• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Girls Final-Lake Hamilton vs. West Memphis-Who will win?

Started by Mike Love, March 11, 2009, 02:21:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Love

It will be interesting to see, if the referees let them play, or will they dictate who wins or loses. I hope for the girls sake, they do not have the ones that were at West Memphis. In the Sheridan vs. Parkview game, out of 33 team fouls called against Sheridan(more than 1 a minute), 20 of them were called by the same referee, 9 were called by 1 and 4 by the third official. After just watching the replay, it was the 3rd official who really did his job. By the way, 22 fouls were called against Parkview, but they shot 22 free throws in the last 10 minutes, coming from an 11 point deficit. Both Lake Hamilton and West Memphis deserve better.

Swish83

WM easily.. Too Big, Too Fast, Good 3pt shooters, good FT shooters, tenacious man to man defense! :)

LionCatfan

Quote from: Swish83 on March 11, 2009, 04:03:12 pm
WM easily.. Too Big, Too Fast, Good 3pt shooters, good FT shooters, tenacious man to man defense! :)

In the words or Mr. Corso (ESPN Game Day) NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND...
WM has not faced a a front line as mobile & have the ability to get to the rim or draw fouls as LH. #4 seed from East has played both....split with WM & lost to LH by 16.
Frontline: advantage LH
Backcourt: advantage WM

As Mike  Love already eluded to....if the whistles stay in the pocket it should be a dandy!!!!

Mike Love

;D Great post, LionCatfan, did ya tell coach k we said hi?

brainman

LionCatfan knows the plan! Hey LCF, when Jessica and Suzanne have their backs to the wall whether it's AAU ball or school ball they respond, plus they trigger a team response about 90% of the time! It's going to be rag ball against true fundamental Bball. The LH post game will be to much for WM unless the DILDRONIC, CLUELESS refs decide to dictate the game. Here's how you'll know if the striped VERMIN will determine the out come: FOULS on the posts, FOULS on the post, FOULS on th....do I have to say it again? Both posts are extremely smart and aware of their surroundings. If either has 3 by half then the fix is in and LHs goose is cooked. If either has 2 by half, then you need to start going hmm. First 5 minutes in the second will be critical for LH, tight game or not, low foul numbers and no injuries has them tossing the streetball to the CURB!

BRAINMAN..Don't bounce that trash round here!

fastdrop

Good Gosh...so according to you either LH wins or it is fixed.

The south is full of idiot posters.

LionCatfan

not from the south....not an idiot but appreciate your contribution just the same.

pantherpride222

LH wins in a close one.

PS. Officiating was bad everywhere this year.  Its funny to here someone from Sheridan of all places complaining about bad calls.  I've seen teams get hosed big-time in Sheridan!

fastdrop

Some WC dude sat behind me at one of the basketball games at the tourney and I had to get up and move. From the very first second of the game he was on the refs and never quit or halfway let up. His team was up by 8 when I moved but you would of thought they were getting killed. I figured it was a 6A south thing.

Mike Love

You are as big a moron as TB said you were. The east are not god's gift. Our refs usually let them play a little. dude 55 fouls in a 32 minute game. we paid to watch a basketball game, not a trio of clowns blowing a whistle and bringing attention to themselves at least twice a minute. I'm sure coach Flanigan of parkview boys feels the same, he just has to be PC. Not me

fastdrop

Look....What ever TB said about me is cool. I have my own opinion and I do not care to sit by a bunch of cry babies crying over the refs the whole game. BTW....this was the boys ball game I am refering to (the crying started at tip-off and WC won the game easily). I only watched the end of the girls game and I have already stated my opinion of the end of that game.

And then I read on here that the only way WM can win this game is because the refs are bought off....give me a break.

Mike Love

I did not say that, I said "BOTH" teams deserve better. I watched the PV vs WC game as well, and set right behind Parkview bench, and those three officiating clowns were ridiculous. No one could get a rythem or anything. The techs were probably out of frustration that the refs were not letting the teams play. I know in the south they usually let them play a little more physical than was the case at WM, boys and girls.

fastdrop

Both posts are extremely smart and aware of their surroundings. If either has 3 by half then the fix is in and LHs goose is cooked.

This is what I am talking about....

And I swear to you 18 to 24 people moved at halftime because of a WC fan that was yelling at the top of his lungs at the refs....it was pathetic.

The Parkview - Sheridan game....I really did not care who won that game - they were in the other brackett. I don't think the game was rigged by the refs. Could be that the ref was near sighted.

Mike Love

Well, I don't blame them for moving, but after watching that trio for 2 days, i certainly don't blame a fan for hollerin at the morons either.
I'm not saying there will be a fix, just let the girls and coaches decide the championship, not some whistle-happy pin stripe trying to look good in front of everybody.
I know and love Shelby Jo, my daughter is her catcher in softball, but I hope the twin towers bring home the trophy for the south.

LionCatfan

Watched a lot of basketball this season from Jr. High to High School to GSC (college for those that don't follow the old AIC)...when it comes to officiating if this can be said after the game you will have to say they have done their job.
1. did not notice the refs all night
2. equally bad (or good) for both sides
3. at least they were in position to get the call right
4. game was called the same in beginning & the end.

Lastly, we all know when the whistle blows their job approval rating can never be greater than 50%!!!!

ML check your PM

Mike Love

Anyway, ol'fastdroop, why are you fussin' so much, ya'll are really a 7a school playing 6a because of a freakin crybaby exemption. Lets just compare apples to apples , why don't we.

fastdrop

Love...I was just intriged by > if LH losses the game was rigged remark. Also, the game the WC dude acted a fool did not have the same refs calling it as the girls had.

Believe it or not I was pulling for Sheridan in the game with PV and I thought the game was yours. Especially after the tech that was called on PV late in the game....then a Sheridan player did the exact same thing that the PV player did and got a tech when the game was all but over and turned the game back over to Parkview.

Granted I am sure the girls were frustrated and all. Still, that was the turning point in a hard fought game by both teams.

True Believer

Quote from: Mike Love on March 11, 2009, 08:08:44 pm
You are as big a moron as TB said you were. The east are not god's gift. Our refs usually let them play a little. dude 55 fouls in a 32 minute game. we paid to watch a basketball game, not a trio of clowns blowing a whistle and bringing attention to themselves at least twice a minute. I'm sure coach Flanigan of parkview boys feels the same, he just has to be PC. Not me

LOL...hey now.  Don't drag me into this.  You guys are too funny.

True Believer

And FD I never said you were a moran...just to set the record straight.   I do feel sorry for him having to live in West Memphis and all.

Mike Love

The trio who did WC vs PV boys was the same trio that did Sheridan vs Mtn. Home girls. They would not let the teams play, either game.

fastdrop

Mike Love

True Believer

No, I did not say that either.

Maybe he thought I meant moron when I said you pulled for WM and were a loser. 

Mike Love

Question: who is the only 7a school that gets to compete in 6a? I know, Iknow, it's West memphis, ma'm.
Then they beat on their chest and proclaim how great they are. Wow, that AAA ruling is as bad as the referees that where at the Tourny.

True Believer

fastdrop

This thread has gone from I sure hope Wm-LH gets a fair shake at having good refs call the game to WM should be in 7A and are always beating thier chest.

Show me one place on this thread where anybody is beating thier chest about WM.

If WM wins it is because the refs gave them the game....disturbing that this is brought out in this thread as an early excuse just in case LH loses.

LH is a great team and it will take a huge effort by the Lady Devils to bring home the Ring. Good Luck Devils....have a safe trip and enjoy the heck out of it.

Mike Love

8) Maybe I'm still venting. Good luck to both teams, love ya shelby jo, and go wolves.

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

brainman

Quote from: fastdrop on March 11, 2009, 08:20:03 pm
Look....What ever TB said about me is cool. I have my own opinion and I do not care to sit by a bunch of cry babies crying over the refs the whole game. BTW....this was the boys ball game I am refering to (the crying started at tip-off and WC won the game easily). I only watched the end of the girls game and I have already stated my opinion of the end of that game.

And then I read on here that the only way WM can win this game is because the refs are bought off....give me a break.

Look STUPID I didn't say bought off you BRAINLACKING DILDRON, you did! Can anybody out there understand what slowslop is trying to say or accuse me of? Dude the fix is getting caught up in the frenzy of YARDBALL or truly officiating  a game evenly. So people from the south is stupid or what? We all dumb down har. Magine nat. We's all stupid huh? I guess ol laststop nos more ball dan we do.
Look trailerpark you need to mind your bidness and leave us conspiring ol southern folk alone. Member what i said about those fouls fool! Hey Mikey, this moron must love rag ball and hate real ball. Get a clue you idiot, if it ain't trashy and junky it don't sell. Duh. Hey wastemop are you familiar with a reffing trio known as GRANPA MUNSTER and the DIXIE DANCE CREW? The class 1A board will help you to identify with the clowns you look up to. I stand by what I said about the game and we'll see who's right, me, or the train boarder known as gassedprop. I've already figured this out: if they ain't like ya, they don't like ya!
BRAINMAN..still punking in the patch.......

PS. vastdrop Barney Frank called and he wants his lisp back!

fastdrop

I've already figured this out: if they ain't like ya, they don't like ya!

That one statement said it all.....If you can't win on the court you can have this crutch to make you feel better. IF THEY AIN"T LIKE YA, THEY DON"T LIKE YA!

I am like ya and I don't like ya.

Speed and quickness will win this game.....Go Lady Devils

Rulesman

Quote from: Mike Love on March 11, 2009, 10:00:36 pm
8) Maybe I'm still venting...
You are. Whining might be a better word. You've been doing that since the day Sheridan got beat... by a better team on that particular day, I might add.

Mike Love

I still think we had a better team, and a better game plan, but the refs became a major factor. Anyway, we'll have to wait until next year.....
GO Lady WOLVES
sorry Shelby Jo, we still love ya

fastdrop

The game plan was to foul the heck out of Parkview so they could not use thier superior ability to win the game.....The refs called the fouls instead of letting you get by with it. Shame on them.

LionCatfan

FD,
You may be right the speed of WM guards may be the difference but I think the posts of LH are that much better & more versatile than the posts of WM it will more than nullify potential advantage WM has in guard play. WM guards if hot from outside will be an advantage but I have seen them hot & cold as a wedge. These are two very good teams that I hope play up to their potential with the game being decided by players making plays.

fastdrop

Quote from: LionCatfan on March 12, 2009, 08:17:06 am
FD,
You may be right the speed of WM guards may be the difference but I think the posts of LH are that much better & more versatile than the posts of WM it will more than nullify potential advantage WM has in guard play. WM guards if hot from outside will be an advantage but I have seen them hot & cold as a wedge. These are two very good teams that I hope play up to their potential with the game being decided by players making plays.
Exactly....and it will.

brainman

Your like me? Your from the south too ragballer? Hmm. I don't think so LISPY. You and your GRANDPA along with Lance "I'm in a trance" Taylor have dictated enough of the corruption we've had to put up with. Take that used underwear showercap your wearing off, it's begining to cut off the oxygen to that onion encasing that pebble you call a BRAIN! I'm starting to think you have a kid on the yardballing WM team or your a kin of the posse known as GRANDPA MUNSTER and the DIXIE DANCE CREW.
BRAINMAN..Hey muststop a southern man don't need you around any how!

PS. Obama called and wants his EARS back! Hear me?
PSS. Speed and quickness huh? Oh. Yardball...Hmm..

Mike Love

Now fastdrop, I was ready to play nice, but....
I have in my possession the game film, all you have to do is watch it, if you, I will send it to you, and then you can make up your mind. There were at least 8 calls, that was nothing there. There was 9 fouls called, 6 on Sheridan, 3 on PV, that no one touched anyone. Was Parkview more athletic, yes, But I think we were more fundamental, and had a great game plan against their match-up 2-3. Only after all the fouls called did the complexion of the game change. The technical at the end really hurt. She deserved the technical. She didn't deserve the foul that got her the technical. She never even touched the girl. I watched like 6 times, in slow motion. In the end, their main player(RICE) made plays, our main olayers were on the bench, fouled out. There will always be next year.

brainman

YARDBALL YARDBALL Hey throw it up it might go in. Or, you just might get fouled!
BRAINMAN...PUNKSTAINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brainman

dustmop your idling on stupid turn it off and get out before you blow up you ragballing MORON!
BRAINMAN...BUMPUNKER!!!!!!!!!!!

fastdrop

Quote from: Mike Love on March 12, 2009, 08:24:22 am
I have in my possession the game film, all you have to do is watch it, if you, I will send it to you, and then you can make up your mind. There were at least 8 calls, that was nothing there. There was 9 fouls called, 6 on Sheridan, 3 on PV, that no one touched anyone. Was Parkview more athletic, yes, But I think we were more fundamental, and had a great game plan against their match-up 2-3. Only after all the fouls called did the complexion of the game change. The technical at the end really hurt. She deserved the technical. She didn't deserve the foul that got her the technical. She never even touched the girl. I watched like 6 times, in slow motion. In the end, their main player(RICE) made plays, our main olayers were on the bench, fouled out. There will always be next year.
I was just kiddin you with my last post. But, you might want to put that tape away and get ready for softball....Time flies by when your kids are in HS.....Enjoy the Sporting events while you can.

Mike Love

She really took it hard. Thanks, as she is a 2-sport athlete, I am fixing to heal my self, as soon as LH wins the Championship. GO south.

LionCatfan

Quote from: Mike Love on March 12, 2009, 08:24:22 am
I have in my possession the game film, all you have to do is watch it, if you, I will send it to you, and then you can make up your mind. There were at least 8 calls, that was nothing there. There was 9 fouls called, 6 on Sheridan, 3 on PV, that no one touched anyone. Was Parkview more athletic, yes, But I think we were more fundamental, and had a great game plan against their match-up 2-3. Only after all the fouls called did the complexion of the game change. The technical at the end really hurt. She deserved the technical. She didn't deserve the foul that got her the technical. She never even touched the girl. I watched like 6 times, in slow motion. In the end, their main player(RICE) made plays, our main players were on the bench, fouled out. There will always be next year.

Hey Mike,

I feel your pain....gonna have to let it go...not getting much sympathy on this thread. You know I am from the East thinking the South may take the title but allegiance is to the East so I will have to pull for WM. This would only give creditability for who my true allegiance is with!!!   LOL

LCfan 

fastdrop

She is an athlete.....has to know you win some and lose some. Losing in the finals is the tough one.

The Devil Girls is the coolest group of kids I have seen play in a long time. Nothing bothers them. They just play thier game. If they lose in the finals they will lose with dignity....if they win...the same.

Mike Love

I only know 1, that being Shelby Jo, and her and mine are tight. She is class, as are her parents. I expect a good game. But i think the ability and versatility of the twin towers will be too much to overcome, and if they forget about Driggers and Corey hill, they can light it up.  Thanks for the compliments, I know she is not the best, but she plays as hard as anyone. She plays with heart. Thank you

brainman

Quote from: pantherpride222 on March 11, 2009, 07:36:33 pm
LH wins in a close one.

PS. Officiating was bad everywhere this year.  Its funny to here someone from Sheridan of all places complaining about bad calls.  I've seen teams get hosed big-time in Sheridan!
Yeah, the Sheridan girls and boy teams because THEY don't like us ..................oh, ddddown hhhere. Strange how the calls go in Sheridan huh?
BRAINMAN...sssstuttering but not speechless!!!!

Swish83

Guards: Quick/Good Shooters/ Tough-Scrappy Defense Advantage WM

Post: Good Hands, Tall and can Bang, Athletic, Quick jumpers, Gordon can grab the rim with 2 hands, Shot blockers..Advantage WM

FT shooting: Let's call it even!

Arena: No Advantage to either team. Both want to win!

Coaching: Advantage WM/ Been there!

Go Lady Devils! Bring home the trophy!

hoopswatcher

I have stayed out of this thread long enough(purposely) but now it is time to jump in. Congrats to both teams they both have played well this season and in post season and deserve to be in the championship. I am in no way surprised at LH being in the game, they return alot of talent especially inside. I am, however, surprised at WM. Coach Burns has done a great job with this team that I felt would finished at best 3rd in the East. My take on the game is this.

When you get to this point, GUARD play is the deciding factor. Whether it is high school, college or the NBA the team with better guard play will win 90% of the time. I look for WM to pressure the LH backcourt and not only make it hard to get ball to the post but hard to get up court. If LH can handle the pressure, then they can win the game. If they cant, WM will. If LH can do just average againest the pressure it will come down to Gordon and the BIG girl from WM to defend in the post. I think they can hold their own againest LH post players. Lets not forget that Gordon is a D1 PLAYER herself and the other BIG girl is a space eater and can cause LH some problems. WM is far superior in the backcourt, in the games I saw LH, there backcourt is average at best. WM guards are quick, relentless on D, and can shoot the ball.
I see WM scoring alot of fastbreak points off turnovers and controlling the big girls of LH. Mainly from putting alot of pressure on the LH guards.

If this game comes down to coaching, WM will be crowned 6A CHAMPS. IMO this is a coaching mismatch, Coach Burns is the best girls coach in the state.

WM Brings the Championship home to NEA

WM-54
LH-  46

JMO

brainman

How hard could it be to coach the WM girls? Roll the ball out maybe run a  designed play or two if you miss get in the passing lanes if it goes the other way. Hmm. The coaching task will be mainly on the LH coach. The breakdown of Xs and Os with an every time response will be up to the players for LH. I think LH is disciplined enough not to get rattled under the chaotic pressure and I'll take the LH posts in the open court game of press defense or offense. No score prediction, just win prediction-----LAKE HAMILTON!
BRAINMAN...LH, the wrath for the south!!!!!!!!!

Like I said, Ragball against Realball........

redwolf143

kept out of this one for a while aswell, three things to say;

1) Whatever team that wins will deserve the win and be the champions, all the cospiracy theories and whining aside, a team cannot be handed a victory, they can be helped but the amount of help they get will not make a bad team a finalist.  when you;ve gotten this far, it's not a matter of good, bad, or better but a matter of who wins the day's battle. 

2) Mike, count to ten and remember that it's only HS sports, your daughter will probably have forgotten this long before you have the way things are going, she will go on to live a perfectly good life and it will have absolutely no affect on her future.  You are a good father and a good man, show her that by letting what is be.  Brainman, you make no sense here and less sense on the PS board, what they say is true, stay quiet and people will think you wise, open your mouth and you risk proving them wrong.

3) having 4 Lady Devils miss class today I have to say I hope they win and most importantly I hope they come home safe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas