty on July 10, 2009, 11:14:58 pm
Yeah. His brother can't coach a lick.

I assume you are kidding.........Doc could coach the balls off of King Kong........

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas