• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Springdale Head Coaching Search(Announcement on Thur 4-30)

Started by Quite Frankly, April 10, 2009, 09:25:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

silvers

April 21, 2009, 09:08:42 am #50 Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:11:42 am by silvers
According to the Morning News of NWA (4-21-09)
Applicants for the Springdale Job:

Bradley James--Marianna PE teacher
Jimmy Jester--current Springdale assistant
Joe Lamaske--Baptist Bible College coach
Aaron Obrien--Brinkley coach
Jared Porter--Springdale George Jr. High head coach
Brad Stamps--current Har-Ber assistant
Johnny Taylor--Rose Bud head coach
Christopher BanAmburg--Elkins bus driver
Greg White--Shiloh head coach

Baitshop

Quote from: silvers on April 21, 2009, 09:08:42 am
According to the Morning News of NWA (4-21-09)
Applicants for the Springdale Job:

Bradley James--Marianna PE teacher
Jimmy Jester--current Springdale assistant
Joe Lamaske--Baptist Bible College coach
Aaron Obrien--Brinkley coach
Jared Porter--Springdale George Jr. High head coach
Brad Stamps--current Har-Ber assistant
Johnny Taylor--Rose Bud head coach
Christopher BanAmburg--Elkins bus driver
Greg White--Shiloh head coach

I guess that Bill Taylor was so impressive in his "performance" at Springdale High that a current P.E. teacher and bus driver feel as though they are ready to take over the reins at SHS.......

Interesting....... :-\ :-\

Quite Frankly

A very weak list overall.  Guess the job isn't that special.

Ty

Quote from: QF© on April 21, 2009, 01:36:12 pm
A very weak list overall.  Guess the job isn't that special.
Top two candidates eerily similar.

Stamps, the same person, but with two years of experience as an assistant.
Taylor, a small school coach, with two recent state championships.

Quite Frankly

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2009/04/21/prep_sports/042109bkhsdlcoachsrch.txt

Seriously, these applications show how far the prestige of this job has fallen.  Not that it was real high anyway.

tman

No one on that list can out coach Taylor regardless of what level they have coached.

Quite Frankly

I don't know, that bus driver is a master at gimmick defenses.

benchball

stamps is legit --- nelson is decent ---white is not head coaching material-have heard wonderful things about stamps and his relationships at harber

nobody thought white deseved the position- his name is on the list because everyones name is on the list who has a degree and is available to coach.
maybe the elkins bus driver needs to apply at elkins?

arkpop

White has more head coaching experience than stamps.  He has a great basketball mind.  White would fit in better with the kids at Springdale and Stamps fits in better with the kids at Har-Ber

Ty

Quote from: arkpop on April 23, 2009, 12:31:57 pm
White has more head coaching experience than stamps.  He has a great basketball mind.  White would fit in better with the kids at Springdale and Stamps fits in better with the kids at Har-Ber
White would fit in better with the kids at Springdale? Doubt it.

Stamps would fit in well at either school because he is a good person.

Quite Frankly

Stamps is polar opposite personality to Taylor.  I also don't think you can judge White on his time at Shiloh.  That was a nightmare from the get go and will be in the future.

The Saints will never let basketball flourish like they did that single time.  Stamps knew when to run from there.

Yee-Haw

Coach Stamps is likely waiting for Coach Burnett to head back to Fort Smith and take the Northside job after the 2009-10 season.

Coach Mason will be retiring after the upcoming season.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Yee-Haw on April 23, 2009, 03:23:18 pm
Coach Stamps is likely waiting for Coach Burnett to head back to Fort Smith and take the Northside job after the 2009-10 season.

Coach Mason will be retiring after the upcoming season.

True.

And that's been the scuttlebutt for awhile.  Supposedly Stamps is indecesive due to that very fact.  That's if you believe everything that you hear.

Yee-Haw

Quite Frankly

Mason was supposed to have already retired.  Has to happen sometime.

On the Move

I'm still pulling for Baird!!  Just ask him noone can coach like him.

Quite Frankly

We won't even get into the Baird not staying at SHS rumors running rampant............

benchball

Quote from: arkpop on April 23, 2009, 12:31:57 pm
white may have a great mind but doesnt need to be a head high school basketball coach. my boss seems to like him( he has kids at shiloh) and our high school coaches love coaching against him..that should say everything. i personally hope he stays at shiloh, that will be one sport we have a chance in for the next few years.

Quite Frankly

It doesnt' matter who is coaching guys basketball at Shiloh.  It's a system of failure and mediocrity.

benchball

QF...lets just hope it stays that way. im not close enough to know in the inside info on boys basketball at shiloh- they must have the athletes- why all the losing in boys basketball.they win at football and baseball and girls bball.

Quite Frankly

In a word?  Football.

They practically forbid or should I say strongly encourage kids that would be some of the better players from playing.  The football season is long for them and their off-season is constant.  They are not very inclined to risk a knee or something else similar on a football first teamer playing basketball.

The players that don't play football and play basketball don't tend to be the best athletes around.

benchball

guess it takes awhile to build a good "transfer" base in bball. and theyd probably make em into good football players once they got there anyways.

AAAspectator

benchball, which school are you affiliated with? If it's not Farmington, I don't know who else would love playing Coach White. They are the only team in that conference he didn't compete with. As for the "transfer" in basketball, did you see any this season?

As for losing boys basketball at Shiloh: They are in football 10 months. The other guys are not the best athletes. 3-4 crucial players for basketball play football so he doesn't see then til December. Unlike most 4A schools in NWA, for reasons beyond his control smaller schools won't play him so he has to play superior teams with a half-roster. A lot of coaches wouldn't play, but he does. In case you didn't keep up he played 3 7A schools (beat 1), 3 5A schools(beat 2 - one with half roster)and lost to the 3A finalist by 6-with half a team.
Stamps had Cline, Scisler?, Lookadoo, and Roberts in the gym. White had Lookadoo because Roberts went and played QB. Did I mention Cline (D1 talent)?

Here is my personal take on the situation. I like Stamps and White a lot. Both have had to deal with a giant obstacle. Luckily for Stamps a D1 player was coming through. Nothing would suit me finer than both of them being the head guys in Springdale. I do feel that Stamps fits better at Harber and White at Springdale high, mainly because of personalities. Before you write off White as not being head coach potential, was it a coincidence that Stamps most successful season as a head coach was with Coach White as his assistant? I think that both are very capable, qualified coaches. If Springdale is smart and Brad gets the job  they or he should make a  hard run at White as the assistant. If they truly want both schools to be successful then split the two jobs between them. I hope that they both get what they want.

benchball

AAA take a breather there big boy!! either youre bucking to become whites agent or youre in the family tree. way too much info for an outsider, pass the potato chips white/

AAAspectator

Quote from: benchball on April 23, 2009, 09:46:29 pm
AAA take a breather there big boy!! either youre bucking to become whites agent or youre in the family tree. way too much info for an outsider, pass the potato chips white/

I have seen and heard the struggle he's had at Shiloh, some first-hand and wish the best for him. I've said on here before Stamps deserves the head job. I would just like to see White get a shot at one of them. You can't judge someone on their ability when they are at Shiloh playing with the "other" kids. You never said which coaches love playing him? As for the agent, I would represent Stamps or White anytime, anywhere.

OC

If they want the best coach they need to go with Johnny Taylor or Stamps, couldn't go wrong with either one. 

Ty

Next school board meeting is May 5th, which will be the last meeting of the year as well. I could actually see them waiting another week to make the hire.

Regardless of who takes the job, they have a fair amount of talent to work with. In all respects, quite a bit more than Springdale has had in multiple years.

Quite Frankly

I beleive that Wed, 4/29 we'll hear the official word that this job has been filled by someone already working in the Springdale district.  ;)

Quite Frankly

Announcement will be Thursday afternoon for the hiring of Brad Stamps.  Though this article doesn't name a name.  ;)

http://nwaonline.net/articles/2009/04/29/prep_sports/043009bkhsdalehiring.txt

On the Move

QF are you also the Red Dog Basher??  Only comment on newspaper read!

Quite Frankly

Oh...I see it on the bottom.  No that's not me.  I don't think that was there when I first saw it.

benchball

Quite Frankly

Jester appears to be staying.  You just can't let assistants go like in college.  Looks like Price will take Stamps slot at Har-Ber.  Not all of that is locked in yet though.

Hitch

heffy22

I think he would hire QF.  I hear she works a clipboard better than anyone.

MeanGreen

Quote from: On the Move on April 23, 2009, 06:07:10 pm
He's on equal footing with any of these coaches, based on knowledge.

Ty

Quote from: MeanGreen on May 26, 2009, 12:58:03 am
Haha, I love sarcasm.

MeanGreen

Quote from: Ty on May 26, 2009, 01:53:02 am
Quote from: MeanGreen on May 26, 2009, 12:58:03 am
Haha, I love sarcasm.
I'm serious Ty, he has the degree. He's lead many men in the US Army. Maybe a little too intense for some.

imyadaddy

Annette...you will regret not picking Coach Taylor.  Everyone that knows what's going on in basketball agrees.  You picked the safe hire, instead of the best one.  You took a chance on Bill, and you know cannot fail twice in a row.  Brad will be OK,  Johnny would have won the state.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: imyadaddy on May 31, 2009, 05:44:11 pm
Brad will be OK,  Johnny would have won the state.
State what?

On another note, she just likes to hire people.  Recently got HBHS a baseball coach and a new asst.  Then will get to hire SHS a track coach and another softball coach w/asst. 

Her commisssion checks are huge.

Ty

Quote from: imyadaddy on May 31, 2009, 05:44:11 pm
Annette...you will regret not picking Coach Taylor.  Everyone that knows what's going on in basketball agrees.  You picked the safe hire, instead of the best one.  You took a chance on Bill, and you know cannot fail twice in a row.  Brad will be OK,  Johnny would have won the state.
Everyone that knows what is going on at Springdale High School disagrees.

Familiarity with the program will be a huge benefit to Stamps.

hoopsin53

Quote from: imyadaddy on May 31, 2009, 05:44:11 pm<br />Annette...you will regret not picking Coach Taylor.  Everyone that knows what's going on in basketball agrees.  You picked the safe hire, instead of the best one.  You took a chance on Bill, and you know cannot fail twice in a row.  Brad will be OK,  Johnny would have won the state.<br />

annette knew what she was doing.  bill was too wild for the public relations in 7a.  they didn't need "bill 2.0" up there now.  besides, jtaylor had a better chance winning this year then he would have next year at springdale and they went out in regionals this year.  most know taylor can coach talent, but to say taylor would do better than stamps at springdale is just showing you are a homer.   

No Name

Ty

Quote from: No Name on June 02, 2009, 01:33:00 pm
Has Bill taylor landed a job yet???
Landed a job?

He resigned from Springdale because of the job with Manila.

Baitshop

Quote from: hoopsin53 on May 31, 2009, 10:56:57 pm
Quote from: imyadaddy on May 31, 2009, 05:44:11 pm<br />Annette...you will regret not picking Coach Taylor.  Everyone that knows what's going on in basketball agrees.  You picked the safe hire, instead of the best one.  You took a chance on Bill, and you know cannot fail twice in a row.  Brad will be OK,  Johnny would have won the state.<br />

annette knew what she was doing.  bill was too wild for the public relations in 7a.  they didn't need "bill 2.0" up there now.  besides, jtaylor had a better chance winning this year then he would have next year at springdale and they went out in regionals this year.  most know taylor can coach talent, but to say taylor would do better than stamps at springdale is just showing you are a homer.   

I agree with you......Taylors issue at Springdale wasn't whether or not he can coach basketball....

The issue is that, are you willing to swap a few wins on the court to have your school represented by the sideshow that is Bill Taylor??..??..??

Ty

Quote from: hoopsin53 on May 31, 2009, 10:56:57 pm
Don't sell Springdale short.

The conference will be way down next year, with Northside being the favorite, because of Carter, Copeland, and a very strong sophomore class coming up

Behind them, Springdale actually could the favorite to finish second. They'll have the best player in the conference, Baird, and the best post in the conference, Evans. Throw in Andrews, Kellog, and the 4 sophomores coming up and they will be strong. Baird's senior year will be the title season.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas