• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville Boys Win by 6

Started by Ty, March 14, 2009, 06:33:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 19, 2009, 09:09:54 am
Utah didn't lose in football either.............

And probably deserved better than they got.

businesstron

Quote from: Smithian on March 18, 2009, 03:40:20 pm
Also, businesstron, with your view that Southside sucks, man.... The 5A must be playing better BBall than the saint Anthony's, St. Benedict's, etc of the Jersey City-New York City area, because a "below average" Southside team won 2 of 3 games in Tulsa and came a late run away from winning the Tulsa Union Tourney ourright. Those poor souls over in Oklahoma... They would have been BLOWN OUT by the SUPERIOR small Arkansas schools, I guess.

Smithian sit back down...  You just gave me a good good laugh yesterday when I read what you said..    Southside these great Oklahoma teams....  Bixby was 7-16, East Central was 13-12, and Union was....wait...  You didn't beat Union....as a matter of fact you lost by double digits to them.    Y'll had a nice victory over Rogers this year but that's it.  Y'll sucked, ok defense no offense what so ever.  You would've been cellar dwellars in any other decent leauge. 

QF
I thought you were smarter but your an idiot when it comes to basketball. I guess I should've expected that because there ain't much good basket ball in Benton county outside of Rogers.  Alot of those national experts go off reputations and pretty records...   Fayetteville has a pretty records....that's it.  They don't deserve to be on that list they haven't beat any regionally signifigant team that I know of this year..

It's sad...I've probably seen as much 7a bball as anyone this year so I know some of the stuff coming out your mouth is crap. 

Y'll are implying that 7a plays the best basketball because it is the highest classification in Arkansas.  There are like 3 state championships (Before the spilt)  among the current 7a teams in 50 years.   

Arguably the best team in Texas is a 4a school (Houston Yates). The 5a state champ lost to a 4a team right before the playoffs started.  The best school in Dallas is a 3a school (Dallas Madison....beat the 4a state runner up).   The best team in Louisiana is probably a 3a school and Oklahoma may be the only state where the best team is in the highest classification (Putnam City).

I said all that to say the best basketball isn't played in the 7a.   Fayetteville's win over Hall might be the only good win the 7a had over a 6a.     The 6a is the better conference this year and then it may be a toss up 5a and 7a.     The 7a conference is a that contains 14 teams with no basketball tradition what so ever.....

The best basketball is played where all the talent comes from....Little Rock and all points east.    Nobody's even said Jax would beat Fayetteville.

The real bottom line....  Fayetteville beat everyone in the highest classification (not the best), only beat 2 or 3 good teams overall.

Jax won the title in the toughest classification (6a) and toughest conference (6a east).  Played 6 or 7 good teams (some of them more then 2 times).  Lost 3 times but avenged 2 of the losses (beat Pulaski twice, and LR Hall twice, blew them out at their place and beat em barely in the state title game).    Who's to say Fayetteville could've done the same thing?   

Da Bulldogs are the #1 team......but they ain't absolute #1 just because they went undefeated in a weak classification.  Y'll can debate all y'll want the FACTs show (6a victories against the 7a, where the talent comes from in Arkansas, State Championships) that the 6a is the best as far as basketball goes.   

Quite Frankly

March 19, 2009, 10:53:53 am #102 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 11:11:35 am by QF©
My base point is Fayetteville is better than the entire 6A.  7A has some weakness still brought about by the splits occuring as new schools get their foothold.  There is no doubt some teams from each can beat the other.  But the seperation exists for a reason.  The 6A doesn't as a whole want to play the 7A.

All your 'proof' from past years amounts to zero when it comes to who the best team in this state was this year.

My contention from the start is Fayetteville is the best team in the state.  There is no proof regarding conferences or past years history to change that.   Smaller schools always want to peck at bigger schools.  It's the nature of the beast.  All the rage was about all these teams in the Central, but once they lost with such verosity as they did in the State tournament they suddenly were looked on as weak.

You can speculate until the cows come home and wax on about all the stuff you think you know, but the fact is Fayetteville is 30-0 and ranked number one in every poll.

Nothing on here changes any of that.

Sect103

Just because a team runs the floor doesn't mean they are better at basketball. I love the run and gun basketball offense too. I grew up on Hawgball just like the rest of you, but there is something to be said for what Marty Barnes and Gebhardt can do to a team that likes to run. When you slow them down, you can frustrate them, ie Hall when they played Fayetteville. But you guys are talking like Fayetteville was unable to run with people.  Fayetteville did run on teams when they wanted to do so. They were not a one dimensional bunch of slow white boys like you all are insinuating. They were a good team with a really good point guard. They tried to set the pace of the game, but when someone like Rogers set the pace, they were able to play through it.

As I said, go back to your board and speculate all you want, let the folks in Fayetteville enjoy their victory.  And remember who that victory in the 6A was over. A team that it took a call in the last 1.2 seconds for you to beat.

businesstron

Quote from: QF© on March 19, 2009, 10:53:53 am
My base point is Fayetteville is better than the entire 6A.  7A has some weakness still brought about by the splits occuring as new schools get their foothold.

All your 'proof' from past years amounts to zero when it comes to who the best team in this state was this year.

My contention from the start is Fayetteville is the best team in the state.  There is no proof regarding conferences or past years history to change that.   Smaller schools always want to peck at bigger schools.  It's the nature of the beast.  All the rage was about all these teams in the Central, but once they lost with such verosity as they did in the State tournament they suddenly were looked on as weak.

You can speculate until the cows come home and wax on about all the stuff you think you know, but the fact is Fayetteville is 30-0 and ranked number one in every poll.

Nothing on here changes any of that.

I actually think they are the best team in the state.... but they aren't heads and shoulders above the #2 team right now....it's debatable if they could even beat Jax.  Based on their schedule and the types of teams they played they haven't done anything to prove to me atleast outright that they could beat  Jax or even beat Hall twice.  As far as all the history with the smaller classes crap I don't care about that...  I go by stats and what i've seen.

Any poll that has Northside in it's top 10 isn't legitimate.....   

Quite Frankly

At no point did anyone say Fayetteville was better 'hands down'.  It was the flipsides that were trying to say Jax was that went that route.

All the 7A West fans (like me) have done is say no way that claim can be made that Jax would win based on any reasoning they presented.

This was the year for Fayetteville.  It's good for them and the state's image.  Noone in the states largest class had gone undefeated since 2000.

Smithian

March 19, 2009, 03:40:25 pm #106 Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 03:43:05 pm by Smithian
Quote from: QF© on March 18, 2009, 04:42:02 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 18, 2009, 04:34:15 pm
Just quit hatin, your pathetic school only cares about football, with real sports people running things they have a complete program someday.  I've always wondered what would the people that hire and fire up there think of someone in your position coming on a chat board and being the volital "b" that you are?  Maybe they don't know and its time they found out. 
You've not seen my "pic".  And this would make the 5th or so time you thought you were on to something in that manner.

Go ahead and tell whoever you want with BHS admin.  They'll discover what others already know about the source that provided it.

And again, you can claim 'hatin' all you want.  It's your non-first hand view with sources that are biased you take as gospel that are laughable.

Quote from: businesstron on March 19, 2009, 10:45:22 am
Also, businesstron, with your view that Southside sucks, man.... The 5A must be playing better BBall than the saint Anthony's, St. Benedict's, etc of the Jersey City-New York City area, because a "below average" Southside team won 2 of 3 games in Tulsa and came a late run away from winning the Tulsa Union Tourney ourright. Those poor souls over in Oklahoma... They would have been BLOWN OUT by the SUPERIOR small Arkansas schools, I guess.

Smithian sit back down...  You just gave me a good good laugh yesterday when I read what you said..    Southside these great Oklahoma teams....  Bixby was 7-16, East Central was 13-12, and Union was....wait...  You didn't beat Union....as a matter of fact you lost by double digits to them.    Y'll had a nice victory over Rogers this year but that's it.  Y'll sucked, ok defense no offense what so ever.  You would've been cellar dwellars in any other decent leauge. 
Um, ok... Yeah, 7A teams were able to beat Southside based on the fact they could hang with Southside and turn it into a game of skill and guard play, which Southside admittedly did not have. 90% of the teams below 7A and maybe 6A would have siply been torn up when Southside could start 6'5 and 6'8 and still bring two athletic kids at 6'4 and 6'5. Southside would have simply did what we did against smaller teams all year... Thrown it inside and gone to work.

Also, that gay "ok defense no offense" thing is getting really old. What are you, a Greenwood fan? That sounds like what Southside heard all offseason before we played Greenwood about their passing game and how awesome it was... Yeah, I bet 99% of the teams in the state have prettier ways to stop screens and keep matchups than Southside, but sometimes one human being is better than another human being on the basketball court. Southside didn't want to score a lot of points. Southside's best first quarter all year was against Rogers when the Rebs lead 5-4 at the end of the first. I bet in the NBA Finals between the Spurs and anybody and the Pistons against the Lakers, you said the Pistons/Spurs didn't have the offense to win... Hey, baby, it's all about defense and in high school basketball, there's no shot clock, which mean your "fast paced, fast breaking, super cool, super awesome, amazing offenses" could go a looooooooong time without seeing the basketball.

Fort Smith

March 22, 2009, 12:04:00 am #107 Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:07:11 am by Fort Smith
maxpreps national rankings has fayetteville at 16, but jacksonville at 143?  :o ,,  ???

Fort Smith

The way jacksonville is talked about here, i would think they would be a little higher than that.

businesstron

Quote from: Smithian on March 19, 2009, 03:40:25 pm
Quote from: QF© on March 18, 2009, 04:42:02 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on March 18, 2009, 04:34:15 pm
Just quit hatin, your pathetic school only cares about football, with real sports people running things they have a complete program someday.  I've always wondered what would the people that hire and fire up there think of someone in your position coming on a chat board and being the volital "b" that you are?  Maybe they don't know and its time they found out. 
You've not seen my "pic".  And this would make the 5th or so time you thought you were on to something in that manner.

Go ahead and tell whoever you want with BHS admin.  They'll discover what others already know about the source that provided it.

And again, you can claim 'hatin' all you want.  It's your non-first hand view with sources that are biased you take as gospel that are laughable.

Quote from: businesstron on March 19, 2009, 10:45:22 am

Um, ok... Yeah, 7A teams were able to beat Southside based on the fact they could hang with Southside and turn it into a game of skill and guard play, which Southside admittedly did not have. 90% of the teams below 7A and maybe 6A would have siply been torn up when Southside could start 6'5 and 6'8 and still bring two athletic kids at 6'4 and 6'5. Southside would have simply did what we did against smaller teams all year... Thrown it inside and gone to work.

Also, that gay "ok defense no offense" thing is getting really old. What are you, a Greenwood fan? That sounds like what Southside heard all offseason before we played Greenwood about their passing game and how awesome it was... Yeah, I bet 99% of the teams in the state have prettier ways to stop screens and keep matchups than Southside, but sometimes one human being is better than another human being on the basketball court. Southside didn't want to score a lot of points. Southside's best first quarter all year was against Rogers when the Rebs lead 5-4 at the end of the first. I bet in the NBA Finals between the Spurs and anybody and the Pistons against the Lakers, you said the Pistons/Spurs didn't have the offense to win... Hey, baby, it's all about defense and in high school basketball, there's no shot clock, which mean your "fast paced, fast breaking, super cool, super awesome, amazing offenses" could go a looooooooong time without seeing the basketball.

I had a good laugh when I read this out in Cali......  Your right about your guard play...it was horrendus..  But your Front court as athletic as you want it to be couldn't shot for crap outside of Ross...    You say your style of play would wear down 90% of the schools below 7a...    I guess Benton wasn't in that 90% cause they beat y'll by 16 points.   

Sure you can beat small sorry teams like Prarie Grove, Clarksville and Ozark, but y'll couldn't beat a good 6a, 5a, or heck maybe even a good 4a team last year. 

Most of your victories in the 7a west came against horrible teams like Bentonville, Heritage and Springdale..   You have the one over Rogers and thats it....even a blind squirrel finds a nut. 

This is basketball not football.....so let's keep the comparison's to that.   The pistons had a good offense and an absolutly smoldering defense the year they beat the Lakers. 

Southside has a horrible offense and an okay (Not great) defense.....so y'll don't  compare to the Pistons....the Pistons had a back court....

As far as styles go I really don't care.  If it wins it wins.  I'd rather watch a team with a decent offesne and defesne instead  of something lopsided.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas