• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville -- setting the record straight

Started by BarclayAlmanac, March 16, 2009, 08:41:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BarclayAlmanac

Little Rock Hall DID NOT GO UNDEFEATED IN 2000. 

It has been reported the last couple of days by newspapers, radio and television that Fayetteville is the first team to go undefeated in the state's largest classification since Little Rock Hall in 2000.

Little Rock Hall DID NOT GO UNDEFEATED IN 2000. Little Rock FAIR did. Fair went 31-0 under coach Charlie Johnson in 2000, winning the Class 5A state championship which was the largest in the state at that time.

Fair went 27-0 during the regular season, including 53-24 and 57-35 wins against Hall. Fair then beat Jonesboro, LR McClellan, LR Central and FS Southside in the state tournament all by at least 10 points.

Quite Frankly

Dang those statewide papers and those editors!

Leland can you confirm Fayetteville did go 30-0?  For sure?  There seems to be some doubt in some of the most feeble of minds.

farfromgroovins

I'm sure if they would have played Jacksonville they wouldn't have gone undefeated......that is according to the experts.

BarclayAlmanac

Bulldogs 30-0. Lady Bulldogs 32-0.  An achievement we may never see again. The Morning News ran game-by-game scores for both teams in saturday's paper with their preview of the state championship games. That would be worth keeping. I believe their headline in Sunday's paper was simply 'Perfect.'

Quite Frankly

Quote from: farfromgroovins on March 16, 2009, 08:56:22 pm
I'm sure if they would have played Jacksonville they wouldn't have gone undefeated......that is according to the experts.

It would appear all of those self-pronounced experts all live in Jax.  Because every statewide non-partisan poll seems to go with a different more obvious choice.

Not to mention several national publications as well.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: BarclayAlmanac on March 16, 2009, 08:57:42 pm
Bulldogs 30-0. Lady Bulldogs 32-0.  An achievement we may never see again. The Morning News ran game-by-game scores for both teams in saturday's paper with their preview of the state championship games. That would be worth keeping. I believe their headline in Sunday's paper was simply 'Perfect.'
But, but, but  ;)

Ty

Quote from: BarclayAlmanac on March 16, 2009, 08:57:42 pm

Perfect in Purple

It looked really nice.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas