• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville Boys Win by 6

Started by Ty, March 14, 2009, 06:33:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNiceGuy

Quote from: businesstron on March 16, 2009, 09:48:47 pm
7a is better then the 6a in football...and probably other sports but NOT basketball....specifically boys basktetball.

You can look back at all the State Champions before the AAA split and you'll see probably 90 % of the champions are 6a schools now.  Fayetteville, Little Rock Central and Russelville are the only present 7a schools to win a state title in the last 30 years.   So there's no arguement to be made who's better in basketball. 

You look at Fayetteville and see that 29-0 record and think...nice..  But when you look at it you notice there's only two quality opponents on it (Hall and Rogers....Rogers is Debatable) .  I've seen em play 5 or six times this year.    What business did they have playing Mountain view and Harrison....some of those school were jokes.   They should've done like thier girls team did and played in a tough out of state tournament or even played better instate competition like Jacksonville, Conway, North Pulaski or even a West Memphis.   Northside and Harbor had a stronger schedule they Fayetteville.....

They might have weakest schedule for a #1 that I've seen in a while....a good while.

you think that Conway is a great opponent, then say that Rogers is questionable.  How is that logically possible when Rogers won at Conway, and then again on a neutral floor? 

Quite Frankly

7a is better then the 6a in football...and probably other sports but NOT basketball....specifically boys basktetball. 
This is one year.  One team.  Nothing that happened before this year matters a lick.

Plus you obviously don't know much about Missouri basketball if you are offhand dismissing the Kickapoo event.

Toughness isn't measure jsut cause you lost.  Neither Har-Ber or NS coaches would tell you their schedule was tougher except for the fact they had to play Fayetteville. 

When you roll over people, it makes them look weak.  Funny how everyone was good or better up until they played Faytown and then once they lose(Hall, Cabot, everyone) and no one is left the argument shifts to such cop out excuses.

powerlifter90

Quote from: Sect103 on March 16, 2009, 09:51:25 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 16, 2009, 09:40:54 pm
Like I said nobody from Jax plays for Crawford.  So why, when the questions was asked of him on the radio, would he say that Jax was the more talented team?

It isn't always about talent. Hall was more talented than Fayetteville. Arguably so were several other teams. The fact is, Fayetteville's players bought into the system that they played within and played the system perfectly. Gulley gets the press, but there were others who were very important. Particularly Haydar and Hogue who together did a lot of the dirty work that needs to be done.

I can't say how many times I would look out there at warm-ups and see a team that was bigger more intimidating looking than Fayetteville was and then watch the Dogs systematically wear a team down over the course of 4 quarters.   You have to pass more than just the looks coming out of the tunnel test to be able to beat Fayetteville.

I havent said Jax was "better".  I said that I heard someone that was supposed to be an "expert" in Ark HS basketball say Jax was more "talented".  But others on this board seem to want to try to read between the lines of what I type. 

Now I did talk to the guys doing the radio broadcast Sat night and asked them who they though would win between Jax and -Fville.  They said it would be a heck of a game, but both thought Jax would win. 

I haven't seen Fville play, so I'm not going to say one way or another.  I do think it would be one heck of a game. 

bigjville96

I have not seen Fayetteville play this year, but i seen Jacksonville play alot this year. I think they are better because Coach Joyner is going to put them in the right positions to win a big ball game. If you match the players up, Gilley, And McClure cancel each other out. Every body else it is who will bring it.

Quite Frankly

Thus far, several of the most ardent backers of Jax have openly admitted they have not seen Fayetteville play.

Those narrow views are easily dismissed.

Ty

Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 16, 2009, 09:56:38 pm
Quote from: Sect103 on March 16, 2009, 09:51:25 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 16, 2009, 09:40:54 pm
Like I said nobody from Jax plays for Crawford.  So why, when the questions was asked of him on the radio, would he say that Jax was the more talented team?

It isn't always about talent. Hall was more talented than Fayetteville. Arguably so were several other teams. The fact is, Fayetteville's players bought into the system that they played within and played the system perfectly. Gulley gets the press, but there were others who were very important. Particularly Haydar and Hogue who together did a lot of the dirty work that needs to be done.

I can't say how many times I would look out there at warm-ups and see a team that was bigger more intimidating looking than Fayetteville was and then watch the Dogs systematically wear a team down over the course of 4 quarters.   You have to pass more than just the looks coming out of the tunnel test to be able to beat Fayetteville.

I havent said Jax was "better".  I said that I heard someone that was supposed to be an "expert" in Ark HS basketball say Jax was more "talented".  But others on this board seem to want to try to read between the lines of what I type. 

Now I did talk to the guys doing the radio broadcast Sat night and asked them who they though would win between Jax and -Fville.  They said it would be a heck of a game, but both thought Jax would win. 

I haven't seen Fville play, so I'm not going to say one way or another.  I do think it would be one heck of a game. 
Until a person sees Fayetteville play a basketball game, their opinion on how good the team is cannot be made. I saw FHS play 6 times this year and in all but two of the games they looked like they were going to get destroyed. They don't look like they should be many good teams but still managed to beat all of them while never trailing in the 4th.

Titan Spirit

I have seen both play. I have seen rogers, Cabot, Conway, Hall, and all the other so called powers.....Fay and Rogers were both impressive to me...Jacksonville and Hall are both very good as well...those 4 teams are the best I have seen....I think Jacksonville and Fay is pretty much a coin flip..

Quite Frankly

The Championship game was Fayetteville's worst game of the year.  But that was to Rogers and Coach Barnes creadit.   I thought Jax and Hall was a good game and both teams were good.

Just not good enough to beat Fay.

businesstron

I need a good debate...

MrNiceGuy...

Conway's better instate competition then Mountain View and Harrison.  They actually match up better with Fayetteville they they do with Rogers because of their style of play.   Har-ber for some weird reason matched up better against Fayetteville then Rogers did but Rogers blew out Har-ber the two times they played.   I say Rogers is debatable because of outside of Conway they didn't beat any good teams and they were too inconsistent for me this year.   

QF...

It kind of does matter.  The Eastern half of the state is traditionally better in basketball then the western half...and it's not even close.  The coaches don't have to say anything I can tell just by looking.    We can break it down team by team if you want it.

About Fayetteville's venture into Missouri.  First thing, Kickapoo wasn't that good this year....they finished 19-8 but they weren't even the best team in their district (Branson dominated them).   I don't even know who Chadwick is.... Maxpreps has them like 47th in the state so that says something.   Liberty is a decent win even though I haven't seen them so I'll give em that one.   Even though Missouri's bigger, Arkansas is a notch above em in basketball. I remember a decent school came down from St. Louis and played decent in the Arvest tournament but that's just about it.  So in a lotta cases they are playing down when they play some of those Missouri schools...(there are some exceptions). 

As far as other teams playing Fayetteville, Fayetteville was my personal favorite in just about every game i saw them play.  I thought Cabot would put up a better match but they didn't. 

When I see Fayetteville I see a champion that didn't test themselves.  They didn't do enough for me to earn the right the be the undisputed state champs...  They haven't done enough to make me think they are miles and miles above Jax.....historically or this year.

urban legend

I don't think anyone would disagree when I say that it'd be a very good game to watch.

businesstron

Quote from: urban legend on March 16, 2009, 11:48:03 pm
I don't think anyone would disagree when I say that it'd be a very good game to watch.

It'd be a great game but some of these 7a schools seem to think they play the best brand of basketball in the state even though they've done nothing to prove it.   Maybe it's because of attendance.... that may work in football but not in Basketball.   

bknittin

March 17, 2009, 09:02:02 am #61 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 09:04:00 am by bknittin

You look at Fayetteville and see that 29-0 record and think...nice..  But when you look at it you notice there's only two quality opponents on it (Hall and Rogers....Rogers is Debatable) .  I've seen em play 5 or six times this year.    What business did they have playing Mountain view and Harrison....some of those school were jokes.   They should've done like thier girls team did and played in a tough out of state tournament or even played better instate competition

They might have weakest schedule for a #1 that I've seen in a while....a good while.

Gee, I thought Springfield was in Missouri, another state. The Kickapoo tournament. FHS won it. Duh...

richardhead

businesstron-
LR Central was one of the favs in the Central coming into the season...LR Catholic had three starters returning from the state championship, including their best player, FHS beat twice, once on a neutral floor and once at Catholic...FHS expected to play Cabot in the championship game at CAC tournament, but Cabot got upset...Wynne was a quality team that got destroyed by FHS...Liberty, MO is a top 10 in MO, Kickapoo had lost 3 home games in the past 7 years and got destroyed....FHS destroyed Harrison on the road less than 24 hours after the win against LR Hall....Harrison is usually tough place to play for opponents....Green County Tech pulled out of the tournament in Mt Home late....

You seem to place value on MaxPreps ratings...FHS has 13 wins against the top 21 teams in Arkansas according to MaxPreps...I would say no one else comes close to that...

Titan Spirit

March 17, 2009, 09:55:46 am #63 Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:05:35 am by Titan Spirit
If you go max preps and just use the top 25

I believe Fay would have that 13 wins
Jacksonville has 14 wins against max top 25..

in fact 7 of the 14 are against the top 10

richardhead

my point was addressing businesstron statement about Fay not playing anyone... MaxPreps also rates Fayetteville strength of schedule highest in the state...

richardhead

Titan
Fay also has 7 wins against the top 10... debating who played a tougher schedule between Fay and Jax would appear to be splitting hairs... for those who think Fay did not play a tough schedule, think again

businesstron - are you going to say that Jax wins vs the top 10 are more valued than Fay's ?

Titan Spirit

i understand but you did say no one comes close to that....
I just think it would be a great matchup wish they could play the game at a neutral site...
AAA won't have it for some reason.....

Football the 7A has a big advantage because of the numbers but basketball is a whole different issue and at times the lower classification schools are able to compete at a much higher level...

Titan Spirit

I think Fay is a very good "team" very impressed watching them play...they play well together...
I thought Rogers was very good. Conway was good but still a little behind the others but their year is coming they are pretty much a junior team i think....Cabot i think was way over rated..never appeared to me to play as a "team" several nice players but not as a unit....

top 4 i saw this season
Fay
Jax
Hall
Rogers

WM would be very close they were 1 player short of being there....

just my opinion....

farfromgroovins

Wins against top 25 in the state according to maxpreps looks to be close between Fay and Jax......but how many losses did Jax have?

There is not much difference in 7A and 6A now. When Hall and Parkview were in the Central and Jax and WM in the East, they all competed just fine at the state tournament. In fact, Hall and Parkview made the Central a stronger conference than it is now.

You can spin schedules any way you want. Forrest City and North Pulaski both beat Jax. Conway beat FC by 10 and destroyed NP but Conway couldn't make it past Rogers in the semis.

It is that unblemished record that makes Fay the #1 team. How many losses did Jax have?

powerlifter90

Quote from: farfromgroovins on March 17, 2009, 10:34:33 am
Wins against top 25 in the state according to maxpreps looks to be close between Fay and Jax......but how many losses did Jax have?

There is not much difference in 7A and 6A now. When Hall and Parkview were in the Central and Jax and WM in the East, they all competed just fine at the state tournament. In fact, Hall and Parkview made the Central a stronger conference than it is now.

You can spin schedules any way you want. Forrest City and North Pulaski both beat Jax. Conway beat FC by 10 and destroyed NP but Conway couldn't make it past Rogers in the semis.

It is that unblemished record that makes Fay the #1 team. How many losses did Jax have?

Jax over the last few years has started slow, bc they have a few football players that have to get into "basketball shape" and then the team must gell.  This is ofen the case with smaller schools vs the larger ones.  Jax lost to FC and NP early, and Hall in Jan, after that they went on a 15 game streak in the toughest basketball conf in the state.  Beating WM three times, twice there, should tell the type of ball these kids have played down the stretch.   

farfromgroovins

No doubt Jax is one of the best teams in the state but Fayetteville has zero reasons or excuses for their losses. You don't go undefeated in EITHER 6A or 7A and not earn the right to pound your chest and call yourself the best in the state.

The arguement is who's #2 in the state.

Quite Frankly

Again it's noted there are no chest punders from Fayetteville.  They didn't mouth all year.  But a few have come out to defend what they rightfully earned on the court.

It's the weaker ones that are begging for the light that others already have earned.

businesstron

I actually live in Rogers, and I have no personal affiliation to any school in this state.  So there no agenda to it.  As a matter of fact it's entertaining to me cause this board has been so quiet this year

richardhead

It's not where you start it's where you finish.  I thinked I only used Maxpreps because they have all the schedules for all the teams.   But since were using that.    LRC and Catholic didn't finish in the top 25 in maxpreps this year so they AREN"T good quality wins.    Wynne went .500 in thier conference.   I already admitted I missed the liberty win.   Kickapoo wasn't that good this year, they didn't even make it out of their district tourney.   Harrision sucked this year...Fayetteville shoud've taken the night off. 

According to Maxpreps(if you can find a better poll i'll use it)  F'ville and Jax beat each beat 3 top 10 teams.   Jax's and F'ville best victory is against #3 Hall (Jax beat em twice though and lost to them once)   

If you strecth it out into the top 20 you'll notice some of the teams Jax beat beat other 7a schools (Parkview beat Rogers), (W Memphis beat Northside),  (Hall beat NLR, Northside 2 or 3 times, Cabot and probably some other teams).   

Jax's wins have more quality in them.  There's no debat that 6a east is tougher then the 7a west  Hall and WM would at worse be #2 teams in the 7a west.....  I can't say the same for Rogers and Harber if it was vice versa. 

Quite Frankly

All your gibberish still changes nothing.  It's all your opinion.  Excuses for loses are for teams that lost.

Jax lost not once and not twice, all the rest is spin.

30-0 requires no spin.  Play Devil's Adv all you want, but you can only beat who you play(unless you can't beat them). 
Quote from: businesstron on March 17, 2009, 01:15:20 pm
I actually live in Rogers, and I have no personal affiliation to any school in this state.
Not all comments are directed at you ::)
It's not where you start it's where you finish. 

Like 32-0 and first in the state?

According to Maxpreps(if you can find a better poll i'll use it)  F'ville and Jax beat each beat 3 top 10 teams.   Jax's and F'ville best victory is against #3 Hall (Jax beat em twice though and lost to them once)   
It also notes games not won.  (Right of the hyphen)

Parkview beat Rogers

Score?

powerlifter90

I just got home from class.  There is a kid, played at Cabot that sits behind me.  I asked him "what is the toughest basketball conf in the state".  Without batting an eye he replied 6A East".  He went on to say that except for F-ville, there are a lot of teams in 5A that could beat most of 7A.  He said also said that when he was still in school the 5A East that later became the 6A East was the "SEC of Ark high school basketball"  because of so many good teams that beat each other up week to week.  I told him about this conversation he replied that F-ville did not play the type of teams, with the talent level week in week out that Jax faced in the 6A East.  This is my opinion also, being 30-0 in the 7A West is like Utah going undefeated in football.  Its a great accomplishment, but who did you play?

bigjville96

Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 17, 2009, 03:16:13 pm
I just got home from class.  There is a kid, played at Cabot that sits behind me.  I asked him "what is the toughest basketball conf in the state".  Without batting an eye he replied 6A East".  He went on to say that except for F-ville, there are a lot of teams in 5A that could beat most of 7A.  He said also said that when he was still in school the 5A East that later became the 6A East was the "SEC of Ark high school basketball"  because of so many good teams that beat each other up week to week.  I told him about this conversation he replied that F-ville did not play the type of teams, with the talent level week in week out that Jax faced in the 6A East.  This is my opinion also, being 30-0 in the 7A West is like Utah going undefeated in football.  Its a great accomplishment, but who did you play?

+ 1 to u sir

farfromgroovins

Might as well close this thread. Some former Cabot player said it so we must all take it as gospel now.

powerlifter90

Quote from: farfromgroovins on March 17, 2009, 08:51:08 pm
Might as well close this thread. Some former Cabot player said it so we must all take it as gospel now.

cabot or not, he did something that MOST of the posters on this board and this thread didn't do.............

actually played the game.

Sect103

Listen, this is the 7A board. Are we over on the 6A board spouting off? The fact remains Jacksonville lost three times to teams from Arkansas. Fayetteville did not. We beat a team that without a last second call, Jacksonville would not have beaten in the finals. Fayetteville went undefeated and earned the title and the high ranking.

As QF so eloquently put it, excuses and what might have beens are for the teams with a number other than zero on the right side of the hyphen.

businesstron

So QF, your argument is they got a better record in 7a, that why they are better? I was wrong about Parkview beating rogers..  They beat Har-ber.

It's not really excuses.... When you play in a tougher region the chance of losing is higher.      Fayetteville would beat...excuse me dominate Jax because Fayetteville went undefeated and Jax lost about 3 games?   Jax would probably be undefeated if they played in the 7a west. 

Fayetteville  -  Best of the bunch easily
Rogers         -  Good defense but basically a one man team
Har-ber        - Not that good would be a below average team in other leagues
Northside      -  Down this year
Southside      - Ok defense crappy offense...below average team
Springdale     - Outside of that sophmore, a joke
Bentonville    - A joke....
Heritage       - An absolute utter utter joke. 

There are 5a teams that could finish third in that conference easily.  The 7a west equivalent to Conference USA this year.  One really good team (Fayetteville), an slightly above average team (Rogers) and a bunch of below average teams. 

I mean what good athletic teams has Fayetteville beaten this year outside of Hall? 

Quite Frankly

This is simple.  There is one team this year from the states largest classification that went undefeated and none in all the others combined. All attempts to defure that are hollow.  You're talking about a team that never was even behind in a 4th quarter all year long.

powerlifter90

So, let me try to figure this out.........   F-ville is better than Jax because they lost less games than Jax did...........hmmm

I guess that means Lake Hamilton and PA are better than Bentonville in football because both of them lost less games than B-ville.   Ok, I can live with that.

Quite Frankly

Did someone say something?  Or is someone with a 3rd party source from an ex-Jock?

powerlifter90

Quote from: QF© on March 18, 2009, 07:23:01 am
Did someone say something?  Or is someone with a 3rd party source from an ex-Jock?

at least they are an ex jock.  Instead of a know it all administrator that knows absolutely nothing about sports.  Come on we all know the football coach is really the one running the athletic program up there.

mack

Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 18, 2009, 07:21:30 am
So, let me try to figure this out.........   F-ville is better than Jax because they lost less games than Jax did...........hmmm

I guess that means Lake Hamilton and PA are better than Bentonville in football because both of them lost less games than B-ville.   Ok, I can live with that.

I hate it, but I've got to agree with QF and especially Smithian who called it pretty much spot on.  I am a  7Central guy and hate it that the West has now taken basketball as well as football.
Fayetteville, hands down, the best team in Arkansas.  Nobody goes undefeated in larger classifications, but they did, and beat Hall head to head, and easier than J'ville did with an injured Walton.  That being said, I believe the 6A overall is much stronger than the 7A.

bigjville96

Quote from: mack on March 18, 2009, 09:26:10 am
So, let me try to figure this out.........   F-ville is better than Jax because they lost less games than Jax did...........hmmm

I guess that means Lake Hamilton and PA are better than Bentonville in football because both of them lost less games than B-ville.   Ok, I can live with that.

Again Jacksonville lost to Hall by three, then when they played Hall at Hall they Jacksonville beat them by 13 or 14 points, with a healthily Walton. Don't give me that there best player was hurt and they barley won. Fayetteville is good i am not taken anything from them, but like I said and so other people has said u put them in the 6a they would not go undefeated.

I hate it, but I've got to agree with QF and especially Smithian who called it pretty much spot on.  I am a  7Central guy and hate it that the West has now taken basketball as well as football.
Fayetteville, hands down, the best team in Arkansas.  Nobody goes undefeated in larger classifications, but they did, and beat Hall head to head, and easier than J'ville did with an injured Walton.  That being said, I believe the 6A overall is much stronger than the 7A.

Smithian

The entire offseason leading up to 2007 season, the entire state below the 7A was screaming 7A sucks and Southside was about to wiped out... Well, 48 minutes of power running and Bulldog defenders lying on the field cramping and having to be helped off, the 5A and below basically left the 7A alone after that and outside of some rumbles from Pulaski, there was basically no challenge from the 5A again.

It is time for the little boys to come after the big boys again and get slapped down... Again. It isn't that our good kids are better than your good kids(Even though more coaching, finances, and resources help), but we have more good kids than you. I'd love to see FHS backhand a challenger from the lesser conference so I don't have to listen to them any more.

Also, businesstron, with your view that Southside sucks, man.... The 5A must be playing better BBall than the saint Anthony's, St. Benedict's, etc of the Jersey City-New York City area, because a "below average" Southside team won 2 of 3 games in Tulsa and came a late run away from winning the Tulsa Union Tourney ourright. Those poor souls over in Oklahoma... They would have been BLOWN OUT by the SUPERIOR small Arkansas schools, I guess.

powerlifter90

y'all have to remember F-ville didn't beat the best team in 6A, they beat the 2nd best.

Last year about this time all of you were all over Memphis fans because Memphis didn't deserve their ranking since they played in an inferior conference and didn't play as tough of a schedule

Then you were all saying in football that Utah didn't deserve any respect since they didn't play in a super conference and didn't play as tough of a schedule

But now the hypocrisy starts; playing in a joke of a conference they go undefeated, which is a terrific accomplishment if you don't load up with 5A and 4A opponents.  But since they are undefeated that automatically makes them the best team in the state.  Even though people that know a heck of a lot more about basketball than you do, that have seen BOTH teams play, say otherwise..............

Quite Frankly

March 18, 2009, 04:26:52 pm #88 Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 04:28:53 pm by QF©
Tangent Master strikes again.  As with all things, can't think for himself, grabs unrelated examples from left field and fails to realize that when you are the Top team in the Top class(7A) you can't play anyone higher.  There are only 8 other 7A teams in the state courtesy of the fact 6A schools wanted to seperate.  They played half the Central and if Rogers hadn't have been so strong woud have played another(Conway)Add to that 6A Parkview broke their contract for some reason and didn't want to play Fay.

Add to that his continued failure to try and out someone is wrong for the umpteenth time. 

Enjoy the troll people.  It's a sad view of a lonely man.

(now we'll all wait for the pizza guy to tell him who's going to win the NCAA this year so he can share that too)

30-0.  Nationally ranked by many more experts than the 'guy behind me in class from Cabot'.

powerlifter90

Quote from: QF© on March 18, 2009, 04:26:52 pm
Tangent Master strikes again.  As with all things, can't think for himself, grabs unrelated examples from left field and fails to realize that when you are the Top team in the Top class(7A) you can't play anyone higher.  There are only 8 other 7A teams in the state courtesy of the fact 6A schools wanted to seperate.  They played half the Central and if Rogers hadn't have been so strong woud have played another(Conway)Add to that 6A Parkview broke their contract for some reason and didn't want to play Fay.

Add to that his continued failure to try and out someone is wrong for the umpteenth time. 

(now we'll all wait for the pizza guy to tell him who's going to win the NCAA this year so he can share that too)

30-0.  Nationally ranked by many more experts than the 'guy behind me in class from Cabot'.

lonely man.............hahaha............. I've seen your pic, I may be lonely, but not desperate. 

when I speak of "experts" I refer to AAU coaches, radio guys that worked both games, and TV folks that worked both games.  Unlike the national media who only see the record these folks watched both teams play. 

Just quit hatin, your pathetic school only cares about football, with real sports people running things they have a complete program someday.  I've always wondered what would the people that hire and fire up there think of someone in your position coming on a chat board and being the volital "b" that you are?  Maybe they don't know and its time they found out. 

Quite Frankly

Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 18, 2009, 04:34:15 pm
Quote from: QF© on March 18, 2009, 04:26:52 pm

lonely man.............hahaha............. I've seen your pic, I may be lonely, but not desperate. 

when I speak of "experts" I refer to AAU coaches, radio guys that worked both games, and TV folks that worked both games.  Unlike the national media who only see the record these folks watched both teams play. 

Just quit hatin, your pathetic school only cares about football, with real sports people running things they have a complete program someday.  I've always wondered what would the people that hire and fire up there think of someone in your position coming on a chat board and being the volital "b" that you are?  Maybe they don't know and its time they found out. 
You've not seen my "pic".  And this would make the 5th or so time you thought you were on to something in that manner.

Go ahead and tell whoever you want with BHS admin.  They'll discover what others already know about the source that provided it.

And again, you can claim 'hatin' all you want.  It's your non-first hand view with sources that are biased you take as gospel that are laughable.   

Every creditable source in this state has Fay at #1 and some outside the state.  Those trying to buck those professional views are simply sad sacks.

fastdrop

This debate is why I like over-all state championship basketball and baseball tournaments. See the best of the best play each other. It used to be that way in basketball. I am not sure why it was changed.

Quite Frankly

There is no debate.

But there is plenty of attention seeking.

fastdrop

30-0 is tough to argue with....Since there is no over all tournament. I would agree with the Rankings.

I would of loved to of seen a Jax - Fay game though.

Sect103

Again, I ask, are there any Fayetteville fans trying to steal Jacksonville's thunder on their board? Jacksonville had a good season, but they lost to North Pulaski, who I watched in the state title game get whooped by a bunch of farm boys from NE Arkansas.

Fayetteville went undefeated. Beat one of the best teams in the 6A; the ones who didn't need a late call by a ref to win a state title. Get over it Jacksonville. It would probably be a fun game to watch, but it isn't going to happen. So go back to your 6A board and enjoy your title.

powerlifter90

March 19, 2009, 07:49:21 am #95 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:51:38 am by BUGEATERS
Quote from: Sect103 on March 19, 2009, 02:38:12 am
Again, I ask, are there any Fayetteville fans trying to steal Jacksonville's thunder on their board? Jacksonville had a good season, but they lost to North Pulaski, who I watched in the state title game get whooped by a bunch of farm boys from NE Arkansas.

Fayetteville went undefeated. Beat one of the best teams in the 6A; the ones who didn't need a late call by a ref to win a state title. Get over it Jacksonville. It would probably be a fun game to watch, but it isn't going to happen. So go back to your 6A board and enjoy your title.

why don't you bring your candy butt down here and MAKE me go back to MY board.......

In case you weren't there, the call at the end of the game was a makeup for the one that put Hall back in front with a minute left, basically a 4 point swing. 

Face it, the non-athletic style of ball played in NWA can't hang with the best in Cent Ark.  If you want to go watch your Princeton version of basketball and think you are superior go right ahead, I'll watch too, just wake me up at half time so I can go pee.  I'll take the run-and-gun 32 minutes of heck any day.....
This isn't football where quality depth plays so much of a factor in games between large and small schools.  With the exception of Gulley nobody on F-ville's team would even be able to start for Jax, if you can't run the floor you can't play for Vic. 

while I'm here, let's look at F-ville's schedule for a minute.

hmmm

4 wins vs 5A teams
1 win vs 6A
1 win vs 4A
and 2 wins vs a horrible LR Catholic team.  Pretty freakin impressive.........

I guess Jax needs to warm up vs a bunch of mediocre teams from two classes lower.
Play a decent team from one class lower
Then play another team from 3 classes down. 
On top of that play a terrible team from its own classification (twice).
Get in an easier conf while they are at it that plays "slow down Princeton style" basketball THEN they can proclaim they are the best.   

mack

Quote from: bigjville96 on March 18, 2009, 12:21:58 pm
So, let me try to figure this out.........   F-ville is better than Jax because they lost less games than Jax did...........hmmm

I guess that means Lake Hamilton and PA are better than Bentonville in football because both of them lost less games than B-ville.   Ok, I can live with that.

Again Jacksonville lost to Hall by three, then when they played Hall at Hall they Jacksonville beat them by 13 or 14 points, with a healthily Walton. Don't give me that there best player was hurt and they barley won. Fayetteville is good i am not taken anything from them, but like I said and so other people has said u put them in the 6a they would not go undefeated.

Bottom line.  Fayetteville went undefeated.  That means they had the fortitude, drive, will, whatever, to do something very special.  Jacksonville had a special season too.  Not taking anything away from them, but they lost to folks they should not have lost to.  Fayetteville did not.  They took care of business.

powerlifter90

Utah didn't lose in football either.............

bigjville96

Quote from: Sect103 on March 19, 2009, 02:38:12 am

I went to Jacksonville, class of 96. I have to respect Fayetteville for what they did this year. But like I said if you put them in the 6a they don't go unbeaten. Just because the 7a is bigger don't mean that there better. I live in NWA now and the basketball up here is not good, not bad but not good. You can go to a gym and play pick up ball with some off these kids and see that they are good, not great but good, but it is one problem, and no disrespect to any kid, they are soft. Just my take on the different in the way we play ball in central Ark. and the way they play ball in NWA. We learned on the playgrounds, getting beat up by older guys and you better not call a foul, that's were the toughness come from, go get it, its not how big the guy is its the fight in him, and we took that to the courts in high school. I am proud that Jacksonville has won state. I respect Fayetteville for what they did this year, but people can say they did not lose a game this year. But do they have the horses to play with Jacksonville? That's what I want to know.

Quite Frankly

March 19, 2009, 10:29:06 am #99 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:32:17 am by QF©
As I stated before, people in central Arkansas are 100% under the impression they invented basketball and are the only ones that know who to play.

They've been proven wrong again.

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.  This continued belief that it's about how many athletes(codespeak) you have and the fact more are from certain metropolitan areas is profiling at it's zenith.  Talent is all over Arkansas. It's in the SE, SW, NE, NW and Central. 

It's about who wins and not how they win.  It's not about who runs faster, jumps higher and has more dunks or averages the most points.  It's about final scores.  It's about teams that play together.  This is illustrated all the time when your All-Star teams like the Wings and Hawks that grab players statewide fall to teams they should never lose too that play well as a unit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas