• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone hearing?

Started by Quite Frankly, March 25, 2009, 09:02:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

March 25, 2009, 09:02:16 pm Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:26:10 am by QF©
Anyone hearing that Springdale might have a basketball opening?

It's legs are growing.

Bwana

Heard that Taylor interviewed at Manila yesterday and would accept before weeks end..

Quite Frankly

I have said many times on this board that he would not coach another game at Springdale. 

It's just not going to work no matter what people think.

silvers

Seemed like that was coming....

What about Bentonville, any openings there, yet?

Quite Frankly

Not yet.  To be truthful, I'm unsure of the hold-up. 

9scorpions

Don't be sooo sure that Coach Taylor has coached his last game in Springdale

mustang43

Come on scorp give us some info. Your prabably closer to him than anyone except for Ms.Taylor.

Is he coming back to NE Arkansas?
If he comes to Manila,do you think Bic will lose some kids?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: 9scorpions on March 31, 2009, 11:24:09 am
Can't get hired huh?

T-Wacker

Greenwood's hiring again. I believe he accepted, then turned them down a few years ago.

Rulesman

Heard he'll apply for the Memphis job if Cal leaves  ;D

Quite Frankly

Quote from: T-Wacker on March 31, 2009, 03:08:01 pm
Greenwood's hiring again. I believe he accepted, then turned them down a few years ago.
The irony of this is unreal. 

cobb

Quote from: QF© on March 31, 2009, 02:57:44 pm
Quote from: 9scorpions on March 31, 2009, 11:24:09 am
Can't get hired huh?

Yea, that's it qf.  As usual you have it all figured out.  If only everyone was as smart as you; or should I say smart rear.

Quite Frankly

Why interview somewhere if you're not trying to get hired?  This isn't college were you get a pay bump to stay at your old job.

mustang43

Rumor has it. He is coming back to Manila this week for another meeting.If they offered what I heard.He will take it to get back to NE Arkansas. 

Coach Jacobs, GCT

The Manila job is no longer listed on the AAA bulletin board.

heffy22

I heard they hired Gillespie.

hoops22

Quote from: QF© on March 26, 2009, 10:30:21 am
Not yet.  To be truthful, I'm unsure of the hold-up. 
I heard that Nelson is going to survive and that Taylor has decided to stay put as well. What do you think QF?

Quite Frankly

I think Nelson is going to make it as well.  Not sure why he would want to other than to rub it in someone's face that he did actually survive.

Taylor has yet TBD.  Staying put is relative to what's open and I still await the SPSS to address certain issues as it pertains to professional conduct.

John M.

You always brighten my day QF :)

Smithian

QF is always a great dose of Vitamin C.

RGP

Quote from: QF© on March 25, 2009, 09:02:16 pm
Anyone hearing that Springdale might have a basketball opening?

It's legs are growing.
Yes.

Quite Frankly

I believe you might can call me correct.  ;)

John M.

Quote from: QF© on April 04, 2009, 09:04:45 pm
I believe you might can call me correct.  ;)

They are several things that I might call you......all of which would be correct.

Quite Frankly

Yet on point, your boy is gone from NWA.  What was stated and told about him as it occurred while at Springdale all lead up to his not to surprising departure.

cobb

Quote from: QF© on April 04, 2009, 09:18:44 pm
Yet on point, your boy is gone from NWA.  What was stated and told about him as it occurred while at Springdale all lead up to his not to surprising departure.

OK qf you keep making remarks about his behavior and professionalism, blah. blah. blah.
The facts are, contrary to what your crappy sources tell you, he is not in trouble for his behavior.  The AD thinks he is one of two head coaches in the district that she does not want to lose.  So I will help you out, he is not being forced out, nothing even close like you are implying.  So go read a book on cooking and stay out his business; because your source(s)sucks.

Quite Frankly

April 04, 2009, 10:25:50 pm #25 Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:01:33 pm by QF©
When he comes back to you sing him a little Motley Crue.  "Home Sweet Home"

She's covering herself as well as him.  One of two in the entire district?  Really?  Counting all the football coaches as well?

Believe what you want and throw him a party as this sad chapter ends.  I Know what I know.

cobb

Quote from: QF© on April 04, 2009, 10:25:50 pm
When he comes back to you sing him a little Gun's & Roses.  "Home Sweet Home"

She's covering herself as well as him.  One of two in the entire district?  Really?  Counting all the football coaches as well?

Believe what you want and throw him a party as this sad chapter ends.  I Know what I know.

Where do I start?

First its Motley Crue, "home sweat home". 

Second, I said HEAD coaches.

Third, you still dont know squat; just hearsay.  But like most hens, you will get on a website and say it is the gospel. 

BTW, Bill is a good man and it is a shame that you didnt get to know him.  You parents/fans from the stands have no idea about what it really takes to compete and coach; you just look for something to grip about.  I truly feel sorry for you and your pathetic life.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: cobb on April 04, 2009, 10:57:56 pm
First its Motley Crue, "home sweat home". 

Noted.  Good catch.

Second, I said HEAD coaches.
Are you familiar with the number of quality HEAD coaches in this football driven district?  Any attempt to make him "in the top 2" in one of the largest districts in the state is smokescreen.  Bill was one of Scoggin's hires and she has to back her own play
Third, you still dont know squat; just hearsay.  But like most hens, you will get on a website and say it is the gospel. 
Personally eye witnessed much of it. As for the 'hens' comment it has little relevance to the discussion.  But hey, if it makes you feel good.

BTW, Bill is a good man and it is a shame that you didnt get to know him.  You parents/fans from the stands have no idea about what it really takes to compete and coach; you just look for something to grip about.  I truly feel sorry for you and your pathetic life.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion about what a good man is.  But your guess as to me being a parent or a fan is way way off.   I only stated what happened as did others.  I'm not griping except at those that want to sweep some things under the rug.

I guess him leaving after just 2 years was just a coincidence? 

He'll be fine were he's landing and probably successful.  But his footprints will be remembered in many different ways.  Some good. Some bad.  It just wasn't a good fit and for several reasons.  Some not his own.

John M.

He'll be fine were he's landing and probably successful.  But his footprints will be remembered in many different ways.  Some good. Some bad.  It just wasn't a good fit and for several reasons.  Some not his own.

Your first statement on the subject that I actually agree with.

Quite Frankly

It appears everything is confirmed and it comes as no surprise to the Springdale administration.

The replacement might be announce within days.

Hitch

nothing against Taylor, but they should have hired Brad Stamps instead. Then they wouldn't be looking for a coach they would have a program started.

Quite Frankly

Apparantly he's the obvious frontrunner this time.

Hitch

Really, would he want it now that he is across town.
I don't really know for sure but on the outside looks like he has a good setup now.

Quite Frankly

Most of the rising 9th grade talent is all going to Springdale.  HB is on the decline.  I believe most people see that the junior high feeder programs are doing a better job of loading up the Red Dogs.

The odd thing about him going to Sprringdale is he's a Fayetteville alum.  Of course, that didn't deter him before.

It's his to have, though you think they'd have to open the position legally.

warpaint

Quite Frankly

Quote from: warpaint on April 06, 2009, 02:25:44 pm
Is this official yet?
It is as far as being open.  However, SPS has yet to post the opening on the website and I've yet to see it in a newspaper.  But with it jumping off on a weekend, today is the first day most would have heard about it.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: STLcardinals123 on April 06, 2009, 04:47:51 pm
Looks like it's official ...

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2009/04/06/prep_sports/040709bkctaylor.txt

Yeah he had to wait until a school day to submit his resignation.  Of course the formality of him going before the school board in Manilla has yet to occur.

Close that book.

On with the speculation on the new hire at SHS.

heffy22

Don't worry bout stamps.  He was a part of the McCray St. boys in Springdale long before he darkened the halls of Fayetteville. 

Coach Jacobs, GCT

Quite Frankly

Blah blah blah.  He didn't have that many kids to tell.

Baitshop

April 07, 2009, 10:51:15 am #41 Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:53:30 am by baitshop
It appears as though class and representing your city and school well are still important in some parts of our fair state........

You folks in NEA need to reinforce your locker room doors and cover the little ones ears......Bill "Madman" Taylor is coming back to a gym near you.......

John M.

Quote from: baitshop on April 07, 2009, 10:51:15 am
It appears as though class and representing your city and school well are still important in some parts of our fair state........

You folks in NEA need to reinforce your locker room doors and cover the little ones ears......Bill "Madman" Taylor is coming back to a gym near you.......

Yes! Glad to have you back Bill!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas