• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who has the best student in the state? where is toughest place to play? who is m

Started by eyeamaram, March 11, 2009, 08:25:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

On the Move

I would have to say I would have thought you would be talking about Fayetteville.  Since they are in the Championship games girls and boys!!!!

Quite Frankly

Wrong on many counts.

Who is the best student in the state?  I guess it's safe to rule you out. 

Where is toughest place to play?  Certainly not the Red Dogs who lost to many conference games on their own floor to win that argument.  Some badly.

Who is M?  Well, you got me there Maurice.

eyeamaram

im pretty sure this wasnt a question of who won..if i read the question right..i guess you just  cant read..and springdale definitly had a top student question in the state. who can you say was better? huh? come on give it a try

Quite Frankly

Quote from: eyeamaram on March 11, 2009, 08:37:05 pm
im pretty sure this wasnt a question of who won..if i read the question right..i guess you just  cant read..and springdale definitly had a top student question in the state. who can you say was better? huh? come on give it a try
It's pretty funny you don't even understand what your own question says.  ::)

Who is the top 'student'?  Is he good at Quiz Bowl?

RGP

eyeamaram

ha my bad it means studet section. b ut northside??????? they got no one..but yeah sdale is hostile and never been to bryant

Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly

Sect103

As a Fayetteville fan I hate to say but the best basketball section I saw this year was in Har-Ber, but Fayetteville's can be good if they show up, case in point was the Rogers game up there.  Our home crowds were pretty good.

Northside's was nonexistent when I was there this season. Springdale's was ok, but we were destroying them and only parents were intimidating. Rogers is always pretty good too.

Cabot's wasn't too bad either.

Ty

Quote from: Sect103 on March 11, 2009, 10:44:24 pm
As a Fayetteville fan I hate to say but the best basketball section I saw this year was in Har-Ber, but Fayetteville's can be good if they show up, case in point was the Rogers game up there.  Our home crowds were pretty good.

Northside's was nonexistent when I was there this season. Springdale's was ok, but we were destroying them and only parents were intimidating. Rogers is always pretty good too.

Cabot's wasn't too bad either.
Har-Ber failed to show up both times against Springdale, their "rival".

I'm pretty sure the Fayetteville kids were more concerned with planning their shopping sprees that weekend than being concerned with the basketball team. Sad that they did not take advantage of having both their boys and girls teams being the best team in the state .

Springdale had a very respectable student section and anyone who says different was not at their two state tournament games. When you include numerous home and away games, regardless of the talent on the court, they far out shined the students from other schools.

Rogers would be a good candidate if it wasn't for a simple lack of numbers. They make up for it with originality and just being plain ugly.

Smithian

Bentonville = Horrible. No chants. No anything. Do nothing but try to curse boys and girls(Noone deny it.). Type of preps who would have their arses whooped if they pulled their stunts somewhere like Memphis. God help us if they ever get a good-... Well, we won't worry about that.
Fayetteville = Bentonville plus on court success. Not good combo. Got bored easily considering they blew teams out a lot.
Fort Smith Northside = Sadly, not much school participation. They all care about BBall, but not really the cheering types.
Fort Smith Southside = Alright. Mid level. Basically Northside minus caring about BBall. Small gym helps. Have to get bonus points for hostile parents and other adult fans.
Rogers = Really hurting on numbers right now. Most original... By far.
Rogers Heritage = I think they want to be Bentonville except even Bentonville has more on court success. I see no success for their future.
Springdale = Very large, lacks any originality originality, but makes up for it in the fact there is simply huge numbers. The exact opposite of Rogers. Shelton Baird-mania sweeps this crowd worse than Gulley-mania at Fayetteville. "Have my baby, Shelton!"
Springdale Har-Ber = So... Average. Gym to large to make a difference. Basically Southside student section except Southside's gym is much smaller and therefore louder as a result.

If the tourney was any indication, I have to give the title to Springdale. Southside make valiant attempts early as did Northside to act like they wanted to be respectable, but it never materialized. Fayetteville had potential but had long stretches of silence when I watched. Once the SMAT builds its numbers back up, they'll be the best again.

But, overall, lets remember... This is high school. Student sections make little difference. Now, go up to college were the smallest student sections are a few hundred and some are up to several thousand, they make a big difference.

Ty

Quote from: Smithian on March 15, 2009, 04:05:42 pm
Bentonville = Horrible. No chants. No anything. Do nothing but try to curse boys and girls(Noone deny it.). Type of preps who would have their arses whooped if they pulled their stunts somewhere like Memphis. God help us if they ever get a good-... Well, we won't worry about that.
Fayetteville = Bentonville plus on court success. Not good combo. Got bored easily considering they blew teams out a lot.
Fort Smith Northside = Sadly, not much school participation. They all care about BBall, but not really the cheering types.
Fort Smith Southside = Alright. Mid level. Basically Northside minus caring about BBall. Small gym helps. Have to get bonus points for hostile parents and other adult fans.
Rogers = Really hurting on numbers right now. Most original... By far.
Rogers Heritage = I think they want to be Bentonville except even Bentonville has more on court success. I see no success for their future.
Springdale = Very large, lacks any originality originality, but makes up for it in the fact there is simply huge numbers. The exact opposite of Rogers. Shelton Baird-mania sweeps this crowd worse than Gulley-mania at Fayetteville. "Have my baby, Shelton!"
Springdale Har-Ber = So... Average. Gym to large to make a difference. Basically Southside student section except Southside's gym is much smaller and therefore louder as a result.

If the tourney was any indication, I have to give the title to Springdale. Southside make valiant attempts early as did Northside to act like they wanted to be respectable, but it never materialized. Fayetteville had potential but had long stretches of silence when I watched. Once the SMAT builds its numbers back up, they'll be the best again.

But, overall, lets remember... This is high school. Student sections make little difference. Now, go up to college were the smallest student sections are a few hundred and some are up to several thousand, they make a big difference.
Excuse the lack of originality from Springdale. They have had little to cheer for in YEARS. The fact that Springdale (that football school) had decent numbers is pretty amazing.

Quite Frankly

Wow SMithian,what a joke that list was.

Southside's student section hardly ever traveled north.  The two games I saw away from their gym they were nonexistent.  The four times I saw Fayetteville, they were packed.  Twice on the road in fact.  But they were a failure at Ft. Smith for the state tournament.

While I agree with Bentonville being a total failure, it's relatively funny you try to poke at the arrogance when SS is the most noted for it over the years and frequently on this board.  It's so bad it trickles over onto their coach than any other school in the West.

Ty

Quote from: QF© on March 15, 2009, 04:45:57 pm
The four times I saw Fayetteville, they were packed.  Twice on the road in fact.  But they were a failure at Ft. Smith for the state tournament.
Fayetteville had numbers, but little else.

They were not loud, like Springdale. They lacked any originality, like S.M.A.T..

Quite Frankly

I guess when you're such a loser, you have nothing else to hang your hat on.

Fact is, you didn't see them enough to know. 

Worry more about your coach staying than this.

eyeamaram

the best player introduction was also springdale..wether it was throwing powder in the air or parting the red sea they always had an original player introduction especially in big games vs harber.

roges did have good people in it but as said they just didnt have the numbers to help it.

springdale was the most loyal away from their home. they tailgated in other schools parking lots even bringing basketball goals to put up and play before they game

they also took 3 buses of students to the tournemnt games.

fay town kids started to not care and didnt show up to support thier team every game

bentonville sucked

nothside had one of the worst as well

southside was just okay

heritage was quiet..but no need to explain there at least some showed up..and harber was off and on..they were outdone by sdale at their home stadium and finaly got mad and showed up at sdale but they were still outdone

but congrats to the fay town teams for undeafeated seasons

eyeamaram

Quite Frankly

Having students thrown out for language is an automatic rejection for any award for best student section.

eyeamaram

how do you know it was for language? what if it was just getting mad at the ref? it just shows those students have the pride every school needs.

Quite Frankly

I know what I heard.

I'm also aware the standards are pretty low there for what is acceptable for students and some coaches when it comes to foul language and certain parents.

You need to take those sportsmanship rules off the wall.  They're a farce.

eyeamaram

i dont know where you coulda have been sitting to hear what was said...but im glad you have great hearing..that will help you out a lot when you get to old age. and i guess springdale should feel bad for having some of the best competitors in coaches and players and some of the bst school pride in the state

Quite Frankly

It's an excuse and it's the right town for it.

It is possible to be classy, win and have a good student section.  But you'll fail in that mission.

eyeamaram

im glad your so superior over sdale schools. last time i checked there wasnt a sport or game so far this year sdale schools havent competed and had a chance to win in.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: eyeamaram on March 15, 2009, 08:22:54 pm
im glad your so superior over sdale schools. last time i checked there wasnt a sport or game so far this year sdale schools havent competed and had a chance to win in.
Superiority is what you perceive to help you excuse your conduct.  None of what you said has refuted the facts of my posts.  Continued defense of poor conduct only affirms it's ingrained in the system.

Ty

Quote from: QF© on March 15, 2009, 08:07:28 pm
Having students thrown out for language is an automatic rejection for any award for best student section.
Every student section in the state would have kids thrown out for bad language if someone was to monitor then.

Aknowleding that behavior is not condoning it, but merely being realistic and realizing you are dealing with 15-18 year olds.

Quite Frankly

Again, your tolerance is an affirmation.  But no one in Springdale admits to wrongdoing.  It's part of the code.

Smithian

Quote from: Ty on March 15, 2009, 04:25:52 pm
Excuse the lack of originality from Springdale. They have had little to cheer for in YEARS. The fact that Springdale (that football school) had decent numbers is pretty amazing.
They get an A+ for effort.

Quote from: QF© on March 15, 2009, 04:45:57 pmSouthside's student section hardly ever traveled north.  The two games I saw away from their gym they were nonexistent.  The four times I saw Fayetteville, they were packed.  Twice on the road in fact.  But they were a failure at Ft. Smith for the state tournament.
Over the last three or four years, not a single student section has shown up at Southside other than Southside's except this year when a small contingent from BHS showed up. You have to realize that althought Fort Smith kids didn't go north, noone up north came south. As far as the state tournament, like I said, the Fort Smith kids dropped the idea they would even try halfway through the year.

While I agree with Bentonville being a total failure, it's relatively funny you try to poke at the arrogance when SS is the most noted for it over the years and frequently on this board.  It's so bad it trickles over onto their coach than any other school in the West.
If a single Southside student ever were to call girls from an opposing school a five letter word, they wouldn't be allowed to come to any athletic event the rest of the year. If the student section as a whole were to do it like Bentonville did in both sports, the Southside principals would have zero problem kicking them all out. You can make fun of Southside all you want for stuff like making fun of other schools on here and at times being obnoxious when you're visiting Southside for games, but there is a clear moral boundary that is not crossed by Southside students that was crossed more than once by your precious Bentonville student body.

If you EVER have a problem with a Southside student doing anything like the BHS student body has been accused of, please do something about it. Contact any of Southside poster on here and we'll find you phone numbers of the respective sport's coaches office, Principal Wayne Haver, and if you want it, the office of athletic director Jim Rowland. If you don't feel like they'll take an outsider seriously, any Southside poster on here(RGP, baitshop, ARDA, myself, even 7AFBFAN)will contact them for you and get the situation sorted out. All jokes aside, anyone affiliated with Southside knows we take pride in hard work and class, and regardless the price, we want to uphold that. I think a Northside person would feel the exact same and would want you to approach them about a problem as well. Yeah, we'll talk crap on here, but we when it gets right down to it, we still have class.

Ty

Quote from: QF© on March 15, 2009, 08:47:31 pm
Again, your tolerance is an affirmation.  But no one in Springdale admits to wrongdoing.  It's part of the code.
Let's not delve too deep into that.

Consensus between the players is that Bentonville's student section was the most vile out of any of the schools. Don't throw rocks in a grass house.

Quite Frankly

Again, you'll not find me defend the BHS student section.  Plus, their conduct doesn't make SD's any better.

Plus, Nelson has yet to destroy a door. ;)

Smithian

Smithian

I assume as do a couple others that that means Coach Cooper.

Quite Frankly

That was a reference to the number of SS posters that have attacked Cooper on here and other boards.

In other words, SS attacking SS.  That was all.

I will say I've met nicer coaches.  But no biggie.

Smithian

Trust me, Coach Cooper is better this year without 18,000 parents scheming on HOGVILLE and Fearless how to get their son on the court among other things.

Quite Frankly

dwade534

i will say this for the bentonville student section as a player and as a member of it, they are loud, and that is a boost to the guys playing. im not tryin to condone comments that may have been said, but every student section does it, including your beloved southside. i know this because there has been stuff yelled at me. im not here to cry about it, i see it as part of sports, but i do get a little tired of the high and mighty attitude of southside supporters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas