• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jonesboro boys basketball position open.

Started by John M., April 13, 2009, 08:34:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

John M.

woods

If it is true not suprised. He did one heck of a job of having them prepared every year. I hope retirement is enjoyable for him. Can you imagine the names that will line up for this job.

Baitshop

Do you guys think that Bill Taylor is kicking himself for taking the Manilla job already??

Or does his shtick only work at smaller schools where there is less competition??

herws

Oh Taylor will be after this one. Here is the list:

1. Taylor
2. Bowlin
3. McCord
4. Gross
5. Swift

Don't be surprised if ANY of these 5 get it.

HOGDOG

Wilson will be a good candidate. He is a quality coach that had good success at MaCarthur. I understand that is much different than high school. No guarantee that any of those coaches would be better than him though and he has been loyal to Jonesboro not taking other jobs I am sure he could of had

godeep

Herws I believe any big name coach in NEA would be dumb not to look into this job. I really don't see Taylor in the running after signing with Manila. Bowlin will play the two against each other and stay at Tech. Mccord's ressume might not stand up. I can see Gross. I think that is his dream job. My gut tells me Swift will make big run at NLR job when it comes open. Heard a couple more NEA names that suprised me but I can see where it could work. 

herws

Swift would be a great fit for this program and it wouldn't surprise me to see his name surface. That is just what my gut tells me.

There will be a lot of interest from all over but the five I listed is who I believe will be there at the end.

godeep

There is no doubt in my mind Swift would be outstanding. I think your list did a good job of factoring in politics to the mix. Don't forget David Daniels!

herws

I think the AD job would be more atrractive for DD. Thats why I didn't add him.

shaniqua

Quote from: godeep on April 14, 2009, 01:57:42 pm
There is no doubt in my mind Swift would be outstanding. I think your list did a good job of factoring in politics to the mix. Don't forget David Daniels!

Does Daniels enjoy coaching the Jonesboro girls? They sure haven't looked very good the last few years. 

Missco

No doubt, Swift then Bowlin and then Gross.

OC

Gross, Swift toss up.  Bowlin has the set up where he is.  Daniel is still in the mix for sure.

Swift has two rings, AA and AAAA, and is one of the best.
Gross has three conf. championships and 9 AAAAA state tournament appearances, and is one of the best.

Like I said, toss up.  Both are tremendous coaches.  Oh, Bowlin can coach as well :)

herws

This job is DD's if he wants it. If he doesn't then the others come into play.

herws

April 16, 2009, 09:47:08 am #14 Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 10:31:56 am by herws
What people don't realize is that with Swift you are getting more than state titles and tourney appearances. There are some extras within the program he can help with that are gonna boost a place liKe JB.

OC

Quote from: CASPER on April 16, 2009, 09:19:52 am
I really don't think that Gross is in Swift league.  I think Swift is a upper level coach and Gross is on a level below him. I do think Gross is a good coach but not on Swift's level.

You don't know basketball then.

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: CASPER on April 16, 2009, 09:19:52 am
I really don't think that Gross is in Swift league.  I think Swift is a upper level coach and Gross is on a level below him. I do think Gross is a good coach but not on Swift's level.

Wow.  I disagree with that.  BOTH are good....VERY GOOD.

hoops22

It is a 2 man race between Gross and Swift.

herws

I think it is a little early to say that but if these two are the last two to pick from they have their choice at two very good coaches.

ricepig

Heard today that Dion Cross, Asst. Coach and former PV player has asked to be interviewed. I think he also played a little ball at Stanford.

ballfan01

I think swift should be the frontrunner.  Any word on Taylor sniffing around this job?

Baitshop

Quote from: ballfan01 on April 20, 2009, 11:36:57 am
I think swift should be the frontrunner.  Any word on Taylor sniffing around this job?

You would think that he would have to "sniff" quietly.......he has not even moved to Manilla yet though.....but it would not bode well for him if he was after the Jonesboro job, didn't get it, and had to show up at Manilla with egg on his face in September......

John M.

Quote from: baitshop on April 21, 2009, 10:10:37 am

You would think that he would have to "sniff" quietly.......he has not even moved to Manilla yet though.....but it would not bode well for him if he was after the Jonesboro job, didn't get it, and had to show up at Manilla with egg on his face in September......

It's Manila.

Baitshop

Quote from: John M. on April 21, 2009, 05:29:12 pm

It's Manila.

Sorry......now do you have an comment on what was the real crux of my post??

John M.

Quote from: baitshop on April 22, 2009, 10:15:19 pm
Quote from: John M. on April 21, 2009, 05:29:12 pm

It's Manila.

Sorry......now do you have an comment on what was the real crux of my post??

Nope.

neafbfan

Now that Daniels' is the AD, will he be able to lure Matt away from UCA?

neafbfan

The word on the street is a decision is coming soon via nearsports.

Rudehog

Coach Swift appears to be the likely choice.

herws

ricepig

fredthompson

Coach Swift will do great! Look for the young man that followed him at Hughes to follow him at Lonoke!

Equality

Swift to Jonesboro and Brannen to Lonoke?

OC

Lonoke will hire their assistant.  Was the head coach at CAC for a couple of years.

herws

neafbfan

Looks like,sounds like,feels like ................Swift.

Ron Mexico

Brad Brannon to Lonoke would open up the floodgates in NEA...

Baitshop

oldguy_21

He isn't going to Lonoke...no need to worry about flooding.

herws

Lonoke will hire from within. I don't know how Brad got thrown into this, maybe he was interested, I don't know. But Lonoke is pretty much done.

ricepig

Quote from: CASPER on May 06, 2009, 12:27:45 pm
Dang herws they must have been reading our post on Fearlessfriday! Tell your old man I said hello.  Swift will get it done at Jonesboro just like he did at Hughes and Lonoke.

He's got his work cut out for him, only one Sr. starter returning, how good of a recruiter is he?  ;D

herws

Like I said in another thread, the talent will have to regroup in a few to do damage. But those cats will be some man to man playin suckers next year, you can bet on that.

OC

T.W. doesn't really like to play man to man.......Why has it not been announced??

ricepig

Quote from: OC on May 06, 2009, 04:47:04 pm
T.W. doesn't really like to play man to man.......Why has it not been announced??

Maybe we don't want everyone to know that Terrance doesn't like to play man to man, watched him play the last two years and never knew that.

Rudehog

Quote from: herws on May 06, 2009, 01:16:31 pm
Like I said in another thread, the talent will have to regroup in a few to do damage. But those cats will be some man to man playin suckers next year, you can bet on that.

Just a hunch, but I would not be suprised to see a transfer from Westside and EPC at Jonesboro next year.

ricepig

Quote from: Rudehog on May 06, 2009, 08:27:29 pm

Just a hunch, but I would not be suprised to see a transfer from Westside and EPC at Jonesboro next year.

Think so, basing this on AAU connections?

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quote from: Rudehog on May 06, 2009, 08:27:29 pm

Madden, possibly....Mick, highly unlikely.

OC

So are you saying that all coaches need to do is coach AAU and players will go to where they coach high school ball?  That is a good plan. 

herws

As far as kids not wantin to play man. They can get with it or get gone. Wes won't deal with it.

As far as the two young studs comin in, I doubt either will be at jb.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas