• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A Girls Final

Started by Ty, March 14, 2009, 03:20:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

FHS- 30
NLR- 27

Fayetteville was up by 13 with 2:35 left in the 2nd but NLR went on a 10-0 scoring run to close out the half.

Seale had 11, while Shipley had 9.

DawgCatcher

Just started 4th Quarter:
Fayetteville 50
NLR  42

DawgCatcher

4 Minutes remaining:

Fayetteville 60
NLR  48

NLR Post player has fouled out...

Ty

1:44 remaining.

FHS up by 9.

DawgCatcher

Fayetteville ladies take the championship

:D Fayetteville -  72
  >:( N L R -  61

Striker

Great job ladies. Wow, what a year for Fayetteville.

topone

Sounds like this was an exciting game.. congrads to both teams and coaches!!

lakers

I'm glad to see that ref's can finally get called out...and one of those should have never called that 7A girls final...this is from the Demozette

"Technically speaking
     Referee Angie Bartles called the foul on Seale after Seale slammed the ball down with 4:40 left in the third quarter and Fayetteville leading 40-31. In the state semifinals two years ago, Bartles called two technicals on Fimple, costing him an ejection in an overtime loss to Conway."

Quite Frankly

Nonetheless, that technical was deserved on Saturday.

shaniqua

as a completely unbiased observer (from Vilonia, didn't care who won this game) - when NLR closed in on Fayetteville girls, the refs were right there to take care of Fayetteville.  There were two consecutive blatantly horrible calls in the 3rd quarter that allowed Fayetteville to push it back to an 8 point lead.  (these happened before the technical)  I didn't care either way, I just thought it was interesting...

Quite Frankly

The big girls from NLR got by with at least 5 more fouls than what she was called for as well.  Her rebounding technique was two hands in the persons back in front of her followed by a good shove.

shaniqua

the officials were just fine for the most part - as long as Fayetteville had a comfortable lead...  ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas