• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cable Hogue

Started by On the Move, March 18, 2009, 07:42:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

On the Move

He is getting any looks from Colleges??

Quite Frankly

After considering several schools, he's a verbal for Drury as of last week.

Yee-Haw

Just what the parents had in mind when he was shipped to Fayetteville.......Drury.

Congratulations.

Quite Frankly

I believe you'd discover the parents are 100% satisfied on very many levels.

AAAspectator

Drury is a great school but his parents marketed that kid like he was headed for Duke.

Quite Frankly

Not once they left Rogers.

teo

Does anybody know why he transferred to Fayetteville?

Ty

Quote from: teo on April 13, 2009, 05:18:10 pm
Does anybody know why he transferred to Fayetteville?
Marty Barnes doesn't acquire as much dirt on the knees of his pants as Gebhart does.

Quite Frankly

Hogue ran from Barnes.  That's a fact.

bombs away

What is his dad's first name?

jrbballguy

Barnes didn't put up with his prima-donna attitude, so Hogue's parents decided to go where their son would be more appreciated...
I applaud Coach Barnes!!  Cable is talented, but not the star he or his parents make him out to be.

Carl

Quote from: AAAspectator on April 11, 2009, 08:57:46 pm
Drury is a great school but his parents marketed that kid like he was headed for Duke.

I've known his parents on a casual acquaintance level for years.  We've talked about academics and music (Cable played cello), but I don't recall them ever mentioning that Cable played basketball.  Don't know if your characterization is true, but it's very different from the impression I've had of them.

And the characterization of Gebhart is very different from my impressions.  I know he complains about the football coaches recruiting basketball players.  His attitude has been that if someone want to play basketball, they know where his office is.  The image of him on his knees before Cable is very different from what I've seen.

And Cable as a prima donna is so different from what I've seen.

Maybe y'all know more.  Or maybe they've matured since his sophomore year (I know nothing about his Rogers experience).  But I haven't seen what you're talking about.

Quite Frankly

Of course there are 2 sides to every story, but there is no doubt whatever 'stories' were told about his time in Rogers didn't repeat at Fayetteville.

Somewhere in between is the truth.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas